NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Share

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Ice on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 pm

    Well, bring on 2018.

    Let's see how we go with this, eidt as often as you want up until Game 1 2018

    Storm (only if Slater goes around again, they'll drop to 3-6 without him)
    Cowboys
    Broncos
    Roosters
    Bulldogs
    Panthers
    Eels
    Manly

    Bottom 8 will depend a lot on who if anyone picks up Cronk. He puts St G, Sharks and maybe even Tigers in the 8

    St George
    Sharks
    Raiders
    Knights
    Tigers
    Rabbitohs
    Titans
    Warriors

    With Few outs and if they'd stay injury free I can't see anyone stopping the Cowboys. JT will be better for missing the back end of this season and not playing a Origin. Morgan and LoLo will only get better and MCClean will help the pack. They are my tip to win It think all next year.
    avatar
    B/L

    Posts : 735
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by B/L on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:09 am

    Storm
    Roosters
    Cowboys
    Dragons
    Broncos
    Eels
    Panthers
    Sharks

    Manly
    Bulldogs
    Raiders
    Rabbitohs
    Titans
    Knights
    Tigers
    Warriors

    leaguegod

    Posts : 870
    Reputation : 79
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am

    breaking mine into 5 tiers, i have done orders in the tiers but they are all fairly close

    Tier 1 (avoiding injury, they will the biggest title threats)
    Roosters
    Cowboys
    storm

    Tier 2 (look like safe bets for the 8 but still a rung below the top 3)
    Parra
    Broncos
    Cronulla

    Tier 3 (capable of really contending but also capable of not making the Cool
    Raiders
    Penrith
    Dragons

    Tier 4 (will compete for a top 8 spot most of the season, likely at least 1 ends up making it)
    Manly
    Souths
    Bulldogs

    Tier 5 ( hard to put one of these 4 up yet but i am sure at least 1 goes better, if i had to pick it would be tigers)
    Tigers
    Warriors
    Knights
    Titans
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1478
    Reputation : 255
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

    Top 4
    Melbourne
    Sydney
    NQld
    Brisbane

    Top 8
    Parramatta
    Canberra
    Penrith
    Cronulla

    Just Missing
    Manly
    NZ
    StGeorge
    Souths

    Bottom
    Wests
    Gold Coast
    Canterbury
    50 Feet of Crap

    Even Worse
    Newcastle

    Dip

    Posts : 1280
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Dip on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm

    1. Cowboys - take the grand finalists and add Thurston, Scott, & McLean. Sounds like heavy favourites to me.
    2. Storm - will of course be affected by losing Cronk. Those bastards just keep finishing at or near the top of the table though.
    3. Broncos - as long as they find a halfback
    4. Parra - would be a poor season if they don't make top 4
    5. Roosters - always dangerous. Will probably play outside Sydney once all year
    6. Sea Eagles - Should be good, particularly if they get Moylan
    7. Panthers - Will dominate lower grades but not NRL
    8. Doggies - will be better
    9. Raiders - too inconsistent but could beat anyone
    10. Rabbitohs - change of coach + Inglis and Gagai should make them better
    11. Sharks - a year older
    12. Dragons - no explanation needed
    13. Tigers - will be better, but not good enough for the top 8
    14. Titans - should be starting pre-season soon and still no coach. Back Office not fixed yet
    15. Knights - Will improve, but not enough for top 8
    16. Warriors - I've given up on them since they had NZ spine and still finished well outside 8.

    I think 8-16 will be pretty close. Wouldn't be surprised if 26 points make the 8.

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Ice on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm

    It's so hard for a team not chock full of rep p,ayers to consistently make the 8 let alone the 4, that is why the likes of Storm, Broncos, Roosters, Cowboys, pretty much consistently make it, with the odd "write it off" year. Those team have zero excuse with their rosters not to make the 4, so for any other team to make it it is a solid effort.

