NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    No WFB or CTR cover.

Brave man. Hope it pays off

If I get the sniff of Kikau/Godinet/Havili not looking like playing then Kennar comes in.
    If someone pulls out back there then thats life unfortunately, will bring cover in later so need to ride my luck until then

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 pm

All the best for the season Booze.

Will follow your progress.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Light on players who crab across field and rack up TB's. Need less straight runners.
    Fishing

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm

No Worries wrote:Light on players who crab across field and rack up TB's. Need less straight runners.
    Fishing

I used a cream to get rid of most of my crabs so these are just the strongest Wink
    Well Charles Darwin told me that, so will have to stick with how it is for now

Fishing
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I
                       I

Balls

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Last minute changes to my team before lockout.....

via GIPHY

And done

Good luck everyone  :ThumbsUp:
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Good luck Booze, buckle your seat belts lads it's gonna be a long ride
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 am

Booze will you stick with Godinet if Marshal is ruled out and Mcilwrick comes onto the bench? Im very tempted to run the same no back cover strategy early to pick up a better cash cow. I should be online most games most weeks to make a late move for cover if i need to

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Shanbon wrote:Booze will you stick with Godinet if Marshal is ruled out and Mcilwrick comes onto the bench? Im very tempted to run the same no back cover strategy early to pick up a better cash cow. I should be online most games most weeks to make a late move for cover if i need to

Cheers for the heads up on that regarding Marshall being possibly out.
    Would make it an interesting call to see how the minutes would be spread but you would think Godinet would get the lion's share as he was picked on merit/pre season form and to fit their game plan.
    At this stage will pick and stick with him, though I can afford rochow as well if needed.

Have to remember too that Cleary loves his ex warriors players and would have coached him too

Luckily it is a 4.30pm game so will get some notice

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Well looking at finishing the week with 700 points and just inside the top 20,000

A lot of work to do and look about 50 points off the steam, 100 points getting me in the top 1000
    Though feel like I am in an alright spot at this stage, will see how the players pull up Monday

Had Kikau in my 17 for most of the week and was tossing up between Godinet and Rochow after downgrading SST once the Katoa injury happened. Made a wrong call on that one and missed out on some points but you can’t always get them right.

Positives are that a few of my guns should improve after off games, managed to get a few well scoring cheapies and with 502k in the bank I will have plenty of options to make a few changes.

Will see how today's updates go and will have an update tomorrow

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Week 1 Results

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Round_35

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Week_110
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Week_111

Stats.............

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Stats_10

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Wins and Losses week 1

Red -5 of BE
    Green +5 of BE
    Black Par score

Smith
    Arrow Lodge
    Cartwright RFM Griffin
    Croft DCE
    Mitchell Hiku
    Tedesco Ponga Katoa

Cook Lichaa Havili Godinet

LCroker SWilliams Nicholls Kikau

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Smith - Business as usual (Keep)

Arrow - Solid first outing, grew into game the longer he was out there. Mid term cow so just have to sit tight (Keep)
    Lodge - Tough first game, promising minutes just tried too hard and made mistakes. Should improve this week  (Keep)

Cartwright - Tried to do too much, poor tackling but can score well in a short amount of time with his fend and offload. (Keep)
    Faitala Mariner - Looks damaging on the edge breaking and making tackles, great minutes and a try (Keep)
    Griffin - Got big minutes and looks a starter out there and earned his spot.In for a big year, Levi Who? (Keep)

Croft - Didn't play well with all the attack through Jacks. Bit concerning and will need him to lift this week but at his price you need to wait and see (Watch)
    Cherry Evans - Looked to be heavily involved, had a good game without being amazing. Will go well this year and kicked goals (Keep)

Mitchell - Only touched the ball 4 times, needs to get involved more but kicked goals and somehow scored 28. Should be better this week (Keep)
    Hiku - While playing ok it didn't show fantasy wise having too many missed tackles up against Inglis. Had a better second half so still has potential (Watch)
    Ponga - Killed it and a must have in your side, cut price gun who won't leave my team (Keep)
    Tedesco - Not the best outing against his former team in front of his old home crowd, well contained but still scored ok. Still a (Keep)
    Katoa - Not a good debut with few chances or involvement and got injured for 8 weeks (Sell)

Cook - Got 80 minutes, while not having the best game but still scored well. could go huge if he decides to run it more (Keep)
    Lichaa - Thought he had a good start but died off, lacked match fitness and looked fat only playing 65 mins (Watch)
    Godinet - Didn't get the minutes with Mcclrick sharing the role. Played ok just not in fantasy terms to make good $$ quickly(Sell)
    Havili - Much like Godinet but score a nice try. Needs minutes but job more secure for now (Watch)

Kikau - Big unit, tackles and runs well breaking tackles. Will score well even on limited minutes if he stays in this form. Cut price NAS (Keep)
    SWilliams - Played good in a losing side, controlled the team and kicked/ran well with a couple try assists. (Keep)
    Nicholls - Not a bad start, missing minutes but had a good game starting. He just needs a bigger role but playing off the bench with minutes a concern (Watch)
    Croker - Alright start and scored ok just needs more games under his belt.Will gain confidence and should score better going forward (Keep)

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Round 2 Trades - 77K in the bank

A couple of upgrades should help my team perform a lot better this week.

