NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1697
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:56 pm

    Nrl4Life wrote:

    Does anyone know any good trades for this team only 11 playing in round 19?

    I think I'd look at Feeney to DCE next week. I doubt Feeney starts again barring injury. DCE gives you a solid Reserve for the run home-something you are lacking mate unfortunately.

    You should still have enough cash left to upgrade Hodgson to McInnes but could be tight depending on how much DCE goes up.
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:06 pm

    SI wrote:

    I think I'd look at Feeney to DCE next week.  I doubt Feeney starts again barring injury.  DCE gives you a solid Reserve for the run home-something you are lacking mate unfortunately.

    You should still have enough cash left to upgrade Hodgson to McInnes but could be tight depending on how much DCE goes up.  

    I think my trades will be Hodgson to McInnes/McCull and Fui to Fifita. My reserves for the run home will be McInnes/McCull, Vaughan, Brown, JDB.
    Thanks anywhere maybe if Curtis Scott continues playing I will move Hayne in his position and get Teddy.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1697
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:11 pm

    Johnny B Goode wrote:
    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I had 16 in 12, 16 in 15, 14 in 18(after Whare and Scott withdrawals). Byes are the chance to pounce and make up ground or solidify a lead
     

    Yes I am aware of that. I would never have found myself in the Top 10 if I hadn't had a big Round 12. Still it's clear I haven't planned as well as someone like you has. It does make me wonder how many keepers you have out of those big numbers though and what your plans are post-Origin.  

    You've hit the nail on the head. I've quite often made up massive ground over the byes but then left with just a good team in the run home, not a great team.

    Last year as an example I went from 8000 before Round 12 to as low as 190. However, I had no charge home and slowly but surely drifted out to 360th. Very similar story the year prior; in fact the graphs were almost identical.

    Very similar yet again this year-4800 before Round 12, hope to be 400th after this round. I have made the ground I wanted BAR ONE FUCKING ROUND in Round 14 where I had an absolute shocker: Semi 12, Maubbs 15, Finucane 16, Brailey 16, Niko 17 Vomit . That one round cost me 1200 places.

    I will have a good team, but not great in the run home again.

    Smith
    Fifita, Brown, Tolman
    Surgess, Crichton, Manners, JDB, Finucane
    SJ, Cleary
    Turbo, Maubbs, Smat
    Munster, Slater, Dedwards

    Clearly that is not good enough to make ground without luck after the byes.

    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1264
    Reputation : 301
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:12 pm

    Johnny B Goode wrote:
     

    Yes I am aware of that. I would never have found myself in the Top 10 if I hadn't had a big Round 12. Still it's clear I haven't planned as well as someone like you has. It does make me wonder how many keepers you have out of those big numbers though and what your plans are post-Origin.  

    Team pretty much set aside from Fifita and a FRF/2RF keeper to come in for JBrom. Only had a few cash outs and tried to avoid mid rangers as much as possible
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1697
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:16 pm

    Nrl4Life wrote:
    SI wrote:

    I think I'd look at Feeney to DCE next week.  I doubt Feeney starts again barring injury.  DCE gives you a solid Reserve for the run home-something you are lacking mate unfortunately.

    You should still have enough cash left to upgrade Hodgson to McInnes but could be tight depending on how much DCE goes up.  

    I think my trades will be Hodgson to McInnes/McCull and Fui to Fifita. My reserves for the run home will be McInnes/McCull, Vaughan, Brown, JDB.
    Thanks anywhere maybe if Curtis Scott continues playing I will move Hayne in his position and get Teddy.

    Good call on the Fifita trade. Just bear in mind though that you have no cover if you lose a half, as opposed to your other positions. But yes, I'd probably go all out and grab Fifita.
    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1264
    Reputation : 301
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:16 pm

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Team pretty much set aside from Fifita and a FRF/2RF keeper to come in for JBrom. Only had a few cash outs and tried to avoid mid rangers as much as possible

    Final team will be

    Smith Mcinnes
    Fifita NBrown JTurbo/Taupau
    Crichton Gallen Taumalolo Buhrer JDB
    Cleary SJ
    Sione Hayne
    Walker Mansour RTS

    Semi as 18th man and Lane as 19th
    No stand out centres to upgrade Hayne to and might still spend a trade on RTS to Tedesco
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2971
    Reputation : 417
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:30 pm

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Final team will be

    Smith Mcinnes
    Fifita NBrown JTurbo/Taupau
    Crichton Gallen Taumalolo Buhrer JDB
    Cleary SJ
    Sione Hayne
    Walker Mansour RTS

    Semi as 18th man and Lane as 19th
    No stand out centres to upgrade Hayne to and might still spend a trade on RTS to Tedesco


    Good team though you are a bold one with Mr Glass
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

    Just got McCullough will Niko steal his minutes?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1697
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:12 pm

    Nrl4Life wrote:Just got McCullough will Niko steal his minutes?

    You don't gain anything by doing the trade now. Reverse and wait till next week mate.
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:19 pm

    SI wrote:

    You don't gain anything by doing the trade now.  Reverse and wait till next week mate.

    Yeah reversed it. I'm first in a group of ten people which pretty much all have Smith and McInnes.
    Next week Broncos take on the Knights and McCullough could get 60-70 points do you think Niko will steal his minutes.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4697
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm

    Nrl4Life wrote:

    Yeah reversed it. I'm first in a group of ten people which pretty much all have Smith and McInnes.
    Next week Broncos take on the Knights and McCullough could get 60-70 points do you think Niko will steal his minutes.

    I think you're being overly optimistic on Macca's score. He's a tackling machine & I don't think he'll be doing much defense. However close to the line he likes to have a go so there's a possibility he could score a try. I'm not sure how Niko will play out. So far he's been coming on in the halves & Macca has played 80 mins. When they're at full strength with Milford back then Niko would spell Macca I think but there's always the possibility that they go with a 4 forward bench like they did last year for the run home. Last year when Niko was back from injury & fit they chose to go with 4 forwards on the bench & left him out.
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:38 pm

    White Lightning wrote:

    I think you're being overly optimistic on Macca's score. He's a tackling machine & I don't think he'll be doing much defense. However close to the line he likes to have a go so there's a possibility he could score a try. I'm not sure how Niko will play out. So far he's been coming on in the halves & Macca has played 80 mins. When they're at full strength with Milford back then Niko would spell Macca I think but there's always the possibility that they go with a 4 forward bench like they did last year for the run home. Last year when Niko was back from injury & fit they chose to go with 4 forwards on the bench & left him out.

    Thanks mate
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 462
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by danseels1985 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:42 pm

    How does this look as a final team? Hoping for no injuries and to have this team by round 20/21

    Smith McInnes
    Fifita Brown Eisenhuth Fai
    Taumalolo Taupau JDB Surgess Gallen Crichton
    SJ Pearce NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Turbo Scott Kelly
    Munster Mansour Edwards Hayne Phythian
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5108
    Reputation : 762
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 pm

    Nrl4Life wrote:

    I think my trades will be Hodgson to McInnes/McCull and Fui to Fifita. My reserves for the run home will be McInnes/McCull, Vaughan, Brown, JDB.
    Thanks anywhere maybe if Curtis Scott continues playing I will move Hayne in his position and get Teddy.

    Keep in mind mate that there is a chance Fifi gets rested next week. Flanagan has said he may rest players after Origin. Thinking more Maloney but Fifi has been a bit below par so may get a rest.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1697
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm

    danseels1985 wrote:How does this look as a final team? Hoping for no injuries and to have this team by round 20/21

    Smith McInnes
    Fifita Brown Eisenhuth Fai
    Taumalolo Taupau JDB Surgess Gallen Crichton
    SJ Pearce NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Turbo Scott Kelly
    Munster Mansour Edwards Hayne Phythian
    Looks great! Your C and WFB choices will be giving you a weekly headache though.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4697
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:12 pm

    wolfking wrote:

    Keep in mind mate that there is a chance Fifi gets rested next week. Flanagan has said he may rest players after Origin. Thinking more Maloney but Fifi has been a bit below par so may get a rest.

    I don't know what's going on with Fifita. Most players played better after a strong origin performance but since soo1 Fifita has played crap. I need him to play as I only have him & Taupau. Both N. Brown & Tualau have byes.
    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1264
    Reputation : 301
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm

    BULLDOGS TEAM NEWS - Mbye Hooker Frawley HB Lichaa bench
    KNIGHTS TEAM NEWS - Stone/Feeney out Lamb HB Paea bench
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 3698
    Reputation : 492
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by my tv broke on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:30 pm

    Just noticed on the replay that gutho knocked on, on two separate times, in the last play of the game last night. Only has one error on the stat sheet (not even sure if it was from that play or earlier..) lol
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1029
    Reputation : 546
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Moose on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:36 pm

    my tv broke wrote:Just noticed on the replay that gutho knocked on, on two separate times, in the last play of the game last night. Only has one error on the stat sheet (not even sure if it was from that play or earlier..) lol
    Even Sanjay and Ramesh love King Gutho cheer
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:47 pm

    wolfking wrote:

    Keep in mind mate that there is a chance Fifi gets rested next week. Flanagan has said he may rest players after Origin. Thinking more Maloney but Fifi has been a bit below par so may get a rest.

    Only getting McCullough next week and Fifita the week after.

      Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm