NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Share
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2390
    Reputation : 600
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 pm

    @mickspicks wrote:

    Should he be picked on form? Yep. Will he be picked under Freddy’s philosophy? Nope. JAC and Cotric wingers baby!

    I doubt this.I don't dislike it, in fact, I think it would be a good move but I doubt Cotric gets picked. Not sure about JAC either for that matter.

    As a Queenslander, here's my Blues side... Which I think will beat us 2-1.

    1. James Tedesco
    2. Blake Ferguson
    3. James Roberts/Euan Aitken
    4. Latrell Mitchell
    5. Tom Trbojevic
    6. Blake Green/Luke Keary
    7. James Maloney
    8. David Klemmer
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
    11.Tyson Frizell/Boyd Cordner
    12.Josh Jackson/Jack De Belin
    13. Jake Trbojevic

    14. Jack Bird
    15.Paul Vaughan
    16.Aaron Woods (the pillow)
    17.One of the aforementioned guys
    18. Another of the aforementioned

    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6223
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 pm

    So I'm looking at these trades:
    Maloney out - A. Reynolds in
    Rein out - Koroisau in

    Leaves 33k & 17 trades left

    Cook (c)
    Fifita, Kikau
    Jurbo, Taumalolo, RFM
    DCE, A-Rey
    Mitchell, Capewell
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

    Koroisau, Murray, JFH, Su'a
    Isaako, Smith, Kennar, Cogger

    Thoughts & thanks.
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1192
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Location : Chasing Rebel Scum

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 pm

    What’s eisenhuth’s security?
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1207
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Fortitude on Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

    I hope they don’t pick Keary, I haven’t seen all of his games. But I’ve never seen him play anything but shit. That is, below average. Balls to no one etc.

    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

    Mearcats, if you have time I could appreciate the help?

    Cook
    Fifita Surgess
    Lolo RFM Kikau
    Milf Thurston
    Mitchell Walker
    Ted Ponga Brimson/JMK

    Murray
    JFH
    Lane
    Rein

    Brimson/JMK
    Kennar
    Gosi
    Brown

    264k  19 trades

    I was thinking Rein, Thurston and JMK were my priorities, but with Brown out another "two" weeks I might dump him instead. Might not even play 13 at this rate. Thinking I will just "cheat" my way to another brilliant 26/27 for Brimson or JMK in the third WFB this week, and attend to the other guys first. What do you reckon? Thanks in advance.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2390
    Reputation : 600
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    Where should i go mate, CS9 retiring has changed my mind on trading him to DCE. Missing that extra game had me convinced I was dumping him for good but I've come around.
    my current best 17  pre trades are

    Cook
    Fifita, JFH
    Arrow, Taumalolo, Murray
    ARey, JMK
    Dugan, Capewell
    Ponga, Tedesco, Mbye

    Smith
    RFM
    Barnett
    Kikau

    Havili
    Martin
    Cogger
    Isaako

    $143,000

    I want DCE in but may settle on Koro as a POD and hope he goes on a run like he did early season

    Early thoughts this week is a single trade of Cogger - Lamb 

    this means I don't have to start JMK who will struggle to go over 35 playing 60 minutes at hooker and Lamb should provide a cash injection and 35-45 whilst Pearce is out

    or could go JMK - Lamb to build extra bank

    Ok, first thoughts... Who do you play if Dugan is out? I assume Isaako who is at the bottom of your top 17 (currently) and rightly so. Tough gig. I would hold Smith ( and personally am now with the latest news) especially now. Playing JMK is also a tough one. As is holding Murray.

    In a breakdown sense, I see Murray as a hold for your purposes this week. Scored pretty well in limited minutes off the bench last week and could potentially garner a starting spot soon enough. If and/or when he gets that, we know he is a keeper. So he gets a reprieve. Him scoring 40ish from the bench is better than JMK scoring 30ish while starting.

    You didn't state how many trades you had remaining but I'd almost be pulling a double this week with your side. One of Cogger or JMK to Lamb is pretty set although personally I would want trades up my sleeve to do so as Lamb is in no way a keeper. Then I'd be looking at Marsters or Hoppa. Unfortunately, you're 16-38k short of doing this trade via JMK to Lamb if my math is correct.

