NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:Well this is a bit worrying for my Eisenhuth pick. Was looking at a Tigers forum & some guy went down to training yesterday but he only caught the last 10-15 minutes & the backrow was Lawrence, McQueen, ET. I can only hope that this wasn't the case for the majority of training & Eisenhuth just got a rest for the last 10-15 minutes & Cleary just chucked ET in there to try another option at lock.

It's not necessarily what Tigers fans want, but all things being equal that will be the Round 1 starting backrow.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 26 Empty 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Before shooting down Moses id look into when the Eels switched Jennings to defend with him and see how that effected his score.

I like L Mitchell this season, i think Cronk and Tedesco around him plus the extra year of experience help him be more consistent.

I’ll be shooting Moses down quickly, everyone is forgetting that the vast majority of his point rise came from Norman being injured and not there. Anyone thinking that a fit Norman is not the same old ball hog he’s always been is kidding themselves. Latrell will be lucky to hold his spot, Manu has the pressure on him and although he’s a natural talent he’s also a natural fatty and is lazy in defence. Was a great cow for 16 but the ship sailed in 17.

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by Kalkadoon Warrior on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm

[quote="SI"]Well this is a bit worrying for my Eisenhuth pick. Was looking at a Tigers forum & some guy went down to training yesterday but he only caught the last 10-15 minutes & the backrow was Lawrence, McQueen, ET. I can only hope that this wasn't the case for the majority of training & Eisenhuth just got a rest for the last 10-15 minutes & Cleary just chucked ET in there to try another option at lock.

From all reports ET will be the new HOK so it should still leave Eisenhuth at 13

Sent from Topic'it App
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:
    SI wrote:Well this is a bit worrying for my Eisenhuth pick. Was looking at a Tigers forum & some guy went down to training yesterday but he only caught the last 10-15 minutes & the backrow was Lawrence, McQueen, ET. I can only hope that this wasn't the case for the majority of training & Eisenhuth just got a rest for the last 10-15 minutes & Cleary just chucked ET in there to try another option at lock.

From all reports ET will be the new HOK so it should still leave Eisenhuth at 13

Sent from Topic'it App

ET does not provide first grade standard service. Cleary has rocks in his head if he doesn't start with McIllwrick. The only way I could see ET playing hooker would be from the bench until Liddle comes back.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:05 pm

White Lightning wrote:Watching Bairstow drop an easy catch at first slip & he's wearing sun glasses. Do these cricketers who wear them do so because they want to be cool because imo wearing them is the reason Bairstow dropped the catch. I know people will answer it's because of the sun but if that's the case why don't they wear them when they bat.

Fielders have to look up into the sun when catching a high ball. I don't see how the sun would affect a batsmen's view of the ball being bowled.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:29 pm

ET does not provide first grade standard service. Cleary has rocks in his head if he doesn't start with McIllwrick. The only way I could see ET playing hooker would be from the bench until Liddle comes back.[/quote]

That’s half true, ET is the tigers best defender and therefore makes sense to have at 9, he doesn’t have the attacking ability to play 13 and if it were my guess Cleary has spent the entire offseason teaching ET how to pass.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:43 pm

I can't see ET playing hooker, who's been reporting he will?
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Alfie wrote:I can't see ET playing hooker, who's been reporting he will?

He was given a go at the end of last season after the discovery of Eisenhuth and the lack of ability in the HOK stocks.... as pointed out his passing from dummy half left a lot to be desired however with the whole tigers team an absolute turnstile in defence he did a lot to sure up the middle with his defence. Don’t be surprised if they continue with it this year, having him at 9 allows another big guy in the middle and if he can learn how to pass out of dummy half he’ll stay there.

Sent from Topic'it App
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:52 pm

ET has been Cleary's pet ever since the Warriors, then Penrith & now Wests. They have good hookers so there's no need for ET to play there but I can see why ET will be favoured at lock. 95% of people on Wests forums want Eisenhuth to play lock & when you look at his 2017 stats he pisses right over ET.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Moose wrote:Can we not use our same 2017 NRL Fantasy logins from last year? Tried to log into NRL Fantasy using the same account from last year without any success.

