NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Krump
    Krump

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Krump Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:44 am

No Worries wrote:Having the Thursday game and subsequent short turn around was definitely a factor.
    A+
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 am

Pieman wrote:

Well to be fair, I was criticising the player recruitment and retention last year too. Its not a new thing. And there are clearly some valid points.
    It is a season defining loss? Not by any means.

Yeah look that's fair enough and it was probably unfair of me to throw you in with that statement.....because (as kindly pointed out by yourself) you are consistently and emphatically a moronic simpleton.
    My apologies Pieman.

As for valid points, there were none.
    In fact it reminded me very much of similar comments from all and sundry following our 2015 season, Rd 1 drubbing.
    Apparently our forwards were shit, Hunt/Milf was a dud halves pairing and Bennett was past his prime.....

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Bennett probably won't go for it, but maybe it's time to think about swapping Milford and Boyd, Boyd's legs don't seem to be built for the mileage of an NRL fullback anymore, his decision-making in the attacking line has always been a strength of his, and we need to find a way to ignite Milford's running game, maybe giving him some open space to work with on returns is the spark.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:Bennett probably won't go for it, but maybe it's time to think about swapping Milford and Boyd, Boyd's legs don't seem to be built for the mileage of an NRL fullback anymore, his decision-making in the attacking line has always been a strength of his, and we need to find a way to ignite Milford's running game, maybe giving him some open space to work with on returns is the spark.

It may/possibly (but not definitely) help our attack but it certainly doesn't help our defence.
    I am a big fan of having a solid fullback to direct the team around and to provide stability in defence and safety under the high ball - Boyd is almost the best in the business when it comes to this.

At the risk of sounding too much like McFlavour, the most important player in our team and in terms of getting Milf firing again is the FAC.

If he can get back to his best and provide the service we need, this will have a knock on effect for Milk, Niko, Roberts etc. etc.

Also, I can't believe some of you blokes were bagging Glenn - the bloke is almost the most under-rated player in the comp.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Any chance Oates takes Su'A's spot on the bench and Pearson starts on the wing this week? I'm expecting Fai or Tagataese to come in but honestly I'm not excited by either of those players possibly playing this week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am

Did sua cop a charge for that hit??
    surely he gets a week for it?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:24 am

Pieman wrote:Did sua cop a charge for that hit??
    surely he gets a week for it?

Grade 1, early plea he got 1 week
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Any chance Oates takes Su'A's spot on the bench and Pearson starts on the wing this week? I'm expecting Fai or Tagataese to come in but honestly I'm not excited by either of those players possibly playing this week.

i dont think he will opt for less experience in two positions, just to appease Oates.

I think taga will come into the 17, we probably need a bit of size and experience against the Cows.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm

I think he would be a brave man to lose Oates to a mid season transfer to stroke his own ego. According to the Sydney press there are rumblings higher up about his team selections and roster even though outwardly he has "the full support of the board"
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i dont think he will opt for less experience in two positions, just to appease Oates.

I think taga will come into the 17, we probably need a bit of size and experience against the Cows.

I'm just wondering if and when Bennett moves Oates into the forwards. I will tell you right now Oates isn't re-signing unless he is given some indication he will be moved into the forwards at some stage this season. He clearly wants to play there and not on the wing and if he doesn't get his wish he will just leave.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

I'm just wondering if and when Bennett moves Oates into the forwards. I will tell you right now Oates isn't re-signing  unless he is given some indication he will be moved into the forwards at some stage this season. He clearly wants to play there and not on the wing and if he doesn't get his wish he will just leave.

He won't be taking Gilletts spot in the side. That leaves Glenn, who is solid without being anything special, very no frills, but a seasoned back rower. Oates has played about 40 mins in the back row in the last four years collectively, so hard to see him pushing Glenn out mid season, but who knows.

To be honest if Oates left I wouldn't be that worried. I don't know if his body could hold up to playing in the forwards week in week out anyway.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 pm

No Worries wrote:I think he would be a brave man to lose Oates to a mid season transfer to stroke his own ego. According to the Sydney press there are rumblings higher up about his team selections and roster even though outwardly he has "the full support of the board"

forgive me if i don't believe journos desperate to find anything to write about the club up north so they can continue to ignore that their premiership darlings just dropped a game to the wooden spoon favorites
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:

He won't be taking Gilletts spot in the side. That leaves Glenn, who is solid without being anything special, very no frills, but a seasoned back rower. Oates has played about 40 mins in the back row in the last four years collectively, so hard to see him pushing Glenn out mid season, but who knows.

To be honest if Oates left I wouldn't be that worried. I don't know if his body could hold up to playing in the forwards week in week out anyway.

He started out as a forward in first grade then was moved to the wing, plus he was a forward before first grade. It's something he wants to happen. We've witnessed what he can do with his hitups in the past and I don't see why he cant make it as a forward.

It's coming to that time for Glenn anyway IMO. The club needs to start to think ahead to the future. He's been a great servant for the club but if I had a choice between Glenn and Oates, I know who I'm choosing. We can't keep letting good young players go and keeping old stagers, it's beyond ridiculous.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 pm

... and I mean Glenn being benched, not sacking him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 am

He started out as a forward in first grade then was moved to the wing, plus he was a forward before first grade. It's something he wants to happen. We've witnessed what he can do with his hitups in the past and I don't see why he cant make it as a forward.

It's coming to that time for Glenn anyway IMO. The club needs to start to think ahead to the future. He's been a great servant for the club but if I had a choice between Glenn and Oates, I know who I'm choosing. We can't keep letting good young players go and keeping old stagers, it's beyond ridiculous.

Exactly right mate sometimes they just have to look to the future and make a tough call, losing oates at this stage in his career though rather than older bloke like glenn wouldnt be that tough of a call IMO.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am

surmo13 wrote:

forgive me if i don't believe journos desperate to find anything to write about the club up north so they can continue to ignore that their premiership darlings just dropped a game to the wooden spoon favorites

You read it here first, when Bennett chooses to keep his broken down has been illegitimate son over Corey Allen it will be the final nail in the coffin.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 am

Pieman wrote:

Exactly right mate sometimes they just have to look to the future and make a tough call, losing oates at this stage in his career though rather than older bloke like glenn wouldnt be that tough of a call IMO.

I would hope it's not a tough call. Glenn isn't even 30 yet so still has plenty of life left in him and is still signed for 2019, so who the fuck knows what's going to happen with Oates.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:55 am

I would hope it's not a tough call. Glenn isn't even 30 yet so still has plenty of life left in him and is still signed for 2019, so who the fuck knows what's going to happen with Oates.
    He turns 30 this year and is solid yet average back rower.
    At this stage in both their careers, who you would choose to retain is an absolute no brainer
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 am

Pieman wrote:
    He turns 30 this year and is solid yet average back rower.
    At this stage in both their careers, who you would choose to retain is an absolute no brainer

A solid backrower, 1 year removed from being a NZ rep, team captain - or a winger. Absolute no brainer.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 am

ryno_ wrote:

A solid backrower, 1 year removed from being a NZ rep, team captain - or a winger. Absolute no brainer.

A backrower playing wing you mean.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am