NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Moose
    Moose

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Moose Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:10 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Boyd is a shadow of his former self. If he's injured then make him have surgery or rest him for however long it takes to get him back to a non-shit footballer.

I have no doubt Boyd is carrying an injury. If he is rested (and by the looks of things he should be) then I would like to see either Bird or Milf at FB and the other at 5/8th. With Oates and Kahu still out..

1. Milf
    2. Isaako
    3. Opacic
    4. Roberts
    5. Pearson
    6. Bird
    7. Niko
    8. Lodge
    9. McCullough
    10. TPJ (hopefully back this week)
    11. Glenn
    12. Gillett
    13. McGuire

14. Sims
    15. Ofahengaue
    16. Funaki
    17. Dargan
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:24 am

Moose wrote:

I have no doubt Boyd is carrying an injury. If he is rested (and by the looks of things he should be) then I would like to see either Bird or Milf at FB and the other at 5/8th. With Oates and Kahu still out..

1. Milf
    2. Isaako
    3. Opacic
    4. Roberts
    5. Pearson
    6. Bird
    7. Niko
    8. Lodge
    9. McCullough
    10. TPJ (hopefully back this week)
    11. Glenn
    12. Gillett
    13. McGuire

14. Sims
    15. Ofahengaue
    16. Funaki
    17. Dargan

Bennett won't put Milford at fullback. He's been at the club for 4 years now and not played there once. He's bulked up a lot too since being at the Broncos so not sure if he's even capable of playing there with his tree trunk legs.

I'm just not happy with the halves we have and we could easily be 0-4 like pieman said if it wasn't for some luck. If it keeps going like this Bennett needs to change things around but he's so stubborn I'm not sure if he will.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:47 am

I liked a couple of Opacic's runs last night. Strong with low centre if gravity.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 am

Boyd foreshadowed a resignation if he keeps having hammy issues.

Good on him, but I hope he comes good with no more injuries.

We need to click into gear in the next 3 games, or it's going to be interesting!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Two words.

Wooden Spoon.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 pm

So Kevvie has walked out, citing that he needs to concentrate on the QLD side.

Fuckin lol.

Bennett has told him he wont be the next head coach, its well known they are chasing Paul Green for when St Benny retires from the head coach role.

From reports, Bennett has assumed responsibility for the coaching of the halves, so Kev has walked out.

Things looking rocky in Brisbane.

In saying that, they certainly will be favourites heading into newcastle this weekend and should have the kind of game that kick starts their season.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Pieman wrote:So Kevvie has walked out, citing that he needs to concentrate on the QLD side.

Fuckin lol.

Bennett has told him he wont be the next head coach, its well known they are chasing Paul Green for when St Benny retires from the head coach role.

From reports, Bennett has assumed responsibility for the coaching of the halves, so Kev has walked out.

Things looking rocky in Brisbane.

In saying that, they certainly will be favourites heading into newcastle this weekend and should have the kind of game that kick starts their season.

Is it that well known we're chasing Green? I had no clue. We have to do something with our halves. TO me it doesn't look like we have an organiser just two of the same player that wants to run when he shouldn't have and kicks on the 2nd with a 4 man overlap.

Thaiday will be dropped soon enough. I'm still a fan but he doesn't bring much to the team any more. Need some young blood in the forwards
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Yep not sure how you missed the Green rumour MF. But Green's re-signing with the Cowboys and will be announced next week. Bennett is playing hard ball and refusing to take an ultimatum to stand aside based on number of wins by round xx. He's lost the team, lost the board. Write off the season Bennett is gone at season end and Kevie will be back.

I'll copy and paste this in the big call thread for prosperity.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:01 pm

No Worries wrote:Yep not sure how you missed the Green rumour MF. But Green's re-signing with the Cowboys and will be announced next week. Bennett is playing hard ball and refusing to take an ultimatum to stand aside based on number of wins by round xx. He's lost the team, lost the board. Write off the season Bennett is gone at season end and Kevie will be back.

I'll copy and paste this in the big call thread for prosperity.

What really? I haven't seen a single thing about it. Wow fair enough. But stuff like this come out every time we have a loss. We got flogged by the Dragons and we're spoon favourites then we beat the cowboys (I wasn't expecting that) and the Tigs then we're contenders again. Now weve lost to the tits and now its all doom and gloom again.

We're two and two. Same as Roosters and Storm albeit id rather have their rosters but I cant see this year being a complete write off
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

What really? I haven't seen a single thing about it. Wow fair enough. But stuff like this come out every time we have a loss. We got flogged by the Dragons and we're spoon favourites then we beat the cowboys (I wasn't expecting that) and the Tigs then we're contenders again. Now weve lost to the tits and now its all doom and gloom again.

We're two and two. Same as Roosters and Storm albeit id rather have their rosters but I cant see this year being a complete write off

Yeah mate, that rumour has been around for a while.
    And yeah, thats what losing does I guess. Stirs everything up. Yes brisbane are 2-2, but its more the manner of their wins that is concerning. Arguably they should be 0-4.

I have no doubt they will string a few good wins together and it will right the ship, but there is certainly something going on up there.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Also, didnt TPJ belt his mrs or something? What happened with all that?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Pieman wrote:

Yeah mate, that rumour has been around for a while.
    And yeah, thats what losing does I guess. Stirs everything up. Yes brisbane are 2-2, but its more the manner of their wins that is concerning. Arguably they should be 0-4.

I have no doubt they will string a few good wins together and it will right the ship, but there is certainly something going on up there.

I must be living under a rock and I don’t even know it to miss that rumour then. Yeah something is going on up here they’re not the powerhouse they once were
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 am

Pieman wrote:Also, didnt TPJ belt his mrs or something? What happened with all that?

Sounds like your kinda guy.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:15 am

The only thing that needs to happen in the halves is for someone to realise Niko should only play halfback when your first and second string halfbacks go down. Hell if our next best halfback is useless I'd almost consider playing McCullough at half and Niko at hooker, with a bench hooker of some description. Almost.

Terrible performance last week. Only thing I feel positive about is we've always been the sort of team that can turn around poor performances fairly quickly. We did it a few weeks ago between playing the dragons and playing the cowboys. Hopefully we can play like the players hadn't met for the first time a few minutes before the game.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:32 am

ryno_ wrote:

Sounds like your kinda guy.

Youre the bronco fan mate
    Best cleaners and biggest rugs in the business
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:36 am

Pieman wrote:Also, didnt TPJ belt his mrs or something? What happened with all that?

You're confusing him with Matt Lodge & Darius Boyd

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Newcastle will belt the Bonzos. 20+
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Anyone know if Ryley Jacks knows how to run a football team?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:20 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Anyone know if Ryley Jacks knows how to run a football team?

Played footy against him a few (many) years back. Yes. Very good lead-by-example type player and good at guiding a forward pack in a given direction.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:43 pm

If only the broncos were as defensive as our fan base!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am