NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Share
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7856
    Reputation : 2745
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey Milch, are you going to produce spreadsheets again this year that show the forecasted price changes given various assumptions around future scores? Exceptionally useful stuff for this comp, particularly these first couple of rounds.

    Cheers

    Plan to.

    Won't be doing anything this week though with no price changes
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:40 pm

    Great score Aardvark BTW! I like the Griffen trade. Not sure about Williams. I have Croft too, and Im inclined to give him 1 more week. I also have KNik though which I feel could me a more urgent situation.

    Im intrigued by Williams too - keen to hear what others have to say.

    Also interested in thoughts on Waqa Blake. Is he worth considering at all?



    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Plan to.

    Won't be doing anything this week though with no price changes

    Great, thanks.

    I notice Im seeing BEs, is that a new feature on VSDT? or do I have some kind of free coach trial thing thats gonna disappear soon?

    Interested to hear peoples thoughts on guys to trade in this week (and out)!

    avatar
    Aardvark Ratnick

    Posts : 899
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Aardvark Ratnick on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:54 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Great score Aardvark BTW! I like the Griffen trade. Not sure about Williams. I have Croft too, and Im inclined to give him 1 more week. I also have KNik though which I feel could me a more urgent situation.

    Im intrigued by Williams too - keen to hear what others have to say.

    Also interested in thoughts on Waqa Blake. Is he worth considering at all?

    Thx mate yeah not sure on Williams yet just floating it out there ATM would be great to hear what others think but pretty sure Croft is gone from my squad its either him or Kahu.



    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1298
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm

    Great score AR!

    Not a bad start for me either, just cracking the 800, which psychologically looks so much better than the 790-odd i was hovering around....

    Generally I'm with Milch and tend to avoid trading this round for two reasons:

    1. You get a second look in this game; and
    2. Many times, one poor game is purely an anomaly (particularly with halves/backs) and a player you trade out goes on to pump out big scores in Rd 2/3 and bites you on the arsen - similarly a bloke you think is gonna have a huge year after one good game decides to play like shite for the remainder of the season.

    So, if I had Croft or KNIk or one of the outside backs that scored poorly I'd be holding for another week.
    Similarly, I wouldn't be rushing in Williams or Waqa Blake just yet.

    Having said all of that and without checking the minutes played yet, I feel I stuffed up on one maybe two forwards by selecting Klemmer and JGraham.

    I'll reserve judgement until I can find the minutes they both played but if low, chances of it being an anomaly or slim, so I may be tempted to get in a week early.
    avatar
    Aardvark Ratnick

    Posts : 899
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Aardvark Ratnick on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:Great score AR!

    Not a bad start for me either, just cracking the 800, which psychologically looks so much better than the 790-odd i was hovering around....

    Generally I'm with Milch and tend to avoid trading this round for two reasons:

    1. You get a second look in this game; and
    2. Many times, one poor game is purely an anomaly (particularly with halves/backs) and a player you trade out goes on to pump out big scores in Rd 2/3 and bites you on the arsen - similarly a bloke you think is gonna have a huge year after one good game decides to play like shite for the remainder of the season.

    So, if I had Croft or KNIk or one of the outside backs that scored poorly I'd be holding for another week.
    Similarly, I wouldn't be rushing in Williams or Waqa Blake just yet.

    Having said all of that and without checking the minutes played yet, I feel I stuffed up on one maybe two forwards by selecting Klemmer and JGraham.

    I'll reserve judgement until I can find the minutes they both played but if low, chances of it being an anomaly or slim, so I may be tempted to get in a week early.

    Yeah I agree with all of that and more usually the guy I bring in gets injured, but the thought of having 1/2 Million to play with next week is all so tempting. I could then go Kahu>Munster.
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

    Whats Katoa's outlook?

    Also, ball park figure, but what % of a players prices rise (based on their season average) would get priced in after week 3?

    I.e. If I've got my head around the numbers, a 50 point player will be priced at ~576,000.

    if Kennar averages 50 after 3 weeks, how much of that price rise would eventuate after round 3?

    And does that % hold true for all other score ranges and base prices?

    Cheers.
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2597
    Reputation : 467
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm

    Actually I may be able to answer at least part of my own question. The VSDT site suggests that if Kennar averages 65 by round 3 his price rise will be 124k after round 3. Which is 1/4 of the price rise you'd get if he average 65 for good.

    Im not sure if that 25% figure holds true for all scores and all base prices but it may be a bit of a ball park guide.

    The point Im getting at, or at least trying to prove one way or another is that if you wanna benefit financially (in game) from players price rises, you wanna get in either by round three or at the latest round 4.

    In the Kennar example, they have him projected to average about 53 by the looks, meaning he'll go on to be worth 620k (+360k on base price) and 124k of that made after week 3, a further 90k week 4, and the remaining ~145k over the next 6 weeks.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1298
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:55 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Actually I may be able to answer at least part of my own question. The VSDT site suggests that if Kennar averages 65 by round 3 his price rise will be 124k after round 3. Which is 1/4 of the price rise you'd get if he average 65 for good.

    Im not sure if that 25% figure holds true for all scores and all base prices but it may be a bit of a ball park guide.

    The point Im getting at, or at least trying to prove one way or another is that if you wanna benefit financially (in game) from players price rises, you wanna get in either by round three or at the latest round 4.  

    In the Kennar example, they have him projected to average about 53 by the looks, meaning he'll go on to be worth 620k (+360k on base price) and 124k of that made after week 3, a further 90k week 4, and the remaining ~145k over the next 6 weeks.

    As a general rule (unless a keeper worth big $$ goes down with a season ender in Rd 1) I skip trading this round and then trade heavily for the next 2 or 3 rounds to take advantage of the price rises and skip the price plummets.

    You need to make money quickly in this game but also try and score fairly quickly as the leaders do tend to get away.

    Gonna be a bit different this season with the bye scheduling but if anything, I reckon it is going to make it essential to nail those early trade selections.
    avatar
    wt00

    Posts : 190
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by wt00 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm

    738. Rank 779
    avatar
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 1997
    Reputation : 1412
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Pacey's Best on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:17 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:Great score AR!

    Not a bad start for me either, just cracking the 800, which psychologically looks so much better than the 790-odd i was hovering around....

    Generally I'm with Milch and tend to avoid trading this round for two reasons:

    1. You get a second look in this game; and
    2. Many times, one poor game is purely an anomaly (particularly with halves/backs) and a player you trade out goes on to pump out big scores in Rd 2/3 and bites you on the arsen - similarly a bloke you think is gonna have a huge year after one good game decides to play like shite for the remainder of the season.

    So, if I had Croft or KNIk or one of the outside backs that scored poorly I'd be holding for another week.
    Similarly, I wouldn't be rushing in Williams or Waqa Blake just yet.

    Having said all of that and without checking the minutes played yet, I feel I stuffed up on one maybe two forwards by selecting Klemmer and JGraham.

    I'll reserve judgement until I can find the minutes they both played but if low, chances of it being an anomaly or slim, so I may be tempted to get in a week early.

    Mate, I wrote down the minutes for some key forwards I was looking at.
    D.Klemmer played 49 minutes
    J.Graham played 51 minutes.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7856
    Reputation : 2745
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:18 pm


    I always max trade the first few weeks.

    Its your only chance to get in boom cash cows at starting price.
    And only chance to ditch your dud round 1 choices before they bleed cash.

    Not concerned about low scored from teddy as he'll come good. Same with JT

    Croft I might ditch - I wasn't as comfortable picking him in this comp compared to Fantasy. SJ looks like he'll be fine whatever the Warriors do this year.

    Rochow's 46 was the lowest score in my 2RF they can all stay. just a matter of tweaking the FRF and WFB/CTR choices to maximise cash generation for the next month or 2.
    avatar
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 1997
    Reputation : 1412
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Pacey's Best on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:20 pm

    OSM, you'd probably get a better guide if you saw all the minutes from the forwards and bench.

    Bulldogs
    8 Aaron Woods, =57 minutes
    9 Michael Lichaa, =65
    10 David Klemmer, =49
    11 Joshua Jackson (c), =80
    12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, =80
    13 Danny Fualalo =54

    Interchange:
    14 Adam Elliott, =28
    15 Aiden Tolman, =39
    16 Greg Eastwood, =19
    17 Jeremy Marshall-King =16

    Dragons
    8 James Graham, =51
    9 Cameron McInnes, =80
    10 Paul Vaughan, =54
    11 Tyson Frizell, =80
    12 Tariq Sims, =69
    13 Jack De Belin =58

    Interchange:
    14 Luciano Leilua, =22
    15 Kurt Mann, =7
    16 Leeson Ah Mau, =39
    19 Jeremy Latimore =22
    avatar
    Aardvark Ratnick

    Posts : 899
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Aardvark Ratnick on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    I always max trade the first few weeks.

    Its your only chance to get in boom cash cows at starting price.
    And only chance to ditch your dud round 1 choices before they bleed cash.

    Not concerned about low scored from teddy as he'll come good. Same with JT

    Croft I might ditch - I wasn't as comfortable picking him in this comp compared to Fantasy. SJ looks like he'll be fine whatever the Warriors do this year.

    Rochow's 46 was the lowest score in my 2RF they can all stay. just a matter of tweaking the FRF and WFB/CTR choices to maximise cash generation for the next month or 2.

    Same approach here Milchy Trade hard early then close my eyes and cross my fingers, any idea who ya might swap Croft for , I am looking at Williams at the moment.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1298
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:32 pm

    @Pacey's Best wrote:OSM, you'd probably get a better guide if you saw all the minutes from the forwards and bench.


    Thanks buddy - although probably complicates the equation because they both got expected/decent minutes.

    Out of interest where did you get this info (do NRL.com fantasy still do this)?
    avatar
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 1997
    Reputation : 1412
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Pacey's Best on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Thanks buddy - although probably complicates the equation because they both got expected/decent minutes.

    Out of interest where did you get this info (do NRL.com fantasy still do this)?

    My Tv Broke had a match centre stats site running for all matches on the weekend and it was in there under TOG which I assumed meant time on ground.

    http://www.nrlfantasy.com.au/
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7856
    Reputation : 2745
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 pm

    @Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

    Same approach here Milchy Trade hard early then close my eyes and cross my fingers, any idea who ya might swap Croft for , I  am looking at Williams at the moment.

    Think I want SJ. Munster ands Cody Walker are also under consideration, but SJ has been solid for a few years now.

    Don't trust Williams for security.

    SJ is a season long pick and stick. Can just leave Thurston and SJ in my halves and not trade unless injured. Use my trades getting forwards and backs in order.
    avatar
    Aardvark Ratnick

    Posts : 899
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Aardvark Ratnick on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Think I want SJ. Munster ands Cody Walker are also under consideration, but SJ has been solid for a few years now.

    Don't trust Williams for security.

    SJ is a season long pick and stick.  Can just leave Thurston and SJ in my halves and not trade unless injured. Use my trades getting forwards and backs in order.

    Same three on my priority list along with Cleary and agree Williams job security a worry but if he is named in the 13 it will be hard for me not to go for a quick cash grab, but will look at risk v reward tomorrow.
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 446
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    People complain about the Fantasy websites horrific lack of features this year

    But I will NEVER get used to, or appreciate, the VSDT site design where the page where you can see your team and make changes, does not show you your current score for the round.
    Drives me absolutely mental.

    So you can only see current round scores in the Gameday screen? I'm no VSDT apologist (actually I am a bit), but I don't think that's in the ballpark of what's going on over in NRL fantasy land.
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 446
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    766 first up.

    Tedesco my 2nd lowest scorer.

    Initial trade plan is to try and get SJ in for Croft. Potentially funded by getting Griffin in as a downgrade

    That would leave Katoa in NOR for a week at least
    with Kennar and Thompson a fair bit above base price, not sure its worth rushing them in - this week's scores only count for 1 price rise so might have a 2nd look and pick th ebest of them next week.

    This is what I'm going to try and do.  Just not sure where to get the cash from.  The other option I'm considering is Croft for C.Walker or C.Munster.  I could then swing them down to WFB for Katoa when a base price HLF turns up.

    Edit: just saw your subsequent post also looking at Walker and Munster.

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 pm