NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Share
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7193
    Reputation : 1273
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

    You are a champion Mearcats & much appreciated. I was considering keeping Rein, selling Cogger & buying Martin. It also gives me 1 extra player in my emg for depth/cash injection.
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Weiland on Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm

    If someone could look at my team. Thinking of not trading anyone this week but we will see. JMK to Lamb was an option but I don't have enough WFBS to cover.

    300k in the bank, 18 trades left.

    Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    JFH, RFM, JTurbo
    Dce, Matterson
    Marsters, Aitken
    Pong, TTurbo, JMK

    Havili, Su'a, Martin, Murray
    Smith, Fonua, Brimson, Katoa
    avatar
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3850
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 8:14 pm

    @WT2K wrote:If you didn't own lolo, would it be best getting him in this week vs the rabbits or hold off for one more week?

    I don't really think you can predict Lolo's big/crap scores based on fixtures. I would make the decision based on the normal criteria of what your team needs, price, value, be, byes, trades remaining etc. You'd have to think you want him in your final team though probably, so you'd want him by round 13 I would have thought.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2429
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Mearcats, if you have time I could appreciate the help?

    Cook
    Fifita Surgess
    Lolo RFM Kikau
    Milf Thurston
    Mitchell Walker
    Ted Ponga Brimson/JMK

    Murray
    JFH
    Lane
    Rein

    Brimson/JMK
    Kennar
    Gosi
    Brown

    264k  19 trades

    I was thinking Rein, Thurston and JMK were my priorities, but with Brown out another "two" weeks I might dump him instead. Might not even play 13 at this rate. Thinking I will just "cheat" my way to another brilliant 26/27 for Brimson or JMK in the third WFB this week, and attend to the other guys first. What do you reckon? Thanks in advance.

    You could or would? LOL! Jks mate, more than happy to have a squizz for you fella.

    Initially, I see your frustrations with Brown but again, whike he ain't playing, he ain't losing you money. On top of that, he's very potentially a season keeper when back. I feel that you've held him this long and as much as the bullshit info and the continued bumping of a return timeframe would be annoying AF, I'd still, STILL hold. Crazy to say but I feel if you've held him this long you may as well continue and bank a trade in doing so.

    More pressing issues for you IMO are and is primarily, JT. How the actual fuck are you still on that ride mate? Literally hasnt scored over 50 once since rd2 and in 8 games since then has threatened to do so twice. I know you're a cows fan and we're holding out hope but we beyond that now bruv. In fact, you've said so many times yourself that you need to get off him that I think we may now be at an intervention point!

    Seriously though, I don't mean to be rude, but he needs to GTFO. Brock Lamb is almost a full 200k cheaper than him, has a BE of 6 and if he averages 45 will be the same price in three weeks mate. The ONLY reason I see you holding now is for rd13. Or potentially hold to try and regain some of your losses but I think that's a bad idea.

    Rein can go or wait one week, not a priority this week. JMK is pretty much a sell IMO.

    You're third WFB spot is the only other area of concern but like you said, can loop that if you like.

    If I were in your boots I'd almost play Brimson this week, dump Thurston for Arey (still giving 13 coverage) and get out of JMK/Kennar/Gosling for a CC.

    Hope this helps mate.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 5775
    Reputation : 847
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Random on Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 pm

    @Weiland wrote:If someone could look at my team. Thinking of not trading anyone this week but we will see. JMK to Lamb was an option but I don't have enough WFBS to cover.

    300k in the bank, 18 trades left.

    Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    JFH, RFM, JTurbo
    Dce, Matterson
    Marsters, Aitken
    Pong, TTurbo, JMK

    Havili, Su'a, Martin, Murray
    Smith, Fonua, Brimson, Katoa

    Just wait a week on the JMK trade. Lamb was initially dropped for Cogger and anything could happen at the Knights. You need JMK this week anyway. JFH, RFM, and Kikau you can hold this week and see how things go. Just sit tight for a week.

    Edit: I forgot Brimson is a WFB why not grab Lamb for JMK as you plan. (Somewhat risky.) And then play Brimson for a week.


    Last edited by Random on Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7193
    Reputation : 1273
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm

    @mulvy wrote:

    I like it WL. Those were my trades as of this morning (except Thurston instead of Maloney). PODdy goodness and round 13 players who hopefully kick-on but if not could be upgraded to a round 17 gun trades permitting.

    Good man Mulvy. Cheers mate.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5029
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 pm

    I feel like I'm a bit short in the second row compared to teams above me so need to get someone in ASAP. Problem is I don't have anyone in the 600k price range that i want to sell.

    Sorenson and JMK are the only guys I'm happy to move on but none get me who I want.

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7193
    Reputation : 1273
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 15, 2018 8:26 pm

    @Weiland wrote:If someone could look at my team. Thinking of not trading anyone this week but we will see. JMK to Lamb was an option but I don't have enough WFBS to cover.

    300k in the bank, 18 trades left.

    Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    JFH, RFM, JTurbo
    Dce, Matterson
    Marsters, Aitken
    Pong, TTurbo, JMK

    Havili, Su'a, Martin, Murray
    Smith, Fonua, Brimson, Katoa

    I really like that team. You could save 2 trades this week. However, you've got plenty in the bank so why not use 1 trade to upgrade JMK to a gun wfb.
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 1145
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by danseels1985 on Tue May 15, 2018 8:28 pm

    JMK to Lamb and RFM to Crichton? Or JMK to Segeyaro/ Niukore and Isaako to Aitken?


    Last edited by danseels1985 on Tue May 15, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Weiland on Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 pm

    @Random wrote:

    Just wait a week on the JMK trade. Lamb was initially dropped for Cogger and anything could happen at the Knights. You need JMK this week anyway. JFH, RFM, and Kikau you can hold this week and see how things go. Just sit tight for a week.

    Edit: I forgot Brimson is a WFB why not grab Lamb for JMK as you plan. (Somewhat risky.) And then play Brimson for a week.

    Yeah I only just saw recently that Brimson is a WFB cover. I think I will hold, Brimson most likely won't score many more than JMK and if Fonua doesn't make the team next week then I will have to waste another trade. Hard to not trade with 300 grand in the bank haha
    avatar
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3850
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    You could or would? LOL! Jks mate, more than happy to have a squizz for you fella.

    Initially, I see your frustrations with Brown but again, whike he ain't playing, he ain't losing you money. On top of that, he's very potentially a season keeper when back. I feel that you've held him this long and as much as the bullshit info and the continued bumping of a return timeframe would be annoying AF, I'd still, STILL hold. Crazy to say but I feel if you've held him this long you may as well continue and bank a trade in doing so.

    More pressing issues for you IMO are and is primarily, JT. How the actual fuck are you still on that ride mate? Literally hasnt scored over 50 once since rd2 and in 8 games since then has threatened to do so twice. I know you're a cows fan and we're holding out hope but we beyond that now bruv. In fact, you've said so many times yourself that you need to get off him that I think we may now be at an intervention point!

    Seriously though, I don't mean to be rude, but he needs to GTFO. Brock Lamb is almost a full 200k cheaper than him, has a BE of 6 and if he averages 45 will be the same price in three weeks mate. The ONLY reason I see you holding now is for rd13. Or potentially hold to try and regain some of your losses but I think that's a bad idea.

    Rein can go or wait one week, not a priority this week. JMK is pretty much a sell IMO.

    You're third WFB spot is the only other area of concern but like you said, can loop that if you like.

    If I were in your boots I'd almost play Brimson this week, dump Thurston for Arey (still giving 13 coverage) and get out of JMK/Kennar/Gosling for a CC.

    Hope this helps mate.

    Cheers mate, yeah JT has been fucking me good and proper. More recently it's not been about being a cows fan, I've basically been max trading to field a full 17 with the likes of Dugan, Brown, Murray, Surgess, Gosi, Soro, Kennar, Croker, Arrow etc. But yep, he's finally gone this week. And I've pretty much firmed on JT to Arey.

