NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 am

luckynumber8 wrote:Is Lodge to JFH a waste of a trade? I am looking at the cash generation as Lodge seems to be slowing down.

I too am holding Smith and am looking at Carty to Maloney and the Lodge to JFH trade.

Other option is Carty to a 212k player (No more cash generating) and Lodge to a Mattersen or similar priced half.

Team after those tentative trades will be:

Macca
    Arrow, Kikau,
    Murray, Jurbo, RFM
    Maloney, Croker (LOL)
    Hiku, Isaako (DOUBLE LOL)
    Tedesco, Thompson, Ponga

Reserves
    Smith, Cook, Griffin, Rochow

EMG
    JFH,TPJ,Kennar, Douehi

I know I have two potential guns in my EMG but it's all about the cash at the moment..

Carty to Maloney is okay, but I think you should just hold the second trade mate.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

Verbal Kint wrote:
    Thinking:
    - Keeping Smith
    - Avoiding Maloney
    - Nicholls in the 17 as he'll pick up some mins over the next couple of games (junk options left anyway)
    - Doueihi gets one more week to see how he goes from the bench
    - No centre cover is a worry. Will look at that next week

Swap Croker and Doueihi as I'm uncertain as to the minutes for the bench utility and if SJ is a surprise late withdrawl again you can get Croker as an AE instead of a <15min Doueihi.

As for your thoughts:

- Agree keep Smith. Unless you want to go hard for overall in which case going to Macca/Friend has its appeal.
    - You have super strong halves so Maloney to you is purely a Cash Cow. Not as exciting a prospect as for those replacing Carty, Doueihi, Croker, JMK etc.
    - Hoping he starts myself as I still have him but yeah. Not exciting but an extra 40k helps all the same. No real cows to go to
    - Negative BE means you should keep but likely an urgent trade next week if he gets the limited minutes I expect
    - Meh. CTR trading should be avoided where possible. You waste so many trades in that position if you get too caught up there. I'd wait till its an issue. But I'm looking to Dugan and Inglis as possible keepers.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:20 am

JMK v Maloney loophole is in effect this week. Probably fail spectacularly haha
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:24 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Swap Croker and Doueihi as I'm uncertain as to the minutes for the bench utility and if SJ is a surprise late withdrawl again you can get Croker as an AE instead of a <15min Doueihi.

As for your thoughts:

- Agree keep Smith. Unless you want to go hard for overall in which case going to Macca/Friend has its appeal.
    - You have super strong halves so Maloney to you is purely a Cash Cow. Not as exciting a prospect as for those replacing Carty, Doueihi, Croker, JMK etc.
    - Hoping he starts myself as I still have him but yeah. Not exciting but an extra 40k helps all the same. No real cows to go to
    - Negative BE means you should keep but likely an urgent trade next week if he gets the limited minutes I expect
    - Meh. CTR trading should be avoided where possible. You waste so many trades in that position if you get too caught up there. I'd wait till its an issue. But I'm looking to Dugan and Inglis as possible keepers.

Ranta mate I love reading your view on everything. Always give some great feedback.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:25 am

Toovey has applied for the vacant Kiwis coaching job. I actually like this.

Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 am

wolfking wrote:I'm going to try a semi loophole for myself.  Obviously TPJ is touch and go, but I'm going to give myself a potential free look at Whitehead.  Whitehead 5 on the bench, TPJ 4.  If TPJ plays and Whitehead only gets a 35, then TPJ is in.  If Whitehead goes 50+, Kennar goes into number 4.  If TPJ doesn't play, I'm stuck with Whiteheads score anyway, so no loss.  I think it'll work.  Have RFM tonight too but he has more attacking opportunities in him for points.  Whitehead it's hard to see where his average will go from here.  Hopefully he can get to 40 in base stats but after last week, it's hard to see, especially playing on the edge.  Don't want to dump him yet though as he's playing well and I like watching him play.

