NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The Betting Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5398
    Reputation : 1819
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 pm

    @No Worries wrote:Why are the Dragons favorites over the Broncos ?

    Undeserved question marks over the halves pairing for the Broncos. And forward rotation
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5398
    Reputation : 1819
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:56 pm

    Also FAC still out and Thaiday as hooker.

    I'm staying away from that game now.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4556
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm

    He guys is this worth a punt in your opinion or are these markets best avoided?

    Souths 11-20 @$4.00
    Souths 21-30 @$7.50

    $50 on each for a $100 spend

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:He guys is this worth a punt in your opinion or are these markets best avoided?

    Souths 11-20 @$4.00
    Souths 21-30 @$7.50

    $50 on each for a $100 spend

    Thoughts?

    Im not a fan of these options.

    If you think Souths are gonna pump them why not just take the points start (-6.5)? Means you buy yourself a few extra points at the front end, covering for the very real possibility Souths win by 7 to 10 points, and if its a real whipping you still win too. Given that if you won with the above bet it would more likely be a $200 return, if you took the safer option of -6.5 you'd basically the same return but for far less risk.

    I should add, my perspective comes from many years of gambling where, while one or two points might not seem much on a bet by bet basis, over the long run you'd be surprised how many bets are won and lost be a point.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4556
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm

    I guess that's the safe play. Was thinking of pairing it with Roosters points start.

    Probably too risky?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I guess that's the safe play. Was thinking of pairing it with Roosters points start.

    Probably too risky?

    If you are serious about making money you don't multi things up - that's gambling 101.

    If you are just keen for a bit of fun, then by all means.

    My previous post was assuming the former.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5398
    Reputation : 1819
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:48 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:

    Im not a fan of these options.

    If you think Souths are gonna pump them why not just take the points start (-6.5)? Means you buy yourself a few extra points at the front end, covering for the very real possibility Souths win by 7 to 10 points, and if its a real whipping you still win too. Given that if you won with the above bet it would more likely be a $200 return, if you took the safer option of -6.5 you'd basically the same return but for far less risk.

    I should add, my perspective comes from many years of gambling where, while one or two points might not seem much on a bet by bet basis, over the long run you'd be surprised how many bets are won and lost be a point.

    I could not tell you how many times junk time points won and loss me bets by half a point. It's actually insane how often this has happened. When it works in you're favour you feel lucky af and when you lose it's the worst feeling.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4556
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm

    Well think I'll go for the Rabbits -6.5

    No Mannering, Rabbits near full strength, oh and it's in PERTH!!
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Well think I'll go for the Rabbits -6.5

    No Mannering, Rabbits near full strength, oh and it's in PERTH!!

    Good luck mate!
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:34 pm

    Highlanders 13+ for me tonight @ $1.6
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4518
    Reputation : 1666
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by No Worries on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm

    I can't believe Penrith opened favourites an Parra were paying 2's. It's since reversed but got on early for 4 units
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

    I cant believe the odds for the Bulls tonight in super rugby. Bulls and Crusaders look like they will win.
    Nrl - Roosters/Rabbits/Storm.

    All 5 to salute.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4518
    Reputation : 1666
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by No Worries on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

    Took an absolute bath this week. Couldn't pick my own nose
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:11 pm

    Indeed. Wipe out
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4518
    Reputation : 1666
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:00 pm

    1st step at redemption tonight.

    Bunnies seem over priced after the way Penny started last week
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am

    If you go for 'Round 1 top 5 low score' in golf. And your player ends up equal top 5 low score, like happens alwaus in golf obviously with all the congestion, is that still bagged ? Seems generous given about 20 guys are all equal top five.
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3001
    Reputation : 718
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Krump on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 am

    @Revraiser wrote:If you go for 'Round 1 top 5 low score' in golf. And your player ends up equal top 5 low score, like happens alwaus in  golf obviously with all the congestion, is that still bagged ? Seems generous given about 20 guys are all equal top five.
    The %'s on those markets are huge though, they allow for it.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 am

    @Krump wrote:
    The %'s on those markets are huge though, they allow for it.

    Cheers Krump. Had Tiger last night round 1. Went to smooth haha. 3.40 was gud i thought, off the back of last week.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4428
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:16 am

    @Krump - thats come up as a loss... do u think some agencies have rules that affect top 5 ruling in golf ?
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3001
    Reputation : 718
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The Betting Thread

    Post by Krump on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:@Krump - thats come up as a loss... do u think some agencies have rules that affect top 5 ruling in golf ?
    Sounds shonky as fuck if they do. I just checked sportsbet and their rule is below, which bookie did you use and I'll have a look.

    115. Finishing positions
    Finishing position is decided by result posted by the governing body of that tournament (i.e. PGA Tour, European Tour.) Example of finishing position: if a player finishes in a tie for a position e.g. tied 10th he is deemed to have finished 10th.
    If a player is disqualified, retires injured or withdraws they will be deemed to have finished last.
    Should 36 holes not be completed then all bets on this market will be void.
    Players must complete 3 holes or more for bets to stand.

    EDIT: I see what you've done now, Tiger wasn't 5th he was 7th. Since there were multiple people tied for second and fourth there wasn't anyone who actually finished fifth.

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm