NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Share
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 pm

    @luckynumber8 wrote:Crazy to attempt to hold Macca and bring in Rein to cover for him? I'm thinking at least until DCE drops cash or Cleary comes back then I can straight swap Macca to one of them.

    My team is ranked 464th with horrid centres and halves.

    Thinking of bringing in Aitken and Rein for Kennar and Isaako.

    Team before trades is

    Cook
    Arrow, Kikau
    Murray, J Turbo, Lolo
    JMK, Maloney
    Kennar, Haiku
    Teddy, Thompson, Ponga

    Smith, RFM, JFH, Macca
    Isaako, Doueihi, Croker, Gosie

    Thoughts?

    Leaves you with no cover, but I think it's a bit overrated. I just don't see how one could hold Macca. But with the team you have, you probably could get away with it, only if the stars lineup with the amount of weeks Rein gets starting while Macca is out. Wouldn't be ideal after a week or two having Macca on the bench plus a benched Rein where another trade will be needed while Macca still sits there. Aitken strengthens your centres. You just need to hope Macca is 4 weeks and not 6. he will drop more cash and will he stay 80 minutes now Niko doesn't have a spot?
    avatar
    luckynumber8

    Posts : 637
    Reputation : 164
    Join date : 2016-02-22

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by luckynumber8 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Leaves you with no cover, but I think it's a bit overrated.  I just don't see how one could hold Macca.  But with the team you have, you probably could get away with it, only if the stars lineup with the amount of weeks Rein gets starting while Macca is out.  Wouldn't be ideal after a week or two having Macca on the bench plus a benched Rein where another trade will be needed while Macca still sits there.  Aitken strengthens your centres.  You just need to hope Macca is 4 weeks and not 6.  he will drop more cash and will he stay 80 minutes now Niko doesn't have a spot?

    Probably a better idea to just do Macca and one of my centres to Fifita and Aitken. I refuse to pay 850k on halves, and DCE's 19 last week is exactly why.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 pm

    @luckynumber8 wrote:

    Probably a better idea to just do Macca and one of my centres to Fifita and Aitken. I refuse to pay 850k on halves, and DCE's 19 last week is exactly why.

    Points wise that's a no brainer. You can always get Macca back once he's 100% fit and back to 80 minutes and his price levels out.

    I'm with you on the halves and their prices. Was spewing for the last few weeks missing DCE but I remember how he screwed me last year and also refused to spend that coin on him, and even though he'll bounce back, last weekend justified those thoughts.

    Reklaw

    Posts : 53
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2017-06-08

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by Reklaw on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 pm

    @luckynumber8 wrote:Crazy to attempt to hold Macca and bring in Rein to cover for him? I'm thinking at least until DCE drops cash or Cleary comes back then I can straight swap Macca to one of them.

    My team is ranked 464th with horrid centres and halves.

    Thinking of bringing in Aitken and Rein for Kennar and Isaako.

    Team before trades is

    Cook
    Arrow, Kikau
    Murray, J Turbo, Lolo
    JMK, Maloney
    Kennar, Haiku
    Teddy, Thompson, Ponga

    Smith, RFM, JFH, Macca
    Isaako, Doueihi, Croker, Gosie

    Thoughts?

    Surely its not worth holding Macca, better to get the points now. Easy fix for your centre or half. You don't see Doughey and Croker as more urgent trades over Kennar or Isaako though?

    I would lean towards grabbing your second half or a centre. I'm also one of those that didn't jump on Rein last week, still tossing up whether I want to jump late and chase the cash or just go Sorro and see what happens. You should be able to afford a Doughey/Croker + Macca > Aitken + Rein.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by Welshy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Points wise that's a no brainer.  You can always get Macca back once he's 100% fit and back to 80 minutes and his price levels out.  

    I'm with you on the halves and their prices.  Was spewing for the last few weeks missing DCE but I remember how he screwed me last year and also refused to spend that coin on him, and even though he'll bounce back, last weekend justified those thoughts.
    problem with DCE now is deciphering if that score was an outliner or whether the off field stuff is affecting his and the teams performance

    I'd say outliner as previous worse score was 47 which is fantastic, but I would wait and see
    avatar
    luckynumber8

    Posts : 637
    Reputation : 164
    Join date : 2016-02-22

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by luckynumber8 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    problem with DCE now is deciphering if that score was an outliner or whether the off field stuff is affecting his and the teams performance

    I'd say outliner as previous worse score was 47 which is fantastic, but I would wait and see

    Yeah, with DCE's break even we can watch for a couple of weeks. I'd be happy to jump on him when he goes under 800k.
    avatar
    luckynumber8

    Posts : 637
    Reputation : 164
    Join date : 2016-02-22

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by luckynumber8 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 pm

    @Reklaw wrote:

    Surely its not worth holding Macca, better to get the points now. Easy fix for your centre or half. You don't see Doughey and Croker as more urgent trades over Kennar or Isaako though?

    I would lean towards grabbing your second half or a centre. I'm also one of those that didn't jump on Rein last week, still tossing up whether I want to jump late and chase the cash or just go Sorro and see what happens. You should be able to afford a Doughey/Croker + Macca > Aitken + Rein.

