NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Share
    avatar
    BBowler

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-04-10

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by BBowler on Sat May 12, 2018 11:43 pm

    @mickspicks wrote:

    Will be blooded the same way they use Mann towards the end of game (if winning well).

    Who do you reckon will get subbed tho?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11706
    Reputation : 2539
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by SI on Sat May 12, 2018 11:44 pm

    @BBowler wrote:RFM didnt make his BE - everyone (who still has him) chopping him this week?

    No, not unless his injury is more than a cork (I thought him grabbing at his lower quad was to do with his patella, and if it IS just a cork not sure why they were doing structural knee tests).

    Bloke is over 700k now and averaging 50. I'm happy for him to give my team 50 each week in the 13-17 or 18 for the rest of the year.
    avatar
    WT2K

    Posts : 664
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2018-03-25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by WT2K on Sat May 12, 2018 11:44 pm

    14/768 (C)am - Fifita, Cook and Murray left
    avatar
    WT2K

    Posts : 664
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2018-03-25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by WT2K on Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 pm

    Happy to keep RFM unless there's more to his injury
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6221
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Sat May 12, 2018 11:53 pm

    Tomorrow I'll trade Sorenson to Capewell so I'll be 688/13 with Cook (c), Fifita, Murray & Capewell to play.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7570
    Reputation : 2606
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Milchcow on Sat May 12, 2018 11:55 pm

    @SI wrote:

    This seems to be what happens as so many times things get missed live and then 5 or 10 minutes later they get added.  It does seem in practice that there is a second team shadowing the first, as opposed to years gone by where they seemed to review them again from scratch after the game had finished.

    If this is actually happening it is great as would explain why the updates are less in their variance this year.  

    I think we kind of all got used to having 5 or 10 point swings either way for most players, and this year we get disappointed when our players don't get bumped up.  But the flipside is there doesn't appear to be the huge downdates either.  

    It's probably the first and last time I will defend the stats guys, but at the end of the day it's a compliment to them that we are complaining about the marginal changes verses the massive differences in the past.  Although it takes the excitement out of waiting for the final stats!


    Some stats are just weird though.

    We don't know the criteria so there will always be a few that we disagree with. I don't even try and keep track of TBs as they are so subjective. Try Saves seem to be a complete lottery too.
    This year try assists seem to be a bit random as well

    eg watch this video from the 11 minute mark. Benji didn't get a try assist for that effort
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/22/extended-highlights-wests-tigers-v-knights---round-7-2018/

    (the earlier Naiqama try at 9:38 didn't generate a try assist either, yet Widdop got one for his effort at 1:22 in this game https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/26/extended-highlights-dragons-v-roosters---round-8-2018/ )

    Probably there are other examples of inconsistency, but I try not to pay too much attention these days.
    avatar
    mickspicks

    Posts : 768
    Reputation : 132
    Join date : 2017-04-23

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by mickspicks on Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am

    @BBowler wrote:

    Who do you reckon will get subbed tho?

    Depends how the game is playing out! If it’s close I don’t think he gets a run. Otherwise Friz or JDB.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11706
    Reputation : 2539
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by SI on Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    @SI wrote:

    This seems to be what happens as so many times things get missed live and then 5 or 10 minutes later they get added.  It does seem in practice that there is a second team shadowing the first, as opposed to years gone by where they seemed to review them again from scratch after the game had finished.

    If this is actually happening it is great as would explain why the updates are less in their variance this year.  

    I think we kind of all got used to having 5 or 10 point swings either way for most players, and this year we get disappointed when our players don't get bumped up.  But the flipside is there doesn't appear to be the huge downdates either.  

    It's probably the first and last time I will defend the stats guys, but at the end of the day it's a compliment to them that we are complaining about the marginal changes verses the massive differences in the past.  Although it takes the excitement out of waiting for the final stats!


    Some stats are just weird though.

    We don't know the criteria so there will always be a few that we disagree with. I don't even try and keep track of TBs as they are so subjective. Try Saves seem to be a complete lottery too.
    This year try assists seem to be a bit random as well

    eg watch this video from the 11 minute mark. Benji didn't get a try assist for that effort
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/22/extended-highlights-wests-tigers-v-knights---round-7-2018/

    (the earlier Naiqama try at 9:38 didn't generate a try assist either, yet Widdop got one for his effort at 1:22 in this game https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/26/extended-highlights-dragons-v-roosters---round-8-2018/ )

    Probably there are other examples of inconsistency, but I try not to pay too much attention these days.

