NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:18 pm

surmo13 wrote:

the more you post the more i think you're one of those accounts that pretends to be a fan of a team and then trolls by bagging the shit out of them, even when we knocked over one of the 2 undefeated teams in the league last week you couldn't bring yourself to actually support the team you claim to support.

Because I'm not happy how much the club has fucked it's playing roster over the past 3 years, I'm not a fan? Lol come off it. Been supporting them since I was an infant and I'm in a state where 90% of people don't give a shit about the sport. Travelled interstate many times to watch them play.

I guess you're happy with how Boyd's going?
    What about the hooker depth, how's that?
    Thaiday, Sims, what about them?
    Would you rather keep Bennett for more years than get Bellamy?

I celebrate wins like any other fan, that doesn't mean criticizing the club for it's clear faults means I'm not a true fan. What rubbish.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Chris garry and brent read reported last night that jarrod wallace is probably going back to the bronx next season on less $$$
    whats with this less money horse shit that always comes up regarding brissy. do they just say it to annoy other teams? there is nofuckingway players go there to take less money these days.

Ice wrote:What's with the sook from Bennet again walking out after being asked about his possible successor?

Seriously, there isnt a grumpier or bigger ego in The game than Bennett at the moment. He is a train wreck.
    again, attempting to draw attention away from his team's performance

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:54 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Because I'm not happy how much the club has fucked it's playing roster over the past 3 years, I'm not a fan? Lol come off it. Been supporting them since I was an infant and I'm in a state where 90% of people don't give a shit about the sport. Travelled interstate many times to watch them play.

I guess you're happy with how Boyd's going?
    What about the hooker depth, how's that?
    Thaiday, Sims, what about them?
    Would you rather keep Bennett for more years than get Bellamy?

I celebrate wins like any other fan, that doesn't mean criticizing the club for it's clear faults means I'm not a true fan. What rubbish.

criticism is a-ok, hell i've been doing my share of it as well, but if I were for some weird reason unable to watch/hear about football and was only given your posts here a a guideline to how the Broncos are travelling this year, I'd assume we were winless with the worst roster in the league, daylight coming a distant second....

We're playing well below what our talent is capable of and there are still 7 teams worse than us, we've unearthed some genuine players of the future in Isaako & Pangai, Su'A is coming along nicely, we have the most talented crop of juniors in the comp on the cusp of selection, Sure, this year hasn't been up to our lofty standards, but it's not like we are on the way down.

If you're a true fan, then i am sorry for calling it into question, but surely if you were to look at it from the outside looking in, you would see where i was coming fro, the only difference between your posts here and those to come into this thread to start shit is that you refer to the Broncos as 'we'

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Ice wrote:What's with the sook from Bennet again walking out after being asked about his possible successor?

Seriously, there isnt a grumpier or bigger ego in The game than Bennett at the moment. He is a train wreck.

Oh please, imagine if your job had a weekly press conference where you were supposed to talk about the work you had to do, but then week after week, journalists ignore that and instead spend the whole time questioning you about who will doing your job after you're gone, wonder how long it would take for you to crack the shits.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Oh please, imagine if your job had a weekly press conference where you were supposed to talk about the work you had to do, but then week after week, journalists ignore that and instead spend the whole time questioning you about who will doing your job after you're gone, wonder how long it would take for you to crack the shits.

it was 1 week Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone working in an office doing more than answering phones and keying orders would have to front up to a meeting to discuss what will be delivered this week. And it's not unusual for the discussion to take a different tangent you are unprepared for or for you to be put on the spot based on deliverables to date. May be he's home life is taking a toll and effecting his work.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Pieman wrote:

it was 1 week Laughing

except it wasn't, this week it was Bellamy, the week beforehand it was Green and the week before that it was Walters

No Worries wrote:Anyone working in an office doing more than answering phones and keying orders would have to front up to a meeting to discuss what will be delivered this week. And it's not unusual for the discussion to take a different tangent you are unprepared for or for you to be put on the spot based on deliverables to date. May be he's home life is taking a toll and effecting his work.

except he's not fronting a meeting, he's holding a press conference to advertise his product, and i'm yet to see any-one in that position willingly allow a media circus to hijack said conference to ignore the product and direct all questioning about the speaker's current held position
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:The reffing was fine just a shit call with Slater but that’s the game!

