NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NSW Origin side 2018

    Share
    avatar
    Shanbon

    Posts : 2191
    Reputation : 269
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Shanbon on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:42 pm

    Can see this being an unders game and wont be surprised if QLD pull off the win. I think the Prior pick plays into QLDs hands, James should have been chosen.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2921
    Reputation : 303
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm


    He is certainly better than Glasby
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 2205
    Reputation : 1274
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Moose on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 pm

    @Pieman wrote:
    He is certainly better than Glasby
    Nathan Merritt at prop is better then Glasby.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2921
    Reputation : 303
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:00 pm

    wow, the Qlders are so scared that NSW are going to whitewash them this year that there hasnt been a single post about game 2 recently? amazing... maybe origin is dead again hey Qlders??? lol

    Will be a tight one, the addition of slater and ponga are great. Slater will most likely score a try and stop a couple. Might come down to a FG or penalty goal. NSW by 2.
    avatar
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 711
    Reputation : 216
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ozymandias on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:46 pm

    I'm an honorary Queenslander and I share the general theme that Prior over James is a surprise but also, that neither would let NSW down .... I just thought James had hit such a good run of form in the league - I'm pleased he's not playing
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 574
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by dasherhalo on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

    @Pieman wrote:wow, the Qlders are so scared that NSW are going to whitewash them this year that there hasnt been a single post about game 2 recently? amazing... maybe origin is dead again hey Qlders??? lol


    Scared? More like "resigned".

    You can have it for a while - we had it for so long it got boring Wink
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5531
    Reputation : 1902
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 31
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Honeysett on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:51 pm

    DCE in at halfback and Hunt onto the bench.
    Can we get Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman in to Mythbust this QLD loyalty BS
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1899
    Reputation : 357
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:31 am

    @Honeysett wrote:DCE in at halfback and Hunt onto the bench.
    Can we get Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman in to Mythbust this QLD loyalty BS

    were we supposed to pick Ponga to play injured?

    Good to see NSW still don't understand what 'pick-and-stick' actually means, it's not just selecting some-one and then going with him until he retires, it's about giving first crack to those that have done the job before... case in point - the last time the Blues won a series, they made more changes to their side for game 1 of the next year than the Maroons did.

    EDIT: so now that the teams are released it should be pointed out that the changes for a team that has lost the series are - Oates in for injured Inglis, Glasby in for injured Napa, and Cherry-Evans in for injured Ponga, but theres no such as loyalty, right? If the Blues were down 2-0 their entire 17 would be different from Game 1
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5531
    Reputation : 1902
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 31
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:33 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    were we supposed to pick Ponga to play injured?

    Good to see NSW still don't understand what 'pick-and-stick' actually means, it's not just selecting some-one and then going with him until he retires, it's about giving first crack to those that have done the job before... case in point - the last time the Blues won a series, they made more changes to their side for game 1 of the next year than the Maroons did.

    EDIT: so now that the teams are released it should be pointed out that the changes for a team that has lost the series are - Oates in for injured Inglis, Glasby in for injured Napa, and Cherry-Evans in for injured Ponga, but theres no such as loyalty, right? If the Blues were down 2-0 their entire 17 would be different from Game 1

    I didn't talk about Ponga or Inglis. Unless I was seeing things Ponga played off the bench and Hunt was 7. DCE is your 7 now which means you've dumped your halfback to the bench and. Will play as your back up hooker. That's where the loyalty is dead.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1899
    Reputation : 357
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I didn't talk about Ponga or Inglis. Unless I was seeing things Ponga played off the bench and Hunt was 7. DCE is your 7 now which means you've dumped your halfback to the bench and. Will play as your back up hooker. That's where the loyalty is dead.

    that's some pieman-level grasping at straws you're doing - in any form, loyalty isn't just gifted to you as soon as you walk in the door, it still has to be earned, Hunt is yet to play well at halfback for QLD, and hasn't looked like he might, so what's there to be loyal to? The way Chambers has been playing this year, he'd struggle to be picked for QLD-C on form, but he's been great for us in the past, so he's still there. That's loyalty.

    Again, you lot down there just don't get it, and that's fine, you can sit there and say 'b-but it easy when you're winning' all you want but then i repeat, the last time you won a series, the next year you still fucked around with you team more than we did.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2921
    Reputation : 303
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:32 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:DCE in at halfback and Hunt onto the bench.
    Can we get Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman in to Mythbust this QLD loyalty BS

    they cant even pick a halfback to last a series!
    At least we picked pearce for 3 games in a row when available!
    Hunt has been dropped to the bench and will play hooker from the bench. Dropped. Couldnt even give him 3 games.
    Milford has been DROPPED.
    Napa, DROPPED.
    Matt Scott, dropped.
    Boyd, dropped.

    Loyaltyyyy.... thats in queenslanddddddddddd

    so good!

    "you just dont get it" hahah what fucking bollocks. Of course you dont get it when it makes no sense. There is nothing to get.

    Hunt should have been given the chance to play a series at halfback.
    Milford should have been given the chance to play a series off the bench.
    Napa same - but nope.
    All dropped mid series.

