NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

NRL Superstar vs Origin Liability

Dip

NRL Superstar vs Origin Liability

Post by Dip on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 pm

As previously confessed, I'm a bit of a sea nut around origin time. That usually lasts until the first NRL game following origin, so I have another day to still be a bit nasty. All the talk regarding Mitchell Pearce makes me wonder what a team would like like if you just picked guys who looked great in the NRL when they were selected, but never went close to that at origin and their selection eventually made you cringe. I've given preference to more recent players, but what does everyone think? Obviously can't have a bench full of NSW wingers and props, so have taken some liberty there, and just included them in the squad.

1. Brett Hodgson
    2. Nathan Merritt
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Dylan Walker
    5. Aquila Uate
    6. Cliff Lyons
    7. Mitchell Pearce
    8. Steve Simpson
    9. Michael Ennis
    10. Jason Poore
    11. Ben Creagh
    12. Dave Taylor
    13. Anthony Tupou
    14. Daly Cherry-Evans
    15. Trent Merrin
    16. Luke Bailey
    17. Aaron Woods

Squad: Brett White, Jason King, young Brett Morris, Michael Weyman, Hazam El Masri, Eric Grothe Jr, young Ryan Hoffman, Matt Bowen, Terry Campese

Oz Sport Mad

Re: NRL Superstar vs Origin Liability

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Dip wrote:As previously confessed, I'm a bit of a sea nut around origin time. That usually lasts until the first NRL game following origin, so I have another day to still be a bit nasty. All the talk regarding Mitchell Pearce makes me wonder what a team would like like if you just picked guys who looked great in the NRL when they were selected, but never went close to that at origin and their selection eventually made you cringe. I've given preference to more recent players, but what does everyone think? Obviously can't have a bench full of NSW wingers and props, so have taken some liberty there, and just included them in the squad.

1. Brett Hodgson
    2. Nathan Merritt
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Dylan Walker
    5. Aquila Uate
    6. Cliff Lyons
    7. Mitchell Pearce
    8. Steve Simpson
    9. Michael Ennis
    10. Jason Poore
    11. Ben Creagh
    12. Dave Taylor
    13. Anthony Tupou
    14. Daly Cherry-Evans
    15. Trent Merrin
    16. Luke Bailey
    17. Aaron Woods

Squad: Brett White, Jason King, young Brett Morris, Michael Weyman, Hazam El Masri, Eric Grothe Jr, young Ryan Hoffman, Matt Bowen, Terry Campese

I think you're taking the piss a little bit mate with selecting 3 QLDers out of the total 26 players you've mentioned.

Should have been zero selected....

No Worries

Re: NRL Superstar vs Origin Liability

Post by No Worries on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Similar vein to the piss take best NSW origin side I put up. Don't know you have picked the worst of the worst that NSW have picked. I slight spin would be those players who everyone but the selectors new were going to fail and couldn't make the step up.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:06 am