    Eels will be in a dog fight for the top 8 given it will be close and there are a number of teams fighting for it. It will be a big disappointment if they don't make the 8, but it won't be a failed season if they don't make the 4 with their roster. There is no doubt we exceeded expectations this year, so teams will be really taking us seriously every week. We should still be good enough for the 8 though.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 482
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by dasherhalo on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm

    @Ice wrote:It's so hard for a team not chock full of rep p,ayers to consistently make the 8 let alone the 4, that is why the likes of Storm, Broncos, Roosters, Cowboys, pretty much consistently make it, with the odd "write it off" year. Those team have zero excuse with their rosters not to make the 4, so for any other team to make it it is a solid effort.

    Jeez you're a sook sometimes tongue

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Ice on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm

    @dasherhalo wrote:

    Jeez you're a sook sometimes tongue

    I know you gave me the "razz" emoji above, but seriously, how is that sooking? It is hard for teams not chock full of stars to consistently make the 4, it's even hard for some that are chock full to do it consistently especially if injuries play a role.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 482
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by dasherhalo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 am

    Sorry, it was the wrong one - I couldn't find the broken record emoji. You tend to weave in a mention of everyone else's advantages into nearly every post. it's quite the skill.....

    But seriously - it's the off season. Even Pieman and OSM / Ryno aren't fighting. I'm bored, don't read too much into it Smile



    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3804
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by filthridden on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am

    I don't have much hope for the Warriors but are people really convinced they'll get their first ever spoon?

    Don't see it. Harris and Blair are improvements over Hoffman and Lillyman.
    Be interesting to see who plays as five-eighth for us but I can't see us getting the spoon.

    I think we'll finish 8th-12th.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1478
    Reputation : 255
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 pm

    @dasherhalo wrote: Even Pieman and OSM / Ryno aren't fighting. I'm bored, don't read too much into it :)


    Never heard of her.

    Dip

    Posts : 1280
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Dip on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm

    @filthridden wrote:I don't have much hope for the Warriors but are people really convinced they'll get their first ever spoon?

    Don't see it. Harris and Blair are improvements over Hoffman and Lillyman.
    Be interesting to see who plays as five-eighth for us but I can't see us getting the spoon.

    I think we'll finish 8th-12th.

    Not really. More a protest against them that I pick them to be somewhere 4-8 pretty much every year, only for them to finish 13th. It'll be nice for them to finish above my prediction for a change. Those forwards are an improvement, but then on paper who ever is 5/8 will be a step down.

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by Ice on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 am

    @dasherhalo wrote:Sorry, it was the wrong one - I couldn't find the broken record emoji. You tend to weave in a mention of everyone else's advantages into nearly every post. it's quite the skill.....

    But seriously - it's the off season. Even Pieman and OSM / Ryno aren't fighting. I'm bored, don't read too much into it Smile




    Haha, fair enough. I can't see how mentioning having multiple reps stars a couple times is "weaving" anything, but accept when you're as shite as the Eels have been over many years, you do see the good that other teams possess quite easily.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 870
    Reputation : 79
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Long Range Ladder Predictor

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 am

    @leaguegod wrote:breaking mine into 5 tiers, i have done orders in the tiers but they are all fairly close

    Tier 1 (avoiding injury, they will the biggest title threats)
    Roosters
    Cowboys
    storm

    Tier 2 (look like safe bets for the 8 but still a rung below the top 3)
    Parra
    Broncos
    Cronulla

    Tier 3 (capable of really contending but also capable of not making the Cool
    Raiders
    Penrith
    Dragons

    Tier 4 (will compete for a top 8 spot most of the season, likely at least 1 ends up making it)
    Manly
    Souths
    Bulldogs

    Tier 5 ( hard to put one of these 4 up yet but i am sure at least 1 goes better, if i had to pick it would be tigers)
    Tigers
    Warriors
    Knights
    Titans

    if pearce does indeed sign with manly, i'm putting them up a tier

    if i was to move a team down to replace them, it'd probably be the raiders

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 am