NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Share
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7500
    Reputation : 2569
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am

    @Vanish wrote:

    I think if Cook misses out on the 80minute gig, it gets very hard to leave Smith out. I've argued for his exclusion a fair bit, but that is assuming Cook is a high value and high point scoring alternative.


    This is almost certain to happen. Even if Farah is out of the 21, all signs point to having a utility on the bench (probably Doueihi). You won't be able to confirm Cook's playing minutes prior to round 1, and will have to make an educated guess about his value to your team

    Same applies for pretty much every hooker
    avatar
    Go Refs

    Posts : 313
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2017-03-08

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Go Refs on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

    First attempt


    A. McCullough
    R. Campbell-Gillard M. Lodge
    C. Murray J. McGuire J. Arrow
    J. Thurston K. Nikorima
    J. Hayne T. Milne
    K. Ponga R. Tuivasa-Sheck L. Mitchell


    1. C. Watson
    2. P. Hiku
    3. N. Asofa-Solomona
    4. B. Cartwright
    5. V. Kikau
    6. L. Leilua
    7. L. Croker
    8. C. Garvey
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 4056
    Reputation : 431
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 am

    Smith
    Gurgess, Lodge
    Murray, Arrow, RFM
    Croft, Watson
    Aubbs, Milne
    Teddy, Edwarda, Ponga

    Cook, Garvili, Carty, NAS/Liu
    Gray, Croker, Kennar, Hiku/Katoa

    Thoughts lads, decided to try a Smith team again
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1177
    Reputation : 425
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Fortitude on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am

    Smith
    Matulino, Lodge
    Murray, Harris, Nas
    Cronk, Croft
    Croker, Milne
    Mitchell, Ponga, Inglis

    Cook
    Carty
    Mcqueen
    Croker

    Butcher
    Havili
    L.Leilua
    Brimson

    Despite only having one actual gun, I like this team. I think its as close to risk free as Ill get. A bit of coverage, with no reliance on a players really stepping up (maybe lodge). But also, there is room for improvement in the other players. Mostly tried and tested, but either under new management, or playing different roles/coming back from injuries or playing out of possie.

    Or, have I missed the point here and just created a team of mediocrity.
    avatar
    Buramada

    Posts : 231
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2017-12-11

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Buramada on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 am

    @Vanish wrote:

    Edwards and Nofo are priced at 45avg, and I think that'll be their avg for the season. Ideally both keepers but little value.

    I don't like Dufty. But if you think he's capable of improving on his average go with him.

    Any chance Nofo is used a bit more because of no Tedesco. I am wondering if there are any stats of Nofo playing without Tedesco in the team?
    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1177
    Reputation : 425
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Fortitude on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

    @Buramada wrote:

    Any chance Nofo is used a bit more because of no Tedesco. I am wondering if there are any stats of Nofo playing without Tedesco in the team?

    I don't have stats, but im fairly certain the point scoring ability of each players was fairly individual. As in, the way they picked up points was unaffected by each others presence.

    Mostly crab runs across the field swatting lazy grabs from forwards (not taking away anything from the players)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 am

    @Fortitude wrote:Smith
    Matulino, Lodge
    Murray, Harris, Nas
    Cronk, Croft
    Croker, Milne
    Mitchell, Ponga, Inglis

    Cook
    Carty
    Mcqueen
    Croker

    Butcher
    Havili
    L.Leilua
    Brimson

    Despite only having one actual gun, I like this team. I think its as close to risk free as Ill get. A bit of coverage, with no reliance on a players really stepping up (maybe lodge). But also, there is room for improvement in the other players. Mostly tried and tested, but either under new management, or playing different roles/coming back from injuries or playing out of possie.

    Or, have I missed the point here and just created a team of mediocrity.

    I would avoid GI. No Arrow which is a surprise. Need CTR/WFB cover, don’t see the point in having Butcher, Leilua and Brimson
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4230
    Reputation : 1456
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am

    @Fortitude wrote:

    I don't have stats, but im fairly certain the point scoring ability of each players was fairly individual. As in, the way they picked up points was unaffected by each others presence.

    Mostly crab runs across the field swatting lazy grabs from forwards (not taking away anything from the players)


    We haven't had anyone spit the dummy about tackle breaks this thread.

    Good call.

    avatar
    Fortitude

    Posts : 1177
    Reputation : 425
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Fortitude on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 am

    dreamers wrote:

    I would avoid GI. No Arrow which is a surprise. Need CTR/WFB cover, don’t see the point in having Butcher, Leilua and Brimson

    I haven't really looked into Arrow that much, whats the attraction? Is oldmate Boyle going to get a run, not sure how he scored but he looked a hungry player* at the end of the season.

    *Corey parker hungry, not Dave Taylor hungry.
    avatar
    Shooter McGavin

    Posts : 108
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2018-02-04

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Shooter McGavin on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

    @Fortitude wrote:Smith
    Matulino, Lodge
    Murray, Harris, Nas
    Cronk, Croft
    Croker, Milne
    Mitchell, Ponga, Inglis

    Cook
    Carty
    Mcqueen
    Croker

    Butcher
    Havili
    L.Leilua
    Brimson

    Despite only having one actual gun, I like this team. I think its as close to risk free as Ill get. A bit of coverage, with no reliance on a players really stepping up (maybe lodge). But also, there is room for improvement in the other players. Mostly tried and tested, but either under new management, or playing different roles/coming back from injuries or playing out of possie.

    Or, have I missed the point here and just created a team of mediocrity.

    Concerned for Matulino's dodgy knees which he will need to manage well throughout the season to stay injury free. GI may be out for round 1 and also has a mixed injury history, especially coming off an ACL injury. Croker im not a fan of in the 17 as he has high potential be a flop by reports on the forum. Would be more inclined to chuck in Doueihi for Brimson as Brimson could be behind Carty nowdays. Expect a rollercoaster ride from Mitchell but GK should help.

    Love Milne and think he is the only LOCK in cash cow at this stage, should be in for a great year. Lodge is great value too. McQueen is an interesting choice but could be good depending on how he is used by Ivan. Havili should be OK value too. J.Croker had a quiet year but should bounce back if Raiders do.

    Finally, Murray I completely missed last year, he's in my team due to the hype haha, anyone got stats and/or scores on him?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 am

    @Fortitude wrote:

    I haven't really looked into Arrow that much, whats the attraction? Is oldmate Boyle going to get a run, not sure how he scored but he looked a hungry player* at the end of the season.

    *Corey parker hungry, not Dave Taylor hungry.
    1.0 PPM last season, should play lock with decent minutes at a new club
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm

    Ding ding ding!!!! Lachlan Croker is training the house down according to Tommy T
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

    Panthers Team for trial:

    Dylan Edwards
    Christian Crichton
    Tyrone Peachey
    Dean Whare
    Maika Sivo
    James Maloney
    Nathan Cleary
    James Tamou
    Wayde Egan
    Tim Browne
    Isaah Yeo
    Viliame Kikau
    Trent Merrin

    INTERCHANGE
    Sam McKendry
    Nick Lui-Toso
    James Fisher-Harris
    Jack Hetherington
    Corey Waddell
    Kaide Ellis
    Moses Leota
    Sione Katoa
    Jarome Luai
    Tom Eisenhuth
    Caleb Aekins
    Liam Martin
    Adam Keighran

    NewyCoop

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2016-02-25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by NewyCoop on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

    @Shooter McGavin wrote: Finally, Murray I completely missed last year, he's in my team due to the hype haha, anyone got stats and/or scores on him?

    I picked him up towards the end of the year in my Draft comp. Pulled out some +45-50 scores and one over 60 if I can remember correctly
    avatar
    Shooter McGavin

    Posts : 108
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2018-02-04

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Shooter McGavin on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

    @NewyCoop wrote:

    I picked him up towards the end of the year in my Draft comp. Pulled out some +45-50 scores and one over 60 if I can remember correctly

    Cheers NewyCoop
    avatar
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 1894
    Reputation : 1279
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Pacey's Best on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm

    Am I right in thinking that now the AE's will only come from positions 18-21 so I'm not going to worry about covering every position from these 4 spots. Won't it be better to reserve these spots to the best cash cows that will make the most money. After a few rounds you can start planning to cover all these positions with suitable DPP's.
    avatar
    Chucky

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 321
    Join date : 2015-10-01
    Age : 49
    Location : NSW

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Chucky on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Ding ding ding!!!! Lachlan Croker is training the house down according to Tommy T
    It's going to throw a spanner in the works of many teams when Todd Carney signs with Manly.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 pm

    @Chucky wrote:
    It's going to throw a spanner in the works of many teams when Todd Carney signs with Manly.

    Hes elgey 2.0 anyway.
    avatar
    Aardvark Ratnick

    Posts : 899
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Aardvark Ratnick on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 pm

    Am I the only numb nut that is running without Teddy Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed would appear so ............

    NewyCoop

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2016-02-25

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by NewyCoop on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm

    @Pacey's Best wrote:Am I right in thinking that now the AE's will only come from positions 18-21 so I'm not going to worry about covering every position from these 4 spots. Won't it be better to reserve these spots to the best cash cows that will make the most money. After a few rounds you can start planning to cover all these positions with suitable DPP's.

    From the Fantasy Website:

    "If a member of your starting 17 (13 on field and 4 interchange players) do not play in any given round an Emergency will be automatically assigned. This Emergency’s score will be automatically added to the total points scored by a team in any given round. The assigned Emergency will be the highest-numbered scoring player from the Reserves Bench who receives a score for the round and matches the position of the non-playing Starting 13 player. If this auto-emergency player is listed within the Interchange Players they will be replaced as an Interchange Player by the highest-ranked eligible Emergency not currently in the Scoring 17. This process of automatic emergency substitution will continue as described until there are no more eligible emergency replacement players. If no player from the Reserves is eligible to substitute for a non-playing member of the Scoring 17 no emergency substitution will be made. If the process of applying automatic emergencies results in fewer than 17 players scoring points a team’s total score for that round will be the aggregate total of only those players who have scored points"

    TL:DR: If your starting CTR or WFB pulls out and you don't have a CTR/WFB in 18-21 you won't get an auto emergency. If someone in 14-17 pulls out it doesn't matter what position your AE is.

      Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 am