NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:25 pm

    @code delta wrote:Bugga. They turned Katoa into TTurbo. Good move.


    Mine has Ted out of the 17 but had Moylan and his 77 playing Vomit

    Upside is he also had Gallen!
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 358
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 pm

    Yeah I ballsed up my reserves so will cop an AE if Teddy doesn't play. Or I could trade him lol opponent doesn't have many better options so will see what happens
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1826
    Reputation : 750
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by code delta on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:38 pm

    After the Storm vs Sea-eagles game tonight and with Teddy not playing tomorrow my eliminator has become rather simple.
    Before updates I need Brimson and E. Masters to score 61 points. If I'd run with Katoa instead of Teddy I'd only need them to score 34 points. Mad
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 pm

    I may need to trade out Ted to win mine.  I have 7 trades left so willing to use 1 to stay in the Eliminator.  MBye looking like the only potential WFB keeper left to play? I have RTS.
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 1032
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Clack Bocks on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:47 pm

    Ugh. Brought in gal and captained him this week with alvaros 67 on the bench
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:49 am

    @SI wrote:I may need to trade out Ted to win mine.  I have 7 trades left so willing to use 1 to stay in the Eliminator.  MBye looking like the only potential WFB keeper left to play?  I have RTS.

    Me too. I gambled on Teddy being in. And then my opponent got Hopoate’s 97. So I am currently 138 points ahead with Aitken and Tedesco to come. He has Hiku, Widdop, Arrow, James and Mitchell.

    The different options are doing my head in:

    1. i take an AE of 21 (Paseka), or less if Mann/Brimson/Matthews can’t break 21. I traded out Doueihi so avoided his 5 points. I could trade out Mann too and gamble on Brimson and Matthews (now starting) beating 21.

    2. I can trade Teddy for Mbye or RTS, and hope they at least beat 21.

    He has Mitchell to worry about but I don’t think he has traded yet. He could trade him out (eg for Aitken) or otherwise take an AE of Brimson/Matthews/Ikuvalu. Either way I think i’m hoping Hiku, Widdop, Arrow and James score less than 160...
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 am

    @jelejasof wrote:
    @SI wrote:I may need to trade out Ted to win mine.  I have 7 trades left so willing to use 1 to stay in the Eliminator.  MBye looking like the only potential WFB keeper left to play?  I have RTS.

    Me too. I gambled on Teddy being in.  And then my opponent got Hopoate’s 97. So I am currently 138 points ahead with Aitken and Tedesco to come. He has Hiku, Widdop, Arrow, James and Mitchell.

    The different options are doing my head in:

    1. i take an AE of 21 (Paseka), or less if Mann/Brimson/Matthews can’t break 21. I traded out Doueihi so avoided his 5 points. I could trade out Mann too and gamble on Brimson and Matthews (now starting) beating 21.

    2. I can trade Teddy for Mbye or RTS, and hope they at least beat 21.

    He has Mitchell to worry about but I don’t think he has traded yet. He could trade him out (eg for Aitken) or otherwise take an AE of Brimson/Matthews/Ikuvalu. Either way I think i’m hoping Hiku, Widdop, Arrow and James score less than 160...

    Bit of a cluster fuck for you only seeing Hiku and Widdop's scores first. Arrow and James could go 180 between them, or Arrow could be out and James score 40 Lol

    Mine has Milf/Marsters/James v my Farah/Ted and 113 points. I get to see whether Milf duds it or not, but if I trade Ted it will be for Mbye so don't get to see Marsters.
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 pm

    Yeah the timing sucked. luck definitely plays a part in H2H/eliminator at this stage of the season.

    Pulled the trigger on Tedesco->Mbye. Would have kicked myself if I held on and didn’t get through. Now I potentially get to kick myself for wasting two trades and not getting through...
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 358
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:43 pm

    I think I need to trade Arrow to someone to guarantee my win. Matterson?
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

    @StuDogg101 wrote:I think I need to trade Arrow to someone to guarantee my win. Matterson?

    Assuming you have James, there’s probably no other 2RFs worth bringing in from those two sides. Plus Matterson is a keeper centre if he gets his starting gig back full-time.
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 358
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 pm

    @jelejasof wrote:

    Assuming you have James, there’s probably no other 2RFs worth bringing in from those two sides. Plus Matterson is a keeper centre if he gets his starting gig back full-time.

    Yeah I have James. I wish Aitken had gone better because then it wouldn't have mattered. 6 trades left so think I can afford to pull the trigger
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 pm

    Looks like I got through with Arrow pulling out hurting my opponent. Wish I’d held my nerve with Teddy now - might struggle to get him back in the team.
    avatar
    B/L

    Posts : 1199
    Reputation : 314
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by B/L on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:04 pm

    I'm through.
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1826
    Reputation : 750
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by code delta on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:06 pm

    Arrow out means I'm eliminated. Sad
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 358
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 pm

    Ended up not needing to trade Arrow but it wasn't worth the risk. Can bring him right back in for Sua so no biggie. Never made the top 128 before!
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:20 pm

    @jelejasof wrote:Looks like I got through with Arrow pulling out hurting my opponent. Wish I’d held my nerve with Teddy now - might struggle to get him back in the team.

    I ended up going Ted to MBye as well but won by 70 in the end. If we both got knocked out wed be saying we wished we'd gone the safe route and traded Ted, haha. He had James who can pull a tonne out so better to be safe then sorry.


    And like Dizzle, I have never made the Top 128 before cheer
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 358
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:31 am

    Now to hope we don't get drawn against one another just yet!
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 am

    @code delta wrote:Arrow out means I'm eliminated. Sad

    Unlucky mate, very annoying.
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 492
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 am

    @StuDogg101 wrote:Now to hope we don't get drawn against one another just yet!

    Good point, how many of us are left? SI, B/L, StuDogg, me. RnT?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 3058
    Reputation : 593
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 am

    @jelejasof wrote:

    Good point, how many of us are left? SI, B/L, StuDogg, me. RnT?

    Looks like I scraped through by 10 points. Had a shocker 810 total. Probably put an end to my top 10 hopes for the season.


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 am