NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Share
    avatar
    Blain

    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Blain on Thu May 03, 2018 8:16 am

    @Teeth Eater wrote:A couple of random questions here in the context of current discussions, but would appreciate if anyone can help out here;

    1. What is the likelihood of I.Luke playing this week? And if it's unlikely, is there any possibility at all he’ll be out a few weeks, or definitelty back next week?

    2. How long is J.Tevaga meant to be out for?

    I know it’s a massive risk, but i like the idea of a punt on Lawton, but only if he can be guaranteed at least a few weeks, even from the bench, raking in Tevaga’s numbers.

    What are the odds?

    Luke trained a couple days ago, but I can't see him playing right now TBH.. If he does, it will not be a full match. So on the basis he has trained, can't expect him to be out for long.

    Tevaga injury is a true mystery, no news. He isn't playing as a hooker anyway, more of a Elijah Taylor role, line speed leader/speed bump, and spells Luke for 10 minutes if he needs a break. But I can't see Tevaga and Lawton on the bench together, we would be under sized.

    In summary, I'd steer clear personally. With Luke around, he is too risky.

    I already have Cogger to the poster who suggested him too me, think he'll go well. So ATM it's Sua vs Lane vs RTS.

    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2381
    Reputation : 394
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Thu May 03, 2018 8:25 am

    @Teeth Eater wrote:A couple of random questions here in the context of current discussions, but would appreciate if anyone can help out here;

    1. What is the likelihood of I.Luke playing this week? And if it's unlikely, is there any possibility at all he’ll be out a few weeks, or definitelty back next week?

    2. How long is J.Tevaga meant to be out for?

    I know it’s a massive risk, but i like the idea of a punt on Lawton, but only if he can be guaranteed at least a few weeks, even from the bench, raking in Tevaga’s numbers.

    What are the odds?

    I listened to Toho Harris on the radio yesterday speaking about Luke. I'd say its 50-50 but I felt like Harris was doubtful he'll play, just some of the things he was saying.... Just my hunch though!
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by wolfking on Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 am

    Haven't had much time to look at my team this week due to my work schedule and was just looking to secure my second centre spot, but looking now there's a few things I can do if I just sit with Isaako a bit longer.

    Thompson to Matterson via MBye is tempting. Is Matterson not worth his current price tag? Too late?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2381
    Reputation : 394
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

    @Blain wrote:

    Luke trained a couple days ago, but I can't see him playing right now TBH.. If he does, it will not be a full match. So on the basis he has trained, can't expect him to be out for long.

    Tevaga injury is a true mystery, no news. He isn't playing as a hooker anyway, more of a Elijah Taylor role, line speed leader/speed bump, and spells Luke for 10 minutes if he needs a break. But I can't see Tevaga and Lawton on the bench together, we would be under sized.

    In summary, I'd steer clear personally. With Luke around, he is too risky.

    I already have Cogger to the poster who suggested him too me, think he'll go well. So ATM it's Sua vs Lane vs RTS.


    Tevaga has a shoulder problem. I haven't seen or heard of a time line on his injury though.
    avatar
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Teeth Eater on Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

    Thanks RNDG, Rippin and Blain. Lawton not sounding great then, hey, lol.

    So my other left field curveball is D.Walker at CTR, now that he’s playing in the halves this week. Surely that sees him rake in at least the same scores as most current centres, but potentially more? Anyone know the long term plan here? Are Manly looking for half replacement, or will they stick with D.Walker for a while?

    Long story short, I need a CTR under $400k to see me through at least a few weeks. Ideally someone who can make some money too, should/when I need to upgrade.

    The options as I see it are Lawton, D.Walker and Capewell. All massive risks, but who’s the least risky?

    Sorry for bringing sensible discussions from the limelight with my bottom feeding questions. Wink I just need one curveball to pay off this year.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 am

    Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

    Posting some really solid, useful stuff mate, cracking addition to forum
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5625
    Reputation : 1201
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by my tv broke on Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am

    @wolfking wrote:Haven't had much time to look at my team this week due to my work schedule and was just looking to secure my second centre spot, but looking now there's a few things I can do if I just sit with Isaako a bit longer.  

