NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NSW Origin side 2018

    Share
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3446
    Reputation : 963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Krump on Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 pm

    I have no faith in Freddy making the right decisions, can see him screwing our best chance in years.
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 2205
    Reputation : 1274
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Moose on Wed May 02, 2018 3:03 pm

    @Krump wrote:I have no faith in Freddy making the right decisions, can see him screwing our best chance in years.
    If NSW can't beat a QLD side without Thurston and Cronk then you have to wonder what is going on.
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3446
    Reputation : 963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Krump on Wed May 02, 2018 3:11 pm

    @Moose wrote:
    If NSW can't beat a QLD side without Thurston and Cronk then you have to wonder what is going on.
    It'll be on Freddy, the halves have been the only difference in recent years. Only one home game though so that makes it harder.
    I just hope he doesn't pick Keary, I really don't care how well he's playing the last person i want around the team is someone who considers himself a QLDer.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5469
    Reputation : 1875
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 02, 2018 3:43 pm

    I'm with you there Krumpet. You wanted to be a QLDer as far as I'm concerned he could be the best player in the comp and I wouldn't want him playing for NSW. It's about pride in the jersey and when push comes to shove he doesn't have that burning desire to play for NSW. That's what makes Origin special for me. I would have him permanently delisted.

    Freddy deserves more credit than he's given, I like the appointment. He's a winner. He wins everywhere he goes and players respect him because he was a great of our game. Not that his opinion is the be all and end all but Wally Lewis came out just after the appointment and said not to take him lightly because he comes off as a joker - he's a winner for a reason.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ice on Sun May 06, 2018 10:37 pm

    I think this round might have confirmed a few positions in Fittlers mind based on what I've seen, heard and read.

    Good news on Graham, another who looked like a certainty who I wouldn't pick is confirmed out. I think Fittler will have these guys locked in.

    1. Tedesco
    2. Addo-Carr
    3. Aiken
    4.
    5.
    6. Maloney
    7.
    8.
    9. McInnes
    10.
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13.

    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.

    Others I think are certainties but not sure if starters or bench.
    Jake Trbojevic
    RCG
    De Belin
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Mon May 07, 2018 4:49 pm

    Jake trbo would 100% be starting.
    Klemmer is a certainty in the side.
    TTrbo is a certainty for a backline position, possibly centre now Dugan is injured

    I dont think Aitken is a certainty.
    I wouldnt hate having him but he is by no means a certainty.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ice on Mon May 07, 2018 5:46 pm

    @Pieman wrote:Jake trbo would 100% be starting.
    Klemmer is a certainty in the side.
    TTrbo is a certainty for a backline position, possibly centre now Dugan is injured

    I dont think Aitken is a certainty.
    I wouldnt hate having him but he is by no means a certainty.

    I think Aiken is now. He will be there.

    I don't think TTurbo is if he isn't FB, especially if Gould has the ear of Fittler, I'd have him, but I feel Fergo is in front of him but neither are certainties for mine. Wouldn't surprise at all if neither are there or both are there.

    Agree re Klemmer.

    Maloney saying Keary, Graham or Bird are three contenders to partner him, obviously before he heard the news on Graham.  If any of those three are the other half, we are gone before the start.  NOne should be in the halves.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1349
    Reputation : 340
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 pm

    @Ice wrote:

    I think Aiken is now. He will be there.

    I don't think TTurbo is if he isn't FB, especially if Gould has the ear of Fittler, I'd have him, but I feel Fergo is in front of him but neither are certainties for mine. Wouldn't surprise at all if neither are there or both are there.

    Agree re Klemmer.

    Maloney saying Keary, Graham or Bird are three contenders to partner him, obviously before he heard the news on Graham.  If any of those three are the other half, we are gone before the start.  NOne should be in the halves.

    Aitken should be there - may not be though.

    I'd be very surprised (but happy as a QLDer) if JAC made it before TTurbo and Fergo, so not sure how he is a certainty??
    Surely it's not on the back of his hattrick this weekend, given Munster won't be there during SOO to gift him simple tries?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Mon May 07, 2018 9:21 pm

    OZ arent you one to sing the praises of Holmes scoring 5 or 6 tries in the world cup games?
    Or to sing the praises of boyd on the left wing for QLD?

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1349
    Reputation : 340
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm

    @Pieman wrote:OZ arent you one to sing the praises of Holmes scoring 5 or 6 tries in the world cup games?
    Or to sing the praises of boyd on the left wing for QLD?

    Nah wasn't me mate and it would be a different story if there was better options (ala NSW).

    Just can't fathom how TTurbo isn't a certainty but JAC is - they are worlds apart.



    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Tue May 08, 2018 7:04 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Nah wasn't me mate and it would be a different story if there was better options (ala NSW).

    Just can't fathom how TTurbo isn't a certainty but JAC is - they are worlds apart.




    Lol yeah right
    as soon as its a NSW winger outside them - they are being gifted tries. too good

    I think they both are certainties, considering the injuries to dugan and mansour. Its time nsw move on from the dugans and fergo's of the world and bring through the next generation.

    JAC is a quality try scoring match winning winger. Has hardly any errors in his game any more and can score a try from anywhere. Yes his defence is an issue if he has oates running at him but if its gagai he should be fine.

    also it will be interesting to see the QLD loyalty myth get blown out the window again when they dont pick boyd
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Tue May 08, 2018 7:06 am

    fuck i hope we pick cook on the bench
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1783
    Reputation : 359
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by ryno_ on Tue May 08, 2018 7:32 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Lol yeah right
    as soon as its a NSW winger outside them - they are being gifted tries. too good

    I think they both are certainties, considering the injuries to dugan and mansour. Its time nsw move on from the dugans and fergo's of the world and bring through the next generation.

    JAC is a quality try scoring match winning winger. Has hardly any errors in his game any more and can score a try from anywhere. Yes his defence is an issue if he has oates running at him but if its gagai he should be fine.

    also it will be interesting to see the QLD loyalty myth get blown out the window again when they dont pick boyd

    Dugan's been your best outside back over the last 6 or 7 years. Maybe a Morris or Stewart might come close for ticker levels but Dugan is a big game player. Never had a bad rep game. If he's healthy, he should be there. He also isn't the size of a 17 year old, so doesnt have a question mark over his defence.

    Loyalty is a myth? In 2017 Thaiday, Myles, Guerra and Lillyman got rep jerseys. In 20fucking17. That's loyalty for you.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ice on Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Nah wasn't me mate and it would be a different story if there was better options (ala NSW).

    Just can't fathom how TTurbo isn't a certainty but JAC is - they are worlds apart.



    I think TTurbo should be a certainty, he would absolutely be in my side. But the certainties I listed were what I think Fittlers certainties are and he loves JAC, so take it up with Freddy, not me.

    JAC is a wing certainty in Fittlers side cause he has been performing on the wing for well over a year is currently red hot and Fittler loves him.

    TTurbo isn't because he is not a winger, so Teddy is slightly ahead for the FB spot and I imagine there are concerns playing a player out of position on debut I Origin. Not my concerns, I'd ha e him, but I'm not convinced Fittler is brace enough To do that.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1059
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by leaguegod on Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 am

    inglis playing better footy makes dugan a bigger option if healthy too imo, him @ right centre opposite GI with trell being on the left with JAC makes sense

    also if our back 3 is JJAC, Ttrbo and teddy, while all are ok working out from their own end, none of them are gonna be that great at making those hard early set yards, duges has done a good job of that his whole origin career (its where we will miss mansour aswell)


    i think the pack is starting to round out

    locked in (havn't done starters and bench because who starts is harder to predict)

