NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:51 pm

I could always bring in RTS and Doueihi

But was also tossing up one of Arrow/TPJ/AFB
    Or even Matt Frawley the quiet achiever this season.

Some tempting price rises in hooker but not trading out Smith to get any of them

Guys like Blake Ferguson and Waqa Blake i think will be too up and down and you'll have to trade them out quickly to maximise price gain
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:I could always bring in RTS and Doueihi

But was also tossing up one of Arrow/TPJ/AFB
    Or even Matt Frawley the quiet achiever this season.

Some tempting price rises in hooker but not trading out Smith to get any of them

Guys like Blake Ferguson and Waqa Blake i think will be too up and down and you'll have to trade them out quickly to maximise price gain

I was just this minute looking at Frawley, but with 2 defeats I get a bit worried even though I think he is the way forward for the Bulldogs not sure the coaching staff see it my way. It frees up a fair bit of cash though.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Maybe things at the dogs have changed, but last year (if my memory is correct) he wasn't great when he had the full time gig. Im a bit nervous about brining him in on 2 games given his form last year.

Agree on Ferguson and Blake - theres no real reason (yet) to think that their two games are anything more than chance and that their form won't revert to their historical norm.

I would love to bring in RTS but unlike you guys I don't have the DPP to bring him in for Aubs.

I need to catch up on all the injury news to figure out where to next.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Maybe things at the dogs have changed, but last year (if my memory is correct) he wasn't great when he had the full time gig. Im a bit nervous about brining him in on 2 games given his form last year.

Agree on Ferguson and Blake - theres no real reason (yet) to think that their two games are anything more than chance and that their form won't revert to their historical norm.

I would love to bring in RTS but unlike you guys I don't have the DPP to bring him in for Aubs.

I need to catch up on all the injury news to figure out where to next.

Being TEDLESS I feel I need RTS in there to go with Edwards and Ponga and will look into getting Teddy in there somehow, like you RnT I feel Frawley is a gamble however its one that I might take will review it tomorrow.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Taking gambles is probably the way to win this comp. Its just making the educated ones.

Im not convinced about RTS either. He always puts in amazing effort, but last year in a losing side, his fantasy output suffered. Have things changed for the Warriors? Admittedly the inclusion of Tohu Harris and Hiku have really sharpened up that right edge and with Mannering still to come back perhaps they are a top 8 side now...

mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 pm

For those bringing in Hiku. Are you concerned about Brisbane’s worst player in the history of breaking future immortal cheekbones in his final finals series so we had no chance moving forward, Gerard Beale?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 am

mickspicks wrote:For those bringing in Hiku. Are you concerned about Brisbane’s worst player in the history of breaking future immortal cheekbones in his final finals series so we had no chance moving forward, Gerard Beale?

Haha,

I've already got Hiku, but even if I didn't, your team would have to be in a pretty outstanding spot to be considering him, surely. I for one have got several other issues to deal with first. Not sure what happens when Beale comes back aye. You'd imagine he finds a spot in the team eventually, but for who? At this stage you wouldn't want to be making changes to the Warriors right edge, they are going great.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Frawley dropped so its DCE ,JT or Munster cant decide leaning towards DCE.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm

I am about $3k short of bringing in Matterson and RTS, so have to pick one.

RTS short term will be good, but how long will he keep it up before Warriors start going crap again

Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I am about $3k short of bringing in Matterson and RTS, so have to pick one.

RTS short term will be good, but how long will he keep it up before Warriors start going crap again

I've brought Matterson in but am worried they play the last game and I won't be able to reverse the trade.
    I'm hoping he gets 60-80 mins on a regular basis but Aubs is always there to mess with him.
    wt00
    wt00

Post by wt00 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Priority to trade out
    Latu
    Aubs
    Croft

Croft definitely gone, need to decide between aubs and Latu
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:44 pm

wt00 wrote:Priority to trade out
    Latu
    Aubs
    Croft

Croft definitely gone, need to decide between aubs and Latu

I'd ditch Aubbs.

He gives you more cash to spend on bringing someone in, and if he stays as bench utility will drop cash a lot faster.
    wt00
    wt00

Post by wt00 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I'd ditch Aubbs.

He gives you more cash to spend on bringing someone in, and if he stays as bench utility will drop cash a lot faster.
    Makes sense, cheers.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

I've brought Matterson in but am worried they play the last game and I won't be able to reverse the trade.
    I'm hoping he gets 60-80 mins on a regular basis but Aubs is always there to mess with him.

Don't trades lock after the round starts in this comp?

Who you trading out for him, potentially?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Don't trades lock after the round starts in this comp?

Who you trading out for him, potentially?

The reverse trades button locks our after the first game starts. But you can still make trades up until each game locks out
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm

One thing I like in this format is that I have 10 viable reserves that I need to choose 4 from.
    They will all make money and the options will reduce as the season progresses.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Haha, chatter about Frawley and next minute - dropped Smile

Im in the same boat as you @Aardvark Ratnick and @Milchcow

1) in the sense that Im tossing up Croft to Cleary/DCE/JT
    and 2) in the sense that Im a few k short of going Croft to Cleary and Aubs to Matterson....

So thinking JT in order to save some extra coin, hope he scores well enough to keep until round 13 then trade up. That'll give me the some valuable $s to get in Murray next week, or RTS - I'll probably miss the boat on one of those guys early, but you can't get everyone hey!!

Medium term I wanna target Taumololo, Murray, RTS and Jtrbo once players start peaking...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Think I'll have to pass on RTS, just out of price range for me.

Arrow, TPJ or Thompson for 2nd trade in. Just have to try and take a punt at best long term prospects
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:42 am

Well after a decent Rd 1, I had a complete and utter capitulation last week.

Was tossing up holding trades and running the same team but eventually bit the bullet and went the following trades:

Klemmer (47) out - RFM (33) in.......14 point deficit
    Hiku (48) out - Will Matthews (4) in......44 point deficit

Dumb fucking moves Oz!

Anywho, now a bit torn this week lads.

Thinking along the lines of James Graham to TPJ or Matterson.
    If I go Matto I can fix up my centre's which are currently Matthews and Aubs...and run Lodge as my 4th reserve.

Trade 2 is then looking like being Elgey to SJ/Cleary (not sure which one yet).

Also leaves me having to keep/play both Hayne and GI, which I could avoid if I don't trade Elgey and run with a halves combo of JT and Carty????
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 am

Hey OSM,

You planning on keeping Aubbs and hoping he comes good? Run with Matterson/Aubs and play whoever starts. Expensive strategy but might work

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 am