There is a thread for this kind of drivel!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

As for your thoughts:

Nice one, thanks for that

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

If I decide to keep Smith I am running with Hampton to partner DCE just for shits and giggles.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am

Buramada wrote:
    wolfking wrote:I'm going to try a semi loophole for myself.  Obviously TPJ is touch and go, but I'm going to give myself a potential free look at Whitehead.  Whitehead 5 on the bench, TPJ 4.  If TPJ plays and Whitehead only gets a 35, then TPJ is in.  If Whitehead goes 50+, Kennar goes into number 4.  If TPJ doesn't play, I'm stuck with Whiteheads score anyway, so no loss.  I think it'll work.  Have RFM tonight too but he has more attacking opportunities in him for points.  Whitehead it's hard to see where his average will go from here.  Hopefully he can get to 40 in base stats but after last week, it's hard to see, especially playing on the edge.  Don't want to dump him yet though as he's playing well and I like watching him play.

The Loophole thread is more for asking HOW to do it to keep it in one place as a point of reference. Mentioning it in general play isn't an issue.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 am

Have any of you been watching the fantasy lounge youtube videos? I've had the most recent one playing in the background today. There's some good stuff in there I reckon, but also some very questionable statistical analysis and analogies. Filter out the shit and theres actually some quite good stuff there. Downside is the video is over an hour.

Link if you have the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG3mzafxpQQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am

megaturtle wrote:I honestly don't know what to do with my team. I can Reverse the Smith to Macca trade if I have to but can anyone give me a hand? (Referring mostly to Turbo)
    NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 5 Fantas10

You need to upgrade your halves rather than your hooker

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:38 am

Woot, some draft jiggery pokery

Recent transactions

Kodi Nikorima
    HLF, HOK Free Agents The Usual Suspects-
    Robert Jennings
    CTR, WFB The Usual Suspects- Free Agents
    James Graham
    FRF Free Agents The Usual Suspects-
    Joseph Tapine
    2RF The Usual Suspects- Free Agents
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:38 am

Buramada wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 5 L0pq7h
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 am

Buramada wrote:

You need to upgrade your halves rather than your hooker

Yup, I agree.

Looks like a team primed for Jimmy Maloney to step in for Carty.

Then I'd hold off on the 2nd trade until 4pm Saturday to see if Turbo is still there once the drop out 2 more guys. At that point you might wanna look at a WFB cover. An option I can see there could be to trade out JBrom for a keeper C (you are gonna need to get them at some point). Then use Isaako as cover for Turbo.

Im just not a big fan of forfeiting a scoring position unless you absolutely have to.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am

White Lightning wrote:Toovey has applied for the vacant Kiwis coaching job. I actually like this.

I can jump on that bandwagon. After Kearney and Kidwell though I'd probably have taken Ricky bloody Stuart
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am

Any chance Havili scores decent this week?
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 am

SI wrote:

The Loophole thread is more for asking HOW to do it to keep it in one place as a point of reference. Mentioning it in general play isn't an issue.

Totally figures there would be a loophole on the loophole thread...

It seems to be a kind of a form of veganism, without the environmental benefits. I mean, I can tolerate people doing it, but it is the incessant need to tell everyone about it.

I remember at the time of creating the thread, it was suggested it was a way of making the main thread less boring.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 am

My scores so far:

hehe, so consistent
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:54 am

Buramada wrote:

Totally figures there would be a loophole on the loophole thread...

It seems to be a kind of a form of veganism, without the environmental benefits. I mean, I can tolerate people doing it, but it is the incessant need to tell everyone about it.

I remember at the time of creating the thread, it was suggested it was a way of making the main thread less boring.

I think you need to relax a bit mate. It's just banter and thoughts, but I'll keep it to the thread to make you happy.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am

Man. There's been so much animosity the last few weeks. Is everyone OK? Need a chat? Frustrated with your team? Real life? It's a long season guys, and we won't make it to October at this rate

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm