NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:37 am

Next weeks trades sorted if teams named as expected

Wallace>Vaughan
    Whitehead>Harris
    Talakai>Whare

Start moving towards final 17 while also giving solid bye options
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:40 am

Already given myself a bit of doubt. Is Ryan James playing 15/19 and averaging 50 odd in mostly base stats worth 30k more than Tohu Harris playing 15/18 and averaging around 10 points less?
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:50 am

KNik- Munster
    Frawley- Lolohea

These 2 trade outs are definitely due and I think Stone being out helps me to do these trades, means I can trade him next week without having to worry about price drops or a bad AE.

Next week I want to cash Stone to 138k, Whitehead to Taumalolo, and probably cash out Cotric to 138k. Will leave me plenty of cash for some choices in R16.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 am

JJ wrote:Advice appreciated. 13 trades left and 20k. Ranked 73 and have no idea what I'm doing.

Current team is:
    Friend Brailey
    McGuire Wallace Graham Yates
    JDB LoLo Surgess Crichton Elliot Whitehead
    SJ Munster ARey Field
    Smat Hoppa Cotric Rennings
    RTS Slater Holmes Jayne CNK

That's a great team mate, and even better ranking. I see you have only got 1 reply (funny that guys ranked highly dont tend to get much feedback Wink ) so for what its worth I'll chuck in my thoughts so you can explore options.

I think your priority should be to get in McInnes for Brailey (next week) and therefore you'll need the cash. That'll will be a 2 in 1 as it will deal with the Brailey issue and at the same time bring in a keeper for the season.

I'd cash out Cotric this week and use some of that money to bring in either Merrin or Vaughn. The former is better value and starting to look like a must have for the season (but in terms of bye schedules if you can afford him would be a better pick up at round 16), the latter has the main advantage of boosting your round 15 numbers. I'd go Vaughn cause you are looking pretty slim for round 15. I havent looked at the BE's but trade out Yates or Whitehead, which ever is more urgent (sounds like Yates based on an earlier post). That'll cost ~$180k.

With DPP you could trade out Cotric to either a half, WFB, or C so you could take your pick of a bunch of bottom priced guys and net yourself ~ $45k (after the Vaughn trade) and hopefully at the same time as a bonus you might be able to sneak eek out an extra 20 points or so by grabbing a guy who will play round 15.

Then next week you'll have $65k, if you then cash out CNK you should just have enough to go Brailey to McInnes although it would be tight and dependent on McInnes' and Brailey's scores this week.

You might want to think a few more steps though cause that'll leave you with effectively $0 and you'd need to find more cash somewhere to complete your final 17. Perhaps cash out Slater in 15 (and switch Munster to WFB) to fund Whitehead to Merrin in 16 and leave cash left over to bring in Tedesco perhaps for RTS?

Hopefully that helps a bit mate. Good luck!

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Already given myself a bit of doubt. Is Ryan James playing 15/19 and averaging 50 odd in mostly base stats worth 30k more than Tohu Harris playing 15/18 and averaging around 10 points less?

Assume if who ever you pick will be in your final 17. Is Tahu going to be able to match it with the big guns on the run home?

See how he goes this week but James feels more like a keeper to me based off Tahu's form so far
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Milf, Cotric and RTS on the chopping block this week, which two make way for Rapana and Cleary??

Well Milf is definitely one otherwise you can't trade in Cleary in the halves. So its either Cotric or RTS. People keep talking up the Warriors stepping up during the bye period which should mean better scores for RTS. I personally prefer Cotric. I love the work rate on the kid and he's definitely been my biggest trade out regret. His dual DPP is also handy to have to make adjustments to your centre/fb position
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 am

itsJay wrote:

Well Milf is definitely one otherwise you can't trade in Cleary in the halves. So its either Cotric or RTS. People keep talking up the Warriors stepping up during the bye period which should mean better scores for RTS. I personally prefer Cotric. I love the work rate on the kid and he's definitely been my biggest trade out regret. His dual DPP is also handy to have to make adjustments to your centre/fb position

Issue with Cotric is that he is now a 350k winger, we are setting our final 18s and he plays neither of the 2 big byes left. Unfortunately he's gotta go even with that DPP flexibility and the knowledge he's good for some 40+
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 am

itsJay wrote:

Have Munster in the halves so he would just come down to WFB.
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 am

GreenMachine wrote:

When you compare the popular JBrom with Gurgess he looks terrific value all of a sudden. Similar points expectation for 100k less. Big caveats to his value though...

I don't like seeing Tyrell and Clark hanging around now on the reserves list and Musgrove has made a difference when he's come on.

Rabs might be best to comment here but Tom has looked a bit more the safer option and more disciplined this year, which puts me off George getting the 55+mins you'd want to see as a first-17 player.

There's always the chance of a Turner return to prop if they wake up to themselves and put burns/Jennings/Goodwin on the wing, Johnston back to full back and Sutton into the backrow. A lot of moving parts in this sentence but every armchair coach and spectator knows this is exactly what he should be doing in order to get Walker back in the 6 jumper

All in all too many ways Gurgess can see reduced mins for my liking, so only a trade if it is ok for him to be 18th man or NPR after the byes, as he's not a bad AE

Well said

Also the best thing about a rabbits player is they play 14,15,17,18,19. two massive bye rounds as well as 19...rd 16 shouldnt be an issue to cover, so your getting extra points along the way for a player who will assumingly only be there as a servicable AE come end of the year. For what its worth im 90% commited to do this. Im sitting in 18th spot at the moment and Gurgess has a BE of 14 so he is going to slowly go up in value JWH has picked and only has value as a rd 18 player to which Gurgess will also play.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 am

itsJay wrote:

I think this year the Warriors schedule is not conducive to the typical "warriors bye run" aye! To be honest I think the Brisbane game will be it. Perhaps they will get some benefit up against the Dogs on a short turn around, otherwise the Warriors have Byes on the remaining two Big bye rounds. I dont see a run this year at all!!

On top of that, listening to Kearney on the radio yesterday he sounds increasingly frustrated and simply out of answers. His approach is to "keep the faith" but the flip side of that is there is simply no-one else who could significantly come into this squad to really make any difference. He seems convinced the Broncos game was a sign that the current playing group can produce if the "get their processes right" but its far easier to get processes right when you are up against a B team. As soon as they play an A-Grade NRL side their process go to shit again!

Quite honestly there are no answers over hear as to why the Warriors consistently under-perform, why players consistently head over to NZ and get worse, and why those that leave the Warriors improve and therefore what to do about this team.

Reading between the lines I'd say Bodene is on the chopping block if he doesnt pull finger - but outside of trying to put a rocket up him (and therefore hopefully the rest of the team) no-one over here are really coming up with any solutions. Sipley into the pack maybe? but thats about it. It does seem that until they can get a couple heavy hitting hard working props to head over to NZ the Warriors will continue to suck.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Issue with Cotric is that he is now a 350k winger, we are setting our final 18s and he plays neither of the 2 big byes left. Unfortunately he's gotta go even with that DPP flexibility and the knowledge he's good for some 40+
    I feel weird trading him out for another Raider even though it is Rapana.
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 am

Any titans followers out there care to let me know more about Morgan Boyle?

@ $232k is he a downgrade option capable of hismid 30 avg....mins have been anywhere between 30-80 with a decent run the last 3 games. however he has only played 5 games, but 3 on the trot.

looking at possible frf downgrades aka JBrom and Gurgess options.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:06 am

GreenMachine wrote:

100% agree. Bugger all money takes you from Cotric to absolute gun WFB keepers like Rapana and Teddy, or alternatively to a bye-friendly guy like Munster or perhaps even next week a very cheap C Walker if he shows sign of turning his form around.

Admittedly I ditched Cotric too early but $350 k with 2 Byes is way too much in the tank unless of course you see him as a keeper which at C if you have bugger all trades left could be an option I guess.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I feel weird trading him out for another Raider even though it is Rapana.

Does (55.5-37.77)*11 = 193.03 help put your mind at ease? Wink
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Does (55.5-37.77)*11 = 193.03 help put your mind at ease? Wink
    Feeling much better now.
    Still can't figure out who from Milf or RTS gets cut this week.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am

JJ wrote:Advice appreciated. 13 trades left and 20k. Ranked 73 and have no idea what I'm doing.

Current team is:
    Friend Brailey
    McGuire Wallace Graham Yates
    JDB LoLo Surgess Crichton Elliot Whitehead
    SJ Munster ARey Field
    Smat Hoppa Cotric Rennings
    RTS Slater Holmes Jayne CNK

Just noticed this via another reply. Going well and set for a high finish!

I think you're nearly there too and have some nice PODs and some decent cover for byes.

Some thoughts:

Slater to Tedesco (Cash out Cotric, Hayne to Centre) this just about settles your back 5 with Hayne/Hoppa as 18th man

Yates and/or Elliott downgrades to fund a Wallace (pending origin) or Graham (pending surgery) to Fifita

Final trades spent to get you from Brailey to Cam smith. Not fun or easy but do it over a couple of weeks through Whitehead cash out and downgrading whichever non playing back is worth the most

You will end up with a final 17 bench something like
    Friend
    Wallace/Graham
    Crichton
    ARey

Decent!
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Leaving Cotric for now allows you the flexibility of upgrading him down the track to either a gun WFB or fix up your centre to a gun like TTurbo or Roberts
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 am

Just out of interest, why is everyone so keen on Cleary now? ( 5 round average isn't anything to write home about, scored a try last match for a boost ). Is it due to Moylan or there form??
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 am

itsJay wrote:

Leaving Cotric for now allows you the flexibility of upgrading him down the track to either a gun WFB or fix up your centre to a gun like TTurbo or Roberts

Sure, if anyone doesn't own one of Teddy/Nofo/Rapana I would suggest you're spot on

I think many teams are in a similar position to me with 6 *decent guys now for 5 positions, without Cotric, so a no brainer to release him

*Tedesco RTS Slater TTurbo Hayne Maubbs

I know others have SMat or Croker instead of Aubusson, also good. I don't see where cotric fits in
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:29 am

Thinking of keeping Milford for one last bash against the Rabbits at home, and going Frawley to Laybutt instead, taking 200k into next week.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am