NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cronk/Pearce Watch

Poll

Where will he end up?

[ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left17%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left25%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_left33%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 12
    Ice

Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

Post by Ice Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 pm

I don't think he should be NSW captain and certainly not the next Aus captain. Is he "worth" those two accolades, personally I don't think so, but he Has one and will likely get the other. Yep,he is club captain, but he wouldn't be the first club captain not to re-sign. Teams might pay a fortune if they don't have any other depth there but I'm not sure that is the case with Roosters. I guess we will wait and see.  He won't go to Cronulla, whose assessment of which I agree with you on 100%. It will be stay at Roosters or off to Newcastle.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Fair enough mate, each to their own.

Personally, I think the guy is tough as nails, hard working, premiership winning,  runs that awesome outside in line, likeable, comes across as a good guy and seems down to earth. He is still only young. I think he is the perfect forward to build a good hard working side around.

Deserves all the accolades he gets I think.

When smith is gone, who do you think would be next in line to be captain? I reckon cordner is head and shoulders above anyone else for the job

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 pm

I haven't really thought of it but who would be the next Aus captain?

Cordiner would probably move into the position based on being NSW captain,

I really wouldn't know who else to pick to be honest
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 am

its quite a significant period of change for the aussie team coming up - even though there has already been quite a bit. No Thurston, Cronk, potentially no slater.

In a year or 2 when Smith retires, michael morgan could be an option.

Cordner is clearly the logical option at the moment tho IMO
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 am

Reports on BSB that the Crichton deal is worth about a million a season.. wow
    Yeah he is good but fark me that is a lot of money for a 21 year old back rower without a rep jersey
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 am

Pieman wrote:Fair enough mate, each to their own.

Personally, I think the guy is tough as nails, hard working, premiership winning,  runs that awesome outside in line, likeable, comes across as a good guy and seems down to earth. He is still only young. I think he is the perfect forward to build a good hard working side around.

When smith is gone, who do you think would be next in line to be captain? I reckon cordner is head and shoulders above anyone else for the job

And has signed one less fraudulent contract in order to deceive the NRL and cheat the salary cap.

That's gotta be a plus.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 am

The way Cam Smith keeps getting better, the next Aussie captain might not have even been graded yet. Cordner might retire before Smith!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am

cordner may not be a "franchise player" like a spine player ice but we're talking about a 25 year old who is the best player in his position with what looks to be pretty good leadership traits, he is not a player the roosters of all clubs will let go, we just gotta get use to the fact the chooks are gonna be lethal on the edge for years to come with cordner and crighton running great lines

re next aussie captain, atm, you would say its obviously cordner, darius boyd is probably the only other legitimate option

but if smiths plays 2 more years, morgan has an outside chance but i'd say that is unlikely
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 am

Pieman wrote:Fair enough mate, each to their own.

Yeah look, he is a very solid player, but I've never seen him tear a team apart or totally dominate a game as many backrowers have and as on opponent he would never scare me with what he might do. Good bloke, likeable, friendly, hardworking, can't argue with any of that. I think he will be the next Aussie Captain and he'll do a great job, cause he'll be leading the best team on the planet. Him out of the NSW side I see nowhere near the loss Smith would be out of the Qld side and I don't think that is purely a positional thing, even though they are totally different roles.

Next Aussie Captain...........surely McCullough Beer

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:45 pm

FAC
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 am

leaguegod wrote:cordner may not be a "franchise player" like a spine player ice but we're talking about a 25 year old who is the best player in his position with what looks to be pretty good leadership traits, he is not a player the roosters of all clubs will let go, we just gotta get use to the fact the chooks are gonna be lethal on the edge for years to come with cordner and crighton running great lines

re next aussie captain, atm, you would say its obviously cordner, darius boyd is probably the only other legitimate option

but if smiths plays 2 more years, morgan has an outside chance but i'd say that is unlikely

Matt Scott would be worth a shout, but he's probably on the same retirement schedule as Smith.

It should be Morgan or Boyd ahead of Cordner, give it to someone whose rep teams have actually achieved something. Rewarding incompetence is a very NSW thing to do, lets not let it creep into the national side any more then it already has.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:40 am

Winning a comp is a pretty good achievement, plus, he has won a SOO series too Smile
    They were so fucking incompetent that they won the world cup, and easily.

Scott most likely wont make it back into the Aus team IMO

Unless morgan is captain of his own club, he shouldnt even be considered.
    Boyd, captain from the wing? lol Unless he is playing fullback, no.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 am

A scary thing is, Aaron woods is a genuine contender
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 am

Pieman wrote:Winning a comp is a pretty good achievement, plus, he has won a SOO series too :)
    They were so fucking incompetent that they won the world cup, and easily.

Scott most likely wont make it back into the Aus team IMO

Unless morgan is captain of his own club, he shouldnt even be considered.
    Boyd, captain from the wing? lol Unless he is playing fullback, no.

