NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Well done NSW, Cook and Teddy won that for you, don't get ahead of yourselves though. Beer

Although, QLD's missing experience showed big time. Hunt was poor besides the try he put on Gagai, I just don't think he has the confidence in these big games, his 5th tackle options offered nothing, and there was no kick pressure at all especailly in the second half. QLD's defence IMO was poor too, lazy at times and half hearted. I think if we focused on our defence, we could have won. Do they not realise who the fuck Tedesco is.
    leaguegod

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 pm

I know they won’t pick but I honestly think DCE/Munster would be a great combination
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 pm

leaguegod wrote:I know they won’t pick but I honestly think DCE/Munster would be a great combination

There is no way I can see Hunt leading us to 2 victories to get a series win.    He's no Cleary or Maloney.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 pm

leaguegod wrote:I know they won’t pick but I honestly think DCE/Munster would be a great combination
    Kick game not good enough between those 2 I don't think mate
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Does State of Origin count as a banner change ?
    VSDT 100's don't and Origin isn't counted .... so ???
    I'm sick of Kapow and would be happy to swap 1 ex Tiger for another
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:50 pm

No Worries wrote:Does State of Origin count as a banner change ?
    Tough to hit the tonne, well deserved in the toughest arena in sports I say yes!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I'd want those points added to my fantasy score to see the banner honestly.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

FTFYM
    Laugh 3

now shut up and change @Mulvy name for me please.

TysonFrizellsBottomBitchesBitch'

Doneski's mate Very Happy Although it was 1 character too long for the forum so had to go all west side and shorten the last bit to Biatch
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Another vote for banner change. @Liverpool_Bulldog
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 pm

SI wrote:Another vote for banner change.  @Liverpool_Bulldog
    in his origin colours as well!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Welshy wrote:

Let's not get crazy here.
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Sure .... as long as it's only on this thread
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Welshy wrote:

Vomit

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Seeing as everyone else is playing nice I guess I’ll be that guy - I don’t know what more Chrichton could’ve done to indicate that he stripped the ball out short of just fucking telling the ref, and it was a game-changing decision, instead of being on the attack with the wind in our sails, We get two quick tries scored on us on the back of the momentum switch.... that said we didn’t spend the next half hour convincing anyone we deserved it, just flat-out played like a team that had a disrupted camp, no cohesion and a lot of mental mistakes.

Don’t know that I would overhaul the team for anything much for II, mostly positional changes, slater obviously comes in with Morgan back to bench, Oates in for Chambers with Gagai to centre, swap Hess and Kaufusi, and Gillett in for Cooper if available... not gunna happen but I’d like to see McGuire go into prop with Arrow to lock, Teddy and Cook exploited some poor defensive efforts from our middle forwards and McGuire with match fitness + Arrow would help fix that up
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes it does. I have no doubt Honeysett will sort out a banner if you sort out the mods.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:34 pm

surmo13 wrote:Seeing as everyone else is playing nice I guess I’ll be that guy -
    They’re just being honest...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Krump wrote:
    Yes it does. I have no doubt Honeysett will sort out a banner if you sort out the mods.

@Honeysett willingly gave up his banner privileges when he started letting Bambi raise his flag.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 pm

NSW deserved the win but its good signs when QLD had momentum for more time then NSW did and had the better of the territory. Its not good signs when we continually finish sets inside the NSW 10-20 and have no fucking idea how to the ball any further. I dont think we had a 5th tackle option that wasn't a 2nd rower crash ball or lazy grubber all game. We gameplanned really well, controlled position of the ball on the field, controlled the ruck for the most part but couldnt execute a scoring play, when NSW did nothing but execute on the reduced chances they had.

FAC (or another recognised hooker off the bench) needs to play 80, when he went off our middle defence went to shit. Hunt doesnt cut it. Milf was wasted.

Honestly, it probably shows that the over the last 5-6 years NSW coaching staff is made up of backline players and QLD predominately forwards (predominately). NSW didnt seem to worry that they were finishing sets inside their own half for most of the game, they were happy to back themselves to score form wherever. QLD were clearing geeing themselves up at how good it was finishing each set with NSW coming off their line, when we were starting at our 30 - but had no fucking clue what to do when we got down there.

Not that its an excuse - but the reffing was terrible. Worst in an origin game I can recall. Crichton's missed strip, the forward to JAC, the Turbo mid air knock on, the Gagai knock on to touch all game changing calls that were blatantly wrong, which gifted the Blues 12 points. I like that they put the whistle away for penalties but fuck me, that doesnt mean you let the players do their best Aaron Rodgers impression.

NSW still deserve the win though.

And we talk about loyalty and how important it's been, especially in recent years, but far out. Time to give him the tap on the shoulder. Ray Warren needs to be taken behind a shed and put down. He called Cook and Clearly interchangably through the game, swapped Napa and Hess at least twice, Munster and Morgan at least 3 times and even swapped Maloney & Blake Ferguson ("That's a real Raper style tackle"). Not to mention the entire commentary team decided that Mitchell had scored because he said so when he was pretty clearly held up. Fuck that entire booth is painful to listen to.

Ahwell. Enough good points to be confident heading into game 2. Put a healthy Slater into that backline and we'll generate points. Fuck knows what we'll do next year, but thats a problem for the side defending 4 in a row in 2019.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 pm

SI wrote:

@Honeysett willingly gave up his banner privileges when he started letting Bambi raise his flag.
    Bloody typical. Surely a ton is a ton though?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Krump wrote:
    Bloody typical. Surely a ton is a ton though?
    If LB doesn’t sort one by the morning I’ll get on up mate but be warned I will use snipping tool, Tedesco and some Frizell body parts...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 pm