NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

We need a thumps up emoticon thing

standard-issue
    standard-issue

We need a thumps up emoticon thing - Page 2 Empty Re: We need a thumps up emoticon thing

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:05 am

Laugh 3

Vomit
    Moose
    Moose

We need a thumps up emoticon thing - Page 2 Empty Re: We need a thumps up emoticon thing

Post by Moose Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:14 am

Test

:poop:
    :Rapana:

:RapanaSuit:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Moose wrote:Test

:Rapana:

:RapanaSuit:

It worked! A+
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Suggestion: Remove the down vote button. That way it removes negativity. If you agree/like a comment you can thumbs up, if you don't agree/like a comment you can just move on.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Finch wrote:Suggestion: Remove the down vote button. That way it removes negativity. If you agree/like a comment you can thumbs up, if you don't agree/like a comment you can just move on.

Yeah, looked at if it was possible a couple of years ago. At that stage we could arrange the way the votes were used, but the actual reputation system itself was either on or off. Will have another look but I truly believe the down vote has it's purpose, and just lately we've been using it a lot more for team selections/recommendations which has been pretty handy as a quick and easy way to garner feed back.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:04 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, looked at if it was possible a couple of years ago.  At that stage we could arrange the way the votes were used, but the actual reputation system itself was either on or off.  Will have another look but I truly believe the down vote has it's purpose, and just lately we've been using it a lot more for team selections/recommendations which has been pretty handy as a quick and easy way to garner feed back.

That's true. I guess it does serve a purpose there. Maybe how the forum could work is automatically on every message there is only a thumbs up button. However if you are asking "Thumbs up to trade player x, thumbs down for player y" you can tick a box upon creating your message which would enable the thumbs down button.

Hopefully that makes sense?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Finch wrote:

That's true. I guess it does serve a purpose there. Maybe how the forum could work is automatically on every message there is only a thumbs up button. However if you are asking "Thumbs up to trade player x, thumbs down for player y" you can tick a box upon creating your message which would enable the thumbs down button.

Get rid of them both if people are going to sook about it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Pain wrote:
    Finch wrote:

Get rid of them both if people are going to sook about it.

For me it's particularly about seeing the newer posters who haven't settled in yet cop downvotes that might mean they don't feel liked or welcome. If they don't understand the dynamic then they may just go somewhere else, and that sucks. Conversely, getting some upvotes may help people feel welcome.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Finch wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yeah, looked at if it was possible a couple of years ago.  At that stage we could arrange the way the votes were used, but the actual reputation system itself was either on or off.  Will have another look but I truly believe the down vote has it's purpose, and just lately we've been using it a lot more for team selections/recommendations which has been pretty handy as a quick and easy way to garner feed back.

Yep, completely mate. Will have a look into it over the next couple of days and run it past everyone if it's doable Very Happy
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:50 pm

SI wrote:

For me it's particularly about seeing the newer posters who haven't settled in yet cop downvotes that might mean they don't feel liked or welcome.  If they don't understand the dynamic then they may just go somewhere else, and that sucks.  Conversely, getting some upvotes may help people feel welcome.

Yep good call. Need to be more generous with the upvotes.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:27 am

I'm fighting my childish urge to down vote the last half dozen posts.

I think the use of it as a voting tool on team selections was genius.Would be a shame to lose that functionality.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 pm

Suggestion: A Shrug emoji, or another kind of emoji to fit in between the thumb up and down button, has no effect on reputation though. Sometimes I want to thumbs up/down a post, but I kind of agree with what they are saying, I would like to give them a "neutral" Shrug

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07 am