NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Share
    avatar
    zorasdomain

    Posts : 1820
    Reputation : 611
    Join date : 2016-04-16

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by zorasdomain on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I was just about to say this, last I looked you were about 130 odd ahead of 2nd.

    There is a big gap in points among the top 5. As Krump said, its probably between you and four other people as to who takes home the 20 grand. I'd be making time!

    Remember though - the pressure is on the guys behind you to make bold choices to actually catch you. Maybe I'm off the mark completely, but I'd probably play it a little safe in your position, for the moment.
    This is my problem. I don't want to pay it too safe and have to pay catch up, but I don't really want to go too crazy if I don't need to. Wish I knew what everyone was doing.
    avatar
    zorasdomain

    Posts : 1820
    Reputation : 611
    Join date : 2016-04-16

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by zorasdomain on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Even if he's not you're still going to have a better team than him after this week.
    Or that is just as good Very Happy
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5970
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by filthridden on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:35 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    The only one setup a fair bit better than you this week is fifth. I'd be willing to bet he'll be trading in 4 rd17 players this week to try and catch you. Stay in front of him and you're set

    dude, I keep telling you my name is filth not fifth!
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 6271
    Reputation : 1394
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by my tv broke on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

    @zorasdomain wrote:
    This is my problem. I don't want to pay it too safe and have to pay catch up, but I don't really want to go too crazy if I don't need to. Wish I knew what everyone was doing.

    what i mean by play it safe, is just get the highest averaging players with lowest risk.

    the guys behind you will have to take punts on POD's that could come off or could fail miserably.

    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3604
    Reputation : 1021
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by Krump on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    dude, I keep telling you my name is filth not fifth!
    I've seen your rabble Rolling Laugh
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7391
    Reputation : 1335
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:42 pm

    @ nrl physio - Gillett has torn his calf so he's out another 6 weeks......so Su'a should be a fixture starting in the 2fr basically all season.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5970
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by filthridden on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:51 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    I've seen your rabble Rolling Laugh

    1,834th and not to be taken lightly! Laughing

    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1772
    Reputation : 604
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by Fortitude on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm

    Anyone done the math on potential downfalls?

    Those leaving themselves with 2 trades post rd 18, how that is likely to affect scores etc?

    My end goal is to finish in top 100. Have 4 trades left 100k in bank and am currently in 76st. meaning im only 30(ish)pts Inside the top 100.

    With 11 decent players and 1 dodgy one this round, pending a disaster, I think im in a decent spot. Just trying to work out approach to go forward. Logic would say play it safe, bank trades at least have 2 left going into rd 21.

    Anyone able to share experiences? this is my first year playing overall, and have been a notorious trade whore in the past.

    avatar
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10889
    Reputation : 1893
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by wolfking on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:17 pm

    I think I'm going balls out and taking a punt on James.  Trades would be;

    Olive - Holland
    Coggar - Lewis
    Harris - SJ
    Griffin - James

    Would give me 8 this week (Smith, James, JFH, Martin, Lewis, SJ, Holland, Mann) and this team going forward with 8 trades and 123K in the bank;

    Smith
    Fifita Taupau
    James Tolo Crichton
    SJ ARey
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy MBye Mitchell

    Cook Arrow Martin JFH

    Ponga Lewis Doueihi Mann

    But next week will turn JFH into Farah perhaps.  Funds will be tight and my EMG's will be lacking that's why spending so much on James is a risk and not sure if it's worth it, but can always trade James to Surgess or Gallen then upgrade Mann to Farah and keep JFH as an 18th man.  If Mitchell gets rested though I'm screwed next week, will have to play Mann too.  That's why I'm thinking an Aitken or Cotric over James, but don't want to worry about something that might not happen.

    Someone like a Niukore or the Manly kid could be a decent 18th punt also that I might look at.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5970
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by filthridden on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:Anyone done the math on potential downfalls?

    Those leaving themselves with 2 trades post rd 18, how that is likely to affect scores etc?

    My end goal is to finish in top 100. Have 4 trades left 100k in bank and am currently in 76st. meaning im only 30(ish)pts Inside the top 100.

    With 11 decent players and 1 dodgy one this round, pending a disaster, I think im in a decent spot. Just trying to work out approach to go forward. Logic would say play it safe, bank trades at least have 2 left going into rd 21.

    Anyone able to share experiences? this is my first year playing overall, and have been a notorious trade whore in the past.


    Personally I think 2 trades is too few for the last 7 rounds unless you have a solid 18th AND 19th player... and you need to have DPP cover for all positions.
    Having three or four hookers isn't going to help you when you lose Euan Aitken for the rest of the year. You'll need to trade unless you want to play someone who's scoring 20s instead of 40s.

    Same with halves, not too many people seem to have cover in their halves that I've seen aside from having a Brimson or a Cogger still hanging around.
    You lose Johnson for the year are you going to be happy playing one of them? Doubt it.

