NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13290
    Reputation : 2837
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Welshy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 pm

    @Archer wrote:Question for Tohu owners, what makes you think he won't suffer a Proctor?
    I haven't checked his stats but I'm sure he must have got a decent amount of attacking stats that may not be on offer in another team.
    To be clear, not knocking the pick - I almost had him in my team because I've used him for a few seasons now, the above fears put me off when i thought about it so I'd like to know why it doesn't concern others and I'm just a big fat Aaron Woods.

    This was m rundown on Harris mate

    Player: Tohu Harris
    Club: New Zealand Warriors
    Previous Club: Melbourne Storm
    Position: 2RF
    Cost: $615,000
    2016 average: 52
    2017 average: 42
    2017 minutes average: 68
    Handsomeness rating: 3.5/5 Mitch Aubbussons (don’t let the shaggy hair fool you)

    Harris missed the start of the 2017 season due to injury and took a while to get back into the swing of fantasy scoring averaging a mediocre 40.5 points a game over his first 4 games, this is more akin to a seasoned fantasy mid ranger than a gun 2RF Harris morphed into last year.
    A few more injury affected outings in R16, 17 & 24 further dived his season scoring average to its worse total since the 14’ season. Harris is an absolute weapon, and as a ball playing backrower who cuts some wonderful lines there aren’t many better in the game.

    Starting 2RF points average: 42
    adjusted scoring average: 51 (8 games) (discounting 3 injury affected games R16, 17 & 24)
    Harris lowest score (minus injury affected games) was a R18 34 with a high score in R26 of 96 (with 2 tries)
    3 round finals average of 61 (no tries)

    Wrap up
    A move to his homeland team might affect his attacking potential because lets face it the Warriors are a scrub team compared the well oiled machine of a team he leaves at the Storm, There is hope the extra defensive work Tohu will pick up could balance out the attacking situations (and points off the back of them) Harris will find harder to come by at the Warriors. I’m still expecting a bounce back year for Tohu and there is plenty of value in him
    predicted 2018 avg - 45-50 points
    avatar
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3860
    Reputation : 977
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Mulvy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:58 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    This was m rundown on Harris mate  

    Player: Tohu Harris
    Club: New Zealand Warriors
    Previous Club: Melbourne Storm
    Position: 2RF
    Cost: $615,000
    2016 average: 52
    2017 average: 42
    2017 minutes average: 68
    Handsomeness rating: 3.5/5 Mitch Aubbussons (don’t let the shaggy hair fool you)

    Harris missed the start of the 2017 season due to injury and took a while to get back into the swing of fantasy scoring averaging a mediocre 40.5 points a game over his first 4 games, this is more akin to a seasoned fantasy mid ranger than a gun 2RF Harris morphed into last year.
    A few more injury affected outings in R16, 17 & 24 further dived his season scoring average to its worse total since the 14’ season. Harris is an absolute weapon, and as a ball playing backrower who cuts some wonderful lines there aren’t many better in the game.

    Starting 2RF points average: 42
    adjusted scoring average: 51 (8 games) (discounting 3 injury affected games R16, 17 & 24)
    Harris lowest score (minus injury affected games) was a R18 34 with a high score in R26 of 96 (with 2 tries)
    3 round finals average of 61 (no tries)

    Wrap up
    A move to his homeland team might affect his attacking potential because lets face it the Warriors are a scrub team compared the well oiled machine of a team he leaves at the Storm, There is hope the extra defensive work Tohu will pick up could balance out the attacking situations (and points off the back of them) Harris will find harder to come by at the Warriors. I’m still expecting a bounce back year for Tohu and there is plenty of value in him
    predicted 2018 avg - 45-50 points

    Also his base stats over the last three years including finals but taking out the three injury reduced times games last year is about 45, 3 more than his price in base stats alone. The odd attacking stats should see him back to 50 imo.
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2833
    Reputation : 645
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by rhinoceroo on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am

    @Archer... Proctor played outside Cronk on Melbourne's go-to side. Anyone playing in that position is going to benefit as shown by Felise last year.

    Harris scored well on the Storm's other side, and will be getting through the tackles shadowing SJ this year... where even Bodene scored loads of tries, and Tohu is twice the real life player Bodene is.
    avatar
    Buramada

    Posts : 231
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2017-12-12

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Buramada on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am

    I just spent about an hour picking my first team. I am not good at using the team planner.

    I get the impression that is the good to stack the first four spots of your bench with DPPs (at least) and consider doing this for all eight of them.

    I think Nikorama DPP HOK/HLF could be value in the Hooker spot with the uncertaintly about Cook and Farah, while Lichaa seems to have more value as a starter. My captain spot is light on but I think I have a good all round team with plenty of sub options.

    Any pointers or things to watch out for?

    I dont get to keep as much attention on this site as I would like and it has moved quite quickly the last few days.

    1.  Inglis
    2.  Ponga
    3.  Whare (DPP CTR/WFB)
    4.  Milne
    5.  Nofoaluma
    6.  Cleeland
    7.  Calker (DPP HLF/WFB)
    8.  Evans
    9.  Lichaa
    10. Lodge
    11. Arrow
    12. Murray
    13. Brown

    14. Kikorama (DPP HLF/HOK)
    15. Papali (DPP 2RF/FRF)
    16. Asofa-Solomona (DPP 2RF/FRF)
    17. Aubusson (DPP 2RF/ CTR)

    18. Cartwright (DPP 2RF/CTR)
    19. Laroker
    20. Garvey
    21. Hiku (DPP CTR/WFB)

    Too many mid-rangers???

    I have tried to be all about value and DPP heavy on the bench and in the backs. I have the impression I could drop wither Hiku and Whare i place of a bottom price newbie. I am hearing good things about Leusilano from the Eels but that back line is so crowded already. Any tips for bottom priced DPP forwards?
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 2205
    Reputation : 1274
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Moose on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 am

    My autofill squad had Crichton, Aubs and Pearce..

    1 current, 1 ex, 1 future Rooster.
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4816
    Reputation : 1155
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Archer on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 am

    I thought people might mention the potential for extra tackles, as it crossed my mind, however I'm not convinced extra workload translates to extra defensive points. The influence those around you can have on making a tackle is immense, not only how effective they are in making a tackle, but their decision making and whether they leave you stranded/forced to rush etc. resulting in someone who can be a good defender in the right structure actually missing more tackles.

    Just not convinced you don't see the same or worse defensive stats with worse offensive stats to boot.
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4816
    Reputation : 1155
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Archer on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:@Archer... Proctor played outside Cronk on Melbourne's go-to side. Anyone playing in that position is going to benefit as shown by Felise last year.

    Harris scored well on the Storm's other side, and will be getting through the tackles shadowing SJ this year... where even Bodene scored loads of tries, and Tohu is twice the real life player Bodene is.
    Fair point about the halves they run off but i wouldn't discount the effect Smith has on the attacking points his pigs pick up.
    avatar
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 733
    Reputation : 88
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Honey Badger on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:@Archer... Proctor played outside Cronk on Melbourne's go-to side. Anyone playing in that position is going to benefit as shown by Felise last year.

    Harris scored well on the Storm's other side, and will be getting through the tackles shadowing SJ this year... where even Bodene scored loads of tries, and Tohu is twice the real life player Bodene is.

    Wouldn't Tohu be on the left edge with Green
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1651
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:01 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Top 20 most popular players

    Cameron Smith 2044
    Kalyn Ponga 2003
    James Tedesco 1582
    Jason Taumalolo 1487
    Bryce Cartwright 1389
    Jai Arrow 1305
    Taane Milne 1229
    Matt Lodge 1203
    Connor Watson 1140
    Lachlan Croker 1082
    Peta Hiku 1062
    Craig Garvey 911
    Johnathan Thurston 876
    Greg Inglis 875
    Nelson Asofa-Solomona 818
    Jesse Bromwich 817
    Jarryd Hayne 810
    Brock Gray 767
    Francis Molo 761
    Dane Gagai 754

    Wow I’ve got 55% of them
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1651
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:11 am

    @mulvy wrote:

    I'd be into that. $50 was mentioned I believe?

    SI are you happy to hold the prizepool and do you have a paypal or something that easy enough to pay into globally? Can just only give the league code out when money hits your account.

    Maybe a H2H league but we will split the money 75% to the overall points leader and 25% H2H winner? Assuming around an 8 person league. If we get more like 12-16 runners we can do more of a poker payout structure for overall only;

    50% Prizepool Winner
    25% Runner up
    15% Third
    10% 4th
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by MrCashman on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 am

    Gees Cartwright is popular, they giving points for missed tackles this year? Better get him and Brooks in my team
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 138
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Clack Bocks on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:39 am

    @mulvy wrote:

    Also his base stats over the last three years including finals but taking out the three injury reduced times games last year is about 45, 3 more than his price in base stats alone. The odd attacking stats should see him back to 50 imo.

    Not to mention he'll be the back up goal kicker which may see some bonus points here and there when Johnson get's his annual injury that hampers his kicking but they still trot him out anyway
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 138
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Clack Bocks on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 am

    @Honey Badger wrote:

    Wouldn't Tohu be on the left edge with Green

    Depends, both Thompson and Hoffman gone so both spots open
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5047
    Reputation : 588
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 am

    Had a crack at a team, be brutal.

    Smith (c)
    Scott, Lodge
    Brown, Murray, Arrow
    Thurston, LCroker
    JCroker, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, Hiku

    Lichaa, Cook, Latu, Cartwright

    Kikau, Garvey, Kennar, Isaako

    60k left in the tank.

    Howie88

    Posts : 18
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2018-01-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Howie88 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 am

    so I have changed my team more times than I can count but these are the issues I have questions over, your opinions would be great.

    FRF - Taupau (757, DPP, bye in 17) or woods or even Bromwich and use money elsewear

    Halves - Moses/Cronk or Munster/Watson or Thurston/Watson +more money

    Bench Hooker - Cook (bye in 17, I have smith) or Lichaa?
    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1783
    Reputation : 512
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am

    @Warriors wrote:

    Great bench, but not sure about some of your starters. I wouldn't start Hiku personally, Lodge and Evans is a pretty weak FRF, great second row though. Halves are an unknown. So hard to pick a half at the moment.

    Has anyone looked more into Chad Townsend next to Matt Moylan, when Moylan went to five eighth in round 13 Cleary's scores shot up by 12 points on average (have excluded all games Cleary scored a try in). Wondering whether Townsend can go from a 35 average to a 45 average if kicking goals and getting more kick metres without Maloney.

    Looked at him but don't think he will make enough cash to justify being a keeper. Will be one of those too good to trade out(always other fires to put out) not good enough to like having him in your team
    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1783
    Reputation : 512
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:53 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    He is usually up in the 60s in terms of average that's 5.5 points higher than any of the FRF scored last year, for a position where some of the high end players have question marks

    Vaughan - graham
    Graham - now injury prone and and Vaughan
    Taupau - priced accordingly
    Papalii - Decent option and DPP, priced accordingly
    RJames - 2RF switch where he doesn't score as well

    Fifita seemed to have lots of scores in the 40's-50's like usual however he didn't have the usual 80-90-100 point game to boost his average. Watching him play last year I think the league has caught on to how to stop him(first man seems to be going low a lot) and he won't have that high ceiling. Still be a consistent gun but not one I'm scared of not starting with.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 8217
    Reputation : 2927
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am

    Player popularity update
    Everyone in over 1000 teams

    CameronSmith3969
    KalynPonga3865
    JamesTedesco3125
    BryceCartwright3012
    JasonTaumalolo2969
    TaaneMilne2780
    JaiArrow2613
    MattLodge2458
    PetaHiku2455
    LachlanCroker2361
    ConnorWatson2305
    CraigGarvey2038
    JohnathanThurston1867
    JesseBromwich1700
    GregInglis1679
    NelsonAsofa-Solomona1675
    BrockGray1530
    JarrydHayne1521
    FrancisMolo1464
    DaneGagai1446
    BrodieCroft1402
    AngusCrichton1360
    SamKasiano1355
    RenoufToomaga1303
    ShaunJohnson1259
    TomTrbojevic1198
    NathanCleary1193
    TomHughes1193
    JoshChudleigh1181
    LeilaniLatu1179
    LatrellMitchell1153
    PayneHaas1140
    BillCullen1063
    CooperCronk1059
    MatthewScott1055
    ViliameKikau1043
    TohuHarris1033
    avatar
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3860
    Reputation : 977
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by Mulvy on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 am

    @Clack Bocks wrote:

    Depends, both Thompson and Hoffman gone so both spots open

    Where did Thompson go?
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1651
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 am

    @Milchcow wrote:Player popularity update
    Everyone in over 1000 teams

     
    CameronSmith3969
    KalynPonga3865
    JamesTedesco3125
    BryceCartwright3012
    JasonTaumalolo2969
    TaaneMilne2780
    JaiArrow2613
    MattLodge2458
    PetaHiku2455
    LachlanCroker2361
    ConnorWatson2305
    CraigGarvey2038
    JohnathanThurston1867
    JesseBromwich1700
    GregInglis1679
    NelsonAsofa-Solomona1675
    BrockGray1530
    JarrydHayne1521
    FrancisMolo1464
    DaneGagai1446
    BrodieCroft1402
    AngusCrichton1360
    SamKasiano1355
    RenoufToomaga1303
    ShaunJohnson1259
    TomTrbojevic1198
    NathanCleary1193
    TomHughes1193
    JoshChudleigh1181
    LeilaniLatu1179
    LatrellMitchell1153
    PayneHaas1140
    BillCullen1063
    CooperCronk1059
    MatthewScott1055
    ViliameKikau1043
    TohuHarris1033

    Connor Watson is expensive for his popularity. Surprised he is seen as such big value

      Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:06 am