    It's the second trade that really has me stumped. I could dump Brown for another keeper but as you say I'm pot committed. An upgrade of Rein would limit me to someone like Koro (and I would need hooker coverage if I dump Rein). I could go Rein to a cheapie that might score well enough to be in the 17 for a couple of weeks like Lamb or Ricky Martin. Or as you say I could trade one of the cheaper guys like JMK, Kennar, Gosi to a cheapie, but again would likely have to be in my 17. I don't like any of the options to be honest Bang Thanks again.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5029
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 pm

    @danseels1985 wrote:JMK to Lamb and RFM to Crichton?

    What have ya gotta lose mate. Go nuts.
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Weiland on Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:

    I really like that team. You could save 2 trades this week. However, you've got plenty in the bank so why not use 1 trade to upgrade JMK to a gun wfb.

    That has crossed my mind. I am just cautious about spending that much on a WFB keeper when there are a few pending trades in the forwards I will need to make the next few weeks. It is very temptin though.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2429
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

    @Random wrote:Well seeing as you have some free time Mearcats.

    Here is my squad for this week, before trades.

    D. Cook
    J. Arrow, J. Fisher-Harris
    C. Murray, R. Fatila-Mariner, R. Martin
    D. Cherry-Evans, A. Reynolds
    L. Mitchell, P. Hiku
    K. Ponga, J. Tedesco, M. Mbye

    V. Kikau, J. Su'a, S. Griffin, J. Marshall-King

    J. Dugan, N. Brown, C. Smith, J. Segeyaro

    For my team, I think Griffin has to go as he will bleed cash soon. Then it comes down to moving an under performing FRF/2RF or JMK. I personally want to keep faith with my forward pack this week so I am leaning towards JMK out as well.

    Ideally I would like to at least get one gun in this week, but could go two cheapies. I would love Fifita, but I can't do Griffin/JMK to Fifita/Brimson. I could get J. Trbojevic and take a punt on a $212k player. Other guns I could look at are Crichton, Hess, S. Burgess, R. James, T. Harris, S. Mannering, P. Gallen. I really want year long cheapies with potential upside like Segeyaro has.

    Sure thing Random, here's my thoughts sir...

    Griffin definitely goes. Nothing there after last weeks 32 minutes says hold to me any longer. Especially with Levi named again. You would basically be hoping for a Raiders-esque injury that nobody could predict. I'm jelly AF of those that started with Havilii or himself but you bought them as a CC, not as a keeper and Griffins time as a cow is done.

    Asides from POSSIBLY RFM, I don't think you really have many under performing front rowers or second rowers. Murray could under perform in the short term off the bench but as I said to Welshy, I think he is a hold this week. The only other guy there I'd keep an eye on is RFM.

    Out of the lot, like you said, you'd really like to have Fifi but if that can't happen monetarily then Surgess, Crichton or Harris would get my vote. Only reason I have Harris third is due to bye rounds and his BE. Both the others play the early bye, Crichton has an easily achievable BE and a decent avg despite being somewhat underwhelming this year and Burgess, although walking a fine line each week on suspensions, is showing form reminiscent of 2015, especially if the Bunnies can get on a roll.

    If wanting to go one gun one upside cheapie I'd go Burgess and someone like Hipgrave/BS9 ( I think Melbournes new format will be the norm for the season) or possibly (big gulp) Hokko. He would be a last option for me but I think he'll have a decent push, play the year out and be serviceable, albeit not much more than that.
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Weiland on Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 pm

    Would M'Bye be considered a keeper in the WFB position?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5029
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

    Just JMK to Lamb then this week. Hopefully the guns don't end up out of reach.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2429
    Reputation : 610
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

    @Finch wrote:Seeing Mearcats take time out of his day to help people, but no thumbs up are being given...

    Absolutely NEVER required Finchy but for the two that gave this bloke a thumbs down you'd either wanna have fat finger syndrome or hope that a Liam Neeson type doesn't find you cos that shit is poor form.
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1664
    Reputation : 585
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Fortitude on Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

    Saving my meatcats request to new thread!
    avatar
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3850
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    You could or would? LOL! Jks mate, more than happy to have a squizz for you fella.


    It's a portmanteau?? Pretty sure I went from saying I could use the help to I would appreciate the help. Or vice-versa. I don't know, something, something dark side Very Happy
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1765
    Reputation : 713
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by code delta on Tue May 15, 2018 8:41 pm


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 pm