NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Premier League

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Fantasy Premier League - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantasy Premier League

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:12 am

Revraiser wrote:

A messy start ?

Only problem is having enough money to change the squad enough

It's more a money-making exercise Rev. There is a 2-week window (because of the break for international matches), so there is an extra week for player prices to rise and fall.

At the start of the trading period, trade out all the players who are going to lose money, and in their place trade in players who are going to make the most money. At the end of the trade period (after the majority of the price changes have occured) do some fine-tuning/tweaking to the team.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

It's more a money-making exercise Rev. There is a 2-week window (because of the break for international matches), so there is an extra week for player prices to rise and fall.

At the start of the trading period, trade out all the players who are going to lose money, and in their place trade in players who are going to make the most money. At the end of the trade period (after the majority of the price changes have occured) do some fine-tuning/tweaking to the team.

Of you get the selections right thats great, but with your wildcard then used how do u disperse the surplus ? Week to week as needed ?

Last edited by Revraiser on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Of you get the selections right thats great, but with your wildcard then used hiw do u disperse the surplus ? Weel to week as needed ?

The price changes are based on net transfers in and out, so you base your selling and buying based on the transfer patterns that you see emerging after the first match of the round. The earlier you can sell a player who is being offloaded by a lot of teams and the earlier you can buy I player that is being grabbed by a lot of teams, the better.

Just like in VSDT and NRL, the higher the overall value of your team, the more top/expensive players you can afford. At the end of the season, (in theory) somebody who has £110 mill should be able to field a better team than somebody who has only £100 mill. So, trying to make money is an important factor in the game.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

The price changes are based on net transfers in and out, so you base your selling and buying based on the transfer patterns that you see emerging after the first match of the round. The earlier you can sell a player who is being offloaded by a lot of teams and the earlier you can buy I player that is being grabbed by a lot of teams, the better.

Just like in VSDT and NRL, the higher the overall value of your team, the more top/expensive players you can afford. At the end of the season, (in theory) somebody who has £110 mill should be able to field a better team than somebody who has only £100 mill. So, trying to make money is an important factor in the game.

Yeah i get the first paragraph, just curious about the using of profits. But i guess obviously u mean overall, come seasons end and each week if u have been able to move players in and out more comfortably as a result of the buy/sell.

You jumped on Alonso or Sigurdsson ?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah i get the first paragraph, just curious about the using of profits. But i guess obviously u mean overall, come seasons end and each week if u have been able to move players in and out more comfortably as a result of the buy/sell.

You jumped on Alonso or Sigurdsson ?

I have bought 10 new players (held on to 5 players). Alonso is one of those 10 purchases, but not Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson is still negative in net trades atm, but I will be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of weeks.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Spectre wrote:http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk

Good stuff Spectre.  Very Happy

For those who are interested, Milchy also posted some links/info about price changes on page 2 of this thread.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t558p20-fantasy-premier-league
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Cheers lads.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

I have bought 10 new players (held on to 5 players). Alonso is one of those 10 purchases, but not Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson is still negative in net trades atm, but I will be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of weeks.

Well i have made a sloppy start, down in the bottom 4 in our epl league. Milch on top.

Not sure when I'll be using the wildcard. I could make a mess of it using it to early.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Well i have made a sloppy start, down in the bottom 4 in our epl league. Milch on top.

Not sure when I'll be using the wildcard. I could make a mess of it using it to early.

It's probably too late to play the wildcard for Round 4 if it hasn't already been played, since there have already been 7 prices rises this week.

If you are new to FPL, then you are probably better off playing it when you think your team needs major work. Be aware that a second wildcard becomes available in January, and if the first wildcard hasn't been played before then, it is forfeited (i.e. use it or lose it).
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

It's probably too late to play the wildcard for Round 4 if it hasn't already been played, since there have already been 7 prices rises this week.

If you are new to FPL, then you are probably better off playing it when you think your team needs major work. Be aware that a second wildcard becomes available in January, and if the first wildcard hasn't been played before then, it is forfeited (i.e. use it or lose it).

