NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 Round 7 Trades update - Current rank 2848

Rippin and Tearin

Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 Round 7 Trades update - Current rank 2848

Post by Rippin and Tearin on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 am

@Cap'n Ranta wrote:

With Murray out whats your thoughts there? It doesn't matter to me as he doesn't free up enough cash this week for me but I'm also hoping its only 1-2 weeks (until I get better info). You in the short or long term camp there?

For you I see Williams with his injury as your priority trade and with - 175k kitty +  Williams (335k) gives you JFH (499k) and 11k kitty. If you are set on getting JFH its probably not worth trading Murray this week as I don't see someone in his price range being good value that you cant pickup next week anyway.

Just a thought, but if you were happy to skip JFH then Murray could free the cash to go Fifita (798k) and Gosiewski (264k) with 121k set aside for further upgrades.

Depends on how you view Murray I guess. Thoughts?

Murray is obviously tricky cause we don't know how long it will be. 1 week at least, could be 2-4 or potentially more.

My thoughts are though that it comes down to what your goals are for the season. Mine are always to win the whole thing, or at least give my self a chance to do so (I know I never will but hey, I don't see the point in playing unless its to win).

So, with my goal in mind, I don't think you can afford him to be out for more than 1 week. Without any further info, Im not willing to risk that he will be. So, I'll go Murray to JFH (jumping on the bandwagon), instead of jumping off RFM early like I was planning to in order to get JFH. In my mind that doesn't really cost me a trade. What will cost me is bringing back in Murray next week (worst case scenario if I chose to do so) and the opportunity cost of what else I could have done with the trade next week.

In short, Murray might cost me a trade at most IMO by ditching him this week.

On the flip side the risk of keeping him is that you have 50 points on the sidelines for 4 weeks or so which would be a season ender!

And perhaps the most likely scenario which is that in the absence of any solid info before this weeks game, we here next week that he is out for a further 2-3 weeks, in which case you probably have to trade him anyway, and you are definitely worse off than if you ditched him this week.

In summary, I think it depends on your situation, but for me option 1 is the best one.
    Boozecluez

Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 Round 7 Trades update - Current rank 2848

Post by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Cheers for the comments Ranta & Rippin

Yeah it is an interesting one with Murray and has thrown a cat amongst the pidgeons.
    With the current trades it means Lodge moves into the 17 and Murray sits in NPR until back or worst case gets sold next week if out longer than a couple.
    That is the conservative approach and will stay pending some more news today

Though the worrying thing for me is that he has hammy issues pre season and he was eased into this season so this could happen again.
    So if we get something more concrete then the other play is Murray to JFH this week which gives me coin for next week

To me JFH for this time of the year is solid for the 17 so he comes in regardless, it’s the other one that’s not a definite.
    It just seems the week for a Gosi downgrade otherwise I potentially pay another 30k next week if he plays well, won’t be getting his points this week regardless.

Given the only real ‘weak spot’ in my team at the moment is Maloney then if I was to splurge it could be there but against the Titans where halves score well then I think I may only gain 20-3o extra points. (Over a Munster or Pearce type player but I am not really ready this week for this)

All a waiting game
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Round 6 Results

Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Finally got burnt with all the mid range forwards.
    While I knew a couple would be potentially an issue, had a couple more unexpected ones this week too.

Combination of a minutes reshuffle at the broncos by Bennett and a few blown out scorelines not suiting certain players didn't help.
    Will have to fix a few of these players over the next couple week, was hoping I would get longer out of them but need to start the upgrades.

Will need to look at what I want this year in my forwards but may look at 80min 2rf as they seem to be going well, aren't impacted by low minutes or making/missing tackles and can score the odd try.
    Seems to be the attacking players are being rewarded the most and have more upside if I am going to make some moves.
    While I have focused on early cash generation, I need to start bringing some of them in

Crichton/Harris/Matterson/JTrbo are some good examples of this, alternatively players like Fifita/Taumalolo even though have low minutes make a big impact and can go huge on their day.

Something like TPJ/Griffin gets me Gun/Su'a but will see what is available come TLT
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Round 7 Trades 486K remaining

Mitch Rein priced at 358k, predicted 40-45 points
    Well with Peats out (4-6 weeks) and no dedicated hooker on the bench, Rein should get a minimum of 60 mins (Potentially 80mins) for the next few weeks.
    He has a history of being solid with plenty of tackles and at his price is worth a gamble including making my bench stronger.
    Worst case scenario he should score at least what Griffin has but for 200k less and free's up some cash for next week.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan Matterson priced at 741k, predicted 50-55 points

Big Motor and looks to be playing 80mins having made the edge his own since Guerra moved on
    Can hit a hole, fend and offload while still having plenty of base stats and solid stable scores.
    Not seeing a lot of keepers in the halves this year so will look to move him there to partner DCE once Maloney maxes out.
    I see him having a breakout season and reminds me a bit of Crichton last year where he kicked on
    A keeper either in the halves or worst case provides cover in the 13-17 I think he is worth a punt

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 pm

So have spent the past couple days going over various options, stats and articles
    Can't make up my mind and with possibly having Murray playing. have decided this week will build some cash for upgrades next week while bringing in a keeper.
    Sick of playing minutes roulette with the Broncos forwards so have opted to trade both TPJ and Lodge out and not bring in Su’a this week.
    I am sure TPJ will bounce back but have used his $$ to bring in Matterson

For the cows at this stage it is not as important what their starting price is, it's about their potential earnings.
    Nothing worse gambling on a 15 minute forward or someone with poor security so paying a little more after their big score means you are essentially buying price rises.
    Look you may miss one or two by waiting to have a look at them, but you get to cherry pick them and at worst it costs you 50k.
    I guess I prefer calculated gambles over going in blind or just with my gut, probably explains why I am ranked where I am but it is the longer plan here and not knee jerk moves.

With essentially only 4 spare spots you need them all earning, not sitting there giving you 5k rises or losing money so if you have to wait a week for a look then so be it.
    It may mean in a few weeks they kick on after an injury but there is another who just sits there doing nothing.
    You have limited time to make money, so make the most of it now.
    Can worry about the minimum priced players when you are 2/3rds of the way through the season and making those last trades.

Not sure what other peoples thoughts on my short term plan are or how I will tackle cows this season, but welcome any suggestions or ideas.

With Thompson/Hiku/TPJ/Rochow/Lodge/Griffin all close or have maxed out, need to start milking them.
    Anyways burning through trades but this has always been my style to get my final team asap.

Hope everyone has a good upcoming week, Booze over and out

Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:40 am