NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL Draw

    Share
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3408
    Reputation : 951
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by No Worries on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:00 am

    @Pieman wrote:So the roosters will win the comp next season.

    Or with so few games against top sides, they go into the finals under done and get bundled out again. But lock them in for the J.J. Giltinan.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 pm

    Knights get 2 home games in the first 2 months of football.

    I mean you're never going to get a balanced comp but that's a little crazy.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3408
    Reputation : 951
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by No Worries on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 pm

    Our game against you in Tamworth is more your home game than ours. Shouldn't we be taking our home game closer to home like Griffith ? Stop your whinging and bake me a cake with your spoons bitch. Actually you could make cornells you have that many spoons.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by Honeysett on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:44 am

    @No Worries wrote:Our game against you in Tamworth is more your home game than ours. Shouldn't we be taking our home game closer to home like Griffith ? Stop your whinging and bake me a cake with your spoons bitch. Actually you could make cornells you have that many spoons.

    We're closer to a premiership than you fucks are. How's that feel?

    Back to back to back spoons and our club is still in better shape than you.

    The Medium 4 are all but gone except for the shit one. You'll go close to a spoon this year.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1441
    Reputation : 247
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by ryno_ on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 pm

    Jesus, Knights and Tigpies fans arguing. Isn't there a NSW cup forum for those teams to handbag each other in?

    On the draw, until they get a rotation system going where each team plays each other home & away a fair and consistent number of times over 4, 5, 6 seasons we'll get these same arguments every season. I mean, the Chooks only leave NSW once outside of a 6 day period in mid-May. Just give them the JJ shield.

    If the NFL can schedule that with 32 teams in 8 divisions split between 2 conferences across 4 timezones + London, surely the NRL can handle it.
    avatar
    B/L

    Posts : 735
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by B/L on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 pm

    I know it was a very airy fairy comparison by using premiership betting as a guide only but how the fuck do the Storm & Roosters end up with the easiest draw out of the 16 teams.

    We play the best sides twice every year and the likes of Knights Tigers once every season but I always accept it because I know the other top teams go through the same thing.

    This year the Storm and the Roosters have been kissed on the dick and you may as well pencil them in as 1 2 again next season.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by Pieman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am

    @B/L wrote:I know it was a very airy fairy comparison by using premiership betting as a guide only but how the fuck do the Storm & Roosters end up with the easiest draw out of the 16 teams.

    We play the best sides twice every year and the likes of Knights Tigers once every season but I always accept it because I know the other top teams go through the same thing.

    This year the Storm and the Roosters have been kissed on the dick and you may as well pencil them in as 1 2 again next season.
    Its crazy hey... Its as if the NRL doest even look at this shit before they put the draw out.

    The general rule you would think is that the sides with more FTA games would have harder draws - because you would think that they would be the better teams each weekend. But nurp. Lets give the glamour teams easy draws so that they are fresh for finals. Newcastle has the hardest draw this season

    Why they persist with this 6pm (5pm for us QLD residents) time slot on friday's is beyond me. It is fucking terrible. At the moment I would have to leave work at 4pm to get home with a chance to see kickoff. 
    Is it purely targeted at tradies? Because no office workers are a chance of getting to a game and its a struggle to be home before half time to watch it on TV. Or city workers who go straight to the pub after work on a friday?

    Also, this year the Eels had 6 of their last 7 games at ANZ. That would have helped them build for their strong back end to the season for sure. Crazy that the draw allowed a side to play 1/4 of the season's games at "home" in a row leading into finals. 

    Newcastle have the hardest draw this year from a team v team perspective playing the Roosters, Storm, Panthers, Sharks, Eels all twice. Its crazy.. you would think that its good for the league to have the better teams players each other more so that there are less pastings. Nurp.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by Pieman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 am

    @ryno_ wrote:Jesus, Knights and Tigpies fans arguing. 

    If the NFL can schedule that with 32 teams in 8 divisions split between 2 conferences across 4 timezones + London, surely the NRL can handle it.
    Well we have absolutely destroyed peanuts like you so many times on here, we might as well start on each other. At least we might get a decent debate out of it out of us educated footy fans.

    And exactly - but in saying that its not like all the conferences are even. And dont get started on the NBA and how uneven their conferences are.

    I do think that is something the NRL should explore though, especially if we persist with the expansion stuff, play each side once and you play each side in your conference twice, or something along those lines. Do it with reserve grade for a season or 2 and see if it works.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 838
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm

    i do feel for the knights regarding the draw pieman, it is rough being faced with the challenge of playing a team that finished above you for 24 rounds for the 3rd year in a row, tough draw!



    i know the dogs supposedly got a tough start (just behind the tigers in some rating i saw in the paper) but i really think we look to much into these things, there will be a few surprise teams and a few teams who disappoint and that changes the the whole per-conceived idea we had anyways. i mainly look at the draw for the games i can attend

    probs only 1 game i could attend early on is good friday, which would usually annoy me but given my wife is due with our 2nd in mid april, good friday was probably the only game i was going till late may at which point we have a good stretch of games we can go to. finish off with a couple of sunday 2pm games which is perfect for me so i was reasonably happy.


    penrith playing 3 teams twice in the first 9 rounds seems like an avoidable oddity in the draw tho
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 NRL Draw

    Post by Pieman on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:i do feel for the knights regarding the draw pieman, it is rough being faced with the challenge of playing a team that finished above you for 24 rounds for the 3rd year in a row, tough draw!



    i know the dogs supposedly got a tough start (just behind the tigers in some rating i saw in the paper) but i really think we look to much into these things, there will be a few surprise teams and a few teams who disappoint and that changes the the whole per-conceived idea we had anyways. i mainly look at the draw for the games i can attend

    probs only 1 game i could attend early on is good friday, which would usually annoy me but given my wife is due with our 2nd in mid april, good friday was probably the only game i was going till late may at which point we have a good stretch of games we can go to. finish off with a couple of sunday 2pm games which is perfect for me so i was reasonably happy.


    penrith playing 3 teams twice in the first 9 rounds seems like an avoidable oddity in the draw tho
    Yes, good point LG. Further adding to the struggles of the working class Newcastle team. Playing sides that finished above them on the ladder every single week. Fuck me.. terrible draw

    Also, try living in QLD and having a shit tonne of Friday 5pm kick off games for newie.
    Even if I lived in newie it would be a stretch to get to a 6pm kick off on a friday... absolutely fucking shithouse time slot.

      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 pm