    The only thing holding us all back is Peats' return. I reckon he can still crack a couple of 50s and then a 25 off the bench so that's essentially 3 more rises.
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by mulvy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    WWYDW

    I think one of Surgess Brown has to go mate 

    I'd stay pat with Milf and upgrade JT, without his KM and missed tackle counts his floor is pretty low

    top half of team looks good and CTRs and WFB are fine, potentially Surgess/Brown 2RF cashie maybe Su'a and upgrade JT to DCE

    otherwise aim for Cogger/Sorenson and go Brown/Surgess to Murray and will leave plenty of cash

    Soz you already have Murray, maybe TLolo then for your cowboy fix but i think you have neoug in 2RF and need to get a half upgrade, Mbye is averaging over 50 discounting his headknock game with a low score of 40

    Your probably right about getting rid of Brown or Surgess, it's a lot to leave on the pine. Then again I did fine last week without Brown and Murray and this week a lot of teams will be missing SJ, Harris and having to deal with Macca amongst other problems. If I did do it though, I would probably keep Brown because he could be back next week and is better for looping. Also I would probably get Matterson instead of DCE. His price is on the way up which might be handy if he was to become SJ or Cleary in round 14 if it doesn't work out and I want to see how this whole Manly thing pans out. How does this look?

    Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Murray JFH RFM
    Milf Matterson
    Mitchell Isaako
    Ted Ponga JMK

    Rein, Kikau, 2 of (Havili/Gosi/Sorenson)

    Kennar Croker Brown. 235k

    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    problem with DCE now is deciphering if that score was an outliner or whether the off field stuff is affecting his and the teams performance

    I'd say outliner as previous worse score was 47 which is fantastic, but I would wait and see

    I'm sure it'll be a one off, but for non owners it's great to hopefully make his price drop a little before getting him in.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 pm

    @luckynumber8 wrote:

    The only thing holding us all back is Peats' return. I reckon he can still crack a couple of 50s and then a 25 off the bench so that's essentially 3 more rises.

    If Peats is fit, 25 points from the bench is pretty optimistic, but whatever the case is, first game back would still garuntee a price rise.
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1192
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Location : Chasing Rebel Scum

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm

    I forgot about Rhys Jacks. Still pretty sure Croft can still play Reggie’s even though he isn’t named, much like Luciano Leilua has done a few times this year
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6223
    Reputation : 1029
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm

    For my last reserve who would you pick out of:
    JFH, Su'a or Sorenson

    All probably will play 60 minutes. Currently on JFH as he's a middle forward & will be busier in defense. Plus all he needs is a couple of attacking stats to turn a 40 into a 50. Sorenson is up against the Titans & could chalk plenty of attacking stats. I rate Su'a as well as he's a busy player.

    Thoughts & thanks.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:For my last reserve who would you pick out of:
    JFH, Su'a or Sorenson

    All probably will play 60 minutes. Currently on JFH as he's a middle forward & will be busier in defense. Plus all he needs is a couple of attacking stats to turn a 40 into a 50. Sorenson is up against the Titans & could chalk plenty of attacking stats. I rate Su'a as well as he's a busy player.

    Thoughts & thanks.

    JFH I'd say, he's a safer option.
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by mulvy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    If Peats is fit, 25 points from the bench is pretty optimistic, but whatever the case is, first game back would still garuntee a price rise.

    He was averaging 22 from the bench and might get a few more minutes his first week back.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 pm

    Going to be tough to choose to turn Rochow into Soro or Sua, both have pros and cons, or skip them and turn Rochow into Dugan.

    With this years format, where are we thinking the cash generation will need to stop?
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by mulvy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:For my last reserve who would you pick out of:
    JFH, Su'a or Sorenson

    All probably will play 60 minutes. Currently on JFH as he's a middle forward & will be busier in defense. Plus all he needs is a couple of attacking stats to turn a 40 into a 50. Sorenson is up against the Titans & could chalk plenty of attacking stats. I rate Su'a as well as he's a busy player.

    Thoughts & thanks.

    JFH I reckon
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8365
    Reputation : 1409
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 pm

    @mulvy wrote:

    He was averaging 22 from the bench and might get a few more minutes his first week back.

    Yeah nice, didn't know that. Happy I took the punt last week, just need Peats to stay a couple a few more weeks.
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by mulvy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 pm

    @wolfking wrote:Going to be tough to choose to turn Rochow into Soro or Sua, both have pros and cons, or skip them and turn Rochow into Dugan.

    With this years format, where are we thinking the cash generation will need to stop?  

    When you have 18 guns. I'm way off......
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12035
    Reputation : 2390
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by Welshy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:For my last reserve who would you pick out of:
    JFH, Su'a or Sorenson

    All probably will play 60 minutes. Currently on JFH as he's a middle forward & will be busier in defense. Plus all he needs is a couple of attacking stats to turn a 40 into a 50. Sorenson is up against the Titans & could chalk plenty of attacking stats. I rate Su'a as well as he's a busy player.

    Thoughts & thanks.
    100% JFH

    others are both up in the air in terms of minutes and Su'a will need attacking stats to match him
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3272
    Reputation : 824
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 35

    Post by mulvy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:52 pm

    Forgot my manners before, thanks Welshy!

      Current date/time is Mon May 28, 2018 9:34 am