Literally none of those achievements makes him stand out from other contenders. :lol:

Winning a comp - Meh. Boyd's won 2. Morgan's got one aswell. And both were more important in the GF then Cordner.
    Won a SOO - a SOO. do you really want to put SOO on his resume, up against QLD contenders? Boyd has won *takes breath* 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Morgan has 3 SOO shield raises aswell. What an own goal. Outstanding.
    Won the world cup - yeah, so what? So did everyone else up for the role.

Cordner probably will fall upwards and get it, as is traditional for NSW in the national team. But he shouldn't - we need to stop the rot of NSW creeping into the Australian jersey.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:00 pm

If you can't hold down your preferred position then you can't be considered for captain. And the idea of a winger as captain is laughable, I can just see him now "wait for me, wait for me" as the opposition get a quick kick for touch away before he can even question the penalty or slow the play down because he's on the other side of the field. The best captains are there in the ruck.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Pieman wrote:A scary thing is, Aaron woods is a genuine contender

Way to scare me on to the Cordner train!!!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 pm

I like Morgan for the role. Clear plans in place to have him installed as captain: article
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Literally none of those achievements makes him stand out from other contenders. Laughing

Winning a comp - Meh. Boyd's won 2. Morgan's got one aswell. And both were more important in the GF then Cordner.
    Won a SOO - a SOO. do you really want to put SOO on his resume, up against QLD contenders? Boyd has won *takes breath* 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Morgan has 3 SOO shield raises aswell. What an own goal. Outstanding.
    Won the world cup - yeah, so what? So did everyone else up for the role.

Cordner probably will fall upwards and get it, as is traditional for NSW in the national team. But he shouldn't - we need to stop the rot of NSW creeping into the Australian jersey.

Cool - just about every successful rep team boyd has been has in, he has been on the wing. Thats like saying - Vally holmes should be captain in a few years. He is a rep winger and will never be captain of austalia or QLD from the wing. He is a shot, sure, if he takes over at fullback full time. Until then, nope. Soz mate Smile I dont care how many state of origin series he won whilst falling over the left side of the try line outside some of the greatest players in history.

Cordner has captained his state - something boyd has never done (omg mind blowing considering that endless list of his achievements), He has accolades and he is the best back rower in the game. He will most likely be the next captain and he deserves it.

Morgan is a good option too - in a few years time, so it might grea timing for him when smith retires in a few years.

I would be more than happy with someone like Morgan or Cordner. Boyd, if he is the fulltime fullback - sure he would absolutely be a shot. But if smith retired tomorrow, they name a team and boyd is on the wing - zero chance of being captain.

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Cool - just about every successful rep team boyd has been has in, he has been on the wing. Thats like saying - Vally holmes should be captain in a few years. He is a rep winger and will never be captain of austalia or QLD from the wing. He is a shot, sure, if he takes over at fullback full time. Until then, nope. Soz mate :) I dont care how many state of origin series he won whilst falling over the left side of the try line outside some of the greatest players in history.

Val Holmes would be a great contender for captain in 10 years time. Think of the experience he'll have. Another 10 origin series wins and another 2 world cups under his belt.

Pieman wrote:Cordner has captained his state - something boyd has never done (omg mind blowing considering that endless list of his achievements), He has accolades and he is the best back rower in the game. He will most likely be the next captain and he deserves it.

So? What's he achieved as captain? Captain of a team who rolled over, couldnt win at home and got flogged away. Well done. The reward for that is Australian captain? Please.

Best back rower in the game? Best back rower who lives in Sydney, maybe.

Pieman wrote:I would be more than happy with someone like Morgan or Cordner. Boyd, if he is the fulltime fullback - sure he would absolutely be a shot. But if smith retired tomorrow, they name a team and boyd is on the wing - zero chance of being captain.

If Smith retires tomorrow the pecking order should be Scott, Morgan, Boyd. Give it to players who deserve it, rather then just the peanut left over by default.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm

No mate, wingers dont captain rep footy sides. Soz.
    Being captain of the state is the accolade, and a pretty good one
    No, best back rower in the game. Sorry.
    Peanut left over by default? hahaha wow... too funny. He was vice captain for the WC just gone and captained the team against Fiji/png in the friendly they had.

Cordner - captain in waiting from Mal himself. He and Inglis will fight it out for the captain spot when Smith retires.

“I see him as the next Kangaroos captain,” Meninga said. “He has bought into the way the Kangaroos want to play. He is a player that will get picked every time the Kangaroos play. Greg Inglis isn’t here but I see those two guys fighting it out for the next spot to lead the Kangaroos once Cameron makes that decision.
    “It is a great honour. He will do a terrific job. He is great a communicator. He is an ideal candidate to take over from Cameron.”

I swear sometimes its as if you literally know nothing about league. You make this shit too easy for me sometimes man.

hehe

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm