NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Shanbon wrote:ive seen a few people waiting on DPP changes prior to kick-off. Has NRL Fantasy posted somewhere today that they will be updating? As far as i know they dont want a repeat of last year and will only make those changes at the set times throughout the year (i cant remember what weeks they were)
    Lone Scout said sometime tomorrow
    SlitherySloths
    SlitherySloths

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9

Post by SlitherySloths Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm

CS9
    AFB, Lodge
    Harris, Whitehead, Merrin
    Croft, Cartwright
    Leilua, Hiku
    Tedesco, Katoa, Ponga

Reserves:
    Cook, Liu, Rochow, Griffin

NPR:
    Nicholls, Kikau, Croker, Kennar

Kinda like this team,
    opinions?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm

thanks, i just read it myself in the fantasy article about team lists. Not sure it will make me change my team but will add flexability to some guys

the funny thing is i think the same thing that happened last year will happen again, guys will get DPP then either not play there or only play 1 week there.

Last edited by Shanbon on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm

SlitherySloths wrote:CS9
    AFB, Lodge
    Harris, Whitehead, Merrin
    Croft, Cartwright
    Leilua, Hiku
    Tedesco, Katoa, Ponga

Reserves:
    Cook, Liu, Rochow, Griffin

NPR:
    Nicholls, Kikau, Croker, Kennar

Kinda like this team,
    opinions?

I like it! Not sold on AFB but hat Sea Eagles bench is that bad he must be playing some good minutes

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm

CTR is doing my head in, I don’t really like anyone, for now I’ve gone with Aubbs & Inglis, out of pure hope I wont have to touch the position from there, with Isaako as WFB/CTR coverage in case of emergency
    Blain
    Blain

Post by Blain Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Thoughts on Whitehead? I already have 3 starting second rowers. With the Raiders bench I can see him getting a spell potentially? I'm thinking going for him, or RFM over Murray on the bench for now, and potentially bring Murray in at a later stage if he looks the goods.

Also how many minutes are we thinking for L Leilua.. Worth holding? Or better to upgrade to a RFM/Rochow.

Team lists make it bloody harder!

I'm thinking of going for a terrible centre pairing, like Isaako and Hiku to start with. Isaako will obviously be changed when Bird comes in. I just can't see any centres around the $300k range making coin ATM
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Blain wrote:Thoughts on Whitehead? I already have 3 starting second rowers. With the Raiders bench I can see him getting a spell potentially? I'm thinking going for him, or RFM over Murray on the bench for now, and potentially bring Murray in at a later stage if he looks the goods.

Also how many minutes are we thinking for L Leilua.. Worth holding? Or better to upgrade to a RFM/Rochow.

I'm thinking of going for a terrible centre pairing, like Isaako and Hiku to start with. Isaako will obviously be changed when Bird comes in. I just can't see any centres around the $300k range making coin ATM

I stacked my 2RF

Whitehead, Brown, Harris, RFM, Murray (now looking for replacement)

but with so much value there in there with the likes of Rochow/Nicholls/Fualao etc who should all go 30+

I'm second guessing stacking it and tightening up the back 5

whitehead present some great value at lock

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Blain wrote:

Not a fan of that idea, I think you must have one reliable scorer in that position.

Hayne/BJ/Mitchell are popular options.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Blain wrote:Thoughts on Whitehead? I already have 3 starting second rowers. With the Raiders bench I can see him getting a spell potentially? I'm thinking going for him, or RFM over Murray on the bench for now, and potentially bring Murray in at a later stage if he looks the goods.

If both players are only scoring 20 you are going to have real difficultly upgrading them, ones an acceptable risk i think, 2 could be genius or suicide
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 pm

surmo13 wrote:CTR is doing my head in, I don’t really like anyone, for now I’ve gone with Aubbs & Inglis, out of pure hope I wont have to touch the position from there, with Isaako as WFB/CTR coverage in case of emergency

Doing my head in too.

if Inglis is fit he is the best value available (assuming he gets DPP tomorrow)

Then the question is whether to partner him with Hiku (and then either have no cover, or Isaako/Kennar on the bench) or fomd someone else and have Hiku on the bench.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Im really wary of the cheap Rabbitoh forwards, they have a big middle forward bench and with Surgess likely to get big minutes the others wont be getting big minutes themselves (Murray the most likely to get 2nd most followed by TBurgess imo)
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 pm

whats Cooks avg when playing 80min or close to it? Is he a (c) option this week?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Isn’t it just nice to see a sea of green dots in your side Smile

Long may it continue...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Have quite a few players everyone else has, have updated my entire team with a write up for each player so feel free to take a look in my thread which will get updated...Might be some useful info in there..
    Been a busy couple of hours digesting and double checking stats since the team lists came out.. Enjoy

Smith
    SST Lodge
    Whitehead RFM Griffin
    Croft Cartwright
    Leilua Hiku
    Tedesco Ponga CWalker

Cook Lichaa Arrow Nicholls

LCroker Katoa Havili Mckendry

____________________________________________________________________________
    Cameron Smith HOK - Priced at 63 points, 917K Predicted 65+ points

Safe captain, work rate may even lift due to more responsibilty with Cronk gone. First player picked
    Nothing more to be said here
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Sio Siua Taukeiaho FRF/2RF - priced at 36 points, 535K Predicted 45 points (pending FRF to be added to make DPP)
    Since 2015 he has played prop just once but as a lock but he averages 52 minutes for 45 points there.
    This will be a similar role in the middle of the field to FRF so his work rate shouldn't change here

He has also been given the kicking boots this season and with a good Roosters teams should get some extra points from goals.
    With a high PPM of 0.86 that doesn't diminish with more minutes and with a few 2 point goal kicks his points will mount up

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Matt Lodge FRF priced at 25 points, 365k Predicted 35 points
    A lot has been said about him so will keep it simple.
    Big guy, can play solid minutes and ball play. Crap Human

______________________________________________________________________________
    Elliot Whitehead 2RF priced at 41 points, 604k Predicted 50 points
    With the move to lock Elliot should still score well and if anything more consistently.
    Has a high workrate off base stats and capable of playing 80 minutes in the centre
    Previously has averaged 50 and with not playing in the halves or at centre then should go back to that
    He is the sort of player that is capable of going bigger and into gun status

______________________________________________________________________________
    Slade Griffin 2rf/Hok priced at 26 points, 382k Predicted 40 points
    He has been given the starting spot in the Knights linuep so thinking he should get some decent minutes based on the bench
    While Watson and Buhrer can both fill in, I believe he should still get at least what Levi did last year (64 minutes)
    At a PPM of 0.8 this would give him 51 points but this is based on a small sample size of 5 games and a few unknowns
    Medium risk and one I will gamble with over some of the similar placed 2rf on offer.
    If he can score alright and make some decent cash then I will be happy, worst case he can be safely moved to a missed cow

________________________________________________________________________________
    Raymond Faitala Mariner 2RF priced at 27 points, 389k Predicted 40 points
    Has finally been given a start and with a good trial/off season looks to be the goods
    When starting in the backrow and playing at least 60 minutes he averages 47
    Small sample size but regardless of where he plays his PPM is 0.75 so only needs 50 minutes to average 37 points
    Think he will should get 60+ minutes easily on the edge and be great value

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Brodie Croft HLF priced at 38 points, 558k Predicted 45 points
    Cronks doppleganger and understudy and will finally get to run the team.
    Has played 4 games and averaged 55 but scored a couple tries in these games which won't happen
    However based on trial form and in a decent Storm outfit then seems like he is up for a big 2018
    Hard to predict what he earns and not a lot of value buys in the halves this year but worth starting with

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Bryce Cartwright HLF/2RF priced at 22 points, 325k Predicted 40 points
    At a new team and being the Titans premier signing will start at lock.
    While he loves a missed tackle he makes up for it in attack and will be given free licence to roam and pop up on the field.
    When starting in the backrow he averages 73 minutes at 50 points.
    If he can get 80% of this then he is great value and worth the gamble as long as he can remain injury free and out of trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    Peta Hiku CTR/WFB priced at 20 points, 283k Predicted 30 points
    Hiku isn't a bad option compared to someone like Kennar as he has a track record of averaging 30 points his entire career (which isn't terrible compared to more of an unknown)
    DPP and 30% ownership on Hiku too so a very safe option if he bombs out then we all do.
    Have had more expensive centres in my team like Mitchell but there has to be a sacrifice somewhere so have opted to here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    Joseph Leilua CTR priced at 33 points, 486k Predicted 40 points
    Average overall for his career is 39 points and had an off year last year.
    I believe he can push back to his normal average and potential to go even higher (averaged 49 in 2016)
    For his price he is worth a gamble, loves a fend and off load and perhaps with different halves and a good Raiders draw can get back to his best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    James Tedesco WFB priced at 52 points, 761k Predicted 55 points
    One of my splurges and has been in and out of my team all preseason.
    Someone that can go huge on his day but the unknown is how he does in a Roosters team with other gun players.
    Not prepared to risk going without him and have opted for a reliable scorer in a volatile position.
    While he may not earn a lot of $$$ , the difference between a 50 average at the back or an unknown nuffie scoring 10 points can break your season.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kalyn Ponga WFB priced at 41 points, 552K Predicted 45 points
    Another very popular choice so won't go into details here.
    When playing 80 minutes he averaged 49 and is capable of matching even Tedesco on his day.
    Simply put if he can play like he did at the Cowboys then should be in for a big year but worst case should be a consistent scorer