Matt Dufty, priced at 533k, Predicted 45 points
    Looked elusive in the first game and while not heavily involved still managed to still score well.
    Has bulked up a bit in the off season and should be at least enjoyable to watch play in a decent dragons team.
    Should get some decent metres due to the big dragons pack dominating up front as well while capable of a large score via some tackle breaks too.
    Bringing him in gives me a third solid WFB and hopefully should be set and forget back there.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Matt_d10

Robbie Rochow, priced at 343k Predicted 40 points
    Had a great off season and even better first game against the Roosters playing the full 80 minutes.
    Was in my team all preseason but opted last minute to go Godinet to free some cash up (which cost me some points and $$ first round)
    The good thing was it at least gave me a week to look at him and how he would be used.
    With the next games being tough and the Tigers being defensively poor he should continue getting good minutes there and it's really his spot to lose now.
    He has always been a solid defensive player but has had a bad run of injuries, hope he can stay healthy and pump out solid 40+ scores
    The DPP FRF/2RF is also handy and gives me an insurance policy and decent cover that should score well for these positions

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Robbie10

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm; edited 5 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Player watch

Shortlist:

Doueihi ( Can wait a week, think he will score 40+ still but shouldn't go up a crazy amount if he does kill it)
    Murray (Can wait a week or 2, minutes are the deciding factor here and coming back from injury it will depend on what he gets before I buy)
    Whitehead (Feel he is still under priced but no hurry now so can wait a few weeks and be a possible upgrade for some mid rangers if he remains cheap)
    Gray (Averaged 36 points playing centre in his career so I believe capable of scoring easily 35+ will have a week to look at him and see how he plays in a new side)

Then keep an eye on players who have started poorly first round who have high BE's and will get back into the groove in a few weeks

McCullough
    Gallen
    Peats
    Dugan
    Mansour (If Peachey somehow loses his CTR spot)
    Corey Harawira-Naera (If he bleeds cash but gets a starting spot back)
    J Croker
    CScott

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Looking at my team breakdown based on player ownership and a POD being less than 10%
    While it is not super important early on will try and slip a few more in here if I get the chance

Currently the only players I have are Daly Cherry Evans, Michael Lichaa, Sam Williams and Matt Dufty

Robbie Rochow, Jai Arrow and Raymond Faitala Mariner are just outside the 10% so bordering on POD status as well

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Week 2 Results

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Round_36

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Round_10

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Round_11

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Think I will trade Dufty out this week I think, after only just coming in.

Don't know what I was thinking when I did bring him and even overlooked his previous years stats/scores.Look he wasn't terrible but with the limited spots in the team this year, I need either keepers or cows earning and he meets neither of these.

While I believe he will probably still average out around 40-45 it make take a while and would rather a Tedesco/Ponga/RTS/Rapana/Edwards over him.

So who I had originally planned to bring in last week was Corey Thompson, so this trade will have cost me 60k and a trade but better to make that call now and move on.
    However even if Thompson scores 5 points less than Dufty for the next few weeks, he makes 200k which is huge.

This gives me some cash up my sleeve again and gives me options in the next few weeks for upgrades.

Have to make a big call somewhere in the team and this is it.
    Live and learn

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Round 3 Trades, 38k in the bank

Tevita Pangai Junior priced at 472k predicted 40-45 points

Looking at my front row again with Arrow/Lodge/Rochow I feel I need some insurance from a locked down Prop.
    Just need him to hold the fort until I can afford a better player and ride him up to a discounted Fifita/Taupau/Vaughan.
    Should make 100k regardless but more importantly his role is secure even if he only plays 40 minutes and his DPP is bonus
    He is a 1 PPM player so simply needs minutes to perform well, so will cross my fingers on him having a couple big games in between his 40's and ride the rollercoaster up

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Tevita10

Corey Thompson priced at 348k, predicted 40 points

Should have started with him and then he was meant to come in last week but had a brain spasm and sometime this happens in this crazy game.
    Happy to cop that sweet and move on
    Thompson has the fullback slot again this week and potentially a while longer given the Tigers start.
    Brought in for the cash making ability and potential to score well and with a -11 BE he should do that.
    Should score similar to Dufty but at a much cheaper price
    By the time Dufty get's back up to speed and scoring well then Thompson would be the same price so this needs to happen now.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 2 Corey_14
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:29 am

Looks like your going ok Boozy. Well better than me anyway. Bit harder to get into the swing with the new setup. I feel the 21 man squad gives you very little room for error.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Sik wrote:Looks like your going ok Boozy. Well better than me anyway. Bit harder to get into the swing with the new setup. I feel the 21 man squad gives you very little room for error.

Hey Sik, wouldn't call it a great start but slowly getting there.
    With only 2 trades a week and little room for error it has been hard getting in all the right cows and fixing the holes in the team.
    Bit of bad luck with my 2 trades this week bringing in TPJ who hurt his hammy and Thompson taking a head knock but that's footy.

In hindsight starting with all the cheap ctrs/wfb would have worked out well and would love isaako, Kennar, Sami but got to make do with the team you start with.

Took a calculated risk in waiting to move on Croft/Lichaa which cost me a few points but nothing worse than moving on a player and they then go huge on you.
    Guess I learnt years ago not to rage trade these players so can make a calm one tuesday once i have analysed the weekend

Murray had the smaller BE over TPJ this week which is why i went in that order and JMK I wanted a week to look at so these look like 2 possible targets.
    Still 2 games to go so who knows what will happen Smile

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Did you trade Dufty out Embarassed

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm