NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Finals chat

No Worries

Re: Finals chat

Post by No Worries on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:35 am

This ones for MF's sore head. I was hoping it was going to be SIesque melt down.

Milchy

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:24 am

No team has gone back to back in ages, but Cooper Cronk did it last night. Who was the last player to do that?

Ben Hampton had a good go, losing for Melbourne in 2016, then moving to Cowboys and losing against Melbourne in 2017
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am

The roosters also had the easiest draw out of any team this year (or close to it). I remember when the draw came out, calling that the roosters would win the comp.

It was a great effort from cronk, and the roosters just completely stifled the storm in every aspect of the game last night. That's not easy to do.

Munster the grub... how didn't he get sent? surely if you get binned twice, the second bin is a send off??

Will be interesting to see if Cronk and smith both retire now too. I mean, what else does cronk have left to prove. Same with smith.

It wasnt the best GF ive ever seen, but there were some amazing efforts and moments. Its great seeing chambers getting dominated by mitchell. He got him in SOO and he owned him again last night. Mitchell is clearly going to take chambers aus jersey this year too.

I fucking hate how late its starts
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am

also LOL MF...
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 am

@No Worries wrote:

No. That's exactly the point why Brooks was.

He was the Bradbury of half backs, only one to play the whole season so by default accumulated more points than anyone else to win the award.

Thats ignoring the fact that brooks was fucking great for at least the first half of the season too
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:48 am

@Milchy wrote:
    No team has gone back to back in ages, but Cooper Cronk did it last night. Who was the last player to do that?

Ben Hampton had a good go, losing for Melbourne in 2016, then moving to Cowboys and losing against Melbourne in 2017

They mentioned it during the broadcast. Last player to go back to back for 2 different clubs was ol mate down the road back in 1950 something
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:09 pm

For an hour before the game all I heard was Cronk was "medically cleared" to play or got "medical clearance".

Immediately after the game we hear that Coops played with a broken scapula.

What doctor says "One arms enough, off you go son!"

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION!
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Ferguson played 30 minutes with a broken leg.

Cronk played with a broken wing.

Still Storm only scored a try off an intercept. Proves how good the Roosters team are as a defensive unit.

I'm stoked the Roosters won, I loathe the Storm - Slater now gone and hopefully Smith (although he said last night if he gets a contract he'll play again and he's such a closet narcissist that he wants to be the only player to play 400 games)

Keary throwing the intercept I was hoping was enough to get Teddy the CC medal but can't fault the decision. I thought 2 try assists and 200 plus metres would have been enough but I reckon he needed a try.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:04 pm

How the fuck can you kick someone in the back of the head when they're on the ground and get just a fine? Yet we want to stamp out fighting in the game. I would have thought a kick to a player on the ground was far far worse than a punch to the face. What a joke.

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 pm

@Honeysett wrote:How the fuck can you kick someone in the back of the head when they're on the ground and get just a fine? Yet we want to stamp out fighting in the game. I would have thought a kick to a player on the ground was far far worse than a punch to the face. What a joke.

I'm comfortable with a fine for that love tap.

Honestly, the shame of that moment of frustration boiling over embarrassingly for all to see, would be punishment enough.

What is more astonishing and what you should be more livid about (particularly as a Newcastle supporter) is the fact Jake Friend's second spear tackle in a week appears to have gone unpunished.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:14 am

@Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'm comfortable with a fine for that love tap.

Honestly, the shame of that moment of frustration boiling over embarrassingly for all to see, would be punishment enough.

What is more astonishing and what you should be more livid about (particularly as a Newcastle supporter) is the fact Jake Friend's second spear tackle in a week appears to have gone unpunished.

Tackles can go bad, quickly. As we have seen. Jordan McLean nor Nathan Friend intentionally did something to hurt the other player - I feel for McLean still. Friends was worthy of a penalty as Vunivalu ended up landing on his chest/shoulder/arm first. It's not far from going really wrong though.

The act of kicking someone in the head should be stamped out - not rewarded with an Australian jersey. We're anti-violence but we allow that? Slater come within a whisker of missing a grand final for what was a tackle that went wrong, not a deliberate dog act, we're a long way from where we need to be there.
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 am

for sure. 2 dangerous tackles from him in 2 weeks should have him seeing a bit of time off, but it wont. At least tackles are part of the game.
    Kicking a player in the head when hes on the ground is not a footy play and is not part of the game, the bloke should be suspended for a couple of games. I mean fuck, if he got down and punched him its (apparently) and auto suspension but kicking someone... fine!

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am

the force probably means he shouldn't get to much but i do think it deserves some suspension just because its not an accident or somthing like that, its just simply somthing that doesn't need to be in the game and there is no defense for it.

i was surprised jake friend escaped a charge, he was lucky to play the GF and did another tackle just like it during.

my delayed thoughts on the game is that the roosters played their best 40 minutes of the season at the best time, that was unbelievable and it rattled the storm big time. munster kicking people, slater being a cock head to the ref, smith going missing, they just got rolled big time and had no answer.

roosters pack was unreal, jake friend played the best he has in ages, keary was awesome, the tactics re cronk were spot on, the way maubs protected him the few times they went that way was bang on. just a brilliant performance from worthy premiers.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am

@filthridden wrote:For an hour before the game all I heard was Cronk was "medically cleared" to play or got "medical clearance".

Immediately after the game we hear that Coops played with a broken scapula.

What doctor says "One arms enough, off you go son!"

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION!

he passed the HIA, thats good enough mate

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 am

the post game analysis with robbo was awesome

gotta admit, while watching it all i could think to myself was as much as i don't mind dean pay, i just know he doesn't have a footy brain like the guy who just won a premiership.

alot of coaches can get up the top for short periods, its guys like robbo, Bellamy, Bennett etc that can do it consistently for long periods that are just amazing at what they do

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am

also, re the booing

during the game is all ok obviously

but booing post game is a rugby league tradition i could do without, every origin or grand finals seems to end with it and i personally can't stand it

don't really like billy or cam, gererd sutton is probably my least liked ref by a long way but all 3 deserve respect after the game. childish.
    Milchy

Post by Milchy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:26 am

@leaguegod wrote:also, re the booing

but booing post game is a rugby league tradition i could do without, every origin or grand finals seems to end with it and i personally can't stand it

don't really like billy or cam, gererd sutton is probably my least liked ref by a long way but all 3 deserve respect after the game. childish.

Totally agree.

Australian crowds love a good boo though, and the easiest way to get them to continue, is to tell them they should stop.
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 am

@leaguegod wrote:also, re the booing

yeah totally agree but that is roosters fans for you

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:56 am

i don't think its a rooster fan thing pieman, i think its a rugby league thing and possibly as milchy stated, an australian sporting culture thing

Milchy

Post by Milchy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:34 pm

@leaguegod wrote:i don't think its a rooster fan thing pieman, i think its a rugby league thing and possibly as milchy stated, an australian sporting culture thing

Well, unless its Roosters fans that are selling out Suncorp every year in order to boo Paul Gallen.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:05 pm