NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Milchcow Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:44 pm

C/VC options?

Looping will be viable for essentially everyone (especially given its easier here than in Fantasy)

I'm thinking of VC Lolo, C Gallen

Tedesco, SJ the other VC options. who is most likely to Crichtonne it this week?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Milchcow Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:48 pm

take 2 at the BEs

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 8 OhEH5hr
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Tue 20 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    C/VC options?

Looping will be viable for essentially everyone (especially given its easier here than in Fantasy)

Tedesco, SJ the other VC options. who is most likely to Crichtonne it this week?

I'm going VC Teddy, C Gallen.

I'm praying to god that I get an easy Eliminator opponent tomorrow. Before trades, I only have 13 green dots. I will probably do these trades to get me to 15 and have a few orange dots in MWZ, Laybutt, FBrown.

Ma'u -> Mansour
    JDB -> Taupau

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed 21 Jun 2017, 1:42 am

Milchcow wrote:
    C/VC options?

I can't loophole in either comp because I have more than 17 in both Sad

I would do SJ personally because they're at home and against the Dogs. Lolo will have all the Origin players back so who knows what Green will do with his minutes.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed 21 Jun 2017, 1:53 am

I'm thinking vc on manjuice and c on gallen but if I see my eliminator opponent has the c on SJ might copy him if I think I'm on top with averages
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 21 Jun 2017, 4:16 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

I can't loophole in either comp because I have more than 17 in both Sad

I would do SJ personally because they're at home and against the Dogs. Lolo will have all the Origin players back so who knows what Green will do with his minutes.

Its still doable in both, regardless of having more than 17 as far as I understand. But in VTSD it works out better (because you can switch who your C goes on). In VTSD you put the C on a non-playing person and sub out your crappest (17th best) guy. In effect what will happen is your 17th best guy's score will be replaced by your AE which might not be too big a difference, in fact you may even get that score as your AE. The more players you have though the greater likelihood your AE is low. Does that make sense?

I guess the main point is that in VDST you can still keep your original captains score. IN NRL.com you lose that score (if you have more than 17) because it is that player who you have to sub out.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:24 am

R&T is spot on in everything he said.

I can loophole because I only have 1 CTR playing this week, so will be getting an AE anyway.

So if my VC goes big, Crichton is going to become captain and I don't have to sub anyone out of my team.
    Will probably get Frawley as AE, but that is going to happen anyway
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:49 am

@milchcow

Cheers for the BEs mate. Do you know if anyone is gonna do them while you are away?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:31 am

No one that I know of. But if you want to give it a crack, Pm me an email address and I'll give you some instructions
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:34 am

Milchcow wrote:
    No one that I know of.  But if you want to give it a crack, Pm me an email address and I'll give you some instructions

I wasnt actually thinking me, but I'd be happy to give it a crack - does it take very long?

Up to you mate, I dont want to create extra work for you if means you end up spending heaps of time explaining it to me. Especially if you are getting ready for your trip!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:32 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I wasnt actually thinking me, but I'd be happy to give it a crack - does it take very long?

Up to you mate, I dont want to create extra work for you if means you end up spending heaps of time explaining it to me. Especially if you are getting ready for your trip!

Hey R&T. I think you would be more than capable of picking it up and it shouldn't require a lot of instruction from Milchy. I assume he has a spreadsheet set up with all the necessary queries, and there would be some minor modifications required each week to rip the most recent data. (Is my assumption correct @Milchow?)

Last edited by Simon Templar on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:34 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Its still doable in both, regardless of having more than 17 as far as I understand. But in VTSD it works out better (because you can switch who your C goes on). In VTSD you put the C on a non-playing person and sub out your crappest (17th best) guy. In effect what will happen is your 17th best guy's score will be replaced by your AE which might not be too big a difference, in fact you may even get that score as your AE. The more players you have though the greater likelihood your AE is low. Does that make sense?

I guess the main point is that in VDST you can still keep your original captains score. IN NRL.com you lose that score (if you have more than 17) because it is that player who you have to sub out.

Hey T&R. Why do you always type VDST instead of VSDT?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:37 am

Milchcow wrote:
    take 2 at the BEs

Thanks Milchy.  Very Happy
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:40 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey T&R. Why do you always type VDST instead of VSDT?

Haha, well for one it looks like I typed it two different ways in that particular post and two, I dont know what its supposed to be Smile

Sorry mate, Im much better with numbers than words Smile

I thought it stood for Virtual Dreamteam Sports Deck

Haha, actually cancel that, I just had no bloody idea haha!!!

So what is it actually?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:51 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

in VSDT I have Whare and Frawley as my worst players so I really don't want an AE score of like 10... haha

As far as I was aware if you have more than 17 in Fantasy you can't do it and I don't want Hampton's AE score either lol
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:08 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

in VSDT I have Whare and Frawley as my worst players so I really don't want an AE score of like 10... haha

As far as I was aware if you have more than 17 in Fantasy you can't do it and I don't want Hampton's AE score either lol

Yeah fair enough, but if there happened to be a Crichton type performance you would probably still pull the trigger wouldnt you?

Mechanically you can still do it in Fantasy as far as I know. Wouldn't it just work the same way as with 17 or less players? Except that obviously you wouldn't get your original captain as your AE. So you'd need an almighty vc score for it to be worth it, but again probably a Crichton type score would be worth it:

For augments sake you would get the 121 doubled which on averages would be ~ 60 more than you'd get from the likes of Smith and Tolo. Then if you had more than 17, you'd lose your captains score when u subbed them out -60 ish? and get your AE instead. So on average you'd be better off by whatever your AE scored BUT the key is it would be risk free (you wouldnt have to worry about your Captain having a shitter). (Although there is another risk there and that is if you have a late withdrawal that you can cover in which case you'd break even on the whole thing).

Either way though it would take a remarkable VC score for it to be worth loop-holing and therefore the above is largely irrelevant (if my understanding of the mechanics of it all are correct).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:18 am

In Fantasy you can loop with more than 17, it's just not generally worth it.

But last week if you'd VC'd Crichton with Captain Gallen, you'd be ahead by loopholing even if it meant losing Gallen's score altogether and copping a crap AE
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:58 am

Eliminators now up, my opponent has a few who could score well on their day but based on averages I should have him covered.

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nrl/dreamteam/team/other_teams?tid=1445
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 21 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm

My opponent has 20 players available this week pre-trades (would have had 21 if JDB was available)

Scored 426 last week with basically no bunnies or eels, so obviously some H2H player.

Rapana, JTrbo, Gutherson, Papalii his key PODS against me.

If they stay quietish I'm a good chance

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed 21 Jun 2017, 1:48 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Haha, well for one it looks like I typed it two different ways in that particular post and two, I dont know what its supposed to be Smile

Sorry mate, Im much better with numbers than words Smile

I thought it stood for Virtual Dreamteam Sports Deck

Haha, actually cancel that, I just had no bloody idea haha!!!

So what is it actually?

Haha! That's a very logical guess R&T (which doesn't surprise me), but VDST sounds like a social disease. LOL.

VSDT = Virtual Sports Dream Team

Virtual Sports rebranded itself as Sports Deck a couple of years ago (as reflected in the title of this thread), but I think the parent company still goes by the name Vapormedia (but don't quote me on that).

I suppose we could start referring to it as SDDT or VSSDDT, but it has been known in the forum as VSDT since 2014 (when NRL.com severed it's ties with Virtual Sports and handed the reins over to Fanhub who created NRL Fantasy), so there is no urgent need to stop using the name VSDT.

/End of history lesson.  Wink haha

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:48 pm