NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Finals chat

    Share
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 5832
    Reputation : 871
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 26

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by Random on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm

    That Sports bet ad was solid.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5576
    Reputation : 1715
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 pm

    Enjoy it now while it lasts panfers you won’t get the help you obviously desperately needed today to get over next week
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5576
    Reputation : 1715
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 pm

    Just lucky the NRL hates the warriors
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:06 pm

    the road to the grand final has set itself up for the Broncos as long as the boys are willing to dig in and earn it, turn up ready to play finals football and get the job done tomorrow and there's a banged-up Souths outfit in front of us next week, with a potentially Mitchell-less Roosters waiting for the winner of that, plus the Storm's kryptonite are on their side of the draw.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by No Worries on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:27 am

    @surmo13 wrote:the road to the grand final has set itself up for the Broncos as long as the boys are willing to dig in and earn it, turn up ready to play finals football and get the job done tomorrow and there's a banged-up Souths outfit in front of us next week, with a potentially Mitchell-less Roosters waiting for the winner of that, plus the Storm's kryptonite are on their side of the draw.


    Thanks for the kind words, but the Tigers didn't make the 8

    Ice

    Posts : 1289
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by Ice on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:38 am

    Maloney just knows how to win. Those that tipped Warriors ignore history on both sides. I thought it might have been closer, but really, just too good.


    Nah wait......it was the refs.....
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5576
    Reputation : 1715
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:26 am

    @Ice wrote:Maloney just knows how to win. Those that tipped Warriors ignore history on both sides. I thought it might have been closer, but really, just too good.


    Nah wait......it was the refs.....


    Couldn’t agree with you more Ice, no question!
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5971
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by filthridden on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:20 pm

    I hope you've all been watching the NRLW.

    Broncos currently leading the Dragons.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by No Worries on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 pm

    Not sure of her name, but the Jillaroo commentating on the Sunday footy show. #Erin'sgone - thats what someone who is eliquent and knows the game sounds like.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:25 pm

    @filthridden wrote:I hope you've all been watching the NRLW.

    Broncos currently leading the Dragons.

    loving Chelsea Baker having a huge game, the list of good things to come from Gladstone is very, very short.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:54 pm

    hard to really compare the two games given the vastly different conditions, but the Broncos are probably the favourites for the women's comp going forward, skill-wise they look a class above, some scrappy discipline is the only reason the Dragons still have a sniff.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5971
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by filthridden on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:56 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:

    loving Chelsea Baker having a huge game, the list of good things to come from Gladstone is very, very short.

    The big names have been going well as expected.

    Holli Wheeler playing really well for the Dragons. Looks to have a really high work-rate.
    Arakua (?) off the bench for the broncos has been immense too.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5971
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by filthridden on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:00 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:hard to really compare the two games given the vastly different conditions, but the Broncos are probably the favourites for the women's comp going forward, skill-wise they look a class above, some scrappy discipline is the only reason the Dragons still have a sniff.  

    Can't argue with that.

    I Think Broncos v Warriors final and only because the Warriors team seems to have gelled a lot better than the others so far.
    Other teams seem to be relying on individual brilliance too much but its doing the job.

    Only week one though so things may change quickly.
    avatar
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10901
    Reputation : 1897
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by wolfking on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:07 pm

    Wade Graham ACL.  Ouch, not good for the Sharks.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:18 pm

    18,000 into the stadium for the women's match according to Paul White, really good turn-out.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 3484
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:20 pm

    How the fuck does JDB get to stay on after that hit but Ofa doesnt??
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 pm

    definitely isn't gonna be a walkover, the Dragons are up for this
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1880
    Reputation : 355
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:42 pm

    we're gunna be our own worst enemy here, looks like we're trying to force a try on every set
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 3484
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:44 pm

    Rubbish defence once again. The one thing that fucks us over is our defence.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5971
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: Finals chat

    Post by filthridden on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:47 pm

    Sims family best finals footy family.

    Broncos fans love them!

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 am