NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Not quite the same but most of the Aus DFS sites (draftstars,moneyball the biggest 2) have NFL comps

Hi Milch, thanks. I'll take a look. Do you mean they have daily leagues for NFL? or are there season ones too?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Simon Templar Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:05 am

127 for Semi against the Broncos at Suncorp. Wow!!! Surprised

Congrats to anyone who had him in their 17.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:05 am

Simon Templar wrote:127 for Semi against the Broncos at Suncorp. Wow!!! Surprised

Congrats to anyone who had him in their 17.
    I have the V on him  Very Happy

Does the VSDT loophole still work?  I have subbed Captain Gallen out for Briton Nikora.  Gallen no longer "looks" like he is in my 17.  So my NPR potential AE's are Gallen/Maubbs/Surgess/Watson/Sironen.  I will more than likely cop a 10 from one of the latter 2  Crying or Very sad
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:16 am

Oh wait, I can still R Gallen.  Still means I get a shit AE but don't lose Gallen's score.  Forgot the ways of the old loophole.  This will all work won't it?  I just cop the shit AE for Briton right?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:33 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hi Milch, thanks. I'll take a look. Do you mean they have daily leagues for NFL? or are there season ones too?

Didn't reply to this before, but what i meant is that there are plenty of daily fantasy comps available for NFL. No season long comps run by the DFS sites.

The DFS comps would cost money too, although there would probably be a few freeroll or at least low $ comps around. I've stopped playing NRL DFS comps this year so not really down with whats going on these days
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:30 am

SI wrote:
    I have the V on him  Very Happy

Does the VSDT loophole still work?  I have subbed Captain Gallen out for Briton Nikora.  Gallen no longer "looks" like he is in my 17.  So my NPR potential AE's are Gallen/Maubbs/Surgess/Watson/Sironen.  I will more than likely cop a 10 from one of the latter 2  Crying or Very sad

Good for you SI. Very Happy

The VSDT loophole still works the same way it always has, thank goodness. IMO it is far more logical than the NRLF loophole.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am

So with 1 round to go

I am in 8th spot
    R&T in 11th, 34 points away from 10th and a money spot
    Pacey's Best in 14th, 102 points away from money.

All the top teams are hitting 950+ most weeks these days, so its hard to make up serious ground.
    Just have to hope for some injury effected low scores or get a Radradra style massive haul to make a big change in the rankings.

Any good ideas on captaincy choice this week?
    Currently sticking it on Mannering. Trying to stay in top 10 so don't want to risk someone like Teddy/Pearce and think I want the more reliable scoring of a forward
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:22 am

well, I have one trade left and am sitting at 51. Would like to get as high as possible so am looking at a POD

Before trades

Smith McInnes
    Vaughan Brown Gallen Papalii
    JDB Taupau JT13 JTurbo Surgess Wallace
    Cleary DCE HAyne May
    Crichton Edwards Fui Pangai
    Rapana Munster Scott Tturbo Cwalker

And 94k

Thinking Wallace out for cordner and chucking the Vice on him and captain Smith and playing a 17 of

Smith McInnes
    Vaughan Brown Gallen
    JDB Cordner JT13 Jturbo Taupau
    Cleary DCE
    Crichton Scott
    Rapana Munster Tturbo

Anyone else I'm missing? Could bring in pearce as well or latrell etc. Even Lafai could come in. Don't really want Ted as too many will have him.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 am

I think I'm going JTurbo. The Sea Eagles have to win or risk falling out of the 8 so he should play 80 and he's been in good try-scoring form recently.

The other option is Taumalolo because his team is in the same situation and he will probably smash our forward pack as usual.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:25 am

Using my last trade on Edwards to a WFB, who should I get? Anyone besides Roberts and TTurbo.

EDIT: just realised I only have 397k to get someone so anyone under that. Thinking Vunivalu for a punt?

Last edited by MilfordTheMagician on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:27 am

Milchcow wrote:
    So with 1 round to go

I am in 8th spot

All the top teams are hitting 950+ most weeks these days, so its hard to make up serious ground.
    Just have to hope for some injury effected low scores or get a Radradra style massive haul to make a big change in the rankings.

Currently sticking it on Mannering. Trying to stay in top 10 so don't want to risk someone like Teddy/Pearce and think I want the more reliable scoring of a forward

As below, I think Cordner may be in for a big one. Good hole runner, weak titans pack, has solid base stats.

With your lot as it is, I'd go pearce.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:41 am

Milchcow wrote:
    So with 1 round to go

I am in 8th spot

Good luck Milchy. Hope you hold onto that top 10 spot mate.

Mannering is a good choice. He has the highest avg in DT this season for a reason. An 80-min middle player who performs almost every week, no matter who the opposition is and no matter where the game is played. You would have to be unlucky if he let you down.

P.S. I'm sitting in 210th atm. Hoping to creep into the top 200 in the final round, which would be respectable. It's been a frustrating season. Things haven't quite clicked into place for me.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:42 am

Play 2 out of

Sam Burgess, Martin Taupau, Cody Walker, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

I want to play Taupau and RTS, but thinking it might be worthwhile keeping RTS free in case of late withdrawals and taking a punt on Surgess instead.

Any thoughts?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 am

Milchcow wrote:Play 2 out of

Sam Burgess, Martin Taupau,  Cody Walker, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

I want to play Taupau and RTS, but thinking it might be worthwhile keeping RTS free in case of late withdrawals and taking a punt on Surgess instead.

Any thoughts?

If you ignore when the players actually play, then I would choose Taupau and RTS.

Keeping RTS free in case of late withdrawals (because he plays in the last game) is a valid strategy. But who to play in his place? Burgess or Walker? It's a toss of the coin IMO. I wouldn't put either of them ahead of RTS on current form.

Not sure if that helps. There is no definitive answer IMO.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 am

Milchcow wrote:Play 2 out of

Sam Burgess, Martin Taupau,  Cody Walker, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Any thoughts?

Who your AE is may have a bearing. If it's a half reasonable AE then RTS can play.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:54 am

Surgess out answers that quiestion for me. Also have to play Fui for Crichton.

Everyone at the top has reasonable depth so most people can cover things - but Crichton/Surgess/Edwards all out might test some
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Surgess out answers that quiestion for me. Also have to play Fui for Crichton.

Everyone at the top has reasonable depth so most people can cover things - but Crichton/Surgess/Edwards all out might test some

I have too much depth (didn't have enough trades to downgrade unwanted reserves post-Origin), but the depth has come in handy this week:

C.Scott in for Edwards
    T.Harris in for Crichton
    Buhrer in for Finucane (shame he is a POD)

I might even sneak into the top 200. Haha!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:02 pm

I've got hayne, may and scott left as depth so can handle 2-3 more late withdrawals. Kind of hope it hapoena
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:I've got hayne, may and scott left as depth so can handle 2-3 more late withdrawals. Kind of hope it hapoena

I have C.Walker (37) and Fui (27) as my two reserves (18th & 19th men), so I can handle one more withdrawal (with Fui's 27 as my AE).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 am

1044 to finish with. That should keep me in the top 10.

Was in a position to challenge at one point, but got killed by a few injuries around the end of origin.

Made a few poor trades early in the year, but the back end of the comp was more bag luck than bad management

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm