NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Origin side 2018

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

NSW Origin side 2018 - Page 12 Empty Re: NSW Origin side 2018

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Ice wrote:

You're having a laugh! Jayne single handedly wonNSW the 2014 Origin and took Parra to the GF and has ALWAYs, prior to leaving for NFL, had to carry his side and won 2 Dally Ms and two Brad Fittler medals and a WC best player award in the process.  Yes HAS lifted those around him, he constantly has team mates and coaches (Henry aside) crediting him for lifting team moral and spirits, contrary to what the media would have you believe, you never hear that about Dugan.  He has plenty of faults,  no doubt, but they are not the same, and I'm not advocating Haynes selection in Origin.  

Ice, you should have heeded your Mum's warnings......as I'm afraid you've clearly been blinded by too much masturbating about JHayne.

Let me kindly point out the immense similarities with what you mentioned and your lover boy:

Benefited from playing in a shit hot Aussie team - tick.
    Cock head - tick.
    Culture issues - tick.
    Contributed to the poor NSW culture - tick.
    Played well personally (at times) but doesn't lift other around him - tick.
    No contribution to any positive vibes - tick.
    Always about Jarry Hayne to Jarryd Hayne - super tick.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 pm

What I would give for Ponga to be from NSW
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Ice, you should have heeded your Mum's warnings......as I'm afraid you've clearly been blinded by too much masturbating about JHayne.

Let me kindly point out the immense similarities with what you mentioned and your lover boy:

Benefited from playing in a shit hot Aussie team - tick.
    Cock head - tick.
    Culture issues - tick.
    Contributed to the poor NSW culture - tick.
    Played well personally (at times) but doesn't lift other around him - tick.
    No contribution to any positive vibes - tick.
    Always about Jarry Hayne to Jarryd Hayne - super tick.

Rightio, seems about right.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm

How smart is Gould the slimy cunt.
    Hasnt had a thing to do with origin for 15 years, as soon as Smith, Cronk, Thurston retire - Boom - back on the coaching staff
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Reassess your teams.
    Or is Gus a wanker?

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/state-of-origin-gus-gould-freddy-fittler-/1h6b8g1vxjr9l1b4c7j71o8b5l

Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 am

code delta wrote:Reassess your teams.
    Or is Gus a wanker?

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/state-of-origin-gus-gould-freddy-fittler-/1h6b8g1vxjr9l1b4c7j71o8b5l

To be honest, I'd be more than comfortable with this approach, I've never been sold on Boyd Cordner being our leader long term or even a certain selection, so what might that type of team look like, a team with ALL debutants:

1. TTurbo
    2. Cotric
    3. Mitchell
    4. Roberts/Scott
    5. JAC
    6. Keary/Green
    7. Cleary (c)
    8. RCG
    9. Cook/McInness
    10. Vaughan
    11. Crichton
    12. De Belin
    13. Finnucane

14. McInness/Cook/Peachey
    15. Sims
    16. James/Boyd/Paulo/Haas
    17. Who else?

The team would have absolutely no right to win this year, but keep them together, or the core together, and who knows, but if he goes this way, he at least buys himself a few series given nobody would expect a win but they might see the potential. If he just bloods a few and sticks with the losers that have come before, then what does that achieve? I actually really like the idea.

Bring it on Freddy!

Last edited by Ice on Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 am

Pieman wrote:How smart is Gould the slimy cunt.
    Hasnt had a thing to do with origin for 15 years, as soon as Smith, Cronk, Thurston retire - Boom - back on the coaching staff

Yep, about as smart as Mal
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 am

as if they wouldnt pick JTrbo, tedesco or friz.
    blooding an entirely new side is fucking stupid just for the sake of picking new guys IMO.

Honestly - a side with debutants:
    TTrbo, Mitchell, JAC, Cleary, JDB, Vaughn, RCG, Cook and or Mcinnes and or peachy, possibly crichton and or sims, possibly aitken - is more than enough players to change a culture.

Tedesco has never played a bad game for NSW, JTrbo has played like what? 3 games for nsw? friz is always one of if not NSW best forward too. IMO, JTrbo is picked and is the captain. Klemmer dropped? fuck off.. hes brilliant in origin

Im all for dropping dead weight like Woods, dugan, fergo, peats, even possibly cordner (who is horribly out of form but has never played badly for nsw) but fuck me, starting over 100% is redic IMO
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 am

What happens if they run with that theory and lose again? Do they all get dropped next year for another lot of debutants?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 am

Ice wrote:

Yep, about as smart as Mal

You spelt Michael Hagan wrong
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 am

Pieman wrote:as if they wouldnt pick JTrbo, tedesco or friz.
    blooding an entirely new side is fucking stupid just for the sake of picking new guys IMO.

Honestly - a side with debutants:
    TTrbo, Mitchell, JAC, Cleary, JDB, Vaughn, RCG, Cook and or Mcinnes and or peachy, possibly crichton and or sims, possibly aitken - is more than enough players to change a culture.

Tedesco has never played a bad game for NSW, JTrbo has played like what? 3 games for nsw? friz is always one of if not NSW best forward too. IMO, JTrbo is picked and is the captain. Klemmer dropped? fuck off.. hes brilliant in origin

Im all for dropping dead weight like Woods, dugan, fergo, peats, even possibly cordner (who is horribly out of form but has never played badly for nsw) but fuck me, starting over 100% is redic IMO

No stupider than picking the same people and expecting a different result.

That said, I agree, if I was keeping some, it would be JTurbo as skipper, Tedesco, Frizell and Klemmer.

I'd probably go:

Tedesco
    TTurbo
    Mitchell
    Aiken
    JAC/Cotric
    Green
    Cleary
    RCG
    Cook
    Vaughan
    Crichton
    Frizell
    JTurbo

Peachey
    Klemmer
    De Belin
    Finnucane/McClean in fit
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 16, 2018 10:47 am

cordner hasn't set the world on fire this year but before last week either had crighton and what now suddenly he jumps our captain who was damn good last series ? fuck that, cordner will be there and rightly so

incumbents who should 100% keep their spot imo

teddy, cordner, maloney, klem, Jtrbo & friz

i think the only 2 who have any shot apart form those are probably duges (if fit) and fergo but they wouldn't be in my 17.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm

I wouldn't say he was damned good, I'd say it could be argued he was one of the better performed of a group who have had plenty of chances.

I'd honestly not have any issues if he was not selected. Saying Cordner should hold his spot cause he is skipper and was one of the better performed is the same argument that saw Gallen continue to get a run.

I have no doubt Cordner will be there, I just think he is or ever should be a certainty if others are going better. I take your point re Crighton though.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 pm

All I'm saying is, I don't think our chances are significantly down on what they already are, if we ran with all those debutants.

Can someone please explain, when you look at likely lineups, why NSW would in any way be favourites for this game?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 pm

incumbency from a losing side probably shouldn't hold to much value* but i think at the very least the players trying to get in over the incumbents need to have had some good form for a pro longed period themself. i personally had crighton as a big chance in the preseason but he has been quiet despite playing behind a pretty strong performing middle @ souths.

Sims is probably the only edge backrower in good enough form to warrant but i can't see any of us wanting sims as our starting left edge backrower.

* but i still the performances should, cordner has performed well at this level before.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Ice wrote:All I'm saying is, I don't think our chances are significantly down on what they already are, if we ran with all those debutants.

Can someone please explain, when you look at likely lineups, why NSW would in any way be favourites for this game?

we will be favorites and we need to stop hiding from that

i think our middles (RCG, klem, vaughn, Jtrbo & JDB) are all playing strong footy and i've got a heap of confidence of these guys getting on top of the QLD forward. Smith may be part of the spine that is always better then us but don't underestimate the effect he had in the middle of the park, QLD have lost that, they will now also struggle for a goal kicker.

i probably rate the QLD halves higher but i think the gap is significantly smaller and if we do get on top in the middle, i think we can get the results we need

QLD probably also have a better backline based on having GI & slater. but i think our players are good enough to finish off the chances the pack will hopefully give them

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Doesn't matter how good your halves are if you aren't wining the battle in the forwards. Especially in origin.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Hunt, Munster, Morgan have all shown they cant win without their forwards being on top (Cronk Smith Thurston always could) so now our strength may finally outweigh QLDs strength. Its why my side has 4 middle players on the bench to rotate with the 4 middles on the field, keep them fresh and going forward and we will win
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 am

last night on fox they were talking about the halves -
    they reckon the halfback will be Moses and the six is either Keary or Green.
    If that happens, freddy can fuck right off. Moses doesnt deserve to be the waterboy let alone the halfback, Keary - i have never been sold on. Green, yeah he is solid but an Origin player? I duno. I honestly wouldnt hate a halves pairing of Brooks and Cleary.

They also said that gus said there will be a few players there that will seem left field (I assume someone like finucane, who ironically has been shithouse this year)
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am

leaguegod wrote:

we will be favorites and we need to stop hiding from that

i think our middles (RCG, klem, vaughn, Jtrbo & JDB) are all playing strong footy and i've got a heap of confidence of these guys getting on top of the QLD forward. Smith may be part of the spine that is always better then us but don't underestimate the effect he had in the middle of the park, QLD have lost that, they will now also struggle for a goal kicker.

i probably rate the QLD halves higher but i think the gap is significantly smaller and if we do get on top in the middle, i think we can get the results we need

QLD probably also have a better backline based on having GI & slater. but i think our players are good enough to finish off the chances the pack will hopefully give them

The only Blue supporter with any sense.

Dead right and thus a massive series for the OLD forward pack.
    The likes of Scott, McGuire (if fit), Napa, Wallace, Hess, Cooper etc. are all fairly horribly out of their best form and are really going to have to step up quite a few notches.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm