NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Share
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 3092
    Reputation : 498
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Revraiser on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:32 am

    Asipeli Fine for 50.. anyone ??

    Tell Rev he's dreamin'.
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1071
    Reputation : 559
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Moose on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 am

    @filthridden wrote:439 with Chanel to play and surprisingly I haven't lost much in the way of rankings.

    You guys must all be screaming up the ladder.

    Like Zed from Police Academy.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 691
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:44 am

    Gee if Lane is going to play like that every week he'll be a great 4th reserve for me.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9522
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:45 am

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:Geez maybe I didn't plan so well for the bye after all. People here bringing up 600 and 700+'s how many did you have in the other rounds?  

    I had 17 in 12, 14 in 15 and only 10 this round. Somehow despite being strong in two of them, I'm still getting sunk. Would have thought it'd even out but evidently not.  

    From memory:

    16/17/16/17/15 but will only have 16 next week where most I think have 17?
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 691
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:46 am

    Who will play f/b if Gordon is out if indeed he is. I own the rollercoaster that is Latrell Mitchell & it could be between him & Watson.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9522
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:47 am

    @White Lightning wrote:Gee if Lane is going to play like that every week he'll be a great 4th reserve for me.

    He can mate, loved him at the Dogs. Will be very interested to know what happened to Kennedy.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9522
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by SI on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:50 am

    @White Lightning wrote:Who will play f/b if Gordon is out if indeed he is. I own the rollercoaster that is Latrell Mitchell & it could be between him & Watson.

    Watson looked great back there, will be very hard to handle returning the ball.
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 am



    Does anyone know any good trades for this team only 11 playing in round 19?
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 691
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:53 am

    @SI wrote:

    He can mate, loved him at the Dogs.  Will be very interested to know what happened to Kennedy.

    Yeah what's the deal with that. To be named to start & then get dropped must of pissed him off.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 691
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:56 am

    It's official. Feeney was dropped out so Lamb will start.
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2971
    Reputation : 417
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:57 am

    @White Lightning wrote:Who will play f/b if Gordon is out if indeed he is. I own the rollercoaster that is Latrell Mitchell & it could be between him & Watson.


    I'd wager a guess on Robbo leaning towards Watson only because it disrupts the current team structure the least. Latrell moves there then that means Aubo has to play centre for however long he's out which will completely blunt our left side attack.
    Watson moves there then we can just use Cornish as the utility I guess.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 691
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by White Lightning on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:04 pm

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:
     

    I'd wager a guess on Robbo leaning towards Watson only because it disrupts the current team structure the least. Latrell moves there then that means Aubo has to play centre for however long he's out which will completely blunt our left side attack.  
    Watson moves there then we can just use Cornish as the utility I guess.

    Yeah that makes sense. I actually hope Latrell plays on the wing as he tends to score better there. He racks up t/b's having to do the hard yards out of his own half when he's on the wing but at ctr he is just plain lazy & is crap at defense at he just slings out a arm & for some reason doesn't want to go in hard when he's a big body & could smash the opposition.
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1071
    Reputation : 559
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Moose on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:17 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:It's official. Feeney was dropped out so Lamb will start.

    Solid 30 points coming up. 29 of which are scored in the first half.
    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1269
    Reputation : 305
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:21 pm

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:Geez maybe I didn't plan so well for the bye after all. People here bringing up 600 and 700+'s how many did you have in the other rounds?  

    I had 17 in 12, 14 in 15 and only 10 this round. Somehow despite being strong in two of them, I'm still getting sunk. Would have thought it'd even out but evidently not.  

    I had 16 in 12, 16 in 15, 14 in 18(after Whare and Scott withdrawals). Byes are the chance to pounce and make up ground or solidify a lead
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1071
    Reputation : 559
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Moose on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:25 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote: Byes are the chance to pounce and make up ground or solidify a lead

    For some. For others (like myself) the bye period is equivalent to treading water just trying to stay afloat.

    avatar
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1269
    Reputation : 305
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:29 pm

    @Nrl4Life wrote:

    Does anyone know any good trades for this team only 11 playing in round 19?

    Lacking a lot of depth so not a lot that can be done. Really hurt by base price players that failed to make cash in Phythian, Field, Feeney, Hoare. Best case scenario is using 2-3 trade and that left over cash to upgrade what you have. Hodgson>McInnes next week, Fui>Keeper second rower of choice. Leaves 4 reserves of McInnes, Vaughan, Mannering(or similar) and JDB
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2971
    Reputation : 417
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I had 16 in 12, 16 in 15, 14 in 18(after Whare and Scott withdrawals). Byes are the chance to pounce and make up ground or solidify a lead


    Yes I am aware of that. I would never have found myself in the Top 10 if I hadn't had a big Round 12. Still it's clear I haven't planned as well as someone like you has. It does make me wonder how many keepers you have out of those big numbers though and what your plans are post-Origin.
    avatar
    Nrl4Life

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2017-05-09
    Age : 31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Nrl4Life on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:38 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Lacking a lot of depth so not a lot that can be done. Really hurt by base price players that failed to make cash in Phythian, Field, Feeney, Hoare. Best case scenario is using 2-3 trade and that left over cash to upgrade what you have. Hodgson>McInnes next week, Fui>Keeper second rower of choice. Leaves 4 reserves of McInnes, Vaughan, Mannering(or similar) and JDB

    Thanks. Was thinking similar trades but Fui>Fifita and I would have a switcharoo with Nathan Brown and Taupau.
    Who is better McCullough or McInnes?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:39 pm

    Here's hoping this Saunders lad is a the second coming of CHN haha
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1071
    Reputation : 559
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

    Post by Moose on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:49 pm

    Just saw photos of Slater leaving QLD training in a buggy with his ankle iced up. Another potential injury for QLD means NSW are now clear favorites (if they weren't already).

      Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 am