NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Krump wrote:
    That's bloody generous of him if true. No way in hell I'd be taking a pay cut for a club I owe nothing.

he not taking a paycut, the sharks are paying him less, but the bulldogs are still on the hook for the difference between that and what he was on at the Bulldogs

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Looking back, I've made so many bad decisions this season. Its going to hurt in r17 and the run home. Posting when drunk is up there too haha

Anyway, on the positive side, I've learned some lessons and have had good crack near the top. Thanks everyone for the insights and calling out my 'spud' picks.

This week, captain Cam is locked in. A safe play I think.

Trades (un)wise, I REALLY want to bring in Isaac Luke. I'm a sucker for scooters - this is well documented. He'll run for 100m, make 30-40 tackles, he plays 17, is cheap and a POD... Is he a spud pick? Dunno and perhaps don't care.

Farah is my other option this week (on the radar for most). He surely comes in as a 80 min hooker for the Tigers and will make 50 tackles. Fairy tale stories also float my boat. I snooped a few Tigers forums over the last couple of days to see what the discussions have been - this hasn't put me off although we have some obvious uncertainty how things will play out with Reynolds, Benji & Brooks. I cant have both Luke and Farah as I already have Smith, Cook and McInnes. BOO!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Has anyone bothered to look what the top 20 odd teams look like? are they likely to be massive changes up the top over the next two rounds?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Really not sure what to do with trades. Have a few issues with my team but can't really plan anything until team lists are out. Fonua the obvious one to go, Martin and Soro the main ones I'll be watching for. Only 30k itb so not much wiggle room.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:41 pm

@Verbal, your doing great at the moment don't throw it away on dud decisions like Luke and Farah, Luke is priced as he is for a reason and is not keeper status and Farah won't play 80 min every week. He might for the first couple of weeks but when Benji comes back he will likely share Hooking duties with someone. And then there is Liddle too. Farah wasn't brought back to the Tigers to Tutor Liddle in Reserve grade so I expect him to be hanging around the top grade towards the back end of the year. So don't trade willy-nilly, find a better option, its not like you need another Hooker.

Oh, and another thing, can you post your original team so everyone can see the selection that got you to the top
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm

White Lightning wrote:lol the Bulldogs. They get rid of players to fit Foran & Woods in & now they are both gone for the rest of the season. I never understood the Foran buy because he is past his best. Didn't the Bulldogs do due diligence on him or even watch how he played for the Warriors & realise he is not only a poor player who was past his prime but an extremely injury prone player. As for Woods who goes to a club for the half season then piss off the first chance you get. This really says a lot about the moral fabric of his soul so I'm glad his career is in free fall.
    Leaving a club to help their cap situation and reportedly taking a pay cut he didn't have to says a lot about his moral fabric? Between him and the bloke enjoying watching someone who seems like a genuine bloke have career troubles I know who's got the dud moral compass.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 pm

surmo13 wrote:

he not taking a paycut, the sharks are paying him less, but the bulldogs are still on the hook for the difference between that and what he was on at the Bulldogs
    Thats always been my understanding as well
    Blain
    Blain

Post by Blain Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Looking back, I've made so many bad decisions this season. Its going to hurt in r17 and the run home. Posting when drunk is up there too haha

Anyway, on the positive side, I've learned some lessons and have had good crack near the top. Thanks everyone for the insights and calling out my 'spud' picks.

This week, captain Cam is locked in. A safe play I think.

Trades (un)wise, I REALLY want to bring in Isaac Luke. I'm a sucker for scooters - this is well documented. He'll run for 100m, make 30-40 tackles, he plays 17, is cheap and a POD... Is he a spud pick? Dunno and perhaps don't care.

Farah is my other option this week (on the radar for most). He surely comes in as a 80 min hooker for the Tigers and will make 50 tackles. Fairy tale stories also float my boat. I snooped a few Tigers forums over the last couple of days to see what the discussions have been - this hasn't put me off although we have some obvious uncertainty how things will play out with Reynolds, Benji & Brooks. I cant have both Luke and Farah as I already have Smith, Cook and McInnes. BOO!

Farah a no brainer mate - Luke probably won't play this week, still on the plane until tomorrow and has his dodgey shoulder which needs surgery at the end of the year.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Taupau is still stuck in America... well he's not playing this week Mad
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:03 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Taupau is still stuck in America... well he's not playing this week Mad

Still? has there been another delay?

Regardless he only has 2 flights to get home and they don't play till Saturday. I would have thought he plays. Or has there been something stated aabout this already?

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:04 pm

bluetige wrote:@Verbal, your doing great at the moment don't throw it away on dud decisions like Luke and Farah, Luke is priced as he is for a reason and is not keeper status and Farah won't play 80 min every week. He might for the first couple of weeks but when Benji comes back he will likely share Hooking duties with someone. And then there is Liddle too. Farah wasn't brought back to the Tigers to Tutor Liddle in Reserve grade so I expect him to be hanging around the top grade towards the back end of the year. So don't trade willy-nilly, find a better option, its not like you need another Hooker.

Oh, and another thing, can you post your original team so everyone can see the selection that got you to the top

Thanks, I'll have more of a think.....

FYI - this was my team for round 1

Smith
    TKO Lodge
    Jurbo Brown RFM
    DCE Carty
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Katoa

Cook Kikau Nicholls Griffin
    Kennar Havili Godinet Croker

Some shockers...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:04 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Taupau is still stuck in America... well he's not playing this week Mad

How and why ?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Martin Taupau

Verified account

@MartyKapow
    Follow Follow @MartyKapow
    More
    Another F***ING delayed flight which is highly likely to be cancelled due to mechanical issues. Now the last player stuck at @DENAirport with staff that has been patiently waiting for over 8hrs on the back of a cancelled flight yesterday! @UNITED is by far the worst airline ever!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

That tweet was only half an hour ago...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Martin Taupau

Verified account

@MartyKapow
    Follow Follow @MartyKapow
    More
    Another F***ING delayed flight which is highly likely to be cancelled due to mechanical issues. Now the last player stuck at @DENAirport with staff that has been patiently waiting for over 8hrs on the back of a cancelled flight yesterday! @UNITED is by far the worst airline ever!

Bit strange isn't it! Thanks for posting.

How come he's the only dude still there? What happened to the English and the rest of the Kiwi team?

He can still catch a plane tomorrow and be home a couple days before his match.

I hate flying domestic in the US. Flights always get delayed.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Bit strange isn't it! Thanks for posting.

How come he's the only dude still there? What happened to the English and the rest of the Kiwi team?

He can still catch a plane tomorrow and be home a couple days before his match.

I hate flying domestic in the US. Flights always get delayed.

Not sure why he's still there but the rest of the team flew back to Aus/NZ this morning apparently.

IIRC Taupau said before the test he was determined to play for the Sea Eagles after the test match so hopefully he can get his body right for Saturday's game.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Krump wrote:
    Thats always been my understanding as well

there is a few reports in the media thats woods has also taken a pay cut

basically sound slike sharks and dogs stalled on how much dogs would still pay but woods taking a pay cut has seemingly closed the gap enough
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:15 pm

SI wrote:
    So did you hear if it was to do with the Top 30 players for Martin not playing, or did Pay indeed drop him?

he was dropping for missing/being late for training

footy players are dumb, works hard for 18 months to finally get a crack, gets a chance, locks down a FG spot. then misses training scratch
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm

With Manly's position on the table I'd say Taupau will play because they need a win.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:24 pm

It's weeks like this that really test your emg's because no doubt they'll be called upon to play. Fantasy coaches that have a couple of players injured or just not playing may not be able to get a full 17 this week unless they use some trades.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 pm