NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

No Worries wrote:
    So he intended to make an illegal tackle just not on purpose ?

I know you're intending to be this dumb on purpose, It's not hard to grasp, you can intend to hit some-one and accidentally hit them in the wrong place.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon May 21, 2018 4:17 pm

As for Bennett's comment on is "Are you telling me a finger pull is worse than Napa breaking Sims’ jaw with a reckless tackle?" Yes Wayne. Because Thaiday made a deliberate attempt to injure an already injured player and that's disgusting.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 21, 2018 4:58 pm

ryno_ wrote:You've said it should be a penalty. So you agree it's against the rules and therefore defined as either intentional, reckless or careless. Because that's what the rules say.

But it shouldn't be a sin bin because it "wasn't careless" so now is back to being _not_ any of those 3 and now not against the rules.

Fuck me, you don't even know your own point anymore, you're so focused on being contrary, you've tied yourself in knots.

I said I can cop a penalty because they penalise ugly looking things - whether they are right or wrong.

ryno_ wrote:

Is... Is that controversial?

How 2 blokes can smash their heads together and it not be at least "careless" on the part of the one whose responsible for not touching the other's head is a pretty bold arguement but good on you for sticking with it. It's not some shared responsibility they both dropped the ball on - its the defenders job to not impact the head and he failed at that through his carelessness. Accidental, sure. But that's not a defence.

Cool so when two tacklers go in to tackle someone and they end up hitting each other in the head, is it careless? no, its an accident. Sometimes there are accidents, and its no ones fault.

Napa has his left shoulder leading, and he is turning to the side - hes not aiming for sims head. It unfortunately hits sims head. As I said, penalty would be enough, sin bin is crazy considering the high shots etc that you see that dont end up with sin bins.

Also, fuck off bennett
    Its not misconduct.
    Again, is only coming out and speaking to distract from the fucking near terrible form of his players. Its only reason he every speaks to the media.
    He is even wrong bringing up the thiaday thing - because thiaday purposefully and intentionally tried to hurt someone in an illegal way.
    Napa tried to put on a big hit - it ends in a head clash. Fuck off bennett.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 am

Pieman wrote:

I said I can cop a penalty because they penalise ugly looking things - whether they are right or wrong.

So you're ok with things being penalised, even if they aren't against the rules?

Of all the dumbarse things you've ever said (and there's a fucking lot of them), this is the dumbest. Congratulations. That is no mean feat.

Pieman wrote:
    Cool so when two tacklers go in to tackle someone and they end up hitting each other in the head, is it careless? no, its an accident. Sometimes there are accidents, and its no ones fault.

Napa has his left shoulder leading, and he is turning to the side - hes not aiming for sims head. It unfortunately hits sims head. As I said, penalty would be enough, sin bin is crazy considering the high shots etc that you see that dont end up with sin bins.

If the defender has one area on the ball carrier he can't hit (the head) and he ends up hitting that area accidentally, that is by definition, at an absolute minimum "careless". That simply cannot be sanely argued against... but look who we're talking to here.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 pm

ryno_ wrote:

So you're ok with things being penalised, even if they aren't against the rules?

Of all the dumbarse things you've ever said (and there's a fucking lot of them), this is the dumbest. Congratulations. That is no mean feat.

If the defender has one area on the ball carrier he can't hit (the head) and he ends up hitting that area accidentally, that is by definition, at an absolute minimum "careless". That simply cannot be sanely argued against... but look who we're talking to here.

seriously? they penalise things that look ugly all the time - even tho there is nothing illegal about it. I can handle that, because they do it all the time.

No its not, not all accidents are careless. When there is a bunch of unpredictable fast moving parts, sometimes things just bang together and its no ones fault.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

Throw the leagues club at Bellamy

If this does go through, expect Munster to be up in Nth Qld right after.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 pm

MrCashman wrote:Throw the leagues club at Bellamy

If this does go through, expect Munster to be up in Nth Qld right after.