    With that in mind, maybe the straight switch of JMK to Lamb is the best bet this week. Single trade. Garners you some bank. Cogger won't lose money while not playing (albeit won't generate anything either) whereas JMk with a BE of 31 and a three rd avg of 25 is probably done and dusted. It will mean Isaako lingers and has to be played if Dugan doesn't come back this week but it's the lesser of all evils.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4215
    Reputation : 448
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

    Thoughts on Barnett??

    JMK > Lamb
    Sorenson > Barnett

    Seems like I'm not using my trades optimally here. Two risky cash makers.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2390
    Reputation : 600
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:What’s eisenhuth’s security?

    Permanent barring injury
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6223
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:What’s eisenhuth’s security?

    I think eventually ET will go back to lock. Ivan I think prefers ET. I think this means Eisenhuth will go to the bench in the frf rotation.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 5589
    Reputation : 786
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Random on Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm

    Well seeing as you have some free time Mearcats.

    Here is my squad for this week, before trades.

    D. Cook
    J. Arrow, J. Fisher-Harris
    C. Murray, R. Fatila-Mariner, R. Martin
    D. Cherry-Evans, A. Reynolds
    L. Mitchell, P. Hiku
    K. Ponga, J. Tedesco, M. Mbye

    V. Kikau, J. Su'a, S. Griffin, J. Marshall-King

    J. Dugan, N. Brown, C. Smith, J. Segeyaro

    For my team, I think Griffin has to go as he will bleed cash soon. Then it comes down to moving an under performing FRF/2RF or JMK. I personally want to keep faith with my forward pack this week so I am leaning towards JMK out as well.

    Ideally I would like to at least get one gun in this week, but could go two cheapies. I would love Fifita, but I can't do Griffin/JMK to Fifita/Brimson. I could get J. Trbojevic and take a punt on a $212k player. Other guns I could look at are Crichton, Hess, S. Burgess, R. James, T. Harris, S. Mannering, P. Gallen. I really want year long cheapies with potential upside like Segeyaro has.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 2390
    Reputation : 600
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Mearcats on Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:So I'm looking at these trades:
    Maloney out - A. Reynolds in
    Rein out - Koroisau in

    Leaves 33k & 17 trades left

    Cook (c)
    Fifita, Kikau
    Jurbo, Taumalolo, RFM
    DCE, A-Rey
    Mitchell, Capewell
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

    Koroisau, Murray, JFH, Su'a
    Isaako, Smith, Kennar, Cogger

    Thoughts & thanks.

    1st trade good, second not so much WL. 17 trades left is after these two trades yeah? So currently 19? Unless you really want Koro for rd13, I can't see any reason for bringing him in this week. I'd be more inclined to bank the one trade this week, ride the TRein who "should" hit his BE and play he or Isaako for a slight points hit this week ( I actually think Rein will still score 35ish) and then make a move next week.

    TLDR; Rein ain't an urgent sell and Koro ain't a keeper, hold off the second trade.
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2564
    Reputation : 584
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by rhinoceroo on Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    I doubt this.I don't dislike it, in fact, I think it would be a good move but I doubt Cotric gets picked. Not sure about JAC either for that matter.

    As a Queenslander, here's my Blues side... Which I think will beat us 2-1.

    1. James Tedesco
    2. Blake Ferguson
    3. James Roberts/Euan Aitken
    4. Latrell Mitchell
    5. Tom Trbojevic
    6. Blake Green/Luke Keary
    7. James Maloney
    8. David Klemmer
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
    11.Tyson Frizell/Boyd Cordner
    12.Josh Jackson/Jack De Belin
    13. Jake Trbojevic

    14. Jack Bird
    15.Paul Vaughan
    16.Aaron Woods (the pillow)
    17.One of the aforementioned guys
    18. Another of the aforementioned


    Halves will be Green/Maloney or Maloney/Cleary, depending on how Cleary comes back from injury.

    You can lock Cordner and Frizzell in as the second row.

    Not 100‰ sure Ted gets picked even though he should.

    Bird doesn't deserve to be there. Think they'll run two hookers picked from Cook/Koro/McInnes with the bench 2rf being someone like Crichton who can shift to backs.

    TTrbo/Ted
    Ferguson
    Mitchell
    Aitken
    JAC/TTrbo
    Green/Maloney
    Maloney/Cleary

    RCG
    McInnis
    Klemmer
    Cordner
    Frizz
    JTrbo

    Cook
    Vaughan
    JDB
    Crichton/WGraham
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:So I'm looking at these trades:
    Maloney out - A. Reynolds in
    Rein out - Koroisau in

    Leaves 33k & 17 trades left

    Cook (c)
    Fifita, Kikau
    Jurbo, Taumalolo, RFM
    DCE, A-Rey
    Mitchell, Capewell
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

    Koroisau, Murray, JFH, Su'a
    Isaako, Smith, Kennar, Cogger

    Thoughts & thanks.

    I like it WL. Those were my trades as of this morning (except Thurston instead of Maloney). PODdy goodness and round 13 players who hopefully kick-on but if not could be upgraded to a round 17 gun trades permitting.
    avatar
    Finch

    Posts : 3508
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Finch on Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 pm

    Seeing Mearcats take time out of his day to help people, but no thumbs up are being given...
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2322
    Reputation : 270
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    I doubt this.I don't dislike it, in fact, I think it would be a good move but I doubt Cotric gets picked. Not sure about JAC either for that matter.

    As a Queenslander, here's my Blues side... Which I think will beat us 2-1.

    1. James Tedesco
    2. Blake Ferguson
    3. James Roberts/Euan Aitken
    4. Latrell Mitchell
    5. Tom Trbojevic
    6. Blake Green/Luke Keary
    7. James Maloney
    8. David Klemmer
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
    11.Tyson Frizell/Boyd Cordner
    12.Josh Jackson/Jack De Belin
    13. Jake Trbojevic

    14. Jack Bird
    15.Paul Vaughan
    16.Aaron Woods (the pillow)
    17.One of the aforementioned guys
    18. Another of the aforementioned


    ..........................Bird? Dude isn't even first grade standard right now, let alone Origin.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Welshy on Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:

    Ok, first thoughts... Who do you play if Dugan is out? I assume Isaako who is at the bottom of your top 17 (currently) and rightly so. Tough gig. I would hold Smith ( and personally am now with the latest news) especially now. Playing JMK is also a tough one. As is holding Murray.

    In a breakdown sense, I see Murray as a hold for your purposes this week. Scored pretty well in limited minutes off the bench last week and could potentially garner a starting spot soon enough. If and/or when he gets that, we know he is a keeper. So he gets a reprieve. Him scoring 40ish from the bench is better than JMK scoring 30ish while starting.

    You didn't state how many trades you had remaining but I'd almost be pulling a double this week with your side. One of Cogger or JMK to Lamb is pretty set although personally I would want trades up my sleeve to do so as Lamb is in no way a keeper. Then I'd be looking at Marsters or Hoppa. Unfortunately, you're 16-38k short of doing this trade via JMK to Lamb if my math is correct.

    With that in mind, maybe the straight switch of JMK to Lamb is the best bet this week. Single trade. Garners you some bank. Cogger won't lose money while not playing (albeit won't generate anything either) whereas JMk with a BE of 31 and a three rd avg of 25 is probably done and dusted. It will mean Isaako lingers and has to be played if Dugan doesn't come back this week but it's the lesser of all evils.
    Legend  mate, 

    Will put Dugan in CTR spot and if he doesn't play I'll get Isaakos score won't I. First week if isaako not playing outside Roberts and he went over for a meaty so signs could be positive there! I'd love Capewell to get another 2 weeks starting to get close to a gun CTR upgrade 

    If i just trade JMK - Lamb I'll be left with 17 mate so not ideal but enough I think mate, good enough for R13 and a donwgrade for upgrade cash option when Pearce returns
    avatar
    WT2K

    Posts : 664
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2018-03-25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by WT2K on Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 pm

    If you didn't own lolo, would it be best getting him in this week vs the rabbits or hold off for one more week?
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 203
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Weiland on Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thoughts on Barnett??

    JMK > Lamb
    Sorenson > Barnett

    Seems like I'm not using my trades optimally here. Two risky cash makers.

    Sounds like you are talking yourself into trades you don't necessarily need to make this week.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2322
    Reputation : 270
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 pm

    @WT2K wrote:If you didn't own lolo, would it be best getting him in this week vs the rabbits or hold off for one more week?

    I think you can definitely hold off unless you HAVE to pull the trigger this week. He won't have it easy this week against the Bunnies pack.
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 696
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Honey Badger on Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thoughts on Barnett??

    JMK > Lamb
    Sorenson > Barnett

    Seems like I'm not using my trades optimally here. Two risky cash makers.

    Both undervalued and both should score well enough to be in your 17 if need be.
    Neither are genuine keepers though so you'll need to use more trades to trade them back out again if trades are looking like an issue

      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 am