NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Share
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4479
    Reputation : 904
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    He has played the last two weeks in Q CUP. If Hampton plays again this week, I'd say its now coaches choice rather than injury holding Coote back.

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Being a Townsvillian I believe Hampton is actually beating Coote for the position ATM.

    Ive already taken the punt, last round brought in Hampton. He looks physically stronger this year, i never thought id have Hampton in a fantasy side of mine. His BE and possible cash making worth the risk. Reliant on Coote staying put though. Cheers gents, interesting as until recently it looked like when and not if Coote comes back.
    avatar
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 2706
    Reputation : 846
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 am

    @WT Winfield wrote:In all seriousness, I have Murray and Arrow and assume they're still underpriced.

    Gallen.. He's getting old.. Where's Revs..

    I know I'm not Rev but a big Paul Gallen and sharks member

    Mentioned this on Sunday

    No Bukuya the past couple weeks, will be back round 7
    55 minutes looks about Gallens norm this year as well, unless there is a trend on him going back to playing big minutes ? (I doubt that is the intention)
    He almost plays as a prop these days due to all the back rowers in the team and sharks lacking size and middle forwards on the bench so don't need him playing big minutes, more quality ones.
    So the fact he played 70 last week and his high score came with it means he is on notice but this may not be the norm going forward.

    He is looking as fit as ever but at 37 in order to prolong his career and help transition the younger players in I can't imagine he will play big minutes again unless due to injury.
    In the past few years he has realised this 'new role' as well so a lot of the responsibility has been shared so it's not a huge shock when he retires

    If Fifita and Prior continue to play bigger minutes too then it doesn't leave much for Capewell (20 mins)/Paulo (25 mins) + (Bukuya who plays 50-60 mins) so thee minutes have to be shared around

    I believe once Bukuya is back that helps give you a true understanding on how he will play in the team and another week or 2 to see how he goes, you are buying a keeper after all.
    With a BE of 43 even if he scores 60 he only goes up 20k in price

    In a nutshell = Paul Gallen is a wait and see, not urgent


    Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Loomer

    Posts : 2528
    Reputation : 390
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Loomer on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 am

    @wolfking wrote:

    Cotric even on the wing in the centres is actually still worth it IMO.


    He got 8pts last game on the wing with 2 try saves
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12095
    Reputation : 2689
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by SI on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

    Happy Birthday to Mod-in-waiting StormTroopers!
    avatar
    Loomer

    Posts : 2528
    Reputation : 390
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Loomer on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

    Fifi against Dragons last time 48pts in 61 mins. Any reason to think he won't score similar and can wait a week?
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9624
    Reputation : 1625
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 am

    @Loomer wrote:

    He got 8pts last game on the wing with 2 try saves

    Oh.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9624
    Reputation : 1625
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 am

    @Loomer wrote:Fifi against Dragons last time 48pts in 61 mins. Any reason to think he won't score similar and can wait a week?

    This is the only year I haven't started with Fifita and I was thinking the same thing. His scores have been pretty average apart from the last game, so I'm not 100% sold he is back to the old school Fifita we know. Saying that, he should be scoring 70 every week.
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1480
    Reputation : 485
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Fortitude on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 am

    What are we thinking Ricky will do with halves/hookers this week?

    No Williams, you assume the Austin comes straight in. Not sure if Hingano is haswoken from his on field slumber yet. More minutes for Havili? or do they bring in Garvey as cover?

    Not expecting a lot from Havili. But after last week, you'd think he has another 50k in him.
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1421
    Reputation : 227
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Location : Chasing Rebel Scum

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 am

    @SI wrote:Happy Birthday to Mod-in-waiting StormTroopers!

    Cheers Mate! Beer Stuck at work today

    If I reach 10'000 posts before a reach 1'000 reps is that the same thing?
    avatar
    Cap'n Ranta

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2017-02-28

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Cap'n Ranta on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:53 am

    @Fortitude wrote:Looking at trades this week, im in bit of a bind.