Nth QLD or Brisbane ? You suggesting a Milf fire sale ? Gotta love a cheap Milf, especially if someone else is paying half the bills.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 23, 2018 2:24 pm

wonder how strongly the football cap spending is gonna be enforced, some of the rumours re a contract for bellamy from either side seem like it would use up a lot of that budget
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed May 23, 2018 2:40 pm

leaguegod wrote:wonder how strongly the football cap spending is gonna be enforced, some of the rumours re a contract for bellamy from either side seem like it would use up a lot of that budget

$2m for 2 coaches of a $5.7m budget. Not an issue. There's a clause.

In addition, clubs who exceed the football department salary cap will be liable for a 37 per cent luxury tax on the amount they have overspent.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 23, 2018 9:55 pm

No Worries wrote:

$2m for 2 coaches of a $5.7m budget. Not an issue. There's a clause.

In addition, clubs who exceed the football department salary cap will be liable for a 37 per cent luxury tax on the amount they have overspent.

The football department salary cap is a cute idea......but the reality is that the NRL can't even manage the player salary cap and thus would have Buckley's chance of effectively managing something of this magnitude.

To ensure clubs are freely allowed to make sound business decisions, exemptions would need to be constantly allowed, basically to the point where the cap would be a farce.

Anyway the info seemed to be pretty vague the last time this was discussed and it may have grown legs (that I'm not aware of) since that time.....but I personally just can't see this becoming a viable idea.

In terms of all the Bellamy/Bennett stuff, pretty clear it's merely a continuation of the media grudge and a disappointing beat up on the eve of what should be a celebrated milestone for the best coach in the history of the game.

Bellamy has earned good respect/kudos over the years but from a Broncos perspective, he hasn't yet earned the right to push a club legend aside based on timing of his current contract.

Unless Bennett's keen to take up a coaching director's role early (assuming he might do that from 2020 onward), my thoughts are that Bennett would be our coach next season and Bellamy is welcome to come sit alongside him or undertake a sabbatical to freshen up for 2020.

Alternatively, there are plenty of other good coaches (e.g. Kevvie) who would be lining up to be next in line.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    Alternatively, there are plenty of other good coaches (e.g. Kevvie) who would be lining up to be next in line.
    yep, Kevvie has a a good record. Shocked
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

The football department salary cap is a cute idea......but the reality is that the NRL can't even manage the player salary cap and thus would have Buckley's chance of effectively managing something of this magnitude.

To ensure clubs are freely allowed to make sound business decisions, exemptions would need to be constantly allowed, basically to the point where the cap would be a farce.

Anyway the info seemed to be pretty vague the last time this was discussed and it may have grown legs (that I'm not aware of) since that time.....but I personally just can't see this becoming a viable idea.

In terms of all the Bellamy/Bennett stuff, pretty clear it's merely a continuation of the media grudge and a disappointing beat up on the eve of what should be a celebrated milestone for the best coach in the history of the game.

Bellamy has earned good respect/kudos over the years but from a Broncos perspective, he hasn't yet earned the right to push a club legend aside based on timing of his current contract.

Unless Bennett's keen to take up a coaching director's role early (assuming he might do that from 2020 onward), my thoughts are that Bennett would be our coach next season and Bellamy is welcome to come sit alongside him or undertake a sabbatical to freshen up for 2020.

Football salary cap can/will never be enforced

Info has firmed $5.7m includes everything from medical to coaching. But see point 1.

Bennett like his supporters are living in the past. Like Jack Gibson, Anderson, Ryan & Gould evolution always finds a way. The game moves on. The dinosaurs go extinct. There's no disrespect it's like a lion taking over a pride. The strongest survive and their genes transcend the next generation.

Bennett as a coaching director over Bellamy would be untenable and never happen.

If Bennett went before the end of the season, you could put the house and the surrounding suburb on Kevvie. Bennett flicked him because he could see the writing on the wall, if Kevvie didn't go, Bennett would have. It was a power play.

Bennett's initial stint at the Bronco's and the privatisation of the club with Super League included part of his contract paid in shares which made him a major share holder. Whether he has divested those shares or carried them on as a conflict of interest as he coached other teams, I don't know. But if he still has the shares, buckle in for a shit storm of epic proportions.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 pm

No Worries wrote:

Football salary cap can/will never be enforced

Info has firmed $5.7m includes everything from medical to coaching. But see point 1.

Bennett like his supporters are living in the past. Like Jack Gibson, Anderson, Ryan & Gould evolution always finds a way. The game moves on. The dinosaurs go extinct. There's no disrespect it's like a lion taking over a pride. The strongest survive and their genes transcend the next generation.

Bennett as a coaching director over Bellamy would be untenable and never happen.

If Bennett went before the end of the season, you could put the house and the surrounding suburb on Kevvie. Bennett flicked him because he could see the writing on the wall, if Kevvie didn't go, Bennett would have. It was a power play.

Bennett's initial stint at the Bronco's and the privatisation of the club with Super League included part of his contract paid in shares which made him a major share holder. Whether he has divested those shares or carried them on as a conflict of interest as he coached other teams, I don't know. But if he still has the shares, buckle in for a shit storm of epic proportions.

Sorry mate but undoubtedly tactics evolve over time but like any good manager Bennett is smart enough to employ relevant assistant coaches to adapt to and keep up with these changes.

What hasn't changed for over 100 years is managing people and getting the best out of these people.....and whether you like it or not, this is a skill that usually improves over time and it certainly has with Bennett (particularly when you start incorporating reputation and aura).

Regardless of what happens with Bennett, the mistake the media and yourself make is that the club won't be bending over backwards to get Bellamy.
    He's good but he's not that good.

A scandalous falling out makes for good reading but I personally just don't think it is the case.
    Unless Bennett steps aside, at this stage the role won't be up for grabs until 2020, thus I'm sure the club will stand their ground and it will be up to Bellamy to figure out what he wants to do next year.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed May 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Sorry mate but undoubtedly tactics evolve over time but like any good manager Bennett is smart enough to employ relevant assistant coaches to adapt to and keep up with these changes.

What hasn't changed for over 100 years is managing people and getting the best out of these people.....and whether you like it or not, this is a skill that usually improves over time and it certainly has with Bennett (particularly when you start incorporating reputation and aura).

Regardless of what happens with Bennett, the mistake the media and yourself make is that the club won't be bending over backwards to get Bellamy.
    He's good but he's not that good.

A scandalous falling out makes for good reading but I personally just don't think it is the case.
    Unless Bennett steps aside, at this stage the role won't be up for grabs until 2020, thus I'm sure the club will stand their ground and it will be up to Bellamy to figure out what he wants to do next year.

It's when the assistant coaches are seen more highly than yourself it becomes a problem. You said yourself, if you couldn't have Bennett than Kevvie.

You would be splitting hairs to argue not the best people manager in the game ever. Very few realise how much is psychological.

Now it gets grey. Any club would bend over backwards to get Bellyache. But it would cost the Broncos an extra million for him to sit out a year. Note this would be covered by 3rd party illusions because he's not contracted. Bennett isn't going to go early without a scandal. As good as reading that-may be, it's a publicly listed company with shareholders. It would mean a CEO or the like going too. Doing the right thing by the Clydesdales (is that what they call themselves these days) and White will walk into a similar CEO role. Bennett seems to have the upper hand, but he may have over played it.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu May 24, 2018 7:19 am

What does Bellamy's wife do? Can she pour beers at the leagues club 1 shift a week for a salary?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 am

ryno_ wrote:What does Bellamy's wife do? Can she pour beers at the leagues club 1 shift a week for a salary?

We've always got a surprisingly well paying position available in the Broncos canteen for her.....
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

We've always got a surprisingly well paying position available in the Broncos canteen for her.....

Position's vacant since Bennett's Newie crumpet gave him the ultimatum Darius or me.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu May 24, 2018 8:29 am

No Worries wrote:

Position's vacant since Bennett's Newie crumpet gave him the ultimatum Darius or me.

She should have known better
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 24, 2018 8:56 am

ryno_ wrote:What does Bellamy's wife do? Can she pour beers at the leagues club 1 shift a week for a salary?
    Not only can she pour them but she does it so well its worth a million bucks a year.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 am

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 32 Screenhunter_02-sep-23-2345-300x219

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 pm