Yeah I've played a few years now, but just dont see prominent or significant price fluctuations week to week. And if u use the wildcards at what seems the right time, u can only make one trade a week (unless u sacrifice points) in the meantime. I feel like epl fantasy has a long way to go, alot of improvements to come.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:37 am

Thinking time to ship de bruyne to pogba/mith/salah.

Anyone know why game time was down for salah?

Also with this international week, should i hold off transfers until we hear of injuries?
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:22 am

Clack Bocks wrote:Think I may just sit on transfers this week, Pogba and myhtk look to be good options but I only have debruyne that I can use to get them in on one trade and while he's been poor I've read he's a must have.

So my question is, so I trade debruyne or not?

I would move DeBruyne on. His manager has him playing way to deep and is forever chopping and changing.
    Pogba or Mikki the obvious choices and hard to pick between the two but Mikki for consistency.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:24 pm

Revraiser wrote:

You get a 2nd wildcard in January so may we well use this early, especially if you have a few changes you'd like to make.

Also - despite what ST said , still not too late to use it this round.
    Yes there have been 7 price rises already - but its not like they'll drop price for the start of next round. You have already missed that price rise whether you use your wold card this round or next.

The trading system here means cash building is not a priority like it is in NRL comps. You generally won't pick a player solely for price gains. But certainly there are players who you want in your team that will only rise in price - and you want them sooner rather than later.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You get  a 2nd wildcard in January so may we well use this early, especially if you have a few changes you'd like to make.

Yes there have been 7 price rises already - but its not like they'll drop price for the start of next round. You have already missed that price rise whether you use your wold card this round or next.

The trading system here means cash building is not a priority like it is in NRL comps. You generally won't pick a player solely for price gains. But certainly there are players who you want in your team that will only rise in price - and you want them sooner rather than later.

A weekly list of said players Milchy, so we can all have the same team aka Nrl fantasy haha.
    But it is hard to pick the players that suit the rise and falling prices, given you would have thoughts on who u want to keep in ur team based on ability and form. It wont always match the recommended trade targets.

I hate international weekends re Epl. Atleast the lower english leagues are still on - yay Charlton !

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You get  a 2nd wildcard in January so may we well use this early, especially if you have a few changes you'd like to make.

IMO it depends on how and why you are using it Milchy. If you are only using it to improve your team then I suppose you are right, although why not try to buy a player BEFORE his price goes up?

Some (not all) of the players I have transferred in are purely for money-making purposes, and I don't want to keep them in my team. Of the 10 players I have bought, there are about 3 who I will probably sell before lockout starts. I'm hoping that they will increase by 0.2 before any players who I want to buy go up by 0.1. Also, there are some players who I'm interested in having in my team who are a chance of dropping in price before lockout starts.

I figure that if you are going to play your wildcard in a round, then you should try to play it as early as possible in order to squeeze the maximum benefit out of it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

IMO it depends on how and why you are using it Milchy. If you are only using it to improve your team then I suppose you are right, although why not try to buy a player BEFORE his price goes up?

Yes, the best time to play the wildcard was at the start of the round.

But its too late to do that, and using it late this round may be a better option than waiting a week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Lewis Brown my likely AE (or maybe Fuimaono)

A month ago you'd play Surgess without a question, but his recent form has been disappointing.

Tomorrow I'll just take a punt on whether to risk him or not.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Lewis Brown my likely AE (or maybe Fuimaono)

A month ago you'd play Surgess without a question, but his recent form has been disappointing.

Tomorrow I'll just take a punt on whether to risk him or not.

Whilst keeping an eye on the epl fantasy thread hey
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Yes, the best time to play the wildcard was at the start of the round.

But its too late to do that, and using it late this round may be a better option than waiting a week.

Maybe. It really depends on the individual, and only if they need to fix their team urgently (i.e. for Round 4, rather than waiting for a later round).

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am