So this post isn't lost.
    You have to create an NRL account to access Fantasy .... https://fantasy.nrl.com/2018-price-reveal
    If you use your log in details from last year your previous fantasy history will be restored.
    This is a problem for me. They require an 8 digit password now and my previous password was only 6 digits. Most of my fantasy history is lost. pale
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:ET has been Cleary's pet ever since the Warriors, then Penrith & now Wests. They have good hookers so there's no need for ET to play there but I can see why ET will be favoured at lock. 95% of people on Wests forums want Eisenhuth to play lock & when you look at his 2017 stats he pisses right over ET.

Couldn’t really disagree more, the two HOKs they have either can’t tackle or get injured trying. They also don’t know how to communicate with their halves. ET got there because he can tackle, the one thing tigers need more than anything. Their defence with ET at 9 and Eisenhuth at 13 increased significantly. They aren’t lacking in attack, they need to stop teams strolling through their middle and Cleary has identified that and added Packer, Matalino and McQueen to help with that. I do agree Eisenhuth is a better 13 than ET though, ET offers nothing offensively.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Did anyone else read that article about centres and try causes?
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Alfie wrote:Did anyone else read that article about centres and try causes?

Yeah I didn’t like it, there’s so many variables that can’t be measured however looking at the top defenders and bottom ones it was a bit hard to argue with.

Sent from Topic'it App
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Alfie wrote:Did anyone else read that article about centres and try causes?

Yep, can't remember the wash up though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Shanbon wrote:Before shooting down Moses id look into when the Eels switched Jennings to defend with him and see how that effected his score.

I like L Mitchell this season, i think Cronk and Tedesco around him plus the extra year of experience help him be more consistent.

Ive only been reading the forums havent looked at any prices or positions yet think ill try wait as long as possible before i fill out a team

I don't remember anything about a Jenning's switch and am not really sure how to go about figuring that out. Any Eels care to comment?
    Nofzilla

Post by Nofzilla Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm not Ivan Cleary, but as a tigers fan this is how I see our pack:
    8. Packer
    9. Liddle/McIlwrick
    10. Matulino
    11. Lawrence
    12. McQueen
    13. Taylor
    14. Twal
    15. Sue/Eisenhuth
    16. Aloiai
    17. Marshall

I don't see Eisenhuth starting at 13. Last year when he did, that was more because of our injuries in the second row rather than him outplaying Taylor. We had both Lawrence and Aloiai out with injuries and I reckon Cleary moved Taylor there as cover and not because Eisenhuth is a better lock. I believe he's still good enough to be in our 17 but I think he may play as prop otherwise Sue will be in the 17. Once again, this is just my opinion as a tigers fan
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Nofzilla wrote:I'm not Ivan Cleary, but as a tigers fan this is how I see our pack:
    8. Packer
    9. Liddle/McIlwrick
    10. Matulino
    11. Lawrence
    12. McQueen
    13. Taylor
    14. Twal
    15. Sue/Eisenhuth
    16. Aloiai
    17. Marshall

I don't see Eisenhuth starting at 13. Last year when he did, that was more because of our injuries in the second row rather than him outplaying Taylor. We had both Lawrence and Aloiai out with injuries and I reckon Cleary moved Taylor there as cover and not because Eisenhuth is a better lock. I believe he's still good enough to be in our 17 but I think he may play as prop otherwise Sue will be in the 17. Once again, this is just my opinion as a tigers fan

Looks good and you could be on the money. My condolences on being a Tigers fan.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:36 pm

SI wrote:

Yep, can't rememboer the wash up though.

Centres from good teams concede less tries than centres from bad teams.

Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Who gets the spoon this year? I’ve got the tigers just edging out the dogs.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm

The reason I brought it up is for the people with Latrell Mitchell. Do u have him in your team thinking he'll play centre or wing?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am