NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 Supercoach

    Share
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    2018 Supercoach

    Post by Clack Bocks on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 am

    I've set up a fantasy fanatics league  code is 568606

    Don't think we'll have that much discussion but anyway, join in and lets see how we go.

    I've put my draft team together and have nearly 400k leftover

    Smith Garvey
    Alvaro NAS Esses, Lodge
    Lolo, Murray, Afoa, Burgess, Arrow, Carty
    Thursty, croker
    Moses, nuff
    GI, Mansour, Hiku, Milne, Matthews, nuff, nuff
    Ted, Mbye
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11241
    Reputation : 2096
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Welshy on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:30 pm

    @Clack Bocks wrote:I've set up a fantasy fanatics league  code is 568606

    Don't think we'll have that much discussion but anyway, join in and lets see how we go.

    I've put my draft team together and have nearly 400k leftover

    Smith Garvey
    Alvaro NAS Esses, Lodge
    Lolo, Murray, Afoa, Burgess, Arrow, Carty
    Thursty, croker
    Moses, nuff
    GI, Mansour, Hiku, Milne, Matthews, nuff, nuff
    Ted, Mbye

    In

    first bash

    Smith, Lichaa
    Bromwich, McGuire, Lodge, Kikau
    NBrown, Harris, Arrow, Murray Cartwright, Butcher
    Croft, Cogger
    Munster, LCroker
    GI, Aubbs, Leilua, Kata, Hiku, Milne, Katoa
    Ted, Ponga
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7081
    Reputation : 2353
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:34 pm

    When you look at the prizes Supercoach has available, it really puts Fantasy to shame

    They give away $1,750 in weekly prizes. fantasy will be lucky to hit that for first place overall.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11252
    Reputation : 2372
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:16 pm

    Last year was the first year I played SC. Gave up pretty early after I forgot my team a couple of times. Might take it seriously this year.
    avatar
    spike27

    Posts : 10
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-01-10
    Location : Lidcombe Oval (On the bike track)

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by spike27 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 am

    Yeah, why not. Just signed up too. Cant wait for the footy to be back. Dance
    avatar
    Trajan

    Posts : 360
    Reputation : 117
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Trajan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:40 am

    I'm in. Playing supercoach gives you another perspective on the game, in
    particular, the attack.
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2315
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by rhinoceroo on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 am

    I have no idea what I'm doing in Supercoach. Here's my team. Generally gone for attacking players and offloaders. Any obvious weaknesses or no-go's?

    Smith, Garvey
    Fifita, Tapine (Lodge, Evans)
    NBrown, Tohu, Whitehead, RFM (Kikau, Butcher)
    SJ (Croker)
    Munster, Cartwright
    GI, BJ, Latrell, Milne (Hiku, Kennar, Katoa)
    Tedesco, Watson
    avatar
    Kalkadoon Warrior

    Posts : 112
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2018-01-22

    2018 Supercoach

    Post by Kalkadoon Warrior on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 am

    Cook. Garvey
    Taupau. M Scott. K Evans. Lodge
    Gall. Mannering. Arrow. Murray Kikau. L Leilua.
    Thurston. L Croker. S Johnson. C Watson
    J Roberts. V Holmes. M Aubs. Takairangi. Milne. Hiku. W Matthews.
    Tedesco. Ponga

    That’s my team atm I really have no idea I’m trying to pick more attacking players also.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 1122
    Reputation : 279
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:43 pm

    Might try and give this a go lol. The prizes are much better lmao
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Clack Bocks on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:14 pm

    @rhinoceroo wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing in Supercoach. Here's my team. Generally gone for attacking players and offloaders. Any obvious weaknesses or no-go's?

    Smith, Garvey
    Fifita, Tapine (Lodge, Evans)
    NBrown, Tohu, Whitehead, RFM (Kikau, Butcher)
    SJ (Croker)
    Munster, Cartwright
    GI, BJ, Latrell, Milne (Hiku, Kennar, Katoa)
    Tedesco, Watson

    I think I'd let BJ and Whitehead go, I think without Hodgson the raiders aren't going to have the same momentum in the middle that allow their edges to take advantage
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Clack Bocks on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 pm

    @Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:Cook. Garvey
    Taupau. M Scott. K Evans. Lodge
    Gall. Mannering. Arrow. Murray Kikau. L Leilua.
    Thurston. L Croker. S Johnson. C Watson
    J Roberts. V Holmes. M Aubs. Takairangi. Milne. Hiku. W Matthews.
    Tedesco. Ponga

    That’s my team atm I really have no idea I’m trying to pick more attacking players also.

    Sent from Topic'it App

    I reckon you can get someone better for the likes of Holmes and Takairangi. Otherwise not bad
    avatar
    Trajan

    Posts : 360
    Reputation : 117
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Trajan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:28 am

    Rapana destroyed the Titans last season. Tricky putting the C on him first up.
    No Hodgson distributing the ball. The Titans will want to impress the new coach
    and now that egocentric twerp Hayne is gone they may show some ticker.It will
    take huge balls to captain Rapana and its the last game too. Something to ponder
    and worry about for the next month.
    avatar
    Trajan

    Posts : 360
    Reputation : 117
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Trajan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing in Supercoach. Here's my team. Generally gone for attacking players and offloaders. Any obvious weaknesses or no-go's?

    Smith, Garvey
    Fifita, Tapine (Lodge, Evans)
    NBrown, Tohu, Whitehead, RFM (Kikau, Butcher)
    SJ (Croker)
    Munster, Cartwright
    GI, BJ, Latrell, Milne (Hiku, Kennar, Katoa)
    Tedesco, Watson

    As a diehard Roosters supporter I have watched Evans closely and he is not up
    to it in my opinion. Yes he is cheap but for a good reason. Huge as he is the big
    galoot goes down poleaxed most tackles and when he does break a tackle he invariably
    forces the pass leading to mistakes and loss of possession. He is a trap and will score similar
    to Matagi last season and thats apologies to Matagi who at least is ferocious for his limited minutes.
    Not a big deal Rhino as I know there are limited options around that price but I am seeing him in many
    teams. The rest of your team looks fine. I note you are expecting Canberra to come out swinging.
    avatar
    Trajan

    Posts : 360
    Reputation : 117
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Trajan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 am

    @Trajan wrote:

    As a diehard Roosters supporter I have watched Evans closely and he is not up
    to it in my opinion. Yes he is cheap but for a good reason. Huge as he is the big
    galoot goes down poleaxed most tackles and when he does break a tackle he invariably
    forces the pass leading to mistakes and loss of possession. He is a trap and will score similar
    to Matagi last season and thats apologies to Matagi who at least is ferocious for his limited minutes.
    Not a big deal Rhino as I know there are limited options around that price but I am seeing him in many
    teams. The rest of your team looks fine. I note you are expecting Canberra to come out swinging.

    I forgot you are light at least one second rower Rhino. Somehow try to get Murray or Arrow into your squad.

    zzpeterbro

    Posts : 5
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2016-01-31

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by zzpeterbro on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am

    Is there a group code for Supercoach ?
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Clack Bocks on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm

    @zzpeterbro wrote:Is there a group code for Supercoach ?

    so far just the one i posted above but it's full now sorry.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4034
    Reputation : 1335
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by No Worries on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 pm

    Make sure you run with Cam Smith. Apparently being named earns him points these days.

    avatar
    Hannah2

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2016-02-27

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Hannah2 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:09 am

    More SC discussion would be good, please! I know they were early ideas, but I noticed there was no JT in any of the above teams, yet I thought he was a bargain. What's wrong with my thinking?
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7081
    Reputation : 2353
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:23 am


    Thurston is the 2nd most selected half in the game behind Lachlan Croker, he is very popular
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7081
    Reputation : 2353
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 Supercoach

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:30 am


    My team

    Smith Cook
    Fifita Graham Lodge Nicholls
    Merrin Whitehead Taukeiaho RFM Griffin Kikau
    Thurston Croker
    Moses Cartwright
    Croker Mitchell Hayne Kennar Hiku Isaako Katoa
    Tedesco Ponga

    Thinking of maybe Kikau to Papalii.
    Rochow is on watchlist, if he is still in the Tigers team come round 3 I'll probably trade him in.

    I can never pick the right CTWs in Supercoach

      Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 am