    I think we were used to Prozone over the last few years deeming any try from a kick as a TA-which for me it should be.  Makes me think the NRL have allowed the new guys to make their own definition; which would be ridiculous, but not necessarily inconceivable.  All of the above should have been a TA.  Maybe the fact a defender may have touched the ball may have changed that, dunno, but that is an impractical way to look at it either way.

    The age old argument that a Try Assist should be the last touch play from your team directly prior to the try is the most objective way to go about for me personally.

    In regards TB's, it seemed they were a bit hard on them in the opening rounds, but seems like business as usual now.  At the end of the day the number of Tackle Breaks should be equal to the number of missed tackles in every single game.
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1429
    Reputation : 823
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 97
    Location : Fishing or golfing somewhere

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Rabbit on Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am

    @WT2K wrote:14/768 (C)am - Fifita, Cook and Murray left

    Hello 1,000. Nice score Shocked
    avatar
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1065
    Reputation : 246
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by BroncHose on Sun May 13, 2018 2:14 am

    Bit of talk in the last thread, but I'll call myself out for double pool-holing. Hopefully it doesn't flame up the discussion though.

    Didn't work out for me though as i was on a plane and missed all three games today and didn't get Rein into the starting side. Means I'll get Fonua (my initial planned pool hole) and Martin.

    I'd already made the call last night that I was going to take Martins score, but it was really about not knowing about Peats/Rein.
    avatar
    lewis9966

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 73
    Join date : 2017-01-20
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by lewis9966 on Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 am

    Any news on M Nicholls?? Heard he was in doubt
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by wolfking on Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 am

    Im 664 with Captain Cook, Murray and Havilli to come. Having no Manly players hurt
    Tempted to spend all my cash and get Fifita for Havilli though. Don't know if I should with Griffin, Maloney and Rein hanging around.
    avatar
    BBowler

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-04-10

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by BBowler on Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 am

    Did Hiku suddenly update 7 points?
    avatar
    Finch

    Posts : 3508
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Finch on Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 am

    @BroncHose wrote:Bit of talk in the last thread, but I'll call myself out for double pool-holing. Hopefully it doesn't flame up the discussion though.

    Didn't work out for me though as i was on a plane and missed all three games today and didn't get Rein into the starting side. Means I'll get Fonua (my initial planned pool hole) and Martin.

    I'd already made the call last night that I was going to take Martins score, but it was really about not knowing about Peats/Rein.

    Well done for owning up I guess.

    Personally I hate it, I know it's not your (Or the players fault) because it's allowed to be done/it's how it's coded, but at the same time it's taking advantage, it's kind of like playing with 19 players every week instead of 17. I consider it cheating, but it is what it is.


    Just want to blame someone...
    avatar
    sajjos

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : Wellington

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by sajjos on Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Geez.. It would be perfect if Peats had just one more week off!

    Wouldn't it be more perfect if Bulldogs bought Peats and we can Rein in our 17 for the rest of the season.

    No too greedy at all. Laughing
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 696
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Honey Badger on Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 am

    @Finch wrote:

    Well done for owning up I guess.

    Personally I hate it, I know it's not your (Or the players fault) because it's allowed to be done/it's how it's coded, but at the same time it's taking advantage, it's kind of like playing with 19 players every week instead of 17. I consider it cheating, but it is what it is.


    Just want to blame someone...

    Yeah i feel the same way, hopefully they fix it up next year. Not only do we get people double loop-holing but then we get asked if they should take the loophole score or not
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1344
    Reputation : 264
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by SoylentGreen on Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 am

    I've missed all the games this week, and didn't think any of my players had scored that badly, but it seems I'm way off the pace at 626/14. Captain Cook, Fifita and Murray to play. Dropped about 250 places so far to 500.
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1344
    Reputation : 264
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by SoylentGreen on Sun May 13, 2018 8:33 am

    I've already got DCE, so who's the next best gun half to bring in for Maloney? Matterson?
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6221
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by White Lightning on Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 am

    @SoylentGreen wrote:I've already got DCE, so who's the next best gun half to bring in for Maloney? Matterson?

    That's what I'm doing eventually.
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 696
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

    Post by Honey Badger on Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 am

    @SoylentGreen wrote:I've already got DCE, so who's the next best gun half to bring in for Maloney? Matterson?

    I need to bring in gun half too to partner DCE. Ive been holding off to get SJ or Cleary. Think i'll just bite the bullet and get Matterson like everyone else. Hard to bring him in now at that price. When Tupou comes back does aubo go back to the bench and take mins off Matterson?

      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 am