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cody Walker HLF/WFB priced at 43 points, 627k Predicted 50 points  
    New Year, New cotract and Walker looks back to his best based on the trials.
    When he was happy and playing in the halves he was killing it but at the back end of last year he hit a poor spot of form.
    I think he can get back to at least his career average of 47 but if he can remain settled in his position and with Reynolds injury record he can push for more.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Damian Cook HOK priced at 34 points, 503k Predicted 50 points
    With potential to finally get 80 minutes, great pre season form and a Rabbitohs team on the up he could be in for a huge year.
    When he gets at least 70 minutes he averages 57.No farah on the bench. That is all

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Michael Lichaa HOK priced at 36 points, 533k Predicted 45 points
    When he has played more than 60 minutes last year he averaged 46 (he played 2 games off bench for under 10 minutes and x4 low 30 minute ones)
    And that is in a year where he played poor with basically no attack or runs out of Dummy half.
    Not a fan of his in real life but looks fit and healthy this year so seems a good option, looks happy and has mentioned he is allowed to 'play his natural game'.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jai Arrow FRF/2RF priced at 28 points, 409k Predicted 35-40 points (pending FRF to be added to make DPP)
    The other big purchase by the Titans with big wraps on him.
    Will start off for at least a couple weeks in the front row, similar player to Jarod Wallace and has great potential.
    When he has played around 45 minutes he averages 37 points though this has been off the bench.
    This is more a buy looking towards the later part of the season, provides DPP cover for me as well

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mark Nicholls FRF/2RF priced at 16 points, 228k Predicted 30-35 points (pending FRF to be added to make DPP)
    Not alot to go off here but has probably been the Rabbitohs best forward in the pre season, big guy with a big engine.
    Think he will get at least 40 minutes and this should net him at least 30 points. (When playing off bench he has a 0.83 PPM but the one time he played 47 minutes he scored 45 mainly in base stats)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm

4 guys I think you are crazy not to have in your team.

Damien Cook
    BE 34 - averages 48 in 61 minutes when starting hooker. Farah's bench presence is pretty much irrelvant. Cook is value as long as he starts and plays good minutes.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    BE 27. Averages 39 as starting 2nd rower (in 45 minutes) If he plays 60+ minutes he will average over 40 easily.

Brodie Croft
    BE 38. Averages 55 in his 5 games as starting half. They are try heavy, so average will drop but IMO very little chance he drops below his starting price all season

Kalyn Ponga
    BE 38  Average as fullback 49. Gets the bonus of goalkicking this year.  OK the last 2 Knights round 1 fullbacks have been major disappointments. He could well drop his average down from last year. he is still majorly underpriced.

Last edited by Milchcow on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:Im really wary of the cheap Rabbitoh forwards, they have a big middle forward bench and with Surgess likely to get big minutes the others wont be getting big minutes themselves (Murray the most likely to get 2nd most followed by TBurgess imo)

Don't see any worry with Nicholls. Even at worst he scores 25-30 and raises above $400k. Murray, yes, steering clear.
    Blain
    Blain

Post by Blain Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:

If both players are only scoring 20 you are going to have real difficultly upgrading them, ones an acceptable risk i think, 2 could be genius or suicide

Yeah would be rolling the dice, would have to hold out for a cash cow coming along. With virtually no centres worth carrying on the bench, even with DPP, 2 sub $300k guys could be trouble.

I'm now actually thinking Hayne.. As much as I don't like the guy, I think back at the Eels and being in a better team without the responsibility, could see him do some decent damage this year. Had to get rid of Watson to fit him in.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    4 guys I think you are crazy not to have in your team.

Damien Cook
    BE 34 - averages 48 in 61 minutes when starting hooker. Farah's bench presence is pretty much irrelvant. Cook is value as long as he starts and plays good minutes.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    BE 27. Averages 39 as starting 2nd rower (in 45 minutes) If he plays 60+ minutes he will average over 40 easily.

Brodie Croft
    BE 38. Averages 55 in his 5 games as starting half. They are try heavy, so average will drop but IMO very little chance he drops below his starting price all season

Kalyn Ponga
    BE 38  Average as fullback 49. Gets the bonus of goalkicking this year.  OK the last 2 Knights round 1 fullbacks have been major disappointments. He could well drop his average down from last year. he is still majorly overpriced.

Nice work Milchy, if you are posting the same things then I know I am on the right path
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Tyson Frizell...Hello again my friend
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Have quite a few players everyone else has, have updated my entire team with a write up for each player so feel free to take a look in my thread which will get updated...Might be some useful info in there..
    Been a busy couple of hours digesting and double checking stats since the team lists came out.. Enjoy
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mark Nicholls FRF/2RF priced at 16 points, 228k Predicted 30-35 points (pending FRF to be added to make DPP)
    Not alot to go off here but has probably been the Rabbitohs best forward in the pre season, big guy with a big engine.
    Think he will get at least 40 minutes and this should net him at least 30 points. (When playing off bench he has a 0.83 PPM but the one time he played 47 minutes he scored 45 mainly in base stats)
    He was a solid worker and scorer when he played for the raiders, not a flashy player or a gun IRL but he's dependable and puts in.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:17 am