NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Share
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2542
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm

    Just wondering why the breakevens are different on this website http://nrlfantasy.com.au/breakevens.php compared to the graphic posted in the OP?
    avatar
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 87
    Reputation : 41
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Doughy is a perfect trade target for Katoa.

    That was my thinking as well, but now I feel like I'm missing the gravy boat with Thompson. Trading out Nicholls to get both is another option
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11829
    Reputation : 2576
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by SI on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

    @Norco wrote:
    @Random wrote:

    What do you mean? Like remaining Salary cap? Your salary doesn't go up, but players prices fluctuate so that is how you make money.

    Was just freaking out because the app is shithouse.  I got Rank 259 and only had $9k salary still, yet all my players went up a heap, was just freaking out Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Great opening rank mate. Salary doesn't change; just your bank when trading and player prices.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11829
    Reputation : 2576
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by SI on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:Just wondering why the breakevens are different on this website http://nrlfantasy.com.au/breakevens.php compared to the graphic posted in the OP?

    The Magic Number is dynamic and a "best guess". MTB and Milchy used a slightly different MN, the majority are only about by a couple of points apparently.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 2542
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 pm

    @SI wrote:

    The Magic Number is dynamic and a "best guess".  MTB and Milchy used a slightly different MN, the majority are only about by a couple of points apparently.

    Ah right. Yeah most are only a couple off which isn't a big issue was just wondering.
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 733
    Reputation : 88
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Honey Badger on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 pm

    @Dttragic2016 wrote:Anyone else thinking 0 trades this week? My team isn't great (Had Katoa starting WFB, now have Hiku starting WFB without any cover).

    I've got Kikau, Griffin, Rochow, Arrow, Kennar and Havili. Missed out on RFM and will look to bring Murray in 1-2 weeks.

    But I'm thinking I'm happy to forgo the 30-60k n price rises to guarantee that RFMs role is 80 mins for sure, or give guys like SST or Lichaa a 2nd chance.

    Thoughts?

    No harm in having another look. Id say murray will be more consistent so id wait for him
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1646
    Reputation : 626
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by code delta on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm

    @Loomer wrote:The thing that worries me about Douehi is all potential trade outs have played then suddenly Farah or Sutton comes in late mail
    Why would Doughy be named in the starting line up if he wasn't going to play?
    I don't reckon Seibold is into mind games.
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1472
    Reputation : 841
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 97
    Location : Fishing or golfing somewhere

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

    It’s taken a while to catch up with the posts, but fuck me I’ve had some lols Laughing

    Doueihi starting means that he’ll have a spot all year. Reynolds has turned to shit and I’m glad he’s gone. This kid can really play. You’ll see. Straight in my team.....see ya Croft. Now I’ve got $313k in the bank. As for the comment from (I won’t embarrass you) that Walker will take control of the team....just  lol! He couldn’t run a fuckfest in a brothel. He’s an opportunist, not an organiser. If Reynolds gets back into the team, it will probably be Walker gone or Doueihi into the centres.

    As for the comment regarding Murray being a suspect buy with suspect minutes..hahaha. I got him before any other player this year. He is an absolute gun. I reckon he’ll play 80 mins all year. Maybe he gets a little rest this week, but he’ll still score 60+ this week and the sky is the limit later. If you don’t get him ASAP, you’re nuts. Sutton, Burgess and Crichton will be getting reduced minutes so this kid can do his stuff. If you don’t believe me, go look at his last 3 games last year. He’s a future Australian captain. You heard it here first.

    One other thing, whoever came up with Curray is a flipper. There is a reason for Surgess, Turgess, Gurgess and other similar short cuts.....because there are others with the same surname. There are no other Murray’s, so knock it off. It’s stupid.

    Have a nice evening  Very Happy


    Last edited by Rabbit on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5211
    Reputation : 1522
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

    I put $5 on SST to score a try this weekend just so the bugger doesn't after I traded him out!
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 733
    Reputation : 88
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Honey Badger on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Doughy is a perfect trade target for Katoa.
    Only one trade for me this week.
    The lads will run out like this

    Smith(C)
    SST, Lodge
    Brown, RFM, Arrow
    Croft, Cartwright
    Hiku, Croker
    Ponga, Dufty, Edwards

    Lichaa, Cook, Doughy, Rochow

    Hopefully another big week from the back 3

    Nice work on the Edwards pick. I really wasnt that keen on spending all that cash on teddy. If he didnt score those two tries in the trial i prob would have looked at other options like Edwards
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4799
    Reputation : 1143
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Archer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

    What i like about you Rabbits is that you're a kind soul and you make sure you don't step on any toes. There is a sensitivity in your posts that i can only envy.
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1646
    Reputation : 626
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by code delta on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

    @Go Refs wrote:So new team this wee with Katoa out and Kenner in.
    Any thing else I should be looking at this week?
    C. Smith
    T. Pangai Junior  M. Lodge
    R. Faitala-Mariner T. Merrin C. Murray
    J. Thurston B. Croft
    L. Mitchell P. Hiku
    K. Ponga R. Tuivasa-Sheck R. Kennar

    Damien Cook
    V. Kikau
    M. Nicholls
    B. Cartwright
     
    S. Havili
    S. Siua Taukeiaho
    L. Croker
    J. Isaako

    Thanks!

    SST starts as reserve over Nicholls surely.
    Isaako over Hiku maybe.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 12713
    Reputation : 2557
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Welshy on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

    @Rabbit wrote:It’s taken a while to catch up with the posts, but fuck me I’ve had some lols  Laughing

    Doueihi starting means that he’ll have a spot all year. Reynolds has turned to shit and I’m glad he’s gone. This kid can really play. You’ll see. Straight in my team.....see ya Croft. Now I’ve got $313k in the bank. As for the comment from (I won’t embarrass you) that Walker will take control of the team....just  lol! He couldn’t run a fuckfest in a brothel. He’s an opportunist, not an organiser. If Reynolds gets back into the team, it will probably be Walker gone or Doueihi into the centres.

    As for the comment regarding Murray being a suspect buy with suspect minutes..hahaha. I got him before any other player this year. He is an absolute gun. I reckon he’ll play 80 mins all year. Maybe he gets a little rest this week, but he’ll still score 60+ this week and the sky is the limit later. If you don’t get him ASAP, you’re nuts. Sutton, Burgess and Crichton will be getting reduced minutes so this kid can do his stuff. If you don’t believe me, go look at his last 3 games last year. He’s a future Australian captain. You heard it here first.

    One other thing, whoever came up with Curray is a flipper. There is a reason for Surgess, Turgess, Gurgess and other similar short cuts.....because there are others with the same surname. There are no other Murray’s, so knock it off. It’s stupid.

    Have a nice evening  Very Happy

    Everyone knows Murrays potential Rabs
    Not stupid to wait a week or 2 until he works back his match fitness after being injured pre season

    I'm keeping Lichaa to make the jump to Murray next week
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5211
    Reputation : 1522
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

    Alright with Rabbits predictions I am definitely not getting Curry/NuFac in this week


    Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1472
    Reputation : 841
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 97
    Location : Fishing or golfing somewhere

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm

    @Archer wrote:What i like about you Rabbits is that you're a kind soul and you make sure you don't step on any toes. There is a sensitivity in your posts that i can only envy.

    Thank you. I’m glad you noticed Very Happy
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4799
    Reputation : 1143
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Archer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm

    Also, don't know much about Curray so will defer to your expert opinion re FAC, but the little i saw of him last week he looked a bit... average?
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4799
    Reputation : 1143
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Archer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm

    Excited Fishing
    Give me some of that spray old mate, lets see what you got!
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1472
    Reputation : 841
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 97
    Location : Fishing or golfing somewhere

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Everyone knows Murrays potential Rabs
    Not stupid to wait a week or 2 until he works back his match fitness after being injured pre season

    I'm keeping Lichaa to make the jump to Murray next week

    Apparently not. And when one of your hacks can gets injured next week, you still won’t be able to bring him in. Lol.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5211
    Reputation : 1522
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

    @Archer wrote:Excited Fishing
    Give me some of that spray old mate, lets see what you got!

    I tried to bait him. Hes having none of it.. Good on him!

    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4799
    Reputation : 1143
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

    Post by Archer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    I tried to bait him. Hes having none of it.. Good on him!

    The NuFac was a nice touch. Think I'll be using that one from now on.

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:18 pm