NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 6 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 am

also.. it was widely reported that he went there because of bennett. If bennett is getting the arse then it would make perfect sense for him to leave. Newcastle is a logical choice for him considering he is a Newcastle (TP)jr, and newcastle prob have the most potential out of any club going forward.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 6 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 am

Ice wrote:

You think Niko, if given the chance, could be the next/a deserved Aus hooker?

Settle down mate, I'm not McFlavour!

Nah I'm certainly not anointing him as the next FAC, just think he has a similar style game and the ability to be explosive over 5 metres or so.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am

Pieman wrote:

has the club done that or has some of their fans? The only reason it was ever brought up in the media this year was when bennett had a jab at Brown early on in the presser.

There is no disputing that bennett left the knights in a bad state - and it will be interesting to see what happens with the broncos. He might very well do the same to them if he gets a gig somewhere else. I still think that its all media bullshit, bennett / white gate etc was all just fabricated to draw attention away from the side's performance.

Bennett didn't have a jab at Brown, he made an accurate comment that Brown got overly sensitive about and then due to his inexperience resorted to personal slurs.

As for Bennett's experience at the Knights, I can never quite fathom the Newcastle fans ingratitude.
    Facts are, in his short time there, the bloke had them consistently on the cusp of finals (which in 2018 is apparently a good season) and even took them to within a game of the GF (losing to the eventual runaway premiers).

What happened following his departure (i.e. 3 spoons) is entirely consistent with the reason he gave for leaving....the place was simply a debacle off the field.

Why do Newie fans blame the bloke that somehow gave them some success despite this debacle and not their grossly incompetent management?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:01 am

Bennett took the glue that held Newcastle together. The chick on the front desk.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 am

code delta wrote:No page 51 party? Now your out, page 55 and still no party?
    2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 6 Giphy

Half of us will have a party here the other half will have a party in another thread. Some may even attend both
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am

No Worries wrote:Bennett took the glue that held Newcastle together. The chick on the front desk.
    Clap
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Lol, The knights or fans haven't treated Bennett Badly. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. For 4 seasons that's all they've done. Pretty much all of the fans are like Matthew Johns is about him. Which is wierd, because as he took them within 1 win of the grand final, then had an season ruined by the emotion of Alex McKinnon and the question marks over whether players, coaches and club staff would be paid or even have a job. Then he leaves them and after 4 games of 2015 they are undefeated and top of the table, yet somehow the decline after that is his fault. Just because the knights picked a replacement coach and had an administration who couldn't recruit players as well as Wayne Bennett did, that isn't on him. Somehow Bennett "left" the club with a terrible roster. The same Roster that got to top of the table a month in to the next season, but then went backwards the further from being coached by Bennett they got. Laughable.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Why do Bronco's fans get so defensive about Wayne?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I don't think it was all Bennett's fault however he attributed to the long term problems. He recruited players that had a year or two of quality football in them on large contracts that were back ended leaving us with aging injury prone players that were being paid shit loads of money. He tied up other guys on large contracts and then fucked off.

While technically true we were one game away from a GF we were never ever a chance. We made up the numbers and were cannon fodder. It's not all Bennett's fault, our front office was a mess and we saw what the by product of that was. There was a lot that went wrong but Bennett certainly attributed to that as well. At least when he did it to the Dragons he won them a premiership. Bennett is the best ever at managing a roster that's on the cusp of greatness, with everything at his disposal he's amazing. He won heaps of titles with the Broncos because of the endless rep players that fit under the cap. He inherited a St George side that were always going to be contenders and took them all the way but he's not great at building a side from scratch into genuine contenders. Just like the Knights and just like the Broncos this time around.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Krump wrote:Why do Bronco's fans get so defensive about Wayne?

They're all Darius Boyd.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:04 am

Honeysett wrote:I don't think it was all Bennett's fault however he attributed to the long term problems. He recruited players that had a year or two of quality football in them on large contracts that were back ended leaving us with aging injury prone players that were being paid shit loads of money. He tied up other guys on large contracts and then fucked off.

While technically true we were one game away from a GF we were never ever a chance. We made up the numbers and were cannon fodder. It's not all Bennett's fault, our front office was a mess and we saw what the by product of that was. There was a lot that went wrong but Bennett certainly attributed to that as well. At least when he did it to the Dragons he won them a premiership. Bennett is the best ever at managing a roster that's on the cusp of greatness, with everything at his disposal he's amazing. He won heaps of titles with the Broncos because of the endless rep players that fit under the cap. He inherited a St George side that were always going to be contenders and took them all the way but he's not great at building a side from scratch into genuine contenders. Just like the Knights and just like the Broncos this time around.

I'll move on from the Bennett defending for a moment because clearly the Newcastle fans are desperate for a scapegoat to attribute their triple spoons to....and Bennett must fit the mould.

Anyway, something else that always puzzles me is why coaches get the blame for the contracts that clubs sign players up to??

Now I'm not 100% sure how the inner sanctum of a football department works but I'm fairly confident in guessing it isn't the same as NRL Fantasy, where the coach makes the call as to what each player is paid.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'll move on from the Bennett defending for a moment because clearly the Newcastle fans are desperate for a scapegoat to attribute their triple spoons to....and Bennett must fit the mould.

Anyway, something else that always puzzles me is why coaches get the blame for the contracts that clubs sign players up to??

Now I'm not 100% sure how the inner sanctum of a football department works but I'm fairly confident in guessing it isn't the same as NRL Fantasy, where the coach makes the call as to what each player is paid.

Fuck I'm gonna feel dirty saying this.

100% agree

We had this conversation back in April

No Worries wrote:I don't think you can blame the coach for the cap. How many times have we heard a coach at a club over the cap or with shonky 3rd party deals and 2 contracts say "nothing to do with me". And as much as part of me wants to say "how could you not know". I do believe them. It's a business I don't hire a coach to manage my books. Sure he knows what market value is and he plays the part of gilding the lily when the player comes to check things out and needs a phone call to sway him. But he's not paid to balance the books.

Looking at it as a business:

My coach tells HR he wants Dip
    HR goes out to hire him.
    HR goes to GM and says we can but will have to cut someone on $X or backend $X into year 3.
    GM thinks backending will fuck us because we have X,Y,Z already backended & coach wants Pieman when he comes off contract next year so we can't afford to backend.
    GM says to coach you have to get rid of either player A,B or C if you want Dip.

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Your coach is fucked in the first place mate if he wants to skimp on Dip money to get Pieman....
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Settle down mate, I'm not McFlavour!

Nah I'm certainly not anointing him as the next FAC, just think he has a similar style game and the ability to be explosive over 5 metres or so.

I'm sweet as Bro, genuinely wondering, not every question to a Bronco supporter is someone having a crack so don't be so paranoid.

My personal view is Niko is best suited to a utility role. He isn't an NRL quality starter for mine, that is no knock on him, just what I think he is best suited to.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:01 am

Hang on, Hang on, are people suggesting a coach of Bennetts reputation Is forced to signed players he doesn't want, or players are signed to his side that he doesn't want? You're having a laugh if you think that.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm not defensive about Wayne at all, I want him gone as coach right now.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:49 am

Personally, I agree for the most part. A lot of coaches wouldnt give a fuck what a play is or isnt paid - as long as they get the team they want.
    I do think that an all over seeing, all controlling, experienced "supercoach" like Bennett absolutely dictates what players are paid in his team. Its common knowledge that he doesnt pay wingers and props all that much.

I think someone like him knows that the wrong player coming in on big money can really ruin the culture of a side and can rub players the wrong way etc.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I dont think any newcastle fan blames bennett 100% for what happened during his run there (2 missed finals and 1 gf qualifier). He clearly attributed to it though, to insinuate that he didnt play a part in the club's downfall is just being silly.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Any clue who runs the broncoshq twitter account? Who ever the fucker is is a salty prick. Gives lovely broncos fans such as myself a bad name!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Any clue who runs the broncoshq twitter account? Who ever the fucker is is a salty prick. Gives lovely broncos fans such as myself a bad name!

Just one of the main guys from the forum I think.

That forum makes me embarrassed to be a Broncos fan.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Just one of the main guys from the forum I think.

That forum makes me embarrassed to be a Broncos fan.

I haven’t ever been on it to be honest. Big Mitch is there isn’t he?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 am