NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Archer
    Archer

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Archer Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:58 am

Welshy wrote:

Cotric has played 1 year so injury likelyhood is less, but i know what your saying

Same was said for Tedesco few years back and Slater last year

Well to be fair, just last year Tedesco DID provide less return on investment than a certain alternative choice with regards to total points earned for a team.  :RapanaScores:
    But yeah there are obviously exceptions such as Slater i just think there are much more Campo's than there are Slaters (at least when I'm choosing them there seems to be). Possibly its an outdated way of thinking though as more and more players seem to be making better recoveries with more modern approaches.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 am

@Archer

back to the bet

Inglis to average over 34*

Welshy - Yes
    Archer - No

*on the provision Inglis plays 75% of games over the season ~18 games min.

Is that correct?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 am

Welshy wrote:@Archer

back to the bet

Inglis to average over 34*

Welshy - Yes
    Archer - No

*on the provision Inglis plays 75% of games over the season ~18 games min.

Is that correct?
    Yeah go on, whats life without a little risk.
    How does this tie in with the other season long bet we've got (I've forgotten the exact details of that without searching, but it was likely a Rapa vs Teddy one). I assume one will be for avatar, the other for name?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 am

Welshy wrote:

probably set to players you can afford

use the drop down to change it to sort by price

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Change one of the tabs from 'players I can afford' to 'price' you should be able to see everyone then

You were right! I was the inept one all along! lol!
    Cheers guys
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:26 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

You were right! I was the inept one all along! lol!
    Cheers guys
    Nah, shit design if its not immediately obvious. Never admit fault.

Ever.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 am

Archer wrote:
    Nah, shit design if its not immediately obvious. Never admit fault.

Ever.

you are right on that, in other years I have immediately hated the new layout (because I am naturally crotchety and aversive to even slight changes in my life), but I quickly got used to it each time- even to the point I could no longer remember my initial grievances. But I just continually struggle with this years program. I really miss the drag and drop and often find myself having to delete players just to buy them back in a different position. I hope the app is more intuitive, but I am not holding my breath.
    Why do they start from scratch each year anyway? Surely nobody would care if they reused the same system and they would save money! They do seem to be really, really into saving money.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 am

Archer wrote:
    Yeah go on, whats life without a little risk.
    How does this tie in with the other season long bet we've got (I've forgotten the exact details of that without searching, but it was likely a Rapa vs Teddy one). I assume one will be for avatar, the other for name?

Delightful!
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:58 am

NewyCoop wrote:How does everyone think Croft will go? Currently tossing up between Fifita/Croft or Graham/DCE combo. The latter potentially gives me two keepers whilst Croft is the unknown gamble

I have Croft at the moment, I think he will fit in well
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:01 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Any insight why Croker not named for Manly? I know it's a pretty fringe squad but would have thought he'd be one of the guys they most want to take a look at.

Meanwhile, told you Kikau would start season 2rf for the Panthers and be a base price starting DPP. Kind of a shame though because everyone will have him if it turns out that way.

I was hoping for DPP,but only listed as FRF.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 am

I haven't heard D. Tupou mentioned much. He will benefit from Cronk kicks & Tedesco loves a sweeping play to the left where he hits his winger & that's Tupou's side.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

you are right on that, in other years I have immediately hated the new layout (because I am naturally crotchety and aversive to even slight changes in my life), but I quickly got used to it each time- even to the point I could no longer remember my initial grievances. But I just continually struggle with this years program. I really miss the drag and drop and often find myself having to delete players just to buy them back in a different position. I hope the app is more intuitive, but I am not holding my breath.
    Why do they start from scratch each year anyway? Surely nobody would care if they reused the same system and they would save money! They do seem to be really, really into saving money.

I have gripes with the new layout as well.

The search feature in particular is a big step backwards. Old version if you typed someones name in, they would show up in the search results - didn't matter about available funds, or what position they were.
    Now you have to fiddle about with filters to get search working.

The other thing I liked about the old search, is that whatever list of players you were looking at before searching, would remain there after your search results, so once you've added whoever you searched for to your team, you still were looking at a list of players, rather than a blank column.

And removing drag and drop is frustrating. As well as being generally more annoying, there is no way to sub a player from your starting team to an empty bench spot. Have to delete them from your team and then re-add them. Granted this won't be something that happens once the season starts, but why remove functionality that already exists.

The main reason I preferred fantasy over supercoach was because the interface was so much easier to work with. Now they are taking steps backwards
    Showbag
    Showbag

Post by Showbag Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

Also frustrating how long this app is taking to launch
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 am

[quote="Milchcow"]

This is the bit that's killing me. I just thought m overall fantasy shitness was a contributing factor. Glad to hear it's not just me.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am

Milchcow wrote:

I have gripes with the new layout as well.

The search feature in particular is a big step backwards. Old version if you typed someones name in, they would show up in the search results - didn't matter about available funds, or what position they were.
    Now you have to fiddle about with filters to get search working.

The other thing I liked about the old search, is that whatever list of players you were looking at before searching, would remain there after your search results, so once you've added whoever you searched for to your team, you still were looking at a list of players, rather than a blank column.

And removing drag and drop is frustrating. As well as being generally more annoying, there is no way to sub a player from your starting team to an empty bench spot. Have to delete them from your team and then re-add them. Granted this won't be something that happens once the season starts, but why remove functionality that already exists.

The main reason I preferred fantasy over supercoach was because the interface was so much easier to work with. Now they are taking steps backwards

This 100%.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 am

Will J Turbo play origin this year?

Got him in my team from now to R13
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 am

People still picking inglis cos they think he'll play fb? AJ was interviewed the other day and said words to the effect of "obviously im the fullback now so". And inglis may not even be back til round 4
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

dreamers wrote:Will J Turbo play origin this year?

Got him in my team from now to R13
    He will play origin no doubt
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 am

my tv broke wrote:People still picking inglis cos they think he'll play fb? AJ was interviewed the other day and said words to the effect of "obviously im the fullback now so". And inglis may not even be back til round 4
    Too many ifs, buts and maybes in there for me, TLT can’t come quick enough
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 am

Not that there are any suprises or positions mentioned for that matter. This post probably has little more value than getting us to a P51 party quicker.

West Tiger's Squad to meet Cowboys

Alex Twal, Bayley Sironen, Ben Matulino, Chris Lawrence, Chris McQueen, Corey Thompson, David Nofoaluma, Elijah Taylor, Esan Marsters Jacob Liddle, JJ Felise, Josh Aloiai, Josh Reynolds, Kevin Naiqama, Luke Brooks, Mahe Fonua, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Matt Eisenhuth, Matt McIlwrick, Michael Chee Kam, Pita Godinet, Robbie Rochow, Russell Packer, Sam McIntyre, Sauaso Sue, Taane Milne, Thomas Mikaele Tim Grant, Tuimoala Lolohea, Tyson Gamble — Coach: Ivan Cleary
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:14 am

my tv broke wrote:People still picking inglis cos they think he'll play fb? AJ was interviewed the other day and said words to the effect of "obviously im the fullback now so". And inglis may not even be back til round 4

What percentage of people
    a) read every single article/interview from every NRL club
    b) immediately adjust their fantasy team based on the contents of said article.

So far Souths have not played a game, nor even named a full strength lineup. Everyone here is smart enough to adjust their teams if they have an obvious issue hehe round 1 lockout.
    Do we really need to actually go and physically put guys like Arrow/Havili in or out of our team based on every soundbite that comes out

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 pm