NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Revraiser wrote:

This is what i said on saturday,  would seem the most obvious choice. Assuming he is fit.

Didn't the coach mention they would look at Brown for this week and hope Seggy is right in 19?
    AL
    AL

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

Post by AL Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:47 pm

mango wrote:Need another set of eyes if thats ok gents. I've been slowly slipping back in the rankings since rd 11 due to a combination of factors Bang

My team at the moment with 7 trades and 87k itb.

C.Smith, C.McInnes
    A.Fifita, J.Graham, DPP NPR, NPR
    P.Gallen, S.Burgess, J.DeBelin, J.Taumalolo, A.Crichton, M.Taupau
    S.Johnson, C.Munster, C.Walker, K.Laybutt
    T.Trbojevic, N.Cotric, T.Fuimaono, C.Scott
    B.Slater, D.Edwards, RTS, J.Hayne, J.Fogerty

I dont have enough cash for any major upgrades so I was thinking,

Cotric to Aubusson and Walker to Cleary for now and then after rd 18 I'll have to downgrade someone so I can bring in either Teddy or Mansour but who to downgrade and who to trade? That should be it for me then, only 3 trades for the run home is a bit tight but hopefully I'll have a bit more luck.

How does all that sound? Can anyone see any better options for me?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Was forgetting to select 4 reserves one of the factors? I look at that team and can't believe you are going backwards......limited bye numbers or bad captain pics possibly? You should hold / gain ground with that team I would have thought.

What is your rank?
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm

AL wrote:

Was forgetting to select 4 reserves one of the factors? I look at that team and can't believe you are going backwards......limited bye numbers or bad captain pics possibly? You should hold / gain ground with that team I would have thought.

What is your rank?

Currently ranked 149th mate.

I was in the top 10 after rd 10 but then had some bad luck with injuries and poor performances from players that I traded in for the byes. I've also missed out on the big loophole scores by making what I thought were safe captain choices.

It seemed like every choice I made was the wrong one, hopefully that'll change for the run home.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Moose wrote:Pearce, Mansour and Mcguire
    Pearce, Fifita and RTS
    RTS, Fifita, Taupau

Can only pick one. Who do I go with?

Pearce Fifita and rts
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:28 pm

mango wrote:Need another set of eyes if thats ok gents. I've been slowly slipping back in the rankings since rd 11 due to a combination of factors Bang

My team at the moment with 7 trades and 87k itb.

C.Smith, C.McInnes
    A.Fifita, J.Graham, DPP NPR, NPR
    P.Gallen, S.Burgess, J.DeBelin, J.Taumalolo, A.Crichton, M.Taupau
    S.Johnson, C.Munster, C.Walker, K.Laybutt
    T.Trbojevic, N.Cotric, T.Fuimaono, C.Scott
    B.Slater, D.Edwards, RTS, J.Hayne, J.Fogerty

I dont have enough cash for any major upgrades so I was thinking,

Cotric to Aubusson and Walker to Cleary for now and then after rd 18 I'll have to downgrade someone so I can bring in either Teddy or Mansour but who to downgrade and who to trade? That should be it for me then, only 3 trades for the run home is a bit tight but hopefully I'll have a bit more luck.

How does all that sound? Can anyone see any better options for me?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Awesome team mate!!! Your plan sounds great to me! Plenty of depth.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

In regards to the above conversation and without looking at the top ranked teams, my guess is that few have Cam Smith in there. That's a lot of cash to sink into 70 points in the 5 rounds so far over the bye period. Not being critical at all cause we are using hindsight here, but my guess is that is one of the areas you might look back on to explain why you dropped in the rankings. He's also gonna play 80 minutes max over the next three rounds too so it aint gonna get easier, but too late to do anything about that now.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Ranked 14 and holding on to Cam.

Smith will smite the non-believers in the run home.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Which of these is the better option bearing in mind I only have 4 trades left

Option A: Semi to Tedesco and have 150k cash left
    Option B: Semi to Cleary via Munster and have 115k left
    Option C: Blow all the cash and go Hampton to Hunt or ARey
    Option D: Trade Fai for Finucane via Brown and have 38k left
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:In regards to the above conversation and without looking at the top ranked teams, my guess is that few have Cam Smith in there. That's a lot of cash to sink into 70 points in the 5 rounds so far over the bye period. Not being critical at all cause we are using hindsight here, but my guess is that is one of the areas you might look back on to explain why you dropped in the rankings. He's also gonna play 80 minutes max over the next three rounds too so it aint gonna get easier, but too late to do anything about that now.

Yeah for sure it's played a major part in my slide and its been one of my main regrets. Going by his past record and performances during the origin period though, It just didn't feel right selling him at the time.

Like you said though its all too late now.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

mango wrote:

Yeah for sure it's played a major part in my slide and its been one of my main regrets. Going by his past record and performances during the origin period though, It just didn't feel right selling him at the time.