    EDIT: Forgot Lewis. Has the potential to be a good back-up half and a lot of teams will have him now.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7391
    Reputation : 1335
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    Personally I think 2 trades is too few for the last 7 rounds unless you have a solid 18th AND 19th player... and you need to have DPP cover for all positions.
    Having three or four hookers isn't going to help you when you lose Euan Aitken for the rest of the year. You'll need to trade unless you want to play someone who's scoring 20s instead of 40s.

    Same with halves, not too many people seem to have cover in their halves that I've seen aside from having a Brimson or a Cogger still hanging around.
    You lose Johnson for the year are you going to be happy playing one of them? Doubt it.

    EDIT: Forgot Lewis. Has the potential to be a good back-up half and a lot of teams will have him now.

    I agree & it's around this time of the year SJ gets his season ending injury.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7391
    Reputation : 1335
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

    @ wolfking - I like those trades mate.
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1772
    Reputation : 604
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by Fortitude on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:27 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    Personally I think 2 trades is too few for the last 7 rounds unless you have a solid 18th AND 19th player... and you need to have DPP cover for all positions.
    Having three or four hookers isn't going to help you when you lose Euan Aitken for the rest of the year. You'll need to trade unless you want to play someone who's scoring 20s instead of 40s.

    Same with halves, not too many people seem to have cover in their halves that I've seen aside from having a Brimson or a Cogger still hanging around.
    You lose Johnson for the year are you going to be happy playing one of them? Doubt it.

    EDIT: Forgot Lewis. Has the potential to be a good back-up half and a lot of teams will have him now.

    Yeah that's my thought ATM.

    Ill have 4 trades from rd 18. Happy with my team to be my final 17, but will revaluate as the rds go by. If I get to 5rds to go with a few trades up my sleeve, I might look to upgrade.

    Id sooner have a slightly weaker 17 with a few trades up my sleeve than take the risks.
    avatar
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 8337
    Reputation : 2988
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by Milchy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:

    I agree & it's around this time of the year SJ gets his season ending injury.

    And SJ is a very popular trade in this week - so get ready for him to be broken.
    avatar
    WT2K

    Posts : 1457
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by WT2K on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

    Trade thoughts part 500

    Harris > SJ/milf
    Tuala > Holland
    Cleary > Aitken
    Keeping Ponga. Halves will be sj/milf, dce & Lewis
    Tempted to dump soro for a nuff as well


    Last edited by WT2K on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1688
    Reputation : 278
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : Location Location

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:@ nrl physio - Gillett has torn his calf so he's out another 6 weeks......so Su'a should be a fixture starting in the 2fr basically all season.

    Could be a good 18th/19th man if he can avg 45 a game
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5970
    Reputation : 1793
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by filthridden on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:33 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Yeah that's my thought ATM.

    Ill have 4 trades from rd 18. Happy with my team to be my final 17, but will revaluate as the rds go by. If I get to 5rds to go with a few trades up my sleeve, I might look to upgrade.

    Id sooner have a slightly weaker 17 with a few trades up my sleeve than take the risks.

    That's how I play it too. If nothing else, it's nice to see a rise in the rankings to end the season rather than dropping away! Embarassed

    I am also hoping for four trades to tide me through the season. We will see.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7391
    Reputation : 1335
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

    Milchcow wrote:

    And SJ is a very popular trade in this week - so get ready for him to be broken.

    I must be the only one not getting him. SJ hasn't really impressed me yet. He seems to be running a lot across the field avoiding contact but doesn't seem confident to straighten up & run to the line. That game last week against the Sharks apart from the first 10 minutes he did sfa for the rest of the game.
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 1180
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by danseels1985 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

    Ponga to SJ
    Harris to James
    Sua to Aitken
    Brimson to Lewis

    3 trades 168k bank

    Cook
    Fifita James
    Taumalolo Jurbo Brown
    SJ DCE
    Aitken Mitchell
    Tedesco Mbye Isaako

    Smith
    McInnes
    Arrow
    ARey

    Martin
    Hetherington
    Lewis
    Fainu

    Next week I could turn Martin into Niukore leaving me enough cash to bring back in Ponga for Isaako. Then my team is all done,eyes closed and hope for the best
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1688
    Reputation : 278
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : Location Location

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm

    @danseels1985 wrote:Ponga to SJ
    Harris to James
    Sua to Aitken
    Brimson to Lewis

    3 trades 168k bank

    Cook
    Fifita James
    Taumalolo Jurbo Brown
    SJ DCE
    Aitken Mitchell
    Tedesco Mbye Isaako

    Smith
    McInnes
    Arrow
    ARey

    Martin
    Hetherington
    Lewis
    Fainu

    Next week I could turn Martin into Niukore leaving me enough cash to bring back in Ponga for Isaako. Then my team is all done,eyes closed and hope for the best

    Wouldnt you rather turn Arey into Niukore as you have DCE SJ Lewis and then turn Isaako into Ponga with that money? Martin looks set to Avg 50-55 for the year with kicking.

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 am