NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12713
    Reputation : 2557
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Welshy on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 pm

    @Rapture_NRL wrote:Not sure it's been mentioned, but if Thompson scores 32 he goes up 100k... Locked in and I don't even regret it lol
    $50,000 if you trade him in this week
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1628
    Reputation : 326
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:Surely Ricky Stuart plays Havili longer than 30 minutes this week. They were worse with Sezer at hooker and the Titans ran over the top of them when he was at hooker.

    Be livid if he doesn’t. Raiders looked decent with an actual hooker out there. Raced away to a lead.

    Disappointing despite being one of life’s arseholes, he doesn’t have the balls to drop the likes of a Sezer. Someone called it earlier that it’s unfortunate little Sam will become the scapegoat. Still that doesn’t bode too badly for Havili. He’s a keep for now and until this halves thing is resolved and while ever Garvey is not on interchange
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2542
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm

    @Rapture_NRL wrote:Not sure it's been mentioned, but if Thompson scores 32 he goes up 100k... Locked in and I don't even regret it lol

    I don't think it's possible for a player to go up 100k in a single week in fantasy.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2542
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:

    Be livid if he doesn’t. Raiders looked decent with an actual hooker out there. Raced away to a lead.

    Disappointing despite being one of life’s arseholes, he doesn’t have the balls to drop the likes of a Sezer. Someone called it earlier that it’s unfortunate little Sam will become the scapegoat. Still that doesn’t bode too badly for Havili. He’s a keep for now and until this halves thing is resolved and while ever Garvey is not on interchange

    I was waiting and waiting for Havili to come back on the field because the Titans were running over the top of them, but it never happened until the last 5-6 minutes. It was just confusing how he left a legitimate half at hooker for such a long period while they were getting steamrolled.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7856
    Reputation : 2745
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    I don't think it's possible for a player to go up 100k in a single week in fantasy.

    Of course its possible, the price per point has gone up by over 60% from last year. Price rises will go up accordingly
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1628
    Reputation : 326
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 pm

    Nofo on extended bench hasn’t slowed down the Thompson trading none. I have couple of other bigger priorities than non DPP winger with rubbish fixtures, but good first up performance.

    Griffin is the Must for me
    Murray is a would have if not for the above
    Doueihi is a nice enabler but Williams tempts at his price too. Didn’t realize he was so low.

    Likely move:
    SST/Katoa to Griffin/Williams (or Doueihi and bank)

    Maverick Move:
    SST/Croft to Crichton/Doueihi
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2542
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Of course its possible, the price per point has gone up by over 60% from last year. Price rises will go up accordingly

    Thompson's BE was low prior to this round, right? He scored almost 50 more than his BE and only went up 55k. A player would have to beat their BE by a shit ton to go up 100k, right?
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 2198
    Reputation : 1272
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Moose on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

    Short term cash grab (Doueihi) or longer term position holder (Williams)?

    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 2198
    Reputation : 1272
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Moose on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:05 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    Thompson's BE was low prior to this round, right? He scored almost 50 more than his BE and only went up 55k. A player would have to beat their BE by a shit ton to go up 100k, right?
    A ton in Fantasy is never shit, unless you don't own the player.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:05 pm

    Gotta be Griff @GM.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm

    Going to crank out the lappy login to see if it fixes the bench shuffle/not saving etc.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4556
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    Thompson's BE was low prior to this round, right? He scored almost 50 more than his BE and only went up 55k. A player would have to beat their BE by a shit ton to go up 100k, right?

    If he scores 70+ he might go pretty close to 100k in a single round.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7856
    Reputation : 2745
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 pm


    What are people's expectations of Kikau.

    Last year he averaged 14 as a bench player playing 22 minutes (coincidence? he scored a try in his first game of the year and then never again)
    If he replicates that he'll make another $40k or so and then stop.

    He really needs to replicate the big minutes he got last weekend (and ideally gran a couple of tries to be useful)

    Those of us who panic traded him out last week are regretting it, but will bringing him back in give much benefit.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4556
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 pm

    This is my lot

    Smith
    SST, Lodge
    Merrin, RFM, Arrow
    Croft, Carty
    Aitken, Kennar
    Ted, Walker, Ponga

    Cool, Rochow, Griffin, Kikau
    Nicholls, Havili, Hiku, Katoa

    What would you guys do in this case?
    avatar
    wt00

    Posts : 190
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by wt00 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:12 pm

    Can see Aloiai making the 17 for the tigers. Could impact rochow continuing to play 80.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    What are people's expectations of Kikau.

    Last year he averaged 14 as a bench player playing 22 minutes (coincidence? he scored a try in his first game of the year and then never again)
    If he replicates that he'll make another $40k or so and then stop.

    He really needs to replicate the big minutes he got last weekend (and ideally gran a couple of tries to be useful)

    Those of us who panic traded him out last week are regretting it, but will bringing him back in give much benefit.

    You still dont see this year as any different ? Minutes wise i mean
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2684
    Reputation : 603
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by rhinoceroo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

    Who kicks for Souths? Walker, Cook or Douehi?
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1628
    Reputation : 326
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:This is my lot

    Smith
    SST, Lodge
    Merrin, RFM, Arrow
    Croft, Carty
    Aitken, Kennar
    Ted, Walker, Ponga

    Cool, Rochow, Griffin, Kikau
    Nicholls, Havili, Hiku, Katoa

    What would you guys do in this case?

    I’m only replacing SST because I have no other easy route to Griffin, already awkwardly price

    In your place is honestly save my trades I think. Maybe Hiku in for Kennar this week and maybe 1 move - Katoa to Douehi and bench carty instead of Kikau
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by danseels1985 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 pm

    Proposed trades this week
    Katoa to Thompson
    Nicholls to Doueihi
    116k in the bank

    Smith
    Fifita Lodge
    Murray Arrow RFM
    Croft Cartwright
    Mitchell Kennar
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

    Cook
    Lichaa
    Griffin
    Kikau

    Rochow
    Doueihi
    Isaako
    Croker

    Any other suggestions guys?
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1628
    Reputation : 326
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    What are people's expectations of Kikau.

    Last year he averaged 14 as a bench player playing 22 minutes (coincidence? he scored a try in his first game of the year and then never again)
    If he replicates that he'll make another $40k or so and then stop.

    He really needs to replicate the big minutes he got last weekend (and ideally gran a couple of tries to be useful)

    Those of us who panic traded him out last week are regretting it, but will bringing him back in give much benefit.

    I’m a massive Kikau fan and owner but agree. The bench and forward depth make him a big first-17 risk when you compare him against the likes of an RMF or even Rochow

      Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:11 am