NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 55

Blain
    Blain

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 55 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 55

Post by Blain Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:57 am

.. That's an interesting call there, sounds like he did OK aside from a few penalties, but WTF? They talk about easing guys into origin, but play a fullback at lock, that is taking the piss.

I think these origin coaches over think their benches a bit too much, what's wrong with 2 props, 1 second row/lock and hooker/utility? QLD basically had 3 second rowers and a fullback on the bench.
    Blain
    Blain

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 55 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 55

Post by Blain Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Kearney is saying to media Luke is likely to play on Friday BTW - They land in NZ Tuesday night. If that is the case, look for Hiku/Maumalo to be named in the 21. Probably not that fantasy relevant, but there you go.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm

No match review charges from last night.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Jack Williams from the sharks out for the season with a pec rupture.
    Kikau progressing well and looking good for this weekend
    via nrl physio
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Seems a bit wasteful but here is my current thought for next two rounds.

Fifita > James
    Fonua > Martin (if he gets named to start)

Over next two weeks, if Fifita and James score at their average:

Fifita:
    Total points: 57
    $$ ~ - 60k in value.

James:
    Total points: 107
    $$ ~+60k

Assuming I go James back to Fifita in rd 18. Im 50pts ahead and 120k better off.

Will leave me with 10 quality players for rd 17. and one or two fringes
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:11 pm

WT2K wrote:Jack Williams from the sharks out for the season with a pec rupture.
    Kikau progressing well and looking good for this weekend
    via nrl physio

Kikau could be a nice sideways round 17 trade in if you can spare a trade.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Fortitude wrote:Seems a bit wasteful but here is my current thought for next two rounds.

Fifita > James

Fifita:
    $$ ~ - 60k in value.

James:
    $$ ~+60k

Assuming I go James back to Fifita in rd 18. Im 50pts ahead and 120k better off.

See this sort of crap pisses me off, I mean really how many trades do you have? You're literally using half the amount of trades I have left to pull this shit for two weeks.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Random wrote:

See this sort of crap pisses me off, I mean really how many trades do you have? You're literally using half the amount of trades I have left to pull this shit for two weeks.

Sounds like a you problem.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Random wrote:

Are you having a bad day mate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Random wrote:

That sort of crap pisses me off too.

Asking for trade advice in the fantasy thread? We haven't done that sort of stuff around here for at least a week.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 pm

In all seriousness, not meaning to try be smug or anything. Just thought some people might be in a same boat and I hadn't seen anyone post a similar idea.

I think for some, valuing your trades slightly less over the next few weeks will be of great longer term benefit.

My suggested trades above will allow me to run a stronger 18th man for run home, and score more points in rd 17 to make up ground that I will struggle by holding trades later.

If I go ahead with this strategy, ill have a solid 18. with 4 trades for run home. Sitting in the 60s.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Fortitude wrote:Seems a bit wasteful but here is my current thought for next two rounds.

Fifita > James

Fifita:
    $$ ~ - 60k in value.

James:
    $$ ~+60k

Ignoring Fonua - Martin as obviously FOnua has to go, and you want the best you can afford in as a replacement.

2 trades on James in and out again, is a bit risky.
    What will you do if Fifita bangs out a 90 and James scores 37? Points and cash propositions look pretty doubtful.

A more likely scenario, what if 2 players get injured in R17/origin. Then you either have to forego Fifita for a week or carry one of your othe rinjured players.
    This sort of possibility is why I don't like trading out final 17 players at this point of the year

If you have the trades, bringing in a r17 scorer will likely be beneficial, but there is potential to backfire, especially if it involves trading a keeper out and in again

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Blain wrote:Kearney is saying to media Luke is likely to play on Friday BTW - They land in NZ Tuesday night. If that is the case, look for Hiku/Maumalo to be named in the 21. Probably not that fantasy relevant, but there you go.

Not surprised at all. I've been calling BS on the Warriors rhetoric on this for weeks. They will all play IMO.

I get up and go to work the day after I get back from the US and Im an overweight lazy shit, travelling economy, with 2 kids who at best sleep 30% of the flight.

All that shite from the Warriors was a terrible attempt at manipulating things which ended up making them look like numpties!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:31 pm

FYI @Fortitude , in case it wasn't clear, my first post was entirely taking the piss about this forum being a ghost town for the past week, and nothing at all against your question.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Fifita > James

Fifita:
    $$ ~ - 60k in value.

James:
    $$ ~+60k

I'll answer your question mate. I've tried this sort of thing myself in the past & it never pans out the way you think it will. However when I've tried it I've never had many trades left. If you're flush with trades I'd give it a go. But what if your team suddenly gets a few injuries then you probably won't be able to get Fifita back. What if James gets moved back to the edge where his scoring drops while Fifita scores big.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:42 pm

I know NSW won't drop anyone for game 3 but I wasn't that impressed with Crichton's impact when he came off the bench last night. To me he looked a bit overawed & a bit hesitant. Even when they were satnding for the national anthem he looked like he was shitting himself. I'm probably reading too much into it though.

Last edited by White Lightning on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Ignoring Fonua - Martin as obviously FOnua has to go, and you want the best you can afford in as a replacement.

2 trades on James in and out again, is a bit risky.
    What will you do if Fifita bangs out a 90 and James scores 37? Points and cash propositions look pretty doubtful.

A more likely scenario, what if 2 players get injured in R17/origin. Then you either have to forego Fifita for a week or carry one of your othe rinjured players.
    This sort of possibility is why I don't like trading out final 17 players at this point of the year

If you have the trades, bringing in a r17 scorer will likely be beneficial, but there is potential to backfire, especially if it involves trading a keeper out and in again

Yeah I agree, its def not a sure-thing idea.

Although for the sake of debate. Ill propose counter points.

My assumptions are made on averages. I get that Fifita is probably more likely to have a 90 in him, but the same argument could be used in reverse. What if James Bangs out 105 and Fifita knocks out a 32. Id be laughing.

In saying this, I did consider your point and checked the oppositions. Normally I try not to buy into this sort of argument/take it with a grain of salt. But Sharks playing Warriors in Auckland. Titans Playing Tigers in Liechardt. I wouldn't say that either fixtures suggests one player will struggle to score or do exceedingly well. So averages is the only true indicator I have to go off.

Injuries are going to happen. And baring Arey and Dugan, cant be predicted. I'm a gambling man, ill take my chances and hope injuries don't happen to players important to me (or in general).

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Fifita > James

Fifita:
    $$ ~ - 60k in value.

James:
    $$ ~+60k

Im looking at something similar but don't see James keeping up his average. What is it 3 tries in 2 games?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:49 pm

wolfking wrote:

Im looking at something similar but don't see James keeping up his average. What is it 3 tries in 2 games?

Who are other options??

Id consider SJ, Harris, McInnes, James, Aitken, Tapine, Smith as players worth taking a punt on. But I already have them all, minus James.

I don't really see many other players worth taking the risk on.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Who are other options??

Id consider SJ, Harris, McInnes, James, Aitken, Tapine, Smith as players worth taking a punt on. But I already have them all, minus James.

I don't really see many other players worth taking the risk on.

Yeah you are probably right. I havent really looked yet. I will though probably do a straight swap just for next week. I don't think I could trade out someone like a Fifita this week, in case he goes massive. I would be punching myself in the face.

EDIT: you already have them all with dome trades spare. Should be a nice shoot up the rankings for you mate. I only have Smith haha.

Last edited by wolfking on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am