    Thompson to Matterson via MBye is tempting.  Is Matterson not worth his current price tag?  Too late?

    I'm still going back and forth over Matterson or DCE or just holding Brown. I came to a final decision while lying in bed last night, but I can't remember what I decided (yes, sadly think about nrl fantasy while going to sleep...).

    I'm happy to hold Isaako for now, I'll be trading Gosie though.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5116
    Reputation : 1500
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am

    @Welshy wrote:Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

    Posting some really solid, useful stuff mate, cracking addition to forum

    Don’t let stew see this post! He’ll have a field day
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5625
    Reputation : 1201
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by my tv broke on Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am

    @Welshy wrote:Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

    Posting some really solid, useful stuff mate, cracking addition to forum

    There has been some really good discussion here in the last 24-48 hours!
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 696
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Honey Badger on Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

    With the dogs playing first it give us a good look at Martin. If he scores well and looks like a good cash cow then I might hold trades this week and bring him in next week.

    Seems to be new potential cash cows popping up every week.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by wolfking on Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I'm still going back and forth over Matterson or DCE or just holding Brown. I came to a final decision while lying in bed last night, but I can't remember what I decided (yes, sadly think about nrl fantasy while going to sleep...).

    I'm happy to hold Isaako for now, I'll be trading Gosie though.

    I just wonder if Matterson is this years Crichton, or is his purple patch going to come to an end at some point. Just seems like a lot for a guy that isn't quite gun status just yet.

    I'd toss Brown though mate, unfortunately.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    There has been some really good discussion here in the last 24-48 hours!

    100% mate great to see new posters offering so much

    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:44 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Don’t let stew see this post! He’ll have a field day

    Fuck Stew and his stupid satire
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I'm still going back and forth over Matterson or DCE or just holding Brown. I came to a final decision while lying in bed last night, but I can't remember what I decided (yes, sadly think about nrl fantasy while going to sleep...).

    I'm happy to hold Isaako for now, I'll be trading Gosie though.

    Go big and go Bhunt
    avatar
    Rapture_NRL

    Posts : 566
    Reputation : 156
    Join date : 2017-02-28
    Location : Earth

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Rapture_NRL on Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

    Had a look at Martin's player profile on the Bulldog's news page... Almost convinced me to get him this week just cause he seems like a good bloke, and good blokes always score well in fantasy right?
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5625
    Reputation : 1201
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by my tv broke on Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Go big and go Bhunt

    I took a phunt on Bhunt last year and he turned out to be a Chunt.

    Wary of his ability to maintain 50+ scores or will he just start turning consistent 30's again....

    Obviously playing in the #1 side is in his favour. Unfortunately he'll play origin which is a bit of a sticking point at this time of season.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I took a phunt on Bhunt last year and he turned out to be a Chunt.

    Wary of his ability to maintain 50+ scores or will he just start turning consistent 30's again....

    Obviously playing in the #1 side is in his favour.

    BHunt has always been a great defender and racks up tackles from half, just finding his kicking game niche in his new team and starting to take more away from Widdop, if that continues there’s only one way his scores are going for the rest of the year
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 3904
    Reputation : 1451
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Chewie on Thu May 03, 2018 8:52 am

    @Honey Badger wrote:With the dogs playing first it give us a good look at Martin. If he scores well and looks like a good cash cow then I might hold trades this week and bring him in next week.

    Seems to be new potential cash cows popping up every week.

    I still have Gosie and Doueihi in my team, either of those can easily be traded to Martin next week.

    I'm thinking of keeping Gosie around for a few rounds for hoolahoop purposes with Manly playing late in the round the next few rounds.
    I've kept Doueihi in the hope he got some more game time, but Arey seems to be keen on origin duty Shocked
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 3904
    Reputation : 1451
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Chewie on Thu May 03, 2018 8:53 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Fuck Stew and his stupid satire

    Chewie dislikes this
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

    Post by Welshy on Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am

    @Chewie wrote:

    Chewie dislikes this

    You would , Huey Chewie and Stewie

      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 am