    Currently have the following people lining up for the chopping block.

    Isaako, (James Roberts is the big problem, that and the Gronkos not scoring trys)
    Doughi, ( Game time and will bleed cash)
    Griffen,  (Game time, despite being told he would be an 80min player, might see for one more week)
    RFM, (Bulldogs)
    Maloney, (Allergic to defensive points)
    Nichols, (was looking to trade last week, after this weeks score, has a bit more $ to make)
    Godinet, (game time and overall mediocrity)
    Havilli. (Finally played decent minutes, scored well, looks a hold but tempted to sell as he I stand to benefit most $$ from selling)

    Four of which are in my 1-17.

    Id like to try and trade two players out of my EMG, to get one decent player.  At least Doughi and someone to hopefully Aitken.

    Potential trades
    Havili + Doughi = Aitken (To replace Isaako in starting 17) and a player @212k not sure who.

    Any thoughts


    Griffin, RFM are wait and sees. Solid 17 scorers that will at worst hold cash (potential for more).
    Maloney isn't great to watch but has heaps of cash left in him and is a solid 2nd half option/cover.
    Nichols and Havili making cash still.
    I learnt my lesson last year with cheap centres. Centre is the last position I will seek to fix as it saves trades and while Isaako hasn't been great he's scoring where he is priced at with the potential for more. If you can see money elsewhere I'd definitely do that first.

    That just leaves Godinet and Doueihi who have peaked in their current roles. Together they give you 717k plus whatever is in your bank.

    Without team lists its hard but I'd be looking at both of them to a new cashie (JFH, Holmes, JMK, other TLT name). Don't see the cash to get a new CTR unfortunately unless you want GI or have 50k ITB.

    Agree that Aitken (616k) is a solid keeper but hes also priced a fair bit more than Dugan(535k), Cotric(538k), GI(444k) etc. Also has a fair injury history of his own and is likely priced at his season best whereas there may be something in the other guys.

    Can you wait on the Cotric selection? Least injury prone and the Wighton situation surely clears up this week but admit the timing is awkward with Doueihi being the trade out.

    If you want a non CTR/true gun you probably need to cut one of RFM or Griffin with Doueihi. That'll leave 961-975k + bank to get 2 players. Players like Gallen, Munster, Pearce and Koro are around this price pending your cash ITB / how cheap the 2nd player you get is.

    Suggest with the limited cash in trade outs its best to look at your whole team than a 1-for-1 basis. If you are one of the coaches that is constantly choosing one of Lodge, Rochow, kikau and Griffin to play I'd lean more towards cutting Griffin early. But based on the above although it feels worse I'd look into the two new cows option.

    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 1182
    Reputation : 286
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 am

    Anyone else have big Paul Vaughan? I bought him in as a keeper, he’s scored a 38 and 36 last 2 games.
    Should I hold him for now?
    I could turn him into arrow?


    Last edited by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Bullbender

    Posts : 545
    Reputation : 243
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Bullbender on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 am

    @Honey Badger wrote:Those who didnt start with Smith when are you planning to bring him in? After origin? I dont think he's gonna be any cheaper but will be a pain if he gets rested over origin
    I think im gonna grab him this week. Other than goal kicking he is doing everything and maybe a bit more as croft hasnt fired yet as expected and doubt he will become any cheaper
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1421
    Reputation : 227
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Location : Chasing Rebel Scum

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 am

    I am one of the few people that probably didn't start with Teddy. He is priced at 48.3 (725K) and his BE is 42. Has he bottomed out yet?
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 8079
    Reputation : 2834
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 am

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:I am one of the few people that probably didn't start with Teddy. He is priced at 48.3 (725K) and his BE is 42. Has he bottomed out yet?

    Barring injury he probably won't get much cheaper than he is now. Depends if you want to try and get every last $1 of savings or not

    I think you want to bring him in soon, or wait until after origin.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4479
    Reputation : 904
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 am

    @WT Winfield wrote:In all seriousness, I have Murray and Arrow and assume they're still underpriced.

    JFH is probably still possible next week at his price.

    Tom Trb perhaps injury clouded?

    Gallen.. He's getting old.. Where's Revs..

    Haha, i am not 100% myself. With Bukuya to come back, but there others who couldve taken the minutes if not Gallen. I feel we will see Gallens minutes waiver, depending on need/game flow/injuries elsewhere etc.. and wanting to keep him in fettle as it is not only this year but possibly next year he may play through. Micro minutes managed i guess. But fantasy wise we all would like to see top minutes each week from here on out i know.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9624
    Reputation : 1625
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 am

    @Onthebeatpete wrote:Anyone else have big Paul Vaughan? I bought him in as a keeper, he’s scored a 38 and 36 last 2 games.
    Should I hold him for now?
    I could turn him into arrow?

    That's a tough one. I'd be reluctant to trade him personally, but can see the concern. I don't own him but I haven't been paying attention to his minutes and why the lowish scores the last few weeks.
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 4101
    Reputation : 1585
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Chewie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:04 am

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Cheers Mate!  Beer Stuck at work today

    If I reach 10'000 posts before a reach 1'000 reps is that the same thing?
    Happy B'day!

    Happy B'day:
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 9624
    Reputation : 1625
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by wolfking on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am

    Happy Birthday StormTrooper! cheer
    avatar
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1421
    Reputation : 227
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Location : Chasing Rebel Scum

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

    @Chewie @Wolfking Cheers for the Bday wishes! Only 22 but I feel about 80
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1480
    Reputation : 485
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

    Post by Fortitude on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

    @Cap'n Ranta wrote:

    Griffin, RFM are wait and sees. Solid 17 scorers that will at worst hold cash (potential for more).
    Maloney isn't great to watch but has heaps of cash left in him and is a solid 2nd half option/cover.
    Nichols and Havili making cash still.
    I learnt my lesson last year with cheap centres. Centre is the last position I will seek to fix as it saves trades and while Isaako hasn't been great he's scoring where he is priced at with the potential for more. If you can see money elsewhere I'd definitely do that first.

    That just leaves Godinet and Doueihi who have peaked in their current roles. Together they give you 717k plus whatever is in your bank.

    Without team lists its hard but I'd be looking at both of them to a new cashie (JFH, Holmes, JMK, other TLT name). Don't see the cash to get a new CTR unfortunately unless you want GI or have 50k ITB.

    Agree that Aitken (616k) is a solid keeper but hes also priced a fair bit more than Dugan(535k), Cotric(538k), GI(444k) etc. Also has a fair injury history of his own and is likely priced at his season best whereas there may be something in the other guys.

    Can you wait on the Cotric selection? Least injury prone and the Wighton situation surely clears up this week but admit the timing is awkward with Doueihi being the trade out.  

    If you want a non CTR/true gun you probably need to cut one of RFM or Griffin with Doueihi. That'll leave 961-975k + bank to get 2 players. Players like Gallen, Munster, Pearce and Koro are around this price pending your cash ITB / how cheap the 2nd player you get is.

    Suggest with the limited cash in trade outs its best to look at your whole team than a 1-for-1 basis. If you are one of the coaches that is constantly choosing one of Lodge, Rochow, kikau and Griffin to play I'd lean more towards cutting Griffin early. But based on the above although it feels worse I'd look into the two new cows option.


    Thanks for the write up mate. Its looking like I may need to look to cull either or both of Godinet and Doughi. And leave my playing 17 basically as is. AS you said, there is a lot of wait and see on the popular cows atm, see if they can repeat previous weeks points or continue to make money. Think im better off making one trade than none, just to bank a bit of coin to help fund upgrades down the track. Im contemplating a Godinet to 212k player who isn't playing and keeping one player with a red dot.

      Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 am