    Props locked in: klem & RCG
    Second rowers: Friz & cordner
    Locks: JDB & JAke T


    i think hooker is still a close call between mcinness and cooks tbh, both playing well. i would not be shocked if freddy picks both over picking a guy like peachey, not sure i would but its gonna be an option

    i don't think its a sure thing but vaughn and sims rounding out the bench seems to be trending in the media and a fair chance too

    dragons are playing awesome but i'm a bit concerned about having so many of them. are they all playing well enough to justify selection ? or is the performance of those around them making some (sims i guess in particular) look better then they actually are ? don't get me wrong, i'd probs picks sims but its gotta be a concern for mine

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1349
    Reputation : 340
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    Lol yeah right
    as soon as its a NSW winger outside them - they are being gifted tries. too good

    I think they both are certainties, considering the injuries to dugan and mansour. Its time nsw move on from the dugans and fergo's of the world and bring through the next generation.

    JAC is a quality try scoring match winning winger. Has hardly any errors in his game any more and can score a try from anywhere. Yes his defence is an issue if he has oates running at him but if its gagai he should be fine.

    also it will be interesting to see the QLD loyalty myth get blown out the window again when they dont pick boyd

    JAC has scored some great tries in recent times but did you actually watch the game on the weekend mate?
    Munster was deadset immense and even I could have scored the tries JAC did.

    I was just trying to figure out why he was all of a sudden a 'certainty' and I suspected it was purely based on racking up a hattie, rather than actually watching the game.
    Having said that maybe you did watch the game and I foolishly gave you more credit than you deserve (i.e. greater than zero).

    As for the defensive issue, you raise a good point although at the same time, I think you significantly underestimate Gagai.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Tue May 08, 2018 5:18 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Dugan's been your best outside back over the last 6 or 7 years. Maybe a Morris or Stewart might come close for ticker levels but Dugan is a big game player. Never had a bad rep game. If he's healthy, he should be there. He also isn't the size of a 17 year old, so doesnt have a question mark over his defence.

    Loyalty is a myth? In 2017 Thaiday, Myles, Guerra and Lillyman got rep jerseys. In 20fucking17. That's loyalty for you.
    dugan is injured, yep he most likely will be there if he is available, but from all reports he ruins the culture of a side, so fuck him
    Dugan hasnt been the best outside over the last 6 or 7 years lol. Hayne has, tedesco has. Dugan generally plays well though, yep.
    yeah then they all got dropped after one bad game - without the chance to redeem themselves. loyalty lol
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Pieman on Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    JAC has scored some great tries in recent times but did you actually watch the game on the weekend mate?
    Munster was deadset immense and even I could have scored the tries JAC did.

    I was just trying to figure out why he was all of a sudden a 'certainty' and I suspected it was purely based on racking up a hattie, rather than actually watching the game.
    Having said that maybe you did watch the game and I foolishly gave you more credit than you deserve (i.e. greater than zero).

    As for the defensive issue, you raise a good point although at the same time, I think you significantly underestimate Gagai.
    yeah mate - he scored some wingers gift tries, just like boyd has his whole career on the left wing outside of slater, smith (and so on) and just like val homes did for australia. fuck its funny that now its a NSW winger, you are downplaying them, I have never read you downplaying any of boyds or holmes' rep tries.

    too funny

    we were saying he was a certainty before the game just gone, because he has been the best winger in the game this season. The defence thing, I say that because of they are roughly the same size where are Oates would steamroll him 1 on 1. Gagai is far far less likely to do that.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by Ice on Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 pm

    I can't come at Sims. If he is selected, lock this in right now...........

    "And Sims is penalised for a late hit/laying on the man in the tackle/illegal strip/high shot/incorrect play the ball" and Qld score in the next set. Lock it in right now, one of those things will occur. He has talked himself up, has never fulfilled his potential, and I just don't think he should be there.

    As for Dugan, again, I don't care about his size, how he brings the ball back, what he has done before, he is a twat and really, has never been a winner, and has a clear track re ord of hurting the culture of the team. Freddy can really draw a line in the sand this year by leaving out Dugan and Fergo, I just hope to fuck he does.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 568
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW Origin side 2018

    Post by dasherhalo on Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am

    Hmmmm. If y'all still need a half, you can have DCE? We don't mind, really....

    * no returns accepted.

      Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 pm