NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:43 am

BEs

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 19 Q7Tveqd
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Bullbender Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 am

code delta wrote:Impressed by that MB.
    I noticed Bullbender missed a four figure score by 6 points.
    Awesome you two.
    Cheers CD. Fatal basic error of playing a centre as reserve over a forward cost me the weekly. I was always playing isaako though v the titans waiting for that elusive try of his. Think ill bring in lolo and possibly tapau this week in this comp for merrin and cartwright. Got a shed load of cash and cover for tturbo if out in this comp unlike fantasy where the budget is tight and dont know what to do with no real decent downgrade options. Going away for a few days away from reception and civilisation and hoping to return before tigers game so can think about it and make a call then. Good luck boys
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 am

Bullbender wrote:
    Cheers CD. Fatal basic error of playing a centre as reserve over a forward cost me the weekly. I was always playing isaako though v the titans waiting for that elusive try of his. Think ill bring in lolo and possibly tapau this week in this comp for merrin and cartwright. Got a shed load of cash and cover for tturbo if out in this comp unlike fantasy where the budget is tight and dont know what to do with no real decent downgrade options. Going away for a few days away from reception and civilisation and hoping to return before tigers game so can think about it and make a call then. Good luck boys

great score mate, where are you placed after that?

Lucky for me to be facing you in one of the leagues too Smile

Im with you on the lolo trade - assuming its Taumalolo?? Im gonna trade him for Whitehead who I think has peaked due to bonus attacking stats. I need to have a think about what else to do though....maybe Merrin to a CC, JFH maybe....? I figure I still have to make some coin to get my team into shape and I think I might be able to eek out 150k out of him which would be enough....
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Brown and Cartwright to JTurbo and JFH for me this week.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Lucky for me to be facing you in one of the leagues too  Smile

Im with you on the lolo trade - assuming its Taumalolo?? Im gonna trade him for Whitehead who I think has peaked due to bonus attacking stats. I need to have a think about what else to do though....maybe Merrin to a CC, JFH maybe....? I figure I still have to make some coin to get my team into shape and I think I might be able to eek out 150k out of him which would be enough....
    Up to 18th. I was looking at JFH aswell but expect/hopeful these 2 will pick up a bit more workload with relevant injuries. Also i have the cash to go 2 keepers, which i think these 2 have been in the past. I have to fix my halves but going to give them time as im not sold on anyone in that position at the moment. Have milf and munster at the moment. They are both on notice but expect them both to fire up this weekend hopefully
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 am

Really struggling for trades this week. Want to get rid of Cartwright, but can't find a half to trade (either gun or cash cow or even useful DPP). Whitehead is the other option to go - thinking of a straight upgrade to JTurbo.

Think I'm going to stick with Thurston - no obvious replacements.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:39 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Lucky for me to be facing you in one of the leagues too  Smile

Any particular reason why you're looking at Taumalolo now? Does McLean's injury change things up for him?
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:44 am

Milchcow wrote:See a few fanatics captained TTurbo for massive points. But if he misses a week or 2 the gains may be short lived.

Captain Cam, halves of JT and Croker (subbing for SJ) and no Rochow saw me post 748. NBrown not too crash hot either

Wonder if I have to bring in Rochow for Nicholls, or have I missed the boat

Realise this question was from Monday night, but Surgess' suspension should make Nicholls a better option. As for Rochow, I'd be trying to get him in. RnT talked me into keeping him a couple of rounds ago, after he bombed out against the Storm. That score is looking more and more like an aberration.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:31 am

jelejasof wrote:

Any particular reason why you're looking at Taumalolo now?  Does McLean's injury change things up for him?

I think he's a gamble, but one that might be a nice POD gun right now.

The top teams won't have him I suspect (I think the bulk of the 900 or so teams that have him will be down the ladder at this stage). It would have been too tough to put the points on the board to make the top 50 at this stage if that much cap space had been taken up by him from seasons start given his production. He was nearly $750k to start the season, which means he was priced at about 63, while his actual production has been over 15 points below that at 47.

But, I think he is probably going to b a 55 point player from here on in, and therefore he has come down to fair value (or a touch below). Ideally it would be good to wait one more week (as he has a high BE) and perhaps that would give you another chance to see how he goes, but with Whitehead being my main trade out target, this is the week to do it I think because on paper I estimate that it gives me another 10 points this round, but fingers crossed even more cause he obviously can go really big on his day. It's that 10 points per week though that is the main reason I'm looking to bring him in.

The McClean injury? Im not sure to be honest, but the talk last year was that Tolos minutes were increased due to so many injuries in the pack. I guess based on that logic McLean being out can't hurt.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:34 am

By the way, I've lost a whole bunch of stats on the site that used to be available to me, so I guess the automatic free trial f what ever service they are trying to flog off is over. Bit gutted cause I was getting used to having it, saved a bunch of time!!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 am

jelejasof wrote:Really struggling for trades this week.  Want to get rid of Cartwright, but can't find a half to trade (either gun or cash cow or even useful DPP).  Whitehead is the other option to go - thinking of a straight upgrade to JTurbo.

Same, halves are a mind f*ck. I have townsend and johnson there with croker and cartwright.

Only smith to macca this week for me I think
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 am

Milchcow wrote:See a few fanatics captained TTurbo for massive points. But if he misses a week or 2 the gains may be short lived.

Captain Cam, halves of JT and Croker (subbing for SJ) and no Rochow saw me post 748. NBrown not too crash hot either

Wonder if I have to bring in Rochow for Nicholls, or have I missed the boat

I've still got Rochow pegged as a low 40s player. At current average he'll peak just in time to trade him out after round 13 and will have made another ~$150k. Unless you can see someone better he is a definite trade in now for me. But its now or never cause his 6 drops out after this game and he'll likely head to $410k+in which case almost half that gain is gone.

Nicholls probably gets extra minutes you'd assume with Surgess out, but he aint worth keeping just for that so makes sense to lose him...

What's up with Nathan Brown? I haven't got him so haven't watched him closely. Had him on my watch list for a trade in prior to 13. No I see people trading him out. Disciplinary issues?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 am

jelejasof wrote:Really struggling for trades this week.  Want to get rid of Cartwright, but can't find a half to trade (either gun or cash cow or even useful DPP).  Whitehead is the other option to go - thinking of a straight upgrade to JTurbo.

I don't see Cartwright as an urgent trade to be honest, mainly for the reasons you say, there's not really anyone to bring in.... He'll lose some money from here you'd think but even if you traded him to the cheapest nobody, you'd only bank $80k (so at most you lose that vs. holding a trade). I don't think the trade would be worth it, unless you can find a player worth bringing in. Maloney is probably the best cheap option (although a risk). Im considering him in this comp though... Especially seeing I have SJ and am concerned about him pulling out again.

Penrith play after Warriors though so I can wait and see and make that call later.

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I am at a lose as to what to do here think they all had a squizzey at my squad and said this will stuff him; I am loathe to ditch CS9 but need something drastic to switch it up a little this weekend , I have Surgess sitting it out for 2 weeks,Kelepi Tanginoa, Sione Katoa and Connor Watson hanging around , might go Smith > JTurbo via Griffin and Tanginoa > Rochow then hope SJ gets a run and JT extracts the digit.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm

I apologise to the rest of L1 for my disgraceful start to the year. I have a great side on paper....maybe I need to do a Ricky Stuart style spray at my team....
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm

TheWeapon wrote:I apologise to the rest of L1 for my disgraceful start to the year. I have a great side on paper....maybe I need to do a Ricky Stuart style spray at my team....

Likewise for me in L2, I feel your pain - I  am doing the unthinkable and ditching Smith which is a sure sign that I have lost the shed.
    Big chance I might be the first coach sack this season.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:
    - I  am doing the unthinkable and ditching Smith which is a sure sign that I have lost the shed.

Yeah, I'm upgrading him this week. Rip
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I don't see Cartwright as an urgent trade to be honest, mainly for the reasons you say, there's not really anyone to bring in.... He'll lose some money from here you'd think but even if you traded him to the cheapest nobody, you'd only bank $80k (so at most you lose that vs. holding a trade). I don't think the trade would be worth it, unless you can find a player worth bringing in. Maloney is probably the best cheap option (although a risk). Im considering him in this comp though... Especially seeing I have SJ and am concerned about him pulling out again.

Penrith play after Warriors though so I can wait and see and make that call later.

thanks RnT, agreed on Cartwright. prepared to lose some cash. best case scenario is he warms the bench all game.

I wouldn't go near Maloney in this comp - missed tackles are worth -3 I think, so he would be even more of a risk of huge negatives.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:By the way, I've lost a whole bunch of stats on the site that used to be available to me, so I guess the automatic free trial f what ever service they are trying to flog off is over. Bit gutted cause I was getting used to having it, saved a bunch of time!!

I got sent an option to extend Assistant Coach for free for another 14 days. Having said that, I'll pay my $20 to keep it up for the year. At least I'll be getting something for it.

Anyway, let me know if you want any stats/data/trade info.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:15 pm

jelejasof wrote:

I got sent an option to extend Assistant Coach for free for another 14 days.  Having said that, I'll pay my $20 to keep it up for the year.  At least I'll be getting something for it.

Anyway, let me know if you want any stats/data/trade info.

Ah, I didn't get that email... oh well. Thanks mate, I'll hit you up for some info if I need it. Milch's BEs + the price predictor should do the trick for the most part!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am