    NSW rarely, if ever - dropped players (especially halves) mid-series.

    Loyatly... hahahahahahahaha fuck me dead. They are loyal to players when they win, then fuck them off FASTER than nsw do when they lose.

    too good!!




    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 pm

    I’m pretty sure Napa is injured but named 18th man as an outside chance. No way they picked Wallace over him
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2921
    Reputation : 303
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:18 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Pretty cool for the team who gave Myles, Lilyman, Guerra and Thaiday rep jerseys in 2017 to be lectured on "loyalty" by the team who debuted 13 players this series. Thats an entire starting side worth of turnover.

    and then dropped them as soon as they lost 1 game. If anything, that example shows how DISLOYAL they are.
    Didnt even give them a chance to make up for 1 loss.

    lose one game - you are gone. Thats the QLD policy.
    Ive never once said that NSW were the most loyal team, no one ever has - where as you 2heads have been harping on about it for years and years claiming it as one of your great traits.

    As soon as QLD lose a game, there are changes to the side. That is now a cold hard fact and there is literally nothing you can use to sustain this loyalty myth.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1862
    Reputation : 375
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:09 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    and then dropped them as soon as they lost 1 game. If anything, that example shows how DISLOYAL they are.
    Didnt even give them a chance to make up for 1 loss.

    lose one game - you are gone. Thats the QLD policy.
    Ive never once said that NSW were the most loyal team, no one ever has - where as you 2heads have been harping on about it for years and years claiming it as one of your great traits.

    As soon as QLD lose a game, there are changes to the side. That is now a cold hard fact and there is literally nothing you can use to sustain this loyalty myth.

    You seem to be under the impression that "loyalty" means that a position for life. It's a spot in the most successful representative football team in modern history, not a supreme court justice.

    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 574
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by dasherhalo on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:13 pm

    Jesus mate. calm down, will ya? I understand you've finally stung one series victory together, and it's been a long, dark winter, so, sure, blow off some steam, but get some new material, will ya?

    You're going to be intolerable if you win next year, i can see it!!

    Ice

    Posts : 1299
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ice on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 pm

    NSW haven't been loyal when they lose, and also sometimes when they win. They make changes in order to improve their chances in the next contest.

    Qld are exactly the same.

    Why is this even a discussion?

    If people believe the above are not the facts, and one is really more loyal than the other when all other things are equal, they really are kidding themselves.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1862
    Reputation : 375
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 am

    @Ice wrote:NSW haven't been loyal when they lose, and also sometimes when they win. They make changes in order to improve their chances in the next contest.

    Qld are exactly the same.

    Why is this even a discussion?

    If people believe the above are not the facts, and one is really more loyal than the other when all other things are equal, they really are kidding themselves.

    Because the facts show that, historically, a winning NSW side makes as many changes as a losing QLD side does, while a winning QLD side picks players who are barely out of reserve grade, based on loyalty to the job they'd done previously. Look at the data from the last NSW 3 series streak, both teams used the name number of players +/-1 over that 3 years. Sure, its a while ago, but when it comes to NSW winning streaks all we have is historical data to go by - no modern information exists.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2921
    Reputation : 303
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:34 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    You seem to be under the impression that "loyalty" means that a position for life. It's a spot in the most successful representative football team in modern history, not a supreme court justice.

    Not at all - but if you think loyalty is dropping someone after 1 or 2 losses - a guy who didnt even play that badly - then youre off ya head.
    Blokes deserve a whole series - and at least deserve 1 game to make up for 1 loss (like last year).
    The greats of the side deserve a chance to go out on their own terms, which has clearly not happened for all of the guys that were integral parts of the most successful team in modern history. It is utterly indisputable that QLD want to give themselves the best chance to win, and in doing so - they will literally drop legends of their side. Loyaltyyyyyyy, thats in QLD.

    @dasherhalo wrote:Jesus mate. calm down, will ya? I understand you've finally stung one series victory together, and it's been a long, dark winter, so, sure, blow off some steam, but get some new material, will ya?

    You're going to be intolerable if you win next year, i can see it!!
    Pretty calm Des tongue

    QLD have been ramming their "loyalty" policy myth down our throats for years and years.
    Its just so good to see it come back and bite you guys in the ass, and for the myth to be exposed for the myth that it is.
    It keeps getting a run because every game the myth is busted even more.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 574
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by dasherhalo on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21 am

    Yeah, you probably need a few more wins before you learn how to win graciously. We had a fair bit of practice at it, to be fair.

    You could mount a case for it simply being a new coach, therefore new rules? I mean - Mal stuck with the guys that embarrassed you for a decade or so, so maybe Kevvie isn't drinking from the same cool-aid?

    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3644
    Reputation : 1031
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Krump on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 am

    @dasherhalo wrote:Yeah, you probably need a few more wins before you learn how to win graciously. We had a fair bit of practice at it, to be fair.

    You could mount a case for it simply being a new coach, therefore new rules? I mean - Mal stuck with the guys that embarrassed you for a decade or so, so maybe Kevvie isn't drinking from the same cool-aid?

    Very graciously said Laugh 3

      Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:07 pm