NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Share
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 1971
    Reputation : 912
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Pookus McFly on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:47 am

    Wait, what's wrong with watching NRL 360? I rarely miss an episode, by far the best show for info for anyone who can go an hour without needing to hear Fletch make another Thai hooker joke.
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2718
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:30 am

    @B/L wrote:I didn't watch it tonight but I thought I over heard buzz say the kiwis plane got delayed and still hasn't left the US.

    Yup, I posted the article yesterday. Flight to SF delayed cause of an electrical storm which knocked out a control tower.

    They aren't gonna be back in NZ until Wednesday now.

    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2718
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:46 am

    By the way, for numbers based people I was surprised we all let Rabbit get away with his fake news rant.

    For the record, estimates suggest the LBGT community account for over 3% in most countries around the world (4.1% in the USA for example) where accurate estimates are available and as high as 10% in some places. (not 1% bro).

    On a forum who prides itself on analytical accuracy, we should at least get the numbers right huh! regardless of how archaic your opinions are Wink
    avatar
    Blain

    Posts : 281
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Blain on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:11 am

    Gallen is becoming more appealing to me with the Shark's injuries, and I agree Fifi looked rooted on the weekend..

    Looking forward to the teams, I have TPJ, Dugan and Martin, interested to see what happens with those 2. Also my Fonua cash out, I'm liking Holland ATM, but sounds like there could potentially be some good options.

    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4493
    Reputation : 917
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 am

    How is it that people on trains with backpacks on automatically forget about said backpack?? Fuckers. It becomes an ignorance is bliss battering ram.
    I think trains are the real life 'Westworld', where you can see all forms of cuntism and debauchery in one carriage.



    Coffee
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4493
    Reputation : 917
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:24 am

    TPJ to Gallen for me this week. Opportunity knocks for the ole codger.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13103
    Reputation : 2769
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Welshy on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 am

    @Revraiser wrote:TPJ to Gallen for me this week. Opportunity knocks for the ole codger.
    Is TPJ injured mate? Worth holding that trade until R18?
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2786
    Reputation : 625
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by rhinoceroo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:By the way, for numbers based people I was surprised we all let Rabbit get away with his fake news rant.

    For the record, estimates suggest the LBGT community account for over 3% in most countries around the world (4.1% in the USA for example) where accurate estimates are available and as high as 10% in some places. (not 1% bro).

    On a forum who prides itself on analytical accuracy, we should at least get the numbers right huh! regardless of how archaic your opinions are Wink

    I thought people were just ignoring him. At least 99% of people were.
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1650
    Reputation : 338
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    I thought people were just ignoring him. At least 99% of people were.

    Yeah, honestly don’t even bother down-voting some brexit and trump voting bigot’s comment on anything in the real world... as that would give him the credit that you’ve read the post to its end.

    Should stick to fishing trips and fantasy footy where tolerable, bordering entertaining, and safe from harm and contributing in anyway (anymore) to the already fkd up world our next generation will have to get through

    Fishing
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2718
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    I thought people were just ignoring him. At least 99% of people were.

    No doubt people were and I think that approach is fine.

    However, I have a number of friends and family from minority groups, whether that be sexual orientation, ethnicity, or otherwise who have had to put up with discrimination, prejudice and ignorance for far too long. Every now and then I think its important to call out this sort of behaviour for what it is, regardless of the forum.

    Looking forward to TLT Smile

    avatar
    Blain

    Posts : 281
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Blain on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    Is TPJ injured mate? Worth holding that trade until R18?

    I'm considering the exact trade, so I'll add my 2 cents.. TPJ has a rib problem, picked it up early in his last game, only played 10-20 minutes due to this. Ribs are tricky to predict time, but it is an injury.

    The time related question, Gall is on the mega rise with a small BE, TPJ is due to lose a decent wack if he plays, due to his last injury effected score. So, if you aren't worried about a 50k-100k swing in price, Round 18 is the way to go ideally. I'd have to change my plans personally if I wait until round 18, just need to work out if a 30-50 points bonus is worth it.

    I sort of hope TPJ is out so he's an easy trade out..
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9821
    Reputation : 1678
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 am

    @WT Winfield wrote:

    I have a hard enough time dealing with 1, so I got rid of hers Laughing


    Too dark? Evil or Very Mad

    Haha. Not at all!
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9821
    Reputation : 1678
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Wait, what's wrong with watching NRL 360? I rarely miss an episode, by far the best show for info for anyone who can go an hour without needing  to hear Fletch make another Thai hooker joke.

    Nah nothing mate. I was just being a wanker. I watch it most nights too.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5442
    Reputation : 1599
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by filthridden on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:24 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:

    No doubt people were and I think that approach is fine.

    However, I have a number of friends and family from minority groups, whether that be sexual orientation, ethnicity, or otherwise who have had to put up with discrimination, prejudice and ignorance for far too long. Every now and then I think its important to call out this sort of behaviour for what it is, regardless of the forum.

    Looking forward to TLT Smile


    Good on you, mate.
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1915
    Reputation : 620
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by bluetige on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 am

    @rhinoceroo. you have a PM mate, been there for a week
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6963
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:38 am

    I hate having to waste a trade on a ctr as I need Fonua replacement. I just know whoever I decide to go with will bomb & the guys I ignore will score big haha.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6963
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 am

    A quote from Cooper Cronk as he faces his old Storm team mates this week - "they're going to smash me"
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4849
    Reputation : 558
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 am

    @White Lightning wrote:I hate having to waste a trade on a ctr as I need Fonua replacement. I just know whoever I decide to go with will bomb & the guys I ignore will score big haha.

    Haha that's why I'm set on Curtis Scott. Yeah he has shit scores but at that price will still score in the range of guys 150k more expensive.

    Plus he has the potential for sure to go big.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6963
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 am

    Well it's been a long week without fantasy but tlt is upon us. We've all gone a bit stir crazy which is understandable. I expect a lot of rest & rotation of players so I'm expecting tlt to really disappoint me.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 5442
    Reputation : 1599
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by filthridden on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 am

    Kearney was talking about being forced into playing Maumalo and Hiku because Kata and Fusitua are still out injured.

    Doesn't have much interest in Gelling and Ayshford as cover by the sounds of it.

    Will Lawton start over Luke? Still want to see Sammy Cook get a run.

      Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm