NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 4 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:43 pm

of course they should be trying to retain Glenn, he is the 6-7/10 every week glue that a pack needs.
    but you wouldnt retain him at the expense of one of the younger guys coming through IMO
    Dip

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 4 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Dip Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Things i've read about Haas over the last couple of years have always mentioned how impressive his motor is. For a big guy, he can put in the big minutes. When he was playing Q CUP he was consistently putting in long stints.

I agree though, I'm a little worried he may become a bit injury plagued.

Yeah I've not seen him playing lower grades so it really is just a guess. One thing's for sure, anyone who plays NRL as a prop at 18 has potential.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Dip wrote:

Yeah I've not seen him playing lower grades so it really is just a guess. One thing's for sure, anyone who plays NRL as a prop at 18 has potential.

I hate to compare blokes purely on coincidence but he does remind me a little bit of BIG Dave Taylor.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:08 pm

So can we just write a note for all future recruitment officers for the rest of eternity to black-list players with the last name 'Sims'?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm

This club is a fucking joke. Twelve years without a premiership and Bennett continues to run the club into the ground. He needs to go right now. This is his last game as Brisbane coach, it has to be. I'm fucking sick of this club underachieving every season. Every. Fucking. Season.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Fucking woeful

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:07 pm

hope the club makes the men's squad travel with the ladies to sit in the stands for their matches, might show them how much playing for the Broncos means to people with a bit of fucking passion about what they do.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Why’s that Surmbro, Tariq had possibly the best game he’s ever had?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Pieman wrote:Why’s that Surmbro, Tariq had possibly the best game he’s ever had?
    Yeah, and Ruan would have helped the team today.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:01 pm

An incredible win for a massively understrength/underdog/out of form/on way leg during game Dragons against a red hot Broncos. I absolutely did NOT see that coming. Wow. That will surely see the end of Bennett. I can't see them keeping him for 2019 now.

That's gotta be a hard one to take yeah? Not as bad as a spoon, obviously, so there is an upside.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Ice wrote:An incredible win for a massively understrength/underdog/out of form/on way leg during game Dragons against a red hot Broncos. I absolutely did NOT see that coming. Wow. That will surely see the end of Bennett. I can't see them keeping him for 2019 now.

That's gotta be a hard one to take yeah? Not as bad as a spoon, obviously, so there is an upside.

dunno what you're talking about, that was a solid 30-4 drubbing of the Dragons, showing off our premiership credentials...

in all seriousness though, i had some worries that we'd blow it, like we have pretty much every other time we've been heavy favourites this season, but i was pretty confident that the do-or-die nature of the finals would light a fire under us, but apparently the players picked 'die', if that came out of nowhere it might've been way more difficult to accept, but as i mentioned, the 'favourites' tag is not one we've flourished under, the entire team clocked off after Niko made it look too easy to put Fifita under the sticks and by the time Tariq crossed for his 3rd, i turned the TV off and stopped caring about a team that had stopped caring.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 pm

That’s it mate, only support them when they are winning. Like a true fan.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 pm

If i wanted your opinion i'd ask for it, you complete waste of oxygen
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Surmbro, the textbook bandwagon supporter

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:50 pm

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 4 Giphy
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:02 am

Dumb shit senile coaches think-

1. Let's not use the guy that scored 4 tries last week
    2. Dont hook the guy that missed 7 tackles and conceded 3 penalties
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 am

Ice wrote:That's gotta be a hard one to take yeah? Not as bad as a spoon, obviously, so there is an upside.

Fucking hell, yeah, frustrating is all I can say.

I honestly don't know what happened. The Dragons were hot, they came to play, they were fired up. They had the desire and we did not. And once the Dragons had momentum, there was nothing we could do it seemed.

When you look back at our year, the end kind of fit the season. But to achieve a home final, it felt like we should have done better.

I don't really understanding some of the bagging of Milford I've seen. Sure, he didn't play well at all. But imo he didn't go missing. The forwards went missing. Tbh, the entire team went missing. It was just a collectively poor effort.

Biggest positive for the season is the emergence of a number of good young players who should continue to improve next year - Sua, Isaako, Pangai, Lodge, Fifita, Haas, Ofa, Staggs. These guys are all 22/23 ish or under, with their best days ahead of them.

Milford cops a fair bit, but I think he had a good season, and has added some tools to his game (kicking game obviously).

The biggest questions for the playing group for next year will be:
    - Halfback - do we continue with Niko?
    - Bird - does he stay or go? If he leaves, can we afford a halfback?
    - Questions that won't come up - Macca - his service is just not good. Do we just live with that for his entire career?

Other than that, the group doesn't really change.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:42 am

The only thing worse that that performance was Andrew Gee in the coaches box. Fucking disgraceful, and Bennett's post match presser when asked was unbelievable. Bennett needs to be fined, the Broncos need to be fined the slimy cunt is banned for life what makes them think they are above the league. What's next they going to sign Hoppa ?

Speaking of slimy cheating cunts has Bob Fulton been banned for life for the same ??
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 am

my tv broke wrote:

I honestly don't know what happened. The Dragons were hot, they came to play, they were fired up. They had the desire and we did not. And once the Dragons had momentum, there was nothing we could do it seemed.

When you look back at our year, the end kind of fit the season. But to achieve a home final, it felt like we should have done better.

I don't really understanding some of the bagging of Milford I've seen. Sure, he didn't play well at all. But imo he didn't go missing. The forwards went missing. Tbh, the entire team went missing. It was just a collectively poor effort.

Biggest positive for the season is the emergence of a number of good young players who should continue to improve next year - Sua, Isaako, Pangai, Lodge, Fifita, Haas, Ofa, Staggs. These guys are all 22/23 ish or under, with their best days ahead of them.

Milford cops a fair bit, but I think he had a good season, and has added some tools to his game (kicking game obviously).

- Questions that won't come up - Macca - his service is just not good. Do we just live with that for his entire career?

Agree on Macca. Maybe its best he goes back to sharing time with Niko and we get a new half.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:56 am

my tv broke wrote:

Agree with most of that mate.

Crushing defeat but at the end of the day, the Dragons actually wound back the clock to the start of the season and played really well.
    Full credit to them.

I said it earlier in the week but I really think we missed Alex Glenn.
    Also agree with your thoughts on Milf - he added a few strings to his bow this year and it will pay dividends over the next couple of years.

Going forward happy with how the team is shaping up by and large and hope we re-sign Bennett in some capacity to put an end to all the outside media speculation.

As you said the biggest question mark is around the halfback.

Looking at how Cook played this season, I can't help but think Niko is almost a carbon copy and would flourish if given a similar opportunity.
    Having said that, I'm reluctant to write off the FAC and blokes in general that are playing injured.

Hooker/halfback a tough call and our biggest conundrum going forward.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am