Like you said though its all too late now.

Yeah you have held some origin players and had some 1-2 week injuries and suspensions, part of that massive slide from top 10 to 150 odd (you poor bastard!) is attributable to that. I think if you make some smart trades with Rounds 18/19 in mind, without weakening your team you will steam home and make up most of that ground. You are in a good spot.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Pretty happy with where im sitting

12 trades left 107k in the bank.

Mcinnes Brailey

Taupau Graham F Kafusi Brown

Burgess Crichton Gallen Taumalolo Elliott Fualalo

Munster A Reynolds Laybutt Hampton

S Mat Tommy T Fui Moga

RTS Walker Mansour Semi Cotric

Need to get Smith back in, Hampton is a problem...anyone else see any good trade options ?

At this stage 16 round 18 17 round 19

155th overall

Happy days
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

B/L wrote:Pretty happy with where im sitting

12 trades left 107k in the bank.

Mcinnes Brailey

Taupau Graham F Kafusi Brown

Burgess Crichton Gallen Taumalolo Elliott Fualalo

Munster A Reynolds Laybutt Hampton

S Mat Tommy T Fui Moga

RTS Walker Mansour Semi Cotric

Need to get Smith back in, Hampton is a problem...anyone else see any good trade options ?

At this stage 16 round 18 17 round 19

155th overall

Happy days

Sitting pretty there mate with trades, cash and loads of downgrade options. You're also right on my tail in overall!

Your team is looking really good for rd 18 and 19 so it's pretty hard making suggestions that don't affect you're scoring in those rounds.

Maybe downgrade the likes of Hampton, Moga and Cotric to raise more cash so you can upgrade Kaufusi, Brown and Elliot later.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:In regards to the above conversation and without looking at the top ranked teams, my guess is that few have Cam Smith in there. That's a lot of cash to sink into 70 points in the 5 rounds so far over the bye period. .

Just imagine if Friend hadn't been HIA'd too. He's been a good bye round choice, even with his 0
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Morning all. Time to drop Standard's annual byes bombshell. This year it may happen in Round 20 though.

Crichtonne out!

Netts 500k that could upgrade 3 of my mid rangers that are remnants of bye planning into guns for the run home. Crichton's base stats aren't better than any other guns unless we go down the slippery path of including tries as his base stats.

He may well average nearly 80 going forward, but he could also average 50 odd without tries.

The 3 mid rangers would probably be Lord Dale/Musgrove/Tolman to Taupau/Lolo/Fifita.
    Thoughts?

Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Hey guys, can I get some advice? which option do you guys like best?

1. Cotric to Cleary via Walker and Leilua to Aubusson or T. Trbjovic
    2. Cotric to Pearce via Walker
    3. Cotric to NPR and Marsters to S. Burgess
    4. Cotric to NPR and Eisenhuth to Fifita or M. Taupau
    5. Cotric to Dugan or Mansour and C. Walker to N. Cleary

my current team is

C. Smith (B. Smith)
    J. Paulo, J. Graham, (M. Eisenhuth) NPR
    A. Crichton, J. Taumalolo, P. Gallen, (J. De Belin), (N. Brown) (E. Marsters)
    S. Johnson, C. Munster, (C. Walker) NPR
    J. Leilua, T. Fuimaoano, (J. Hayne) NPR
    J. Rapana, J. Tedesco, D. Edwards (R. Tuivasa Sheck) (N. Cotric)

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

SI wrote:Morning all. Time to drop Standard's annual byes bombshell. This year it may happen in Round 20 though.

Crichtonne out!

Netts 500k that could upgrade 3 of my mid rangers that are remnants of bye planning into guns for the run home. Crichton's base stats aren't better than any other guns unless we go down the slippery path of including tries as his base stats.

He may well average nearly 80 going forward, but he could also average 50 odd without tries.

The 3 mid rangers would probably be Lord Dale/Musgrove/Tolman to Taupau/Lolo/Fifita.
    Thoughts?

You do what you think is right mate. I think the points benefit outweigh keeping Crichton in your scenario. I'm doing something similar in round 20 as I'm trading McInnes to Smith.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:54 pm

SI wrote:Morning all. Time to drop Standard's annual byes bombshell. This year it may happen in Round 20 though.

Crichtonne out!

Thoughts?

affraid

Shocked

scratch

silent

Surprised

Twisted Evil

Aha... selling him when he hits his peak... I like your thinking
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Crichtonne out!

Thoughts?

Lightning never strikes twice mate.

Surely he can't Crichtonne again.....

Yes I am trying to jinx you.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Crichtonne out!

Thoughts?

If you have 4 trades to use like that, go ahead. Assume you run Crichton/Dale/Tolman now and they score you 50/45/50 vs 60/60/60 you're up by 25 a week.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Crichtonne out!

Thoughts?

Lightning never strikes twice mate.

Surely he can't Crichtonne again.....

Yes I am trying to jinx you.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am