Correct call was made. Better team won.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm

He's not the only coach to be under pressure and asked about his position and someone ahead of him. The media had already written the narrative and just needed the soundbites they wanted - that's on them. Bennett shouldn't have to answer who's going to take his job when there's a great game ahead.

What they should be asking him is where has the club gone wrong in the 12 years since their last premiership win, against the Storm.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:He's not the only coach to be under pressure and asked about his position and someone ahead of him. The media had already written the narrative and just needed the soundbites they wanted - that's on them. Bennett shouldn't have to answer who's going to take his job when there's a great game ahead.

What they should be asking him is where has the club gone wrong in the 12 years since their last premiership win, against the Storm.

I listened to Dubbo on the radio when he was discussing Bennett walking out the first time. He said he could have defused the whole situation by endorsing Green and Bellyame. Honestly that’s that a load of shit if my job was being questioned I wouldn’t be naming people that could replace me.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I listened to Dubbo on the radio ........

Very Happy I presume you listen to ABC radio then?
    (I live 125 kms south of Dubbo so I need to ask)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

code delta wrote:

Very Happy  I presume you listen to ABC radio then?
    (I live 125 kms south of Dubbo so I need to ask)

Oh sorry mate, I meant Dobbo as in Dave Dobbin. I'm up on the Gold Coast
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I listened to Dubbo on the radio when he was discussing Bennett walking out the first time. He said he could have defused the whole situation by endorsing Green and Bellyame. Honestly that’s that a load of shit if my job was being questioned I wouldn’t be naming people that could replace me.

He could just keep saying the same answers to the questions but actually answer them.

Did you groom Bellamy to be your successor?
    No, we taught him as well as he could so he could have a successful career in coaching and he's achieved that.

What do you think of Bellamy coming to the Broncos and taking your role?
    It makes a nice narrative but I'm under contract and so is he, he'll stay with the Storm.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Oh sorry mate, I meant Dobbo as in Dave Dobbin. I'm up on the Gold Coast

Slice of heaven ???
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 pm

surmo13 wrote:

except it wasn't, this week it was Bellamy, the week beforehand it was Green and the week before that it was Walters

except he's not fronting a meeting, he's holding a press conference to advertise his product, and i'm yet to see any-one in that position willingly allow a media circus to hijack said conference to ignore the product and direct all questioning about the speaker's current held position

No he's not advertising his product. There is not a single coach in the NRL who has advertised his product less than Bennett.

surmo13 wrote:

Oh please, imagine if your job had a weekly press conference where you were supposed to talk about the work you had to do,

But you made no mention of advertising his product did you ? Care to miss the mark again or just change the argument to murky the water further ?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 pm

No Worries wrote:

Slice of heaven ???

Nah nah nah.. nah nah nanah

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:04 pm

No Worries wrote:But you made no mention of advertising his product did you ?  Care to miss the mark again or just change the argument to murky the water further ?

nah, you murkied the water plenty by trying to introduce a poor hypothetical business analogy in response to my literal analogy, i just corrected you on which one you should've used.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Honeysett wrote:He's not the only coach to be under pressure and asked about his position and someone ahead of him. The media had already written the narrative and just needed the soundbites they wanted - that's on them. Bennett shouldn't have to answer who's going to take his job when there's a great game ahead.

Would you like him to answer that question by mentioning he hasn't been there for the majority of that period??

Anyway, as an actual fan of the club I'm more than happy with our coach and wouldn't want any other coach in the NRL (yes even Bellamy) taking over, until the best coach in the history of the game steps aside.

In the 3 full years Bennett has been back at the club we have made a GF (and come within a pass/FG of winning a premiership), made a prelim and made a semi - not to mention, all this from a team most thought were shit on paper leading into the 2015 season.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 pm

As for the game the other night, it was a fucking disgrace.
    Ref's totally lost control.

Slater try was shite but that can happen, although I'd expect the video ref to pick it up when all and sundry on the field were saying no try.
    For all the crap Slater cops, kudos to him for waving it off.

But it wasn't that bad call I was most incensed about, it was just a poorly ref'd game in terms of letting the Storm do what they do best.
    Pretty clear when the players are getting as frustrated as they were that the ref's had lost control of the game.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Did they